004

My Butler

004

It was a hectic morning as usual but it never failed to amuse Seohyun who is already awake and found her gardener makes a mess once again at the garden but she never care less. She knew him too well.

 

“As long as he still plant my favourite flower, he still has my forgiveness.” She is always muttering those words every time people ask why she still kept him as she can fired him right away.

 

Sooyoung who is frantically at the kitchen is now messing up the floor with floor and egg as she was trying to make chiffon cake with lemon sauce.

She sighs before mixing the ingredients all over again but this time she’s determined to make it delicious than Kris’s or she thought she was.

She was waiting for the cake to be rising in the oven when she’s forgetting about it and focus on to make roasted chicken.

 

“I smell burning in here.” Kris sniffs as he makes a way to the oven.

Sooyoung makes an innocent face. “Oh, do you! I don’t know what’s burn – oh, darn it! My chiffon cake!” She’s hurryingly to Kris who is holding the burning cake.

Kris smirks. “I rather called it burning chiffon cake.”

She bites her lower lips. “Disaster.”

“How many time do I have to told you not to focus on other jobs while you are doing this before.” Kris sighs before throwing the burning cake into a rubbish can.

“This is the first time Miss Seohyun asks us to go out with her for a little adventure. I want to make people happy with my food.” She says with determined face.

He looks at her with disbelief look. “I’ll be in charge here. Go heat a milk. Make sure you don’t burn it this time.”

She mumbles to herself before doing what Kris orders.

 

Taeyeon is preparing the stuffs from lamp, book, umbrella and others stuffs into a big luggage when Seohyun notices her action.

“Taeyeon, what are you trying to do with all these stuff? I thought you were cleaning the rooftop.” Seohyun who is in a dress knee-length says with confused face.

She giggles. “Miss Seohyun, this is what we’re going to bring to Xiao Company. Who knows we might need it?”

Seohyun shook her head in despair. “Taeyeon, we’re going there only for 2 days but you pack all stuff like we were going to say there for a week. Clean up the mess and don’t forget to wash the laundries. I ought them to dry before we’re heading there.”

Taeyeon is half-bowing to her. “Yes, my lady. How about the stuffs I pack? Should I organize it again?”

Seohyun sighs. “Please, don’t bring those stuffs Taeyeon. I’ll inform Kris to pack the stuffs. You can do other works for the mean time.”

Taeyeon shows her goofy smile. “Yes, my lady.”

 

Seohyun is in the reading room; signing the contracts and other agreements while being watching by Kris.

“Kris, do I have other engagement after the this case or are we going to continue our class as usual?” She asks while signing the paper.

 

On her left side is the papers which already seen and signed regarding the business she’s been taken care of after her father’s death. On her right side is a stack of papers, which she’s, have to seen first before place a sign on the paper.

This is her life although she was 13 years old at that time and age doesn’t matter as long as she knew how to take care of her father’s business and deal with many people abroad.

She is a fast learner as she can spoke into several languages like French, English, Russian, Chinese and German.

She makes her relatives proud when she’s the one who lead and communicate with one of the famous businessman, Mr. Rick Ford.

 

“Your cousin, Mr. Changmin wishes to see you again by the end of next week so he could talk about the upcoming meeting with royal family. You shall be prepare with dancing lesson after you have done investigate Mr. Tao’s cases.” Kris reply as he pouring her a cup of Libbylou.

Seohyun smells the fragrance of the drink before bring the cup to . “What is this drink called?”

Libbylou, my lady. I brew the mocha and white mocha before I mix them together. I also add espresso for a strong taste plus whipped cream for more creamier. Does it taste suit your bud, my lady?”

Seohyun says nothing and place the cup on the small plate. “It is quite nice. Where do you learn how to do it?”

Kris smiles in relieve. “I read a lot. After all, I’m a butler for your service. I shall have no flawless so you would be proud of your own butler.”

“That’s the most important rule in being butler in Kim’s family. By the way, have you packing my wardrobe? I shall wear something that is more feminine. I heard one of my clients is attending the Mr. Tao’s exhibition.” She looks up to see Kris who is in the middle of thoughts.

“Kris?”

“Sorry, my lady. Yes, I already pack your wardrobe and there is something I forgot to tell you. Let me think first, my lady. Please, carry on with your signature while I bring snacks for you.” Kris is excuses himself; leaving Seohyun continues her work.

 

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Taeyeon whispers to Sooyoung who is taller than her that she must look up to see her amused face.

Sooyoung gives her thumbs up. “Of course. My idea is always brilliant. Lay is supposed to be here by now. This is my first time I made a cake without failure.” Her grin is wider when she’s looking at the lavender cake where she covered the cake with whipped cream.

On top of the cake should be decorated with lavender but Lay is nowhere to be found.

 

“What took he’s so long? I’m already tired holding this cake.” Sooyoung mumbles under her breath before the cake is being taken away.

Kris scoffs. “How do you can become a cook if a mere cake you can’t handle by your hand? I thought after using heavy appliances would help your hand muscle to be stronger but I guess not.” He’s holding the cake with his right hand.

“Shut your mouth! I will make sure Miss Seohyun would praises my cake and craving for more.” She lets out a sarcastic laugh.

Kris shook his head. “Correction, it’s my cake. I’m the one who asked you to cover the cake with cream while I distract Miss Seohyun in signing the papers. Oh, Lay! You’re late.” He looks at Lay who is out of breath.

Lay gives him two lavender while he’s inhale a breath. “I – I was chasing the mole again. This time, he brought his friend.”

“My, your little friend is little brave. Don’t worry. I would take care of it but it’s going to be late so we should hurry up. We don’t want to waste time for meaningless talk.” Kris is leading them towards the reading room where Seohyun is there.

 

Four of them were quiet on the way to reading room when Taeyeon broke the silence.

“Hurm, Kris. Does Mr. Luhan know about this? I feel guilty when he’s not here to celebrate with us. After all, he’s the one who is planning this surprise.”

Kris smiles. “Do your eyes trick you, Taeyeon? Then, who is it standing in front of reading room ahead of us?”

Taeyeon is confused with his statement when she’s adjusting her eyes towards the door; she can’t help but squealing.

“Mr. Luhan!”

Sooyoung and Lay have to close ; afraid Seohyun would notice about this. Kris can’t help but chuckles over her enthusiastic since she adores them very much.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Luhan.” Kris is greeting him who is smiling like a little child.

Luhan pats his left arm. “Good afternoon, Kris, Lay, Sooyoung and Taeyeon. Surprised to see me here?”

“Oh, yes! We thought you wouldn’t made it in time since you said you have a business to take care of.” Lay says with panic voice.

Luhan keeps smiling. “Anything for my beloved fiancée. My father would furious if he knew I was here after finished my work. Don’t tell him or I would never saw her.”

“Promise.” Three of them except Kris promise him.

 

Seohyun isn’t deaf when she’s hear a little noise at the door but she’s ignore it; thinking it must be Taeyeon or Sooyoung’s clumsy behaviour when they were doing their work.

The door is slowly opening and causing Seohyun to look up when she’s heard voice of a person she’s been longing to see sings ‘Happy Birthday’ song.

There he is; standing in front of her with a bouquet of lavender, her favourite and smile never leave his face from the moment he steps on her mansion.

“Happy birthday, Seohyun.” He says in soft voice.

Those words are enough to bring tears through her eyes.