Chapter 1.

Can I Love You?

Se Ryeong's POV

Pain. I was always tormented with this thing. Nightmares always strike me every night. I never felt warm, I was always in a dark and cold shadow. I felt like dying. I had no parents. They died when I was still a little girl. They were murdered. My relatives hated me. They thought I caused my parents' death. But I didn't care. I remembered what my mom used say to me, that she, along with dad, LOVED ME DEARLY. And that is no joke because they did love me. So much that they had to die so that I could live.  I wanted to die. No, I should've died that day so I can be with my parents. But they protected me because they wanted my happiness. But up to now, Even a single happiness didn't happen to me. I cursed the heavens for giving me a life like this. But somehow now, I had to survive this pain, even though it hurts, I had to live. I cannot put my parents' sacrifice for me in vain. Now, I'm used to living like this. No smile. Emotionless. Sometimes I wonder, am I still capable of loving another individual? 

 

"Se Ryeong-ah! What are you thinking?" Sumi surprised me as I was staring at space. Emotionless. Sumi was my only friend. We work in a convenient store somewhere along the neighborhood. I was surprised up until now that she's able to keep me as her friend. "Nothing much." I said still with an emotionless face. I was still rather awkward at making communications with other people even with Sumi. She knew about my life and my situation. At first, I thought she'll be somewhat thinking that I'm some weirdo or some loner but instead she cared for me. I knew that somehow maybe, my parents sent her to me so that I can be accompanied by someone in my life. 

 

 

"Let's go out! Come on, it's Saturday today~~" Sumi suggested.

"No. I prefer to stay home tonight." I rejected her offer.

"AWWWW but today's our salary day~~ It would be nice to shop COME ON ;;;A;;;" she pouted.

"NO. I want to rest, OK?" I replied.

"PWEETY PLEASE? *aegyo face*" she pleaded.

". . . . .NO." I said. 

";;;A;;; grr fine." she finally gave up.

 

It wasn't like I did not want to go and hang out with her, It's just that I'm still uncomfortable with social life and hangouts. I wasn't ready. Though I know that she understands why I always reject her offer of hanging out and I feel a little relieved because she totally understands my situation. That's enough for me. That someone actually cared for me like Sumi.

 

"Sumi-ssi, Se Ryeong-ssi" Suho said. We went to him and he handed us our monthly salaries. "Here's your monthly salaries~~" Suho said with a bright smile on his face. Suho is actually the store manager and he's very nice to the both of us. Sometimes, he would treat us to dinner or something. And he's a guy who always smiles. Somehow, I felt jealous of his bright personality. It's like he's got no problems in his life. "THANKS MANAGER!" Sumi and I thanked him. "So, what are you guys gonna do tonight??? You're gonna change shifts with another employees, right?" He asked us. "I'm gonna go shopping at Myungdong...ALONE *sarcastic* since Se Ryeong doesn't want to come with me." Sumi, still pouting. "I'm gonna rest tonight, I'm kinda tired these days..." I said. Then I noticed Sumi's "worry" look on me. "Ohh I see...Well, you should rest if you're feeling tired...too bad you don't get to enjoy hanging out the city..." Suho said while patting my shoulder. Suho then went back inside the staff room and Sumi started to talk seriously with me. "Yah, are you sure you're just tired or are you SICK???" she said, worrying. "I'm fine. I said I'm just tired. I had to do general cleaning in my house and I had to buy some few stuffs. Plus we had to work so...I'm tired. But I'm fine, don't worry." I said while looking pale. "Well if you said so. Do you want me to walk you home???" she suggested. "No, I'm fine. Besides, I don't want to bother your shopping time." I said calmly. "Ok...Just be careful on your way home, okay?" she said, still having that worried face drawn on her face. "Ok. I will." I assured her.

