Because I'm Sorry

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

*Woohyun’s POV

 

[November 2012] *One cold day*

Her voice, it’s everywhere. Lately, when I turned the radio on, I could only hear her husky voice, singing that it had become a record in my head. First, it’s the rap song and now, the winter song. I really wanted to see her, that’s all I knew but I just couldn’t. It’s so wrong. Feeling so tangled, I grabbed my cardigan and went out of the dorm to the rooftop. It’s cold but nothing’s compared to my suffocating chest.

I didn’t know for how long that had I’d been there when I noticed the first snow falling from the midnight sky. It’s the start of winter. Carefully, I caught the snowflakes in my hands and somehow, my chest soothed a bit. The weird feelings since these past few months, no matter how hard I tried to get rid of it, it just won’t go away. Kang Jihyun. I couldn’t stop saying her name.

 

+++

 

[September 2012] *BTS of Idol Crown Prince Recording*

‘What are you doing?’ I asked her out of curiosity. This’s the first time I started an informal conversation with her during the break. Cameras were filming the other couples like Jinwoon Sunbae and Bora Noona but none to me and Soyu. I guess we’re too boring that I tried to talk to her when she’s busy with something outside, near a stone building. That way, maybe someone would come and record us. Hands on my back, I tried to peek from behind her shoulders and that’s when I realized that she’s picking something from the ground.

‘Here, take one. Sorry that you had to be partnered with a scary person like me.’ She stood up and handed me a dried maple leaf that she picked.

‘The fortune? Don’t take it seriously. You’re not scary, it me. I’m just a boring person. I’m the one who’s supposed to be sorry.’ I said and took the leaf from her hand.

‘Aniyo –‘

‘Let’s just enjoy the recording, okay?’

We ended the conversation with a smile, a meaningful one but still, no cameras. Maybe the atmosphere’s too awkward and the scene’s too boring.

 

+++

 

[November 2012] *Still one cold day*

I took out my wallet from my pocket and slipped the brown leaf out. It’s just a normal maple leaf, nothing more but somewhat, I didn’t have the heart to throw it away. Reminiscing on the Idol Crown Prince show made me smile and chuckle because being with Soyu for a whole day, that’s when I knew that she’s not like what she seemed on broadcast. Before, when I watched TV, I thought that Soyu’s just any other girl group member with quite a spiteful tongue but when I spent time with Kang Jihyun, I realized that she had a soft and fragile heart, especially when she confessed to me. Those watery eyes when I said “no”, I was just feeling guilty, was I?

 

‘Woohyun Sunbaenim?’

My hands automatically moved at the soft and faint voice behind me. After I hastily kept my wallet back into my pocket, I turned behind.

‘Why’re you here?’

‘Oh, I just want to watch the snow. You?’ I asked, feeling a bit uncomfortable since it’s only the two of us at the rooftop.

‘Me too.’ I could hear her footsteps as she’s walking nearer towards me. She’s wearing a thick pink woolen sweater while holding a huge mug. I noticed that the drink inside was still hot when she came close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter