Chapter 5.

Can I Love You?

Hi guys! I'd really appreciate it if you give me comments or suggestions (if I can improve my story or so..) :D Thanks~ I DO NOT ALLOW SILENT READERS HERE....hehe i was just joking~ :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minseok's POV

 

"MI-MINSEOK-SSI? Why are you here???" I heard Se Ryeong's words as I put a halt on pulling the hem of her shirt. And

I shockingly looked at her also-shocked face.

 

"AH-OH-EH-....SE RYEONG-ssi!!! OMG This isn't what you're think...w-w-ait...wait le--lemme ex-explai--nn" I nervously back away from her, and I see her covering herself with her blanket. 

 

GOD, KIM MINSEOK. YOU ARE SO DONE. 

 

"Calm down, Minseok-ssi. I can't understand you. Could you please explain why you are here and how were you able to get inside my house?" she demanded an answer from me.

"I went to the convenient store today to buy some things for dad and I heard that you were sick..." I carefully explained to her. "...And I wanted to visit you, myself...so...I asked Sumi if I could have your address, Oh! and your front door wasn't locked...and she asked me a favor. And I'm just returning it to her. By taking care of you." I added, this time the nervousness in my tone was replaced with care and worry.

"...Ah...I see.....Umm...I'm sorry for being so abrupt...I didn't know why you were here and I was shocked...so sorry..." she bowed a little bit to me.

"OH NO PLEASE DON'T APOLOGIZE! I am partly at fault too....for barging in your house like this...." I said while, again. BLUSHING. I quickly calmed myself down and remembered that I should be tending for Se Ryeong.

"By the way, you need to change your clothes right now or your fever will worsen." I said and handed her pajamas.

"Let me cook you some porridge while you change..okay?" I said while looking away from her gaze. afraid that I might not be able to contain my feels from her beautiful presence.

 

Se Ryeong's POV

"Let me cook you some porridge while you change..okay?" he said while looking away from me. 

"A-arasso..." I replied weakly.

 

I went to the bathroom to change my clothes, as I shut the door, I lean my back on it and for some reason.....

 

my heart beats abnormally fast.

 

"Why are you beating so fast? Why am I feeling hotter? Why..."  I mumbled to myself.

 

But seriously. 

 

It feels weird. 

 

A stranger's at my house. 

I was at the verge of being undressed by this stranger.

I was so flustered. I want to jump out and hit this stranger.

But. 

 

He's Minseok. Kim Minseok. 

Somehow, the frustration and anger inside me went away. Almost as if I wasn't angry at all.

I know I should be angry and stuff about this situation but I can't help but soften....

 

Soften myself at Minseok's gaze. his words. his voice. 

 

 

His touch. 

 

All those thoughts crept its way in my mind while I was changing my clothes. I look at the mirror and I see my own reflection, my oh-so-sick-pale face...TURNING ROSY RED.

 

I was blushing like mad. And I don't know why. I unconsciously find myself palming both of my rosy cheeks and my heart was once again beating in adrenaline rush. 

"...Must be because of my high fever..." I tried to reason out, mumbling.

 

I went out the bathroom and I find Minseok cooking something. I went to the kitchen and thought of helping him.

"Minseok-ssi. Let me help you..." I weakly said.

 

 

Minseok's POV

"Minseok-ssi. Let me help you..." I heard the faint sounds of Se Ryeong.

"Oh? Se Ryeong-ssi...NO. You should stay in bed. You're too weak to move around right now." I said.

"But..." she stubbornly replied.

"Ok now, let me bring you back to bed. I will wake you up when I finish cooking your porridge, okay?" I said as I flash her a smile and carry her bridal style.

"OH?! Minseok-ssi!!! Umm it's okay I can walk by myself..omo eottokke.." she said. AND I SWEAR I SAW HER POUT A LITTLE. 

 

OMG HOW CUTE. :"3

 

As I lay her down gently on the bed, I cover her body with blanket, putting the icebag on her forehead and told her, "I'll be back with your food later, okay? So rest for a while." 

"Okay then." she simply replied. 

 

I waited for her to sleep and when I notice her finally in a deep sleep I make my way again at the kitchen. Before I go out of her room, I took a quick glance at her angelic sleeping face. And I smile by myself. 

 

It feels weird. I feel like her husband. It feels great knowing she's safe in my care.

 

After some minutes, I finally finish cooking the porridge. I went upstairs to feed Se Ryeong. I was surprised to see when she's awake.

 

"Oh? Se Ryeong-ssi? You're awake." I said as I place the porridge carefully on the table.

"Neh, I heard some footsteps and I thought it was you." she said, still looking weakly. 

 

I helped her sit up and the next few minutes came by as I was feeding her with the porridge. 

 

"Minseok-ssi...Thank you so much...I don't know what to say...this is....this is the first time a person has ever tend to me like this...Because I was so used to be so alone most of the times and now, I can't believe I'm with someone right now...thank you so much." she said.

"There's no need to thank me so much you know...I am happy just by doing this. Do you know, that I also hurt when I se you in pain?" I truthfully said.
 

 

Se Ryeong's POV

 

"...Do you know  that I also hurt when I see you in pain...?" I heard him say in a sincere tone. But what did mean by that?

 

Mom...Dad...I...I am so...thankful. 

I just want to thank the both of you. I don't know but, I get the feeling that Minseok's an angel sent for me.

and you both sent him to me...

 

When Minseok smiles, when he pouts, when he does cute stuff. I can sense happiness in those even in the littlest way possible...I...I am envious of him. I also want to...smile like that. I want to smile again. I want to be happy again. I want to release the painful  lock that's been holding me back from being happy. Yes, I want to be happy again. I don't want to be scared anymore...

 

Unconsciously knowing, tears started to fall in my eyes.

 

Minseok notices this and quickly holds my hand tightly and cups my cheeks. "What's wrong?? Se Ryeong-ah?"

"Nothing...I'm just...so...so...happy...right now..." I said while I was inaudibly snobbing.

"But why are you crying when you are happy? Shouldn't you be smiling?" He comforted me and gave me a smile.

"I just...I...these overflowing emotions...I cannot...contain all these feelings...I am so happy that these tears are not sad tears but happy ones...I want to release myself from being caged in a bottomless pit of pain and sadness...I want to overcome and move on with a meaningful and a happy life that I want..." I said as more tears came down.

"Shhh...I understand how you feel...I can feel your happiness right now. But crying honestly doesn't suit you, you know?" He said as he tightly secure me in his arms.

 

It feels warm. 

I don't want to let go.

His arms feel like dad's...

and his words sound like mom's....

Mom...Dad...He's just like the both of you.

 

I respond back to his hug by hugging him back. We both stayed like this for quite a while. Until he pulled away.

 

"I'm so happy right now. I'm happy Se Ryeong-ah...You were finally able to convey and overcome your fears..." he said as he cup my cheeks and wipe away my tears using his thumb.

"Now, you have to rest again. Crying does increase stress, you know?" He playfully said, still cupping my cheeks.

 

He lay me down the bed ever so carefully and tucked me in the blankets. As he was about to go out of my room, I quickly tugged on the hem of his shirt.

 

"Minseok-ssi, thank you, really." I flashed him a very sincere and thankful smile.


Minseok looked at me and I could see his cheeks turn into a light pink color.

He slowly went down to my face.

 

Our faces were only inches apart. 

 

There goes again my heart. On its adrenaline rush again.  I can't explain this. I don't know if this is excitement or what....

 

"You're welcome, Se Ryeong....sleep tight... He whispers in my ear which sent shivers down my spine and once again, I could feel butterflies swimming in my stomach.

 

He then, caressed my face which were still, only inches apart,

 

He smiled at me...

 

and sweetly kissed my forehead. 

 

That kiss was so intoxicating. It was like a drug. I can't explain this feeling. I can't even back away from this situation...It's like I'm under his spell. 

A spell that kissed away a big part of my fears and anxiety...

 

Definitely a spell I wouldn't want to recover from.

 

The next thing I remember is that I'm off to dreamland again. But this time, the dreamland I'm on was colorful and full of life.

 

 

Minseok's POV

 

I gently kissed her forehead and the next thing I know is she's sleeping so soundly and peacefully. I could see a smile plastered on her face as she's sleeping. 

 

This cute thing. Aigoo. :"3

 

Se Ryeong-ssi. There's no turning back for me anymore.

 

Yes, you are the one. 

 

I love you. I want to be the man who will make you happy. To be the one to wipe away all your tears. And to be the man who will spend eternity with you.

 

"...I love you...Se Ryeong." I whispered to her as she slept so soundly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY ANOTHER UPDATE~~~~ *sighs* I actually just finished my homeworks 2 hours ago and I wanted to update soooo much so here it is~! :D <3 

 

AND FINALLY!!! SE RYEONG IS FINALLY STARTING TO RESPOND TO MINSEOKKIE'S LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE FOR HER KYAAA SORRY LET ME FANGIRL 

 

But guys, sorry if you find this chapter boring hihi I'm kind of sleepy so...hehe...anyway~ to my subbies thank you! and don't forget to drop your comments below~! :D <3 SARANGHAEYOOOOOOOW <3