Chapter 3.

Can I Love You?

Se Ryeong's POV

 

It's already been a few days and I am always, yes, always visiting Minseok's store from our neighborhood. And as usual, I always eat the delicious buns that Minseok makes. But today's an exemption. Today's my parents' death anniversary. I may be a little girl back then but I clearly remember the date of my parents' death. So clear that it left a big scar in my life. 

 

"Sumi-ah, I'll leave first, okay? I still have to arrange things at my parents' grave." I said.

"Oh, okay. Be careful on your way there and uhh..if you need someone to talk to...just call me, alright? I'll be there. :)" Sumi said. At that moment I can see the truthfulness and sincerity in her eyes. 

"I will." I replied, looking at least comfortable at her words.

 

I noticed our manager, Suho wasn't at the convenient store, "He must've gone somewhere.." I thought. Then I made my way. I rode the bus on the way to my parents' grave. I also brought with me flowers. Not just any flowers but I brought my parents' favorite, Carnation.

 

*FLASHBACK (Se Ryeong - 4 years of age)*

"Umma!! What's that?? It looks so pretty!!!" I said.

"This is called Carnation, darling." Mom said as she was arranging the beautiful flowers.

"It looks just like you, Se Ryeong!!~~ :D" Dad said as he playfully carried and tickled me.

"hihihihihi~~~ daaaaaaaad!! It...It..TICKLES!!!!~~ XD" I said while giggling so hard.

"Darling, stop that. Se Ryeong will die laughing.." Mom butted in, jokingly. 

This was such a happy scene. So peaceful and precious.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

I was staring at the Carnation flowers that I bought. Unknowingly, tears started to flow from my eyes. That was the happiest moment I've ever had in my entire life.

After an hour, I finally reached my destination. I got off the bus and I started walking, It was a little chilly while I walked until I reached their place of burial. To be honest, I liked the peaceful surroundings in this place. I started to arrange things like putting food offerings in front of their grave as a sign of respect. I, then, bowed respectfully and did the traditional ritual thingy..


After that, I sat down quietly and started to talk to them.

 

"Umma, appa." I said.

"It has been years, I miss you guys a lot. Are you watching me from above? I brought your favorite flower, Carnation."

As I was handling the bouquet of Carnation in front of their grave, my tears started falling again, this time, very hard.

"Umma, appa. You shouldn't have done that. I...should've been...with...you." I said as my words became rough and my tears were falling more.

 

I was used to this yet today felt different. It was more painful and somehow much more lonely than the past years. Then I had the realization that they are "really" not here anymore. It hurt me more. Back then I never used to think about this but now that I think about it, I felt like dying, it suffocated me. Fairy tales were never meant for me. I only had pain and suffering most of my life.

I remembered crying for at least a couple of hours. As I have finally calmed myself down, I looked at my watch and it read "3:45PM", I had to go back to Seoul. I stood up, cleaned my parents' grave and bid my farewells to them. I looked at their grave for a few moments and then I made my way to the bus station. I had to ride for 2 hours.

When I finally reached Seoul, I thought about going for a drink before going home. I knew I wasn't feeling good. I always drink soju whenever I'm feeling under the weather.

 

I went to the soju tent that I used to go to and I was ready for some drinks.

 

"Ahjumma! One soju here, please!" I ordered.

"Yes, coming right up."

 

I drank, drank, and drank until I have consumed 5 bottles of soju. I WAS DAMN DRUNK. But I didn't care. I had to swipe away this feeling. Even though this is one stupid thing to do, I just had to forget this pain, even for just this night.

 

Minseok's POV

 

I looked at the clock...and it reads "9:00PM". It's almost time for the store to close. I, then stared outside the window sighing, "So...Se Ryeong didn't come today..." I whispered.

"Yah what are you doing? We have to close now~ start cleaning up!" my dad shouted.

"Geez..Okay..Okay.." I simply replied and I started cleaning up. 

I was actually expecting her to come. But she didn't. I don't know why, but somehow I feel quite sad without her hanging around here. I never mind her stone face. Deep down inside, I know she's kind. Well, she is. *BLUSH* OH HERE I AM AGAIN, BLUSHING JUST IN THE THOUGHT OF SE RYEONG...anyway.....

Dad and I finished wrapping things up at the store and we finally called it a day. Dad went home first. I had to do some checking inside the store then I headed out. 

As I locked the store gates, I saw a VERY FAMILIAR face sitting on the store's bench, sleeping. I went closer to this person, and to my surprise, it was Lee Se Ryeong.

 

"Oh?! Se Ryeong-ssi?!" I screamed a bit.

But Se Ryeong didn't even move an inch. I was a little worried. I scooted a little closer until I found myself sitting on the bench too.

"Hey, Se Ryeong-ssi, Se Ryeong-ssi?" I tapped her but she didn't response. She was sleeping.

But I smelled something different from her today...OMG she smells like alcohol. Was she drinking???

"Yah! Se Ryeong-ah!! Wake Up!!" I tapped more until she opened her eyes a little.

"Oh...? Mi-Minseok-ssi??" she said, looking obviously drunk.

"Yah, how much did you drink for you to be like this??" I asked.

"ohh...I'm sorry for disturbing you like this...I ah...umm...." until she passed out again.

I quickly took her body in my arms for support.

"Ya-yah-h yahh...S-S-Se Ryeong-ssi...?" I said while blushing so hard. OMG she's in my arms. WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO?

I was literally panicking. I only know she's from this neighborhood but I don't know where she lives and I OBVIOUSLY CAN'T LEAVE HER HERE, ALONE. So I decided to re-open the store gates, I carried her bridal style and quickly went upstairs, there was a recliner and I quickly put her down there. I grabbed some extra blanket and spread it out on her to prevent being cold. As I spread the blankets...I noticed her beautiful, soft lips and I brushed her bangs aside so she wouldn't be much distracted from her sleep. Then I started to caress her soft face and I thought, "She is really pretty, very pretty." REALIZATION SUDDENLY STRUCK ME. I WAS BLUSHING DAMN HARD. I SUDDENLY FELT HOT. OMG KIM MINSEOK, CALM YOURSELF BEFORE YOU MIGHT DO ANYTHING TO HER. CALM DOWN.............

When I finally calmed myself down, I decided to take the night here in the store too, because I obviously didn't want to leave the woman I love alone inside the store. Then I finally took out another extra blanket and went to the sofa next to the recliner and went to dreamland. zZzZzZ...

 

Se Ryeong's POV

 

What is this? I feel like floating. NO wait. I feel like I'm being carried to somewhere. 

Just a few moments ago, I can feel someone tapping my shoulder and calling my name. That was a familiar voice, though.

But...

I didn't resist. No, I felt nice. This "someone" who carried me felt very warm and comfortable. So warm. 

This is the first time I felt so comfortable again in my life. And for a long time, tonight was different. I didn't have those nightmares. 

What?

Did the alcohol actually gave effect? Should I drink soju everyday to feel comfortable?

Or...

Was it this comfortable person that carried me who wiped away my sufferings tonight?

It has been so long since I slept as soundly as this....

 

For some random reason, 

deep inside me, 

I wondered if it was Minseok who carried me.

 

That thought suddenly went in mind.

 

I wish it was Minseok....Kim Minseok...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER UPDATEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~~~ Guys, how's my storyyyy????? I AM SO REALLY SORRY IF THIS IS BORINGGGGGG I'M TRYING MY BEST TO GIVE THE READERS A GOOD CHAPPIE~~~ anyway,,,,I think I'm gonna write the next chapter soooooon since it's the weekends and we still don't have any major homeworks to do soooooooooo. yeah~ anyway I would love it if you would comment on my work~~~~ Thanks!!! :D

 

 

And I suddenly noticed.............3 SUBBIES. OMGGGGGGGGGG I'm sorry if this seems stupid but I;m HAPPEEEEEEEEHHHHHH :-DDDDDDDD THANK YOUUUUUUUU!!!! :D <3

 

HERE's OUR BEAUTIFUL BAOZIIIIIIIIII <3 

 

*DIES* OMG KIM MINSEOK. XIUMIN. MY FEELS.