Chapter 9

My Inner Beauty (HIATUS-will be back in 4 months)

 

 

 

Author's Note: Hello! I'm back with another update (^_^)  I was pleasantly surprised to see that the number of subscribers for this story have doubled since yesterday..!! Thank you for all of the sweet comments! <3 They really brightened up my sick day today         ㅠㅠ It's getting colder here in Korea~ be careful not to catch a cold during the chilly months that are yet to come!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Park Bom's POV:

 

I dragged my feet on the ground with my shoulders slumped as I walked out of the school office. My gloomy dark aura caused several students to back away and give me scared looks as I passed them in the hallway. 

 

When I stepped outside to start walking home and saw Choi Seunghyun staring at me silently from a tree, I felt like crawling into a hole to curl up and die.

 

He knows... 

 

I could feel it. The way his eyes watched my every move as I walked towards the school's front gate. 

 

He figured out the truth...

 

I found my legs slowing to a halt in the middle of the sidewalk as I stared back at Choi Seunghyun. He was half-hidden in the shadow of the large tree behind him.

 

A voice in my mind instinctively hollered crazily to start running like the wind when the guy started to walk towards me, but for some stupid reason my body wouldn't allow me to move an inch. I was frozen on the spot.

 

This is it... I thought gravely as he came nearer and nearer. I held my breath when he finally came to a stop right in front of me.

 

Choi Seunghyun regarded me silently for a couple seconds while I stared at the floor, too scared to look at him. I must've looked so pathetic and desperate to him right then since I basically faked my name and did everything that I could to stop him from recognizing who I was. 

 

Bommie-ah...you are so stupid. You were supposed to be stronger...You aren't supposed to be scared of Choi Seunghyun and his friends anymore. You swore that you would change for the better...but look at yourself now, stupid girl!!! He isn't supposed to affect you anymore, so why did you even care about whether he recognized you or not? 

 

Why did you have to go far enough to fake your identity when you could have just been brave and faced him?

 

Choi Seunghyun interrupted my thoughts when he reached into his pocket and held something out to me. It was my name tag, with 'Park Bom' clearly displayed on the front. 

 

"You know?" The hushed words stumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them. I looked up from the name tag to meet his dark orbs that were staring directly into mine.

 

"Yeah... I know." Choi Seunghyun replied softly. My eyebrows slightly furrowed at the tone of his voice.

 

It almost sounded...gentle. Happy. As if he was glad to recognize me after all this time. 

 

Then the guy said two words that completely blew my mind and caught me off guard.

 

"I'm sorry." 

 

My eyes widened and I inwardly gasped while Choi Seunghyun looked at me, his eyes reflecting sorrow and guilt. 

 

"Wh-What did you say..?!" 

 

"I'm sorry, Bom." He repeated. "I really am. I shouldn't have done all of those things to you back in the past...and I should have apologized a long time ago. Please forgive me...I'd do anything to take it all back."

 

He bit his lip and lowered his gaze to the floor. 

 

"I was stupid...Real stupid." 

 

I stared at him, his words hitting me deeply. I had never thought to see the day when Choi Seunghyun would apologize for his actions. Holy sh*t..is this a dream? A hallucination, perhaps?

 

Then I felt pain and humiliation spreading throughout my whole being when I recalled all of the times that he and his friends teased me, when I didn't even do anything to them. They ignored my pleas for them to stop bothering me and continued to embarass me in front of all of my classmates, which totally ruined my social life. Because of them, I never had any good memories of high school.

 

Did he really think that his apology would make up for the years of humiliation that I spent? Unless Choi Seunghyun had a time machine to fix everything, a simple sorry wasn't going to do any good.

 

"You know..." I finally said after a long silence. "I always thought that when someone apologizes, you should forgive them no matter how horrible they were to you...I thought it was strange whenever a sincere apology didn't solve anything for a person who was hurt."

 

Choi Seunghyun stared at me while I began to chuckle bitterly and shook my head. 

 

"But now I think I understand what they were going through. Forgiveness doesn't come easily, Seunghyun...I think we both know that." 

 

His eyes grew full of dread when he realized what my answer meant. 

 

"Bom, I-" 

 

"Why did you do it? What did I ever do to you and your friends, huh? Was it fun, the way you treated me like trash?"

 

"No..." He almost whispered. "Please, just listen to me.."

 

"I've had enough, Seunghyun." I said. "I don't want to listen to you any longer."

 

Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrows and was about to say something, but I interrupted him.

 

"But if it means anything to you, I'll forgive you for all the things that you've done to me.....on one condition." 

 

"...What is it?"

 

"We ignore each other for the rest of the year. Pretend like the other doesn't exist. What I want is a peaceful college life. One that doesn't involve you."

 

"No." Seunghyun shook his head. 

 

"Please, Seunghyun...You owe me that much, at least."

 

"There's no way that I'm going to agree to that."

 

What the hell is with this guy...?! Why does he always have to be so stubborn?!

 

"Don't be stubborn.." I sighed. "You and I hate each other, so this agreement should work for the both of us. Now goodbye."

 

I heavily accented the last word and turned to walk away when I felt a hand grab my shoulder, stopping me from taking another step. My eyes narrowed.

 

"Let go of me, Seunghyun!" I hissed. He only tightened his grip, which made me seriously pissed off.

 

I grabbed his hand and tried to pry it off, but it was as if it was glued to my shoulder. The nerve of this guy!

 

"What the hell are you trying to accomplish here?" I snapped angrily and spun around to face him. "It's not like I'm someone important to you, so why can't you just leave me alone for once?! I said I've had enough!"

 

Seunghyun hesitated and let go of my shoulder. He stared at me with an unreadable expression on his face. 

 

"I missed you." He said.

 

 

.....WH-WHAT DID HE JUST SAY???!!!!

 

 

My arms grew as lifeless as jelly and flopped to my sides while my eyes bugged out. 

 

"Just..get away from me." I stuttered. "Stop toying with my mind."

 

A smile tugged at the upper corner of his lips but Choi Seunghyun kept his face straight. He stepped away from me, waved his right hand goodbye, and started to walk down the street with his hands in his pockets without glancing back.

 

I was left on the middle of the sidewalk, standing there like an idiot and gaping at his retreating back as the guy turned a corner and disappeared from view.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well......

 

 

 

 

That didn't go as planned.