 

It was time for us shift with other employees and so we packed our stuffs and bid goodbyes to manager Suho and we made our way out. Sumi and I parted ways as she was headed to Myungdong and I'm going home. My house was actually just a 15-minute walk from the convenient store that I'm working at. On my way home, I noticed a new-looking store. Curiously, I went there and discovered that it was a new store that sells steamed buns and other types of buns. "Welcome miss!" an ahjussi said to me with a happy voice. "Yeh, annyeonghaseyo." I replied back. "So this is the new store that I've been hearing about?" I asked. "Well, yes. Would you like to have some baozi? Since you're here." the ahjussi asked me. "Sure. I'd like to have some." I replied.

 

"Ok then, please have a seat." the ahjussi helped me.

"Minseok-ah! Bring a set of Baozi's here!" 

"Yes, dad!" a voice said.

 

Then, someone came down from upstairs, which I assume is the kitchen. He had a tray of a set of baozi's.

 

"Here, miss. Enjoy! I'll guarantee you that it's tasty~~" he said while smiling and giving me a thumbs-up.

I took a bite on the bun and to my surprise, IT'S DAMN GOOD. I have tried some baozi's before but this was of different taste. I found it hard to describe it. It was very delicious. Like, it tasted full of life. 

"Omo, this is good." I said while making an "O" mouth. 

"hehe~~ I make great buns hahahaha~~~well, i'm relieved that you liked it." he said while laughing.

"Umm, why are you laughing?" I asked. WHUT. I actually asked why he was laughing.

"It's just that I feel happy whenever people eat the steamed buns I made. You know, to make the perfect bun, it has to be made with life and love.~" He said while smiling.

I was speechless. He was more energetic than Suho or Sumi. What's more, I can see in his eyes and face that he treasures life so much. Unlike me who was always in the dark. I stared at the bun for a while and thought that I am eating something that is made with love and full of life. For some reason when I looked back at him, I noticed his white chubby cheeks and that huge smile on his face. I felt different. I wanted to talk to him much longer. I thought then, "What is like to interact with someone who's full of life and this happy?". But I had to go. I still have to arrange things at home.

 

"Umm, thanks for this wonderful meal." I said to the ahjussi earlier. Then I handed out some cash to pay for the baozi's

"No need to pay, miss. haha~ It's on the house today, since we just opened." the nice ahjussi gave me back my money.

"Umm..but..." I stuttered.

"It's really okay! :-D My dad's nice since it's the opening of the store but when it's the regular days--" that boy from earlier was interrupted by the ahjussi.

"Aish you rascal..heh. anyway, Miss. If you have time, come visit us here again!" the ahjussi said.

"Come visit us again!! :D" the boy added.

"Umm..Okay. Thanks again *bow*" I bid them goodbyes and went my way.

 

That store was interesting. I felt like coming back there again. I wanted to talk longer to that "boy" who, honestly, looks like a baozi himself. I know I still find it difficult to communicate with others but I felt SO comfortable with that boy. He's the exact opposite of me yet, I feel so comfortable when he talked to me earlier. Then I decided. "I'll come back tomorrow, I guess..." I whispered to myself while staring at the night sky. Then I reached home.

 

Min Seok's POV

"Dad, that girl from earlier?" I asked.

"oh, wae?" dad said.

"She said my steamed buns were delicious yet she kept an emotionless face. I'm confused. @.@" I said.

"Well, maybe she's just like that. She said that it's delicious, anyway. If she comes back in our store then she likes it for real." My dad answered.

"Well..." I muttered. 

 

I was sweeping the floors but I can't keep my thoughts off that girl earlier. She was actually beautiful. The way she stared at the steamed buns I made. I can't help but feel curious instead of feeling mad. She has a pair of beautiful eyes and soft lips. YAH. KIM MINSEOK. WHAT. Now, I think I'm blushing. OMG. I'm actually blushing. 

Could this be love at first sight? 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BORING CHAPTER RIGHT???? TTTT^TTTT  It's my first time writing a fanfic soooooo i'm really sorry if you found this boring but please COMMENT DOWN THERE SO I CAN SOMEHOW IMPROVE ON THIS~ THANKS :)

 

XIUMIN GIF FOR XIUMIN-BIASED OUT THERE~~ :))