Restart

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Woohyun’s POV

 

‘I’m so sorry… This must’ve been Dasom’s idea…’

I heard her voice again when I closed my eyes. This’s something that I was so scared of which was yearning to hear it more. I brought my face up from my palms and looked at her. She’s sitting on the floor in front of me with a look of guilt smeared all over her flawless face. However her hair, I liked it when she let go of her golden hair like this.

‘I guess we just have to wait. No point of banging the door anymore. My hand hurts.’ I uttered carefully, afraid if she noticed how trembling my voice was.

It then, went silent for a while. Sitting on the floor while leaning against the door, I glanced around the small room. It’s as small as a size of a normal Korean home’s bedroom but with these stack of boxes around, the room got smaller and stuffier. Good thing the lights were still on or I didn’t know what I’d do.

 

‘Did Dasom push you in here too?’ I asked her, afraid if she could hear the sound of my heart that was pounding so hard at that time. Soyu seemed to wake up from her daydream at my question and spoke.

‘No… I had to find something here, something important but it turned out that it’s not here. I guess Dasom tricked me into coming into this room.’ She said and chuckled softly. Chin’s on her knees, she spoke without looking into my eyes.

‘What’s that?’

‘Something… Very special to me. No, just forget about it…’ Her smile faded and from the way she spoke to me, my instinct told me that she really hated this person in front of her.

‘We already agreed that we’re going to be friends, right? What’s up with the formalities?’ I poked her foot playfully, hoping that she won’t show me that bitter look. Somehow, I really wanted to see the bright Soyu, smiling at me and not this sour one, even though I hate it in some way.

She breathed deeply and shifted her gaze at me.

 

‘I’m tired. Stop being all nice and laugh like nothing had happened. You’re weird. You shouldn’t be talking to me after all those stupid words that I told you. Don’t joke around with me anymore. Friends? How amusing….’ She said sarcastically, bringing her legs close to her chest as if she’s allergic to my touch.

‘I wanna ask you something. Sunngyu Hyung, he told me that you cried after we had that talk back after the Melon Awards. Is it true?’

‘So what? What if it’s true? Can’t I cry?’

‘Why? I thought…’

‘My mum said that if you like somebody, quickly say it to him. It doesn’t matter if you got rejected or not because you won’t live with any regrets but now I know that she’s so wrong. Every day, I always asked myself, ‘Jihyun-ah, you’re stupid, are you?’ But don’t worry anymore, Woohyun-ssi. Keep your guilt because that’s the last time that I would cry for you.’

I couldn’t utter another words anymore at her remarks. Soyu buried her face into her knees, avoiding my gaze. I took a few steady breaths while thinking of what to say next.

Let’s end this.

 

‘Don’t you know? It hurts, over here.’  I pointed at the left side of my chest and after a while, she raised her face and looked at me. I noticed that she’s still trying to keep her stiff façade but her eyes, it told me the otherwise.

‘I don’t know why but I tried to make it okay. Reading fan letters, throwing heart signs but it didn’t work. And now, my whole body hurts when I think of you.’ I said things that I hold in my chest since these past months and finally, I thought I could finally breathe again. She seemed surprised at first and for a while, her face was scrunched in thoughts.

‘Do I look that pathetic to you now,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter