Chapter 4.

Can I Love You?

FINALLLLLLLLLLLY.  AN UPDATE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR NOT UPDATING SO SOON THIS PAST FEW MONTH HAS BEEN VERY CRAZY FOR ME ALL THE SCHOOLWORKS. QUIZZES. ACTIVITIES AND OTHER SCHOOL STUFFS. SOOOOO MAD. AND I WAS AWAY DURING CHRISTMAS TT^TT GAHHHH. Well, anyway here's an update! Please subscribe and continue comment on my work~~ Thanks :"D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Se Ryeong's POV

 

Ah, I feel tired...

My head feels weird..

Although, I slept pretty well last night...

 

 

I slowly opened my eyes and I stared at the ceiling...My eyes widened because this is defnitely not my room's ceiling. I jumped out of the recliner and looked around at the unfamiliar room in front of my eyes.

 

"Umm, is there anyone?" I called out.

 

Then I noticed a man.

Lying on the sofa which was actually next to the recliner I slept on. SERIOUSLY, LEE SE RYEONG, HOW COME YOU ONLY SAW THAT NOW? 

 

I stared at the man and to my surprise, it was him.

 

"Minseok-ssi??" I tapped him lightly.

 

I noticed his pair of eyes slowly opening and I was shocked.

 

"Oh, Se Ryeong-ssi...I see you're awake.." he yawned.

"Erm..yeah..umm..Minseok-ssi, how exactly did I get here??" I asked, embarassed.

"Uhh..don't you remember anything from yesterday?" he said.

 

My eyes widened (O__O) from shock. WHAT DID I DO? OMG. Then, I had this sudden flashback of yesterday night.

 

So he was the one who carried me yesterday...

 

"Umm, Minseok-ssi...I'm really sorry for troubling you like this...I'm really sorry." I apologized while bowing 90-degrees.

"Oh no! It's fine! It's actually better that I found you in front of our store..Who knows what could've happened if you're found by someone else you don't know..." He explained.

"I guess you have a point there..." I replied. "Uhh...Minseok-ssi, I've gotta get going, I'm sorry again for all of this.." I added.

 

As I was about to pick up my coat, he quickly jumped out of the sofa and grabbed a fistful of my hands.

 

"I'm not letting you go, just yet." He sternly said.

"...Have some hangover soup for awhile, I wouldn't want you to leave without eating anything. And! Stop apologizing~~ I'm really happy you were here." He happily said with a smile and his noticeable blush on his cheeks.

 

Just what did he meant by  "I'm really happy you were here."?

 

 

Minseok's POV

 

"And! Stop apologizing! I'm really happy you were here." I said.

Then I realized that I was blushing hard. I suddenly let go of her hand.

"C-c-come downstairs, I will make s-some hangover soup f-for y-y-you.." I awkwardly said while avoiding eye contact with her.

 

We went downstairs and I led her to a table and arranged a chair for her.

 

"Just wait awhile, while I cook some soup for you, ok?"

"Ok. Er- and Minseok-ssi, Thanks.." she calmly said to me.

"Uh, no it's fine, really..." I calmly said too while I feel like blushing again. I quickly went to the kitchen because I don't her to see me like this.

 

When I got to the kitchen, I thought, "KIM MINSEOK, CALM YOUR HORSES. SHE MIGHT THINK YOU'RE SOME BLUSHING PSYCHOPATH..."

 

I started to cook the hangover soup for her and I keep stealing glances from Se Ryeong as I cook. 

 

"She's really pretty..She's so gentle and kind...though, it would be really nice to see her smile once.."  I said to myself.

 

I finished making the soup and I made my way to serve it.

 

"Se Ryeong-ssi~~" I called up to her.

She looked at me with her pair of beautiful eyes.

"Here's your soup. Go on, have some while it's still warm. :)" 

"Thanks Minseok-ssi...then, I'll enjoy the meal." She said as she started to eat the food.

 

I lovingly gazed at her while she drinks the hangover soup I made for her.

 

She suddenly stopped for a moment and stared back at me, "Umm...is there something on my face?"

 

I realized what I just did and said, while stuttering, "Umm-er-no..." Then I can feel my cheeks heating up in red again. HOGOD SHE'S REALLY GONNA THINK I'M SOME BLUSHING MANIAC. I gotta stop.

 

 

Se Ryeong's POV

I finished drinking the hangover soup and I realized I had to get going for work.

 

"Minseok-ssi, thank you very much for the hangover soup it's really thoughtful of you...Uuhh you see, I really have to get going for work now so..." I said.

"It's okay..Umm you want me to drop you by the convenient store??" he offered.

"Oh no, it's fine..Besides it'll be opening hours for your restaurant soon, right?" I nicely declined.

