Ready or Not?

The Time Traveler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun trotted back to his room, keeping himself extremely busy by replying emails, writing reports and analyzing his dad’s company statistics. His school homework was still left untouched, heck it, he thought about quitting school and just help out his dad.

 

An hour passed and Sehun thought about Haneul, the girl who lost all her memories. She seemed like a kid and taking care of a kid is not in his ‘to-do’ list. He stopped typing keeping his fingers poised on his keyboard. Pursing his lips, his mind drifted off to Haneul, thinking about what to do after teaching her numbers.

 

*Wait, what am I doing? I should be concentrating and not bothering about her too much. Besides, after I find a girl that I really like, she would be just a girl that I know – an acquaintance.* he went back to typing furiously over his keyboard and was oblivious to the girl who was standing just beside him the next moment.

 

Sehun gave out a squeak, a gesture that broke his image of the usual cold and emotionless prince. But once he caught the gaze of Haneul, his frightened face melted off and knitted his brows.

 

“What are you doing here? You didn’t knock?” Sehun said, irritation burned his tongue.

 

“I did announced my arrival but you were too busy typing, so I don’t want to disturb you. I’m sorry if you’re offended.” Haneul looked apologetic. She bowed and stepped back, slightly afraid of angry Sehun.

 

With a sigh, he said. “It’s okay. So you’re done with your numbers?”

 

“Yes! I’d finished memorizing everything that you’d taught me.” Haneul’s face lit up. “Do I get to learn more things?”

 

Sehun glanced at his computer clock, there was still time before dinner but there isn’t time for her to catch up to any students studying in S.M Academy if it continues this way.

“For now, I’ll teach you how to read Korean alphabets so that you knock how to write your name and everything. Are you a fast learner?” Sehun eyed her, taking in her shy composure and always constantly weary of things around her.

 

“Maybe…”

 

“Never mind.” Sehun plugged in a thumbdrive to his laptop and downloaded several videos for her to watch. “You’re going to memorize everything in this show before dinner.”

 

~

 

This is the first time in Haneul’s eyes actually hurt from studying too much. She rubbed her eyes and yawned deeply, blushing when Sehun watched her unladylike actions. Squaring her shoulders, her back pivoted and she placed her hands on her lap, her eyes back on the screen.

 

“Its way past dinner time, are you sure you don’t want to rest?” Sehun asked. They were still in his study room – Haneul watching numerous alphabet shows and Sehun still doing his father’s work.

 

“I’m fine! I can watch one more series before dinner.” she replied, her eyes gluing to the tv screen. However, her vision starts to blur as her eyes drooped. She shook her head to kick the fatigue away but it sets in deeper and she yawned again. Sleepy tears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter