005

My Butler

005

Kris is watching every movement of Tao’s workers because Seohyun orders him to. He makes sure no one notices his eyes as he is watching the exhibition with amaze.

 

Tao who wants to expand his business decides to hold an exhibition where he displays everything to be export to the overseas and invites his potential clients to see the goods.

He was entertaining one of his clients when his eyes caught Seohyun’s presence where she was watching a China vase in the display case. He approaches her with a wide grin.

 

“Hello there, Miss Seohyun. I am glad you find time to come here.” Tao greets her.

She looks at him with indifferent look. “Is it the real China vase? You seem to spend a lot of money on this exhibition, Mr. Tao.”

He chuckles. “Yes, Miss Seohyun. As long as I gain profit, I would do anything for the exhibition.”

Much to his surprises, she lets out a soft laugh. “Anything? Even trying to sabotage your own business, is that what you are trying to say Mr. Tao?” She touches the display with her right hand; didn’t notice his expression.

“Wh – what are you trying to emphasize, Miss Seohyun? I personally ask you to investigate this matter for me and you’re accusing me to sabotage my own business? For what reason, may I ask?” Tao is trying his best to hide his anger under his smiling faces.

Seohyun is facing him with amused look. “Oh, I just heard from my reliable sources that you has fallen behind in trading business. You need to recover your position not to lose your potential investors and clients plus, making good impression for your girlfriend.”

Tao was speechless. No words come into his mind to reply her and all he could do is let his mouth open. “I shouldn’t hire you at the first place.” He’s starting to regret.

Seohyun is leaning closer; whispering at his ear. “But you did and you have to find what I wish for if I accept your request. If you disobey my request, please bear in your mind that you’re not going to survive in this business world, Mr. Tao.” She smirks.

 

Not too far from the place they were standing, Luhan is watching them with fury eyes. “Don’t tell me, she’s had something to do with him.” He forms his fist to approach them when Kris is appearing from nowhere and stops him from doing so.

“Mr. Luhan, I assure you that my lady wouldn’t have an affair with Mr. Tao. She was just doing her job. Don’t let your jealousy conquers you.” Kris says in indifferent tone.

“How do you know?” Luhan is taking a deep breath.

Smiles form on Kris’s face. “I know my lady for 3 years, Mr. Luhan and I know you have known her since childhood. Does it fair if I knew her better than you who knew her for the longest time? Think carefully, Mr. Luhan.” He excuses himself.

 

Luhan was speechless. He thought of what her butler has just said to him and how foolish is he if he went there and beat him out without knowing the truth.

“Am I a fool?” He mutters to himself.

“No, you’re not.” A soft voice is heard from behind him.

 

Luhan turns around; standing behind him is Seohyun who is still smiling. She wants to hold his hand but it is not appropriate for a woman to hold a man’s hand. They are still in a world where woman position is still under man and Seohyun is about to change that perspective.

Luhan soften a bit. “Seohyun.”

“I know other fiancée would furious if his fiancée does some close gestures towards a man but believe me, I have nothing relationship with him. It’s merely a business between us.” She is still smiling.

Luhan really want to caresses her cheek but he had to consider where they are at, he hold back the intention. “I believe you, thanks to someone.” He replies.

She raises her eyebrows. “Someone?”

He quickly shook his head as he pushes her towards buffet table. “Don’t mind me. Lets grab something to eat since this will be a long day. Look at your employees; they are look like they were starving. Did you give them enough eat?” He teases her.

 

Lay and Sooyoung is snatching chicken thigh on the table where their other hand is full with variety of food. They didn’t seem to care about surrounding people who looks at them with annoyed look or surprised look.

Taeyeon is carefully picking her food before placing the bread pudding on her plate before she almost tripped over banana peel.

Kris comes to rescue where he holds the plate and grabs Taeyeon at the waist; preventing her from falling. “You should be careful, Taeyeon.” He sighs as he gives her plate.

Taeyeon is embarrassing. “So sorry, Kris. I did it again.”

Kris shook his head before approaching his other co-workers. “You two should stop taking many food and leave the rest for the guests. I should lock you two in basement so you will starve. Stop this instead.” His voice is startled them and they are stop taking food before retreat themselves to the back of room before eat silently.

 

Kris is bowing to other guests because of their rudeness. “I’m sorry, sir and miss. I kindly hope you forgive them and I would make sure they aren’t do it this again in the future.” He flashes them his smile which causing them to blush; as his face is handsome to resist.

 

Seohyun lets out a relieve sigh. “I thought they would behave when I brought them here. Too much distraction can cause much humiliation.” She mutters under her breath as she takes a mash potatoes into a bowl.

Luhan chuckles. “Seohyun, where on Earth you would find them? Nowhere. They are one of a kind and you are very lucky to have them under you. I would approve if after we’re married, you are willing to hire them.”

Seohyun is blushing. “Married? That’s too early to talk about that subject. For now, I want to focus on my father’s business, as you may.” She says in graceful manner.

“I never think it is too early. You agree with me, Kris?” Luhan takes a quick glance at Kris who is helping her.

He only smiles; doesn’t want to comment on anything. “As long as my lady is happy. That is my answer.”