Chapter 8

My Inner Beauty (HIATUS-will be back in 4 months)

Author's POV:

 

"My name is Park Bom." I told the dean. She smiled at me and clicked her pen open.

 

Whew..at least she was nice, unlike the devil's twin, the vice principal. Heck, that lady scared me even more than Choi Seunghyun, and that was saying something. 

 

Suddenly, I heard a sharp intake of breath from behind, causing me to turn around. All I saw was the office door slamming shut, and soon after that I heard a pair of feet running.

 

Whoever that was must have been in a real hurry, since his/her footsteps were thundering across the hallway. It sounds like a stampede of horses out there. 

 

Anyways, the dean was starting to write my name on a form when I suddenly realized something. My eyes grew wide and I stepped forward.

 

"Wait!!"

 

Mrs. Kim gave me an inquisitive glance. "What is it..?"

 

"Uhh..w-well...I..." My voice trailed off, making the dean squint at me.

 

What was I supposed to say?!

 

Excuse me Mrs. Kim, but you see, I can't put 'Park Bom' as my name on the tag. Because then my stupid classmate Choi Seunghyun will find out my true identity and make my life a living hell. So can I put "Kim Yumi" on there, instead? Pretty please?

 

I sighed in defeat. There was no way out of this. I guess fate won't allow me to hide my identity from him forever; besides, it would be almost impossible to fake my name for four entire years. 

 

My shoulders slumped as I began to recall the horrible tauntings from him and his friends back when I was in high school.

 

After finding out who I really was, will they start from where they left off and start to torture me again? I could never be too sure since some things never change.

 

I had been hoping for a peaceful college life, but it seems like my hopes will be shattered after today. 

 

Damn you, Choi Seunghyun...damn you to hell!!!

 

"Bom? Are you alright? You look rather pale." Mrs. Kim looked at me worriedly. "Do you need to go to the nurse's office?"

 

"Wha..?" I blinked at her. It took a few seconds for me to clear the horrible flashbacks from high school that were beginning to cloud my brain, but then I stood up straight and flashed Mrs. Kim a reassuring smile.

 

"I'm fine, Mrs. Kim. Can you please tell me when my new name tag will arrive?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun's POV:

 

After coming to a halt in front of the empty school yard, I leaned against a large tree, panting.  I shut my eyes firmly as my chest heaved up and down, breathless from both running and absolute shock.

 

I can't believe it...holy sh*t....

 

I knew something about that "Kim Yumi" was familiar, but I didn't know that she was the girl who I had been longing to see for nearly two years. Now that I had finally found her, I wasn't sure what to do. How could I just walk up to her after everything that I had put her through back when we were high schoolers?

 

This was confusing..Usually, I was confident in everything that I did. But when it came to Bom, I actually had to think things through. 

 

She didn't look like the chubby girl that I knew from my high school years. It was amazing that she had changed to the point where I couldn't even recognize her when she was right in front of me the entire day. 

 

My mind was telling me to go back into the school and confront her about everything, and more importantly, to apologize, but something held me back.

 

I realized that  Park Bom apparently didn't want me to know who she was, judging by the fact that she had lied to me about her identity all this time. She created a fake name for herself, for goodness sake... Was the girl that desperate to not be involved with me?

 

I bet that if I approached Bom and told her that I knew who she was, she would probably run off and never show her face to me ever again. I didn't want that to happen.

 

It was kind of painful to know that she despised me that much.. but I wasn't going to give up on winning her forgiveness and heart. I was determined to set things right.

 

No matter how hard you try to push me away, I'm not going to let you slip from my fingers again, Park Bom! I thought bitterly.

 

I reached into my vest pocket and pulled out the yellow name tag. After uncrumpling it, I spread it out on my palm. My eyes widened when I saw the proof that only confirmed my suspicions.

 

 

박봄 (Park Bom)

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

!!!!! **IMPORTANT**  !!!!!

 

I did a lot of editing in all of the chapters of the story and also changed Park Mina's character to ----> Park Bom. I sail on the Topbom ship now :] ! I'm sorry for those of you that don't like this sudden major change... I'll do my best to update from now on and I'll be sure to notify you all when I'm too busy to update.Thanks to the subscribers who have been sticking with this cheesy story all this time T___T 

 

OTL