113.

Luhan's Empire



POP MAGAZINE - LU HAN


Luhan, as refreshing as the morning dew, a man who is the definition of the word ‘boy’, a real man who is carefree, true to himself, and transparent. Extraordinarily strong and able to bear with a great deal, he possesses an explosive power that is surprising coming from his small frame. Always enthusiastic, he treats the audience as brightly as the sun, and treats his friend as warmly as the spring wind. He might not talk much, but his heart speaks for itself. Constantly grateful for what he has, please continue to freely fly forward!

Before the start of the interview, Luhan was sitting still in the middle chair, sleeping. His head was down and his mouth was hanging slightly open. The manager gestured to me (the interviewer) “sorry, this kid is sick, he’s not feeling well.” I felt bad then. During rehearsal (for China Love Concert) I also saw him cough many times. Speaking of which, why is it that every time I interview him he’s either sick or has a fever? Health is a person’s most important asset. A few seconds later, maybe because he heard movement, Luhan shook and woke up. He turned to look at (the interviewer) with bloodshot eyes, seemed dazed for a moment, then stood up to greet (her). The interviewer quickly pushed him back onto his seat while saying, “sit down, sit down, sleep a bit more.” Luhan shook his head and smiled, his tired eyes forming a line, so cute. At the end of the interview, the recorder was too far away, so the interviewer gestured to Luhan. The kid understood immediately, and passed it over with both hands, such a good kid.

Interview Questions

1. Other than Kris, who cares a lot about their personal fashion?

Luhan: (staring at Tao) Since debut everyone’s been careful about managing their images, but we don’t try to dress a certain way, it’s just what’s natural. Everyone has their own tastes, as for me, it’s good as long as it’s simple and comfortable.

2. Who is Soul Rich (like teeth rich, etc.)?

Luhan: (elbows Lay and whispers) Not chicken soup for the soul.

3. Soul Rich can be explained as someone whose heart is broad and open, who can accept and embrace everything. 

Luhan: As broad as the ocean~

4. Do you have any plans for activities in China in the later half of the year?

Luhan: We are anxious to show our fans, who have been waiting for a long time, how we have grown.

5. So that they feel it’s worth it?

Luhan & Lay: (Nodding profusely) Yes!

6. Tao said in an earlier interview for our magazine that he practices yoga to maintain a flexible body, is this body management still on going?

Luhan: (Jaw drops laughing) lets think about this and answer nicely.

China Love Concert Recording

Point 3: High Spirits!

When vocal line was rehearsing “Open Arms”, D.O’s pitching was too high and when Luhan followed up he was already starting to laugh…. The three of them stared at D.O for a while, then gave up, shoulders slumped, and said “you’re always nervous, lets try it again.”

Point 4: Laughter!

Standing behind Luhan and watching him laugh, I was actually really worried. The director just said that Luhan has a fever, and laughing this crazily…I’m worried he’ll run out of oxygen.


trans: oh-luhans