003

My Butler

003

On the dining table, it is a very quiet atmosphere and they seem like to enjoy their food instead of chatting a few things over the table.

She takes a glass of orange juice before take a few sips. She carefully cuts the meat and dip it into creamy sauce before indulge into .

Just nice.’

 

Changmin who is already finished; wipes his side of mouth and looks at her with amused expression. “My, our Seohyun here knows how to cut a meat.” He teases her.

She looks up while munching the meat slowly. “I’m already grown up. What is the matter with you? Am I still looks like a 10 years old girl who ought to learn manners? It’s already cold joke.”

“Okay, I surrender. I don’t know how to make funny joke. Well, I think you already know the first place I came here to have dinner with you.”

“To talk about the distribution of wealthy? Changmin, changmin. How many times do I told you, whether you search it everywhere including your own cousin; you are still getting 1/3 from the profit of Kim’s Fortress Co’”. She takes a sip of orange juice before placing a dirty napkin on the plate; indicates that she’s finished with her meal.

 

Kris takes the dirty plate as well as Changmins’ before vanished into the kitchen.

 

“Why must I get 1/3? I’m the oldest and most of the business matter, it was handled by me.” He mocks her before gets up from the seat roughly.

She snickers. “Must you press that you are the oldest but don’t you remember, when there was a leak of confidential information, where were you that night? Shouldn’t you join us in a meeting or you’re the one who leak the information? Afraid to see Uncle Gary.” She smirks before walks toward the fireplace.

 

He says nothing. “I shall take my leave now. Let’s continue this argument later, Seohyun.” He refuses a macchiato caramel, which Kris just made, and heading towards the door.

Before he is gone from her sight, he looks at her with pity look. “I may look cruel but you are already grown up woman. Kris, please take care of her.”

“Yes, sir.” He is half-bowing before escorting him to his carriage.

 

Seohyun blows hot air through her hand. “It’s very cold and yet, I’m sitting in front of fireplace. Am I sick or what?”

“Here is your macchiato caramel, my lady. I’m sure it can rise your temperature. And no, you’re not sick.” Kris is giving her a large cup of macchiato; espresso with a small amount of milk and he gives a little touch with caramel to bring out the freshness of the coffee.

 

“Kris, have you search the background of Mr. Tao’s business? We’re going to head over there tomorrow evening. I don’t want to gamble over nothing without any information that can lead to conclusion.”

“This is the information what I’ve been collecting so far. He’s currently are doing well by being friendly with his workers, he will inspect everything from the bottom until up to see the progress. In a short word, he involves everything although he has a secretary. Oh, he had a girlfriend too! Her name is Lee Hyunhee. She’s studying abroad in medical course and they would get married at the end of July. She’s currently in her last year.”

Seohyun looks at him with impressed. “I expect nothing but the best from you, Kris. He has to stop courting me since they would get married soon. Prepare his wedding gift later.”

Kris is half-bow at her. “Thank you, my lady. What do you want for the wedding gift?”

“Anything would be fine. Where are Taeyeon, Lay and Sooyoung? I didn’t hear anything funny, though.” She says while take a sip of her macchiato.

“You wish me to call them here?”

“Oh, thank you! I would love to. I have something important to tell them though.”

 

He’s disappearing in blink of an eye. She didn’t feel scared after 3 years he’s been serving her. She’s already immune with his fast reflexes.

“I wonder what he’s doing right now.” She sighs before turning around when she saw her three employees in pyjama.

She lets out a soft laugh.

 

“Miss Seohyun, is there anything you wish to say?” Lay asks in sleepy voice.

Sooyoung blinks her eyes. “Miss Seohyun, are you still hungry?”

“Or you want me to change your bed sheet?” Taeyeon yawns.

 

Seohyun shook her head enough to give them a sign none of them is her priority.

“It’s too early to get some sleep. Oh, yes! Tomorrow, I’ll be heading to Xiao Company to get a little adventure. Want to come along?”

As those words come from the young lady whom never says about getting adventure with her maid, gardener nor the cook, it’s certainly it’s the happiest new they ever heard.

 

“I want!”

“Are you sure, my lady? Won’t my clumsiness interrupt your adventure?”

“Hell yeah! I can explore more about my art of cooking so I can implied at here.”

Three of them; wake up from the sleep with a wide smile on their face feeling happy and giddy.

 

Kris is on the other side; shook his head much to his despair of bundle of works to handle later.

“Kris, let’s stop from worrying about them for a while. It’s been a while I never had this so-called vacation after my mom’s death. Beside, we can find some information later about you.” She says in softer voice so the last line won’t be heard from them.

Kris looks at her with poker face. “I’ll try, my lady.”

 

As Kris ushered them to go back to sleep, Seohyun who is still sitting on the chair looks down on her drink as the tears fall down and drop in her drink.

Her shoulder goes up and down as she’s crying.

She may have a teenage body but she still a child in her heart for she have lost a person who is very dear to her in a young age.

She really needs him right now.

A cream handkerchief is given to her when she felt a presence of her butler in front of her. She looks up to see him still holding out a handkerchief.

 

She takes it to wipes the tears on her face before cough a little. “They are already sleep, I assume.” She tries to break the silent.

Kris smiles. “Yes, my lady. I think it is time for you to sleep now. I’m sure Mr. Luhan wish you not to cry no more.”

Seohyun gives him a painful smile. “I can’t help it, Kris. By the way, don’t forget to prepare for unexpected circumstances tomorrow. It’s going to be a long day, I’m sure that.”

Kris is half-bow to her. “It’s my duty to reassure that. You can carry out your work as always.”

“I know I can count on you. Goodnight, Kris.” She says before slowly drift into sleep.

 

He’s wait until she’s really in deep sleep before closes the window and let down the curtain. He closes the door behind him slowly as silent occupied the atmosphere.

“Goodnight, my lady.” He mutters under his breath before making sure every electric appliance are already shut down.