"Oh right...you sure you'll be fine alone??" he reassured to me, somehow, suddenly, I sense a bit of disappointment in his voice.

"Yes, I'll get going then."

"Okay, be careful on your way. :)" 

 


I still don't understand why Minseok has to be that "overprotective(?)" of me. And it's broad daylight. Anyway, it's actually nice to have someone concerned about you so I guess, I don't mind at all, in fact I kinda enjoy this treatment he's been giving me.

 

WAIT. WHAT. 

 

I made my way back to my house for a little bit to change my clothes. As I finished changing to a loose, V-neck white shirt and denim shorts,

 

 

I made my way outside for work. As I was walking, I felt different, I was feeling a little cold and I was feeling a little cold and I was starting to feel a bit dizzy. But, I didn't mind. I had to go to work since I already missed a lot of things to do in the convenient store.

 

I arrived at the store where Sumi met and greeted me.

 

"Se Ryeong-ah!! Good morning!! I missed you so much!! X"D" she said while practically jumping on my arms.

"Oh I'm fine, thanks...I'm sorry I left work so early yesterday...You must've been extra busy yesterday.." I said.

"Oh no, it's alright, besides I understand so it's really fine...anyway, how about YOU? Importantly, Are you alright?" She asked me.

"I'm fine. Thanks." I simply replied.

She then held my hands and said, "Actually, yesterday, I was worried about you... I knew that yesterday was a burdening day for you...Se Ryeong-ah, I'm always here for you. I don't want seeing you so sad and lonely." 

"...I know and I've been meaning to tell you this...Thank you. Thank you for everything. Thank you for being by my side during the hard times.  And thank you for being the best friend I could ever have." I shlyly replied.

 

Then Sumi hugged me so tightly in her arms. And for the first time, I hugged her back. And also for the first time, I was able to flash a little smile in my face.

 

"But Se Ryeong-ah, are you REALLY fine? You look pale to me right now..." She said with a worried look on her face. 

"I am fine. Don't worry." I assured her, smiling a little bit.

 

*OMO~~~ she smileeeeed :"D* Sumi thought and while smiling she said "Okay then."

 

Then we started to work in the store.

 

 

After what it seemed like hours, the dizzyness in my head became worse, everything seems so blurry and unclear in my vision. Then I started having cold sweat.

 

Our manager, Suho-oppa, noticed me limpering in this state and was a little shocked.

 

"Se Ryeong-ah, are you alright??" He asked me while assissting me by holding my back properly.

"Y-y-yes...I'm fine..." I replied, weakly.

"OMO SE RYEONG-AH??? OMG I knew it...Why didn't you tell me you were THIS sick???" Sumi worriedly asked me.

". . . . ." I was unable to speak when Suho-oppa finally said something.

"Se Ryeong, I think you should go home for now. Working will only stress you more and worsen your condition." Suho-oppa seriously said.

"That's right, Se Ryeong. You should rest at home. Come on, I will walk you home." Sumi suggested too.

"But...Will you two be fine?? I mean, I already missed work yesterday...I don't want to put a burden on you guys.." I said while my eyes were practically dying. 

"It's alright. We can manage things here just fine. More importantly you have to rest so you can work properly." Suho said while patting my head.

"He's right, Se Ryeong-ah. Now let me help you change your clothes and let's get you home." Sumi added.

"Umm...Manager oppa,  Sumi-ssi, Thank you guys so much." I said to them, bowing.

 

Then Sumi helped me change my clothes and she walked me home.

 

"Okay, now you have to take care of yourself. I will call you from time to time to check on you. And if you feel something different, just call me or our manager oppa, okay? And don't forget to drink your medicine!" She nagged to me, like a worried mom. 

"Okay..Okay..I will. Thanks for walking me home." I said, weakly.

 

Then she made her way back. I was so weak that I can absolutely feel nothing. I went inside my house and without taking off my coat, I quickly went to bed, covered my body with blanket and tried to sleep over this ongoing fever inside me.

 

Mom...Dad...I miss you so much...help me...

 

 

Minseok's POV

"Son, would you go buy some ingredients at the convenient store?" My dad passed me a list of what to buy.

"Yeah, sure. =D" I happily said as I will be able to see Se Ryeong.

 

I went my way out of the restaurant and I quickly went to the convenient store, feeling excited.

 

"Welcome!--Oh~ hi Minseok-oppa~" Sumi greeted.

"Hi~~" I greeted back.

 

I was looking around and noticed Se Ryeong wasn't around. I felt disappointed.

 

"Hyung, if you're looking for Se Ryeong, she went home early today." Suho said to me.

"She's very sick and has a fever..huhu my friend huhu I wish I could look after her if only I wasn't working.." Sumi sadly said.

"I hope she'll be fine..." I sadly and worriedly said.

