006

My Butler

006

I wake up on 6.00 am even though I don’t wear any wristwatch nor a clock in my room. It’s a random guess but mostly, it’s correct.

In my room, I only have a bed and a study table for me to study anything that is necessary. My room may look dim but this is what I personally ask to Miss Seohyun. Too much things can distract my focus and I don’t want that to happen.

 

At a time like this, mostly they don’t wake up and it is important for me to make preparation before they are getting up. I don’t want to see any dirt being scooped out, flour all over the floor or bookshelves are upside down.

It is too much for me and I am glad I am still sane enough to handle all of these problems and being surrounding with crazy people.

 

I heard a noise when I passed the reading room. I thought at a time like this, no one is wake up and I didn’t hear any breath. Could it be animal that is trespassing?

I open the door and didn’t switch on the light. Let the room dark for a while.

I adjust my eyesight as I scan the whole room before I spot a shadow behind the curtain or I thought so.

I carefully walk towards that way; holding back my breath and pull the curtain.

I sigh as I saw the mole is nibbling on the book.

 

“You really are brought me trouble, Mr. Mole. Be glad I’m a human. If I were a demon, I shall cook you as mole stew. Would you love that?” I smirk as I saw his eyes glimmering; scare.

With faint steps, I brought the guilty mole to the back door before I kick the animal out far from this mansion.

“If you shall come back with your little friends, you ought to meet with Sooyoung so she can make a meat out of you.” I mutter under my breath before I carry on my duty.

 

After I’m making sure every single floor is being swept, I proceed to the kitchen to make tea as Miss Seohyun prefer to drink tea in the morning. It’s been a habit since she’s young.

A loud sound can be heard in the kitchen. Sooyoung must be already wake up and ready with her disaster breakfast again. I let out a long sigh before I went upstairs to wake Miss Seohyun.

“When she would learn to cook like normal human?” I mumble on the way to Miss Seohyun’s room.

 

I knock her door twice before I enter while holding a silver tray consist of a cup of tea. She is still lying on the bed with peaceful look on her face.

I can’t help but smiles as I saw this younger girl has grown up towards woman.

 

You’re the only help I can seek from as you promises me to find my true self. For that, I devoted myself to be a butler you can proud of, my lady.’

 

The large window seems like dirtier than before when I push to let the sunlight in.

“I should ask Taeyeon to wipe the window. It’s bad for Miss Seohyun’s health.” I mutter to myself before I approach this young lady.

 

“Miss Seohyun, it’s already 8.00 am. Please, wake up.” I say as she slowly opens her eyes.

She gets up and fixing her hair as she looks at me. “Why do I smell burning at the time like this?” She sniffs the air around her.

“It must be Sooyoung, my lady. I apologize if she causes a lot of trouble for you in the bright morning like this.” I half-bowing before give her a cup of tea.

“I thought I was having a nightmare.” She mutters as she sips her tea.

 

When Miss Seohyun is already dress up, I tell her the schedule that she need to do today as she’s been missing a few daily routines she is supposed to do.

“My lady, today you are going to learn French and learn how to dance waltz. I hope you’re not trying to distract yourself in doing something else.” I say in stern voice.

She keeps doing something unnecessary things if she’s starting to get bored.

 

She throws a glare at me.

Sorry my lady but I’m getting used to it so I do not afraid of your glare anymore.

“It’s my own business!” She says in loud voice.

I sigh. “A lady should not raises her voice when she’s talking although I am your butler. She must watch her tone, her words and her manner to create elegant conversation. That is the first rule in becoming lady. Please, bear that in your mind, my lady.”

She ignores what I say and continue drink her orange juice. “Kris, lower your head please.” She gestures her hand.

I don’t know what she’s trying to do but I’m doing what she asks for.

 

“Ouch!” I shriek a little when she’s pulling my ear.

She smirks. “There, I feel better now. I don’t want to hear any mumbles at the morning like this as you talk like my grandmother and it is too noisy.”

I nod with my ear still burning red. “Yes, my lady.”

 

The garden seems peaceful or I thought so. Not too far from the place I was standing, Lay is hopping and jumping around to catch butterfly. He may look like child but he knocks off a few plants.

Unforgivable.

 

“Lay, stop jumping around. I want you to clean up the mess and fix the vases you knock off just now. You should behave like a gardener, not a kid.” I scold him for nth times.

Lay keeps grinning and rubs back of his head. “Sorry, Kris. The butterfly is beautiful that I can’t stop but catch it with my own hand.”

I heard someone’s stomach grumbling and definitely, it’s not me. “You are hungry, Lay?” I ask in indifferent tone.

“Ha – ha? No – no! Of course not. I’m totally not hungry right now.” But the sound of his stomach just shows how much he is hungry.

I help him to make the job much faster before I ask him to wait at the kitchen while I made him a food.

 

I spot the shattered glass on the floor. I pick it up before I found Taeyeon who is crying on the corner of the room; hiding herself.

I make a slow step before I pat her on the shoulder. She seems startled to see me before crying even harder.

“Taeyeon, if you keep insist to cry, I can’t help you without you telling me what is going on.” I give her a handkerchief.

She stops crying eventually but still sobbing. “I – I broke a glass. It’s Miss Seohyun’s favourite and I – I was guilty. I – I don’t know how to explain to her. I know I am clumsy but I tend to be careful with the things I touch. I was so – so sorry.”

I smile. “Don’t worry. I am sure Miss Seohyun understands your situation. No need to cry no more. I will explain to her but you have to ask her forgiveness personally. Do not cry and continue your work. Make sure the floor is clean without the remaining glass. It could be dangerous for people who are walking at here.”

She nods as she receives my order. “Thank you, Kris.”

I pat her head softly. “My pleasure. Do not repeat this attitude in the future.”

 

Sooyoung is making the floor dirtier with floor and egg once again. I think it’s better if I confine her in a basement so she can keeps doing her experiment in there instead of messing up my head.

“Sooyoung, what are you trying to experiment today? The lunch time is arrive soon and I ought to serve the dishes before she arrives to the table.”

She was baking a sweet potatoes at the highest degree and it’s already burn like charcoal. The smell was terrible and I thought I’m going to puke anytime soon.

“Darn it! Why I never keep doing anything right? I want to make the sweet potatoes to cook much faster.” She complaints.

I take the utensils from her. “To the highest degree? Even a chicken can be burn and it just a sweet potatoes. I’ll be responsible in making lunch. You can go peel the onion back there.”

She pouts. “I don’t want to peel the onion all the time!”

I hate to hear she whines. “Just doing your job before I lock you at basement. Go!”

She mumbles something I didn’t hear before dragging her two feet towards the boxes of onions.

 

The curtain night is finally down. My lady is already sleeping and other co-workers also in their deep sleep while I still wake up to read something.

I make sure all the appliances is shut down and every door is lock and so does the window.

Most of the times, that is what I always encounter every day as a butler.