Chapter 2.

Can I Love You?

Se Ryeong's POV

 

"Umma? Appa? Where are you???" This little girl cried, looking for his mom and dad. 

"oho~ hey little kid, you lost or something?" A strange looking ahjussi came out of nowhere.

"I'm looking for my mom and dad. Ahjussi, have you seen them?" The little girl asked while tears slowly form in her eyes.

"Heh. Sure thing, I'll bring you to your umma and appa. Now, Come with me." the strange ahjussi said with an evil smirk.

"jjinja?? thank you ahjussi!" the little girl, not knowing anything, followed the stranger.

 

But suddenly, out of nowhere..."SE RYEONG-AH!!!" the little girl's dad called out.

"Oh??? APPA!!!!" the little girl shouted for joy as he saw his dad. But as the little girl tried to pull her hands away from the stranger, the strange ahjussi just tightened its grip on the little girl.

"AHJUSSI, LET ME GO! THERE'S MY APPA! YOU DON'T NEED TO HELP ME ANYMORE!" the little girl cried out.

"YOU ING , LET MY DAUGHTER GO!!!" the little girl's father demanded.

But the strange ahjussi did not let the little girl go but instead he pulled out a gun and pointed it to the little girl. 

"Give me the money first or I'll take your daughter's life instead." the stranger threathened.

"OK!! OK!! I WILL...NOW LET MY DAUGHTER GO." the father said.

As the father was about to hand the money to the stranger there was a loud thud that was heard behind the stranger. 

Apparently, the stranger was hit by a hard rock behind its head causing the stranger to fall on the ground.

 

"SE RYEONG-ah!!!" the little girl's mother cried out after throwing the hard rock on the head of the stranger.

The mother quickly ran into the little girl's arms.

"UMMA!!!" the little girl called out while hugging its mother.

"Darling! Are you alright?" the father of the little girl asked to the mother.

"Yes, honey I'm fine. But we have to get out of here. The other people from the loan sharks are out here. It's dangerous for our Se Ryeong." the mother explained.

"Umma, Appa. Why are we running away?" the little girl asked.

"Se Ryeong-ah, no matter what happens, just always remember that umma and I loves you so much, hmm?" the father said while he went to his daughter's arms. 

 

The other loan shark people found the little girl's family and the parents are panicking.

"Se Ryeong-ah."  the father called to his daughter and carried her to a little shed beside a trash bin.

"Se Ryeong-ah, you are to hide here, ok? DO NOT! ever make a noise and leave here, Okay? Umma and I will be back. Okay?" the father of the little girl assured.

"That's right, Se Ryeong-ah. You...have to...live. For us....You have to be happy. Even if we won't be there for you..." the mother of the little girl said while tears started to form on her eyes.

"UMMA...APPA..." was the only words the little girl could mouth out. 

Then both the parents gave their child a tight hug and a kiss on the little girl's forehead. Then the parents went to face their cruel fate.

While the little girl was hiding she started to hear loud screams and with fear, she covered her ears and tears filled with fear started to flow out from her eyes. Then suddenly, two loud "BANG!~" were heard. 

"AISHHH!!! THAT'S WHAT THEY GET FOR NOT PAYING!!!" an ahjussi screamed.

"COME ON BOYS LET'S GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE BEFORE THE COPS SEES US" another ahjussi said.

A huge van was driven by a bunch of ahjussi's and the little girl saw the van walk out of the scene.

After a couple of minutes, rain started to form.

The little girl went to the direction of her parents' lifeless bodies. 

She tapped the both of them while calling out their names, "UMMA...!!! APPA...!!! LET'S GO!!!" she said as she was already crying hard.

"ANYONE?! IS THERE ANYONE THERE?! PLEASE HELP US!!!" the little girl cried out for help but the little alley was too silent, nobody came for help.

"UMMA!!! APPA!!! DON'T LEAVE ME!!! PLEASE!!! WAKE UP!!!! UMMAAAA!!! APPAAAA!!!" the litlle girl was now on the verge of going crazy in front of her parents' lifeless and bloodied bodies.

"UMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! APPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

 

"AHHH!!~" I suddenly wake up from my bed jerking my upper body. I was out of breath and cold sweat was falling from my face. My hands were trembling with fear as I hear the sound of rain outside. I snapped into reality and went outside my room to grab some water to drink. I placed down the glass after drinking and instead of going back to my room, I sat on a corner hugging my legs and trembling from fear. 


"u-u-umma....uh....a-a-appa..." I whispered as I shiver in complete darkness and fear. It's not as if it's the first time I ever had this nightmare, in fact almost every night, this nightmare always strike my sleep. I was alone. No one even knew that I am suffering from this nightmares. Sumi only knew about my family situation but she never knew I was suffering like this. I don't want to tell her about this. Not because I'm being greedy but because I didn't want to put burden on her. 

As I continued to sit there for a few minutes, tears started to flow out of m eyes. I missed my parents so much. It pained me and my heart is shattered everytime I recall that nightmare. Without noticing, I lay on the cold ground and there I fell asleep again.

 

-NEXT DAY-

 

The next day, I woke up. And I realized that I have slept on the cold ground. I looked at my wall clock and it read "7:30AM". I stood up and got myself ready to head to the convenient store for work. On the way, I met Sumi. 

"Se Ry-onggggg ah~~~~" Sumi called out to me quickly backhugging me.

Although I was awkward to social life with others, I never got awkward with Sumi's hugs

"Good morning, Sumi." I said to her.

"Yah~~~ you know what??? I bought this cute hairband yesterday in Myungdong~~ guess what, I bought two! I bought one for you! Here! :D" she said happily while she put the hairband in my hair.

"Oh..you shouldn't have....anyway...thanks..." I said, shyly.

"hihihihihi~~~ you're so cuteeeeeeee Se Ryeong-ah!!!" she screamed while hugging me more.

I don't know if I should put on a happy face or what but her warm hugs were kinda enough for me to forget the nightmares I had even for just a day.

"Let's go, Sumi." I said. "OH! YEAH!~" she exclaimed while dragging me on our way to the convenient store.

 

As we started our work, it was just like a normal day that passes by. Customers coming in, chooosing things they'll buy, they pay, they leave, another customers come in.....

 

But this one customer that came in caught my eye.

 

It was that boy from the steamed bun store near my home.

 

We made eye contact and he noticed me, "OH?! you're from the other night! oh,,so you work here??" 

"Ah yes. I do." I replied with those 4 words.

 

"Oh, Minseok-hyung!!!" I heard our manager, Suho.

"Oh, Suho?? Yah! Nice to see you here!" the boy said.

So the boy's name was "Minseok".

 

"How are you? I heard your dad opened up your little baozi store in this neighborhood??" Suho asked.

"Uh-huh~ We just opened recently. You should come by some time, Suho." Minseok replied while he patted Suho's shoulder.

"Of course I will! Hey, you should invite "the" guys soon too!" *("the" guys that Suho meant are the remaining EXO boys. haha ^^)

"haha I will, I will" 

 

I stared at the two of them while they were having that happy conversation back there. But majority of my stares are pointed out to Minseok. The more that I see him, the more that I want to talk to him. But I didn't know how. Like I said, I was not that into social life with others. But somehow, I just thought, I needed to talk to him.

And speak of the devil, Minseok is on his way to the cashier on my side. GAHH HE'S HERE.

"Here, punch them in~" he said. 

"Ah, yes." I simply replied.

For some reason I find this a little awkward...anyway...

I punched his items in the scanner and he paid for his items.

 

"Umm...hey." he called me.

"Y-yes?" I stuttere for a bit. WHUT WHY DID I EVEN STUTTER

"Will you be dropping by our store later? I mean, I really look forward of you visiting again." He said. I kinda noticed his white chubby cheeks turn to a slight pink change.

"Uh...yeah? Since I like the steamed buns you made and stuff...-" I replied.

"jjinja?! haha~ OH YEAH~ haha I'm looking forward to later!~~~ OH! and by the way, my name is Kim Minseok. Hahaha i'm so sorry for suddenly talking to you informally like this I don't even know your name." he said.

I stared at him again, in curiosity of where he gets all that energy in his life to talk so happily like that.

"Uhh...my name is Lee Seryeong." I simply said.

"Ah...Lee Seryeong. hihi~ that's cute :""D" he proudly said and his cheeks getting rounder. actually I find his cheeks cute. 

MY. NAME. IS. CUTE. umm. Well, that's something new. 

"Ah yeah...thanks." I said. Still with a stone face.

"So...I'll see you later, Se Ryeong-ssi?" he said with this bright smile in his face.

"hmm..yeah." 

And with that he went his way out the convenient store. Then I suddenly felt two prescences in my back...SUHO AND SUMI.

"SOOOOO. What's up with you and Minseok?" they both asked with this kind of creepy face. Totally in sync.

I stared at them weirdly. 

"Umm...I just met him yesterday in his store. Umm..will you guys stop doing those creepy stares at me??" I pointed at them.

"hoho~ looks like our baby girl is having herself an admirer~~~~" They both teased me.

"I. AM. NOT. and besides I just came to eat baozi's there." I gave them one of my coldest look.

And with that they still continued to tease me but I still keep my cool with my stone face on. 

 

 

Min seok's POV

*Whistling* "HEHE~ So her name's Lee Se Ryeong~ I am gonna see her again later~ WIEEEEE I better make the best baozi's!~" I thought. I quickly dressed up inside our store and started making my famous baozi's :-)) As usual, I make my steamed buns with love and care so that it'll taste lively and delicious. Though I'm still puzzled as to why she doens't show any emotions at all...I want to know why. Is she mad at me or something? But nevertheless, she's coming over~~~ I'm so excitedddddddd~~~~ 

"Dad, she's coming over today  :"">" I said, while giggling in happiness.

