010

My Butler

010

Kris is taking a break after cleaning up all the floor of mansion, serving his lady a lunch, prepare for upcoming party which is going to be held in 2 weeks, forbidden Sooyoung from making the preparation of food, helping Lay at the garden and adjusting the book according to the volume which Taeyeon always misplaced them.

 

“I want to know who exactly I am. Why am I here? Why for the past 3 years I have been Miss Seohyun’s butler, I felt something close about her like she was someone’s important to me? Why now?” He mutters to himself as he sat on the bench at the small garden reside behind the mansion.

 

He was aware someone is approaching him from behind as his ear caught the sound of grass being squished. He’s waiting for that person to be in close distant before he grasps his or her hand and demand an answer for silent walk.

 

The sound stops before he gets to do what is on his mind. He didn’t budge from his seat because someone might play trick on him.

 

A soft voice speaks. “Kris, why are you muttering by yourself at here? Are you having your time by yourself?” The steps continue.

 

Kris inhales a deep breath before turning his gaze towards the voice who belongs to his lady, Miss Seohyun.

She is wearing a mini dress in pastel colour while her hair is tied like a ponytail and places on her left shoulder. She has this soft smile plastered on her face like she won a lottery or something. He may be wrong about that because his lady doesn’t like to involve in any gambling stuff.

 

“What are you doing in here, my lady? Does your work already finished to be here or you have something to tell me?” He asks her as he is getting up from the seat.

 

It is not proper when you are sitting beside your lady, as her place is higher than her workers. Although she insists, he is most likely to oblige the rule.

 

Seohyun leans her back as she is looking up at the sky with admiration. She didn’t reply to any his questions but he’s waiting patiently for her answers.

 

“Kris, if I were to be reborn again I want to be born as a bird. Fly up to the sky without worrying any problems regarding financial, neither politics nor relationship with noble. Don’t you wish the same like I am?”

Kris shook his head. “That is nonsense, my lady. You ought to think positive and look for the outcome rather than worrying about something you aren’t sure.”

Seohyun lets out a short sigh. “Kris, you can call me insane or out of mind but I think I knew about the real you.”

 

He is taken aback with her statement. He doesn’t like where the conversation is leading to but he really wants to know.

 

“What do you find out about me? I don’t know whether I will like it but I pray for the good news for me.”

She giggles softly. “No, no. It’s all good news, Kris. Don’t worry a single thing about it. Oh, it’s raining!”

 

Both of them were looking up at the dark grey sky where the raining is pouring heavily but neither of them are making move to head back to the mansion.

Seohyun is feeling the raining over her face while Kris is watching his lady feeling the wet of raining.

 

“My lady, we better head back to the mansion. You are going to have a fever and that is not good for your health.”

“No. I want to stay. This is like my freedom. I’ve been waiting for the rain to pour and finally, my dream is finally come true.”

 

He had to use the hard way. He drags her by holding her wrist and running to the mansion but she pulls her hand away from his tight grasps.

 

“My lady, this is not the time to play around. I’m really serious about this. Let’s head home!” He unintentionally raises his voice because of the sound of heavy rain.

“Kris, it is you who are supposed to go home.” Her voice seems crack like she was crying but the rain is succeed in washing away her tears.

He is speechless. “Home? This is my home, my lady. I wish not to speak about this matter until you reach home safely. Please, my lady.”

 

Seohyun is approaching her before slapping his face with all her might. “You better listen to me carefully!” Her eyes are in rage, staring at his brown eyes.

“My – my lady.” He holds his cheek where she is just slapping him.

 

Her eyes are getting red because of the tears. “This is painful, Kris. I shouldn’t say this but I love you to the extent to be in secret relationship with you but I couldn’t. I couldn’t do that to my beloved fiancée who loves me with all his heart. I cannot break his fragile heart and love you instead. For that, I wish in the future I would raise a son just like you and educates him in a better education so he knew how to lead his life well.”

“You loved me? My lady, that thought never occurred into my mind. I respect and admire you very much that I thought I would serve you until the last breathes. Where would I go home? This is my home! You are the one who picks me up and raises me like a normal person that you can be proud of.”

