001

My Butler

001

It’s been 3 years after her mother passed away and now, she’s being taken care of by her butler, gardener, a cook and a maid.

Everything is peaceful in this big mansion although only a few stays but she’s never care less as long as her butler is always there besides her.

 

A young lady who is still in her deep sleep; shifting her position before opens one of her eyes just to be greet by the sunlight.

She slowly gets up with a blanket still over her body. She yawns a little when her butler knocks the door twice and enters.

“Good morning, my lady.” He gestures a half bow and smiles.

She looks at him with sleepy look. “What time is it?”

He was pouring her a cup of jasmine tea before he answers her question. “It’s 8 in the morning, my lady.” He gives her a cup of tea where she takes it lightly.

She takes a sip. “Kris, how many times do I tell you not to call me ‘my lady’? I prefer everyone called me Seohyun. It’s suffocating me when people called ‘my lady’ when I never behave like one.” She complaints as she gives him an empty cup.

Kris smiles in return. “You are my master and I respect you. In the mean time, you should take your bath and dress up.”

“Is there any occasion that I need to go?” She gets up from the bed and pushes the window to her balcony to let a warm breeze in.

 

She feels refreshing when she saw a wide flower garden; well her gardener makes a mistake again by plucking all of the roses and makes a big mess.

She sighs upon this. “I shall ask him to plant lavender next time.”

 

Kris is standing behind her with a towel. “My lady, your bath is ready and I would like you to take a bath before having a breakfast in the dining room.”

She frowns before takes the towel from him and makes her way towards the bathroom.

Before she closes the door, she turns around and called out his name. “Kris!”

He stops his walk in mid-way and turn to her way. “Yes, my lady?”

Seohyun is hesitated but even if she lies, he can see the through of her so easily.

“Would you mind to pick a dress for me? I’m still not getting used to pick which one should I wear during at home or having lunch with royal people.” A light blush crept on her cheek.

Kris chuckles upon this. “Of course, my lady. Have a nice bath.” He smiles.

 

She sits on the table where her butler serves her a bowl of mushroom soup; used to be her favourite.

Before she takes a sip, she asks. “Who cooks this?”

Kris politely answers. “Me, my lady. Don’t worry. I put just an average spices into it aside with pepper and salt.”

She continues to drink her soup. She may have a cook but a terrible cook indeed.

 

Sooyoung, a cook who have been in service for 3 years.

Why a terrible cook? She presses on the art instead of cook right away. You can simply slice the onion but she takes a whole of 20 minutes to make sure she cut it right and the size must be the same like others.

She successfully cook a dinner in 2 and half hour; a bowl of salad with mustard dressing, half-chicken burned with crispy texture and a bread pudding.

Kris makes the better job than her, though. He can makes any kind of food in less than an hour and still taste delicious.

 

She takes a walk to her garden or most likely a deserted grave since every flower is wilt and the sand is scoop out whenever he wants. She makes sure her gown doesn’t got dirtied with a dirt as she approaches the gardener who is focusing in plant a new flower; lavender.

 

“Lay? Have you taken a bath yet?” Seohyun greets him from behind; causing him to throw away his shovels and a pile of dirt behind him.

Kris comes to the rescue when he blocks the dirt with an umbrella and kick the shovel not too far from where Lay stands.

Lay turns around and quickly apologizes to Seohyun with apologetic face. “My – my lady? Are you okay? I really am sorry if I startled you.”

She smiles. “I’m the one who should said sorry for surprising you from behind. I didn’t know you had such a fright.”

Lay is stuttering. “Ah – ah, yes. My siblings keep teasing me with ghost stories and I am still afraid although with a sudden voice.”

Kris shook his head. “It is my lady that you are afraid of. You should be overcome your fear anytime soon, Lay. By the way, are you planting lavender?”

Lay rubs his back of head. “Ah, yes! I realize I just make a big mess in my lady’s garden so I decide to make it up with lavender. If I’m still remember, my lady loves the scent of lavender very much.”

 

Did he read my mind back then?’ Seohyun thoughts before grab his hat, which is lying on the floor and places it on his head.

“Be careful of sunlight. You don’t want to burn your skin like roasted chicken, aren’t you?” She says in soft voice before gracefully walks inside the mansion.

 

Kris gives him a look before sighs. “Lay, why are you plucking all the roses this morning? I thought the flowers are still fresh yesterday.”

Lay grimaces. “I thought I saw a mole who just keeps nibbling on my lady’s rose so I decide to scoop that mole out but in result, I end up by making a whole bunch of mess.”

Kris places his hand on his shoulder. “You mean this mole?” He shoves a big mole in front of Lay’s face.

“This is the mole!” He points his finger toward the scary animal.

“Is that so? We should get rid of it, should we?” Kris smirks before disappear behind the mansion; leaving Lay dumbfound.

Lay mutters under his breath. “I wonder when he gets that mole very fast. I think I lost my stamina when I look for it, though.” He scratches his head before continue his work.

 

Seohyun is on her way to the library when she almost slips on the wet floor where just in time; Kris caught her in his embrace.

“Are you fine, my lady?” He helps her to stand.

Seohyun coughs a bit. “Where’s Taeyeon? Does she mop the floor properly? I almost slipped because of her clum – “ She didn’t finished her sentences when a loud sound comes from the next two room.

Both of them are hurriedly to see what is going on there. When she pushes the door, Taeyeon, the clumsy maid just tripped over a book when she wants to clear the dust on the shelves. She turns around where her master saw her clumsy action.

She hurriedly greets her before wipes off the dust on her uniform. “I’m sorry, my lady.”

Seohyun lets out a long sigh. “Taeyeon, you’re almost make me fall on the wet floor and now you’re tripped over a book? How clumsy you are getting so far this year?” She mumbles before grab the book and place it at the place where it should be.

“I didn’t see that coming, my lady. I must be absorbed with my work, then.” Taeyeon said with determined face; causing Seohyun to giggle.

“Yes, yes but please, do not let the floor wet again. I don’t want people having misfortunate in this house as long as I’m still alive.” Seohyun says before walks out from the room.

 

Kris is helping her to wipe the dust especially on the top of the bookshelves. Thanks to his height, he is easily gets the job done while Taeyeon looks at him with awed.

“You are the best, Kris.” Taeyeon praises him with a goofy smile.

Kris lets out a soft chuckle. “You better be careful, Taeyeon.” Kris says before leaving her; still in dazzling state.