Numbers

The Time Traveler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The knockings on the door woke Haneul up.  Sunlight streamed through the curtains, creating a warm glow in her room. She rubbed her eyes and found one of Sehun’s servant standing in front of her bed.

“Agasshi, it’s time for breakfast. Please proceed down to the dining hall. Young master Sehun is waiting for you.” She bowed and then left the room in a hurry. Haneul pulled the comforter off and went into the bathroom to wash up.

The scene of watching Sehun replayed in her head. She flushed red as she used the water to clean her face. She pick up the toothbrush and looked at it curiously. Haneul also badly needed to pee. She looked at the toilet bowl and remembered Sehun’s teaching.

After