She caresses his cheek, the place where she slaps him just now. “Kris, wake up from your dream. I may need you but your loved one needs you the most. The one who deserved you better and you know whom am I talking about. Kris, don’t ever break her fragile heart again. She has lost her husband and she doesn’t bear to lose her son.”

He is lost for words. “My – my mother?”

Seohyun nod as his answer is correct. “Yes, your mother. Wake up, sleepy head.” She kisses his cheek as she bids her goodbye.

 

Kris is lost consciousness before his atmosphere is slowly getting dark and he saw nothing but himself wandering around by himself.

 

Back to the world in 2012 where everything is using technology and no rules about forbidden the woman to wear pants. Both of woman and man are successful in their own field of work.

In the somewhere hospital, a woman who is in mid-20 is sleeping at the edge of bed while waiting for his son to blink his eyes.

She is getting up from her sleep when she thought she felt something is moving. She takes a quick glance at her son who is in coma for 3 years after involving in the accident. She lets a long sigh when he is still in that condition.

 

“I must be dreaming.” She mutters to herself in a low voice.

 

She gets up from her seat and heading to the bathroom and clean herself. After changing into the clean clothes, she goes to cafeteria and having breakfast with a cup of hot coffee and a plate of doughnuts.

 

Doctor Jessica who is treating her son’s cases, approaching her with wide smile as she takes a sit in front of her.

She looks up and meets those alluring but cold eyes. She broke into a smile as she recognizes the doctor who is just like her daughter.

 

“Doctor!”

Jessica laughs. “Mrs. Seohyun, how many time do I have to told you that you can called me Jessica? How about your son’s condition? Is he still in coma?”

Seohyun nods. “He is but I pray hard for him to open his eyes and see the world. I miss him a lot and I don’t want to lose someone’s dear to me any longer after my husband’s death. Although he is upright and doesn’t mingle with people much, I know him well. He is resembles his great-grandmother.”

 

Jessica is smiling as she hears her story. She loved it when she told her stories about her family because she can imagines how it felt like to be in world where women still behind men.

 

“His great-grandmother. How does she look like?” Jessica wants to know.

Seohyun laughs softly. “If I’m not mistaken, I’ve been named after her because my mother thoughts that I would be like her when I grow up but it turn out otherwise. She is the heiress of Kim’s Fortress Co. in the age of 17 and a fiancée to my late great-grandfather. She is serious but good in handling tough situation despite her young age. Everyone respects her and considers her the biggest rival at that time. She lived with her butler, the gardener, the cook and the maid in the mansion. There is also a rumour that she’s in love with her butler but no one knows the truth except her herself.”

Jessica nod. “I wish I could meet this great woman. Oh, it’s getting late! My shift is already started. I will take my time to see your son’s condition later. Goodbye, Mrs. Seohyun.”

“Be a good doctor, Jessica.” She bids her goodbye as the young doctor is walking towards her colleagues.

 

Seohyun is entering the room where her son is still in coma state. She is caressing his hair with love as her eyes are b in tears.

“Kris, when will you wake up? I miss you a lot, son. Don’t leave me alone by myself.” She says as the tears are falling down on her cheek and down to his hand.

 

At the same time, he gives the reaction back causing the young mother to gasp. She is hurryingly searching for the nearest doctor check his condition. Jessica who is in the hallway stumbles upon her and making her way towards the room where Kris is.

 

She checks his eyes with a penlight and checks his pulse before jotting down the notes.

“He’ll be fine as his breathing is becoming normal. We’re going to remove the mechanism and your son would be transfers to the usual room.”

Seohyun is hugging her, still crying. “Oh, God! Thank you, Jessica. I don’t know how to express my gratitude.”

“He’s going to be fine, Mrs. Seohyun. He will.”

 

Kris is opening his eyes slowly as the light is almost blinding his sight. He looks to his right and found a woman is sleeping on the edge of his bed.

 

She’s look just like my lady. Is she my mother, my lady?’

 

He shook her body softly and in a swift motion, the woman get up with surprises expression. She looks him with happiness on her face.

 

“Hello, mother. I’m back.” He smiles faintly as he grasps his mother’s hand tightly.