"Who?" My dad asked.

"Se Ryeong-ie~ the girl from the other day.~" I answered.

"Oh~ That girl~ See, I told you. She'll come back since she likes your steamed buns." dad said while reading the newspapers.

"hehe yeah~~~~~" 

I wonder when she'll get in here....*so excited*

 

Se Ryeong's POV

It was 5:30PM and it's time for our employee shift. I got my things ready and I headed out the convenient store with Sumi, bidding our goodbye's to Suho. 

"We'll be going!" we said to Suho.

"Ok~ You guys be careful on your way home~" he said to us.

"Hey, Se Ryeong-ah, mianhe I won't be able to walk home with you today, something came up with my friend in Yeouido so I have to go there now~~~ Mianheeeee" she said while apologizing a couple of times.

"Geez, it's okay, you know? Don't have to apologize a dozen times. Go on ahead then. Be careful on your way then." I waved her goodbye.

"Okay~~ You be careful on your way home too~~ See you tomorrow too~ Bye, Se Ryeong~~" 

Then we parted ways.

 

I walked straight ahead then I see the vision of Minseok's steamed bun store. I was actually hesitating whether I should go inside or not. But then, I promised Minseok that I'll be dropping by to eat some of his delicious baozi's so I went there, anyway. 

 

"Welcome!- Oh? Lee Se Ryeong?" the store ahjussi said 

"Oh? You know my name?" I asked, puzzled.

"hehe yeah. Minseok told me about you and you're dropping by here." he answered.

"Ah..I see.." I said.

 

Then I hear footsteps which sounded familiar.

 

"Oh? Se Ryeong-ssi! :D" Minseok greeted me with a huge smile on his face.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Minseok-ssi." I greeted him back.

"Good thing you're here now! Come on sit down~" he guided me to a table and led me in a chair.

"I just finished making my signature steamed buns." he said.

"Ah? geureh? well, I'd love to have some now." I said, looking all curious.

 

He then, handed me a tray with a set of familiar looking baozi's 

I tried one and DAMN, I never get tired of this familiar and delicious taste melting in my mouth.

"As expected, Minseok-ssi's buns are the best." I said while I was eating, still with a stone face. But somehow deep inside me, maybe, a little. a little bit of happiness formed inside me. And without realizing, I just keep on muching on the steamed buns.

 

Minseok's POV

Ah, she looks so cute while eating~~~~~~~~~ *blush* OMG KIM MINSEOK Don't blush in front of her.......!!! >.<

"As expected, Minseok-ssi's buns are the best." she said.

"AHAHA!!! I know, right?" haha I proudly replied.

 

THEN THERE WAS A BIT SILENCE FOR A FEW MOMENTS...*AWKWARD*

 

But I decided to break this silence and I said to her, "Umm. Se Ryeong-ssi. Are you...mad at me...or something??" I asked while my face turned a little sad.

"Umm...Excuse me?? Mad at you??" she said, while looking a bit surprised.

"No. I am not." She added.

"Umm...then can I ask why you have that kind of emotionless expression??" I straightforwardly asked her. then i realized. OMG WHUT DID I JUST ASK HER...I can see that her expression turned darker.

OMG KIM MINSEOK YOU ARE SO DEAD. WHYYYY

"Umm...ah...Never mind that...Sorry..." I quickly apologized.

"Ah, don't be. It's me who should be sorry. I always get people to misunderstand that I'm mad at them or something. Umm..you see, this kind of expression for me is normal...I don't mind people misunderstanding..." she simply said.

 

At that time, I saw her eyes which were filled with a tint of sadness which was visible in her eyes. I wanted to hold her hands at that time but I'm too shy.......*blush again*

OH KIM MINSEOK. you are officially IN-LOVE with her.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAHHHHHHHHH ANOTHER CHAPTER UPDATE GUYYSSSSSSSS I AM SOOOOOO SORRYYYYYY IF YOU FIND THIS SOOOO BORING HAHA ANYWAY, YOUR COMMENTS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!! I would like to see your comments and tell me about my story~~~~~ I wish to improve my story writing~~ Thanks! :D

 

I KNOW THIS IS A LITTLE LATE, BUT I WANNA SAY BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EXO'S IEST DRAGON, WU YIFAN~~~ KRIS BELATED HBD~!!!!!! Oh~ and belated happy birtday to Kris' son, Ace. Belated happy birthday you lucky alpaca.  ASDFGHJKLJHGFDFGHJKL >.<

 

MY EXO-K BABIESSSSSSSSSSS TT^TT <3 :)) WHY SO PERFECT???? *DIES*