 

"That'll be 10,000 won." Sumi said as she accepts my payment.

"Here~" I handed her my 10,000 won bill.

"Umm.....Sumi-ssi...do you know where Se Ryeong lives?" I asked. Desperately.

"Why? Do you want to go and visit her? She--OH WAIT. I've got an idea! Why don't you really go over her house and cook her something! You can cook right? Please Minseok-oppa, I want to go to her house right now but work is not permitting me to...I'm counting on you, okay? Here's her address, it's just near here." she pleaded and gave me a slip of paper containing Se Ryeong's address.

"woah~ that was fast haha, Thanks~" I said. 

"Oh! wait, here's some meat and rice for her porridge. I bought them earlier while I was on my way back here to work." she then handed me a plastic of ingredients.

"Okay! Thanks~ I'll be on my way now =)" I happily replied.

"Okay~ Oh and call me if something's wrong with her okay~" Sumi said.

 

I hurriedly went on my way to Se Ryeong's house with the help of the piece of paper Sumi gave me. Before I actually go there I made a quick stop over at our restaurant. 

 

"Dad, I'm going out for a while! I'm gonna leave the ingredients here, okay?" I said while I made my way to the door.

"Huh? Where are you going? Aish..this kid, really..." Dad said as I was already out.

 

"Now, let me see..........here!" I said as I saw the address number of Se Ryeong.

*I hope she's fine.......why am i nervous...* 

 

*knock knock* "Se Ryeong-ssi!" I called but there's no answer.

"Se Ryeong-ssi! this is Minseok!" I called again but there's still no answer.

I was starting to feel worried and nervous. I tried to open the door knob and to my surprise, it's unlocked.  I made my way inside. Her house was simple. Not much but it feels cozy around here. I searched for her bedroom and finally saw her, lying on the bed, very pale, almost lifeless and....she's sweating very hard. I quickly went to her. I touched her forehead and she was very hot. 

*Aigoo....she has a very high fever....And worse, she haven't taken off her coat...she needs to change clothes...comfy clothes...* I thought. 

 

BUT HOW AM I GONNA TAKE OFF HER CLOTHES? SHOULD I ASK ONE OF HER NEIGHBORS FOR HELP? OMG. SHOULD I CALL SUMI? NO. WAIT I CANNOT DISTURB OTHERS...OMG WHAT SHOULD I DO.........Well, she's asleep anyway....right? It won't harm, right? I WON'T LOOK.......

 

I PROMISE. I, KIM MINSEOK WON'T TAKE EVEN A LITTLE PEEK FROM HER...body...

 

I scanned through her cabinet and found her pajamas. I quickly went over to her sleeping body, carefully, take off the blanket then to her thick coat...and. 

 

OMG I CAN'T. 

 

I carefully pulled up the hem of her shirt while closing my eyes 1000000% shut. 

 

Se Ryeong's POV

 

I FEEL SO SICK. I WANT TO STAND. BUT I CAN'T MOVE. I CAN HEAR SOME KNOCKS ON MY DOOR...OR IS IT JUST MY IMAGINATIONS....

 

But...

 

now...

 

why do I feel like someone is...

 

UNDRESSING ME?............what.

 

I popped my eyes open and saw a MAN. 

 

undressing me.


To my big surprise I finally said, "EXCUSE YOU, WHY ARE YOU UNDRESSING ME?" The man was shocked, he opened his eyes, looked at me and I WAS FURTHER SURPRISED.

 

"MI-MINSEOK-SSI? Why are you here???" I looked at him, wide-eyed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

FINALLY I UPDATED! GUYS I AM REALLY SORRY IT TOOOK SO LONG I LITERALLY FLIPPED TABLES BECAUSE OF THE LOAD OF SCHOOL WORKS AND SCHOOL STUFFS SO SORRRRYYYYYYYYYYY 

 

 

I will be writing the next chappie BUT I cannot assure you if I can publish it tonight....I wanna do a double update tonight BUT SCHOOL WILL START AGAIN TOMORROW HUHUHUHUHU 

BUT I WILL TRY!!!!!!!!!! AND TO MY 6 SUBSCRIBERS THANK YOU ALOTTTTT <3 I LOVE YOU GUYS~~~~~~ Continue to comment on my work so I can improve a lot next time! THANKSSSS SARANGHAEYOOOOOOOOOOOOW <3

         

 

OH AND BY THE WAY, SEHUN's been HOTTER THESE DAYS. HOGOD. ESP DURING GAYO DAEJUN <3 <3 <3 YAHHHHHHHH asdfghjkl ;;;~;;; <3 <3 <3 <3 

 

SERIOUSLY OH SEHUN YOU ARE WAY BEYOND PERFECTION ;;;;A;;;;