Cold Day

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Soyu’s POV

 

+++

[December 2012] *Post Party of Melon Music Awards*

What was I thinking, waiting for him out in the cold like this? Even in this kind of chillness, my palms were all sweaty and I felt nothing but anxiety. How long has it been? Two months? Maybe to anybody, it was only a short period of time but still, I really wanted to see his face. Cold wind ruthlessly hit my arms while my mind kept wondering whether he would show up or not.

 

‘Hey…’ My breath seemed to stop for a while when I heard his voice. I didn’t dare to look to him and maintained my position on the bench. However, I noticed that he took a spot beside me and that made my heart raced. It's weird when his presence could still make me tremble even after all these months.

‘It’s cold.’ I could hear him speak after a while of awkward silence. Soon, I didn’t feel the chilly air hitting my cold arms anymore when Woohyun wrapped his blazer around me. Touched, my heart started to build up hopes for this person even though my mind really didn’t want to.

‘Thanks.’ I uttered softly and turned to face him. To my surprise, Nam Woohyun appeared so different from what I’d seen since October. He seemed to lose a lot of weight and he looked quite pale. Subconsciously, I cupped his face in worry.

‘What happened to you? Why’re you all thin like this?’

 

‘Soyu-ssi…’ He muttered weakly and held my hands on his face. For a second, I thought that he’s going to squeeze them tight and never let go but instead, he took my hands and put them down on my laps. Slowly, he let go and sighed heavily.

‘Please don't. It’s not right… You and I, it’s just not right. I thought of what you said to me when we last met. And it’s been bugging my head lately, so I hope you’re fine. I’m really sorry for everything.’ White puffs of smoke went out of his mouth when he said those words without looking to my eyes. Last met? As far as I knew, the stuffy bar was the last place that we met and it stung me when I realized that he didn’t even remember.

‘So, you want to meet me just to apologize about that matter? You’re feeling guilty?’ My lips were trembling when I asked him.

‘I guess…’

 

I let out a scoff to hide my saddened heart. How stupid I was for thinking that he’d want to see me too when he’s only feeling guilty about everything.

‘So, you’ve done this with the other girls too? You met and apologized to them like now?’

‘Soyu-ssi, I –‘

‘No, it’s okay. Don’t you know? I’m fine…! Just forget about what I’ve said before. I know I did. It’s so stupid and meaningless now. Haha…’ I exclaimed cheerfully, acting all fine when all I wanted to do was hitting this damn heartbreaker on the head. Frustrated tears started to pool in my eyes but I tried my best to not let them fall. Not in front of him, just anywhere but here.  

‘Really? You’re fine?’ He asked, sounded a little surprised.

‘Of course!' This time, I showed him my toothy grin but oddly, the pain cut me more.

‘Wow, that’s a relief!’ He also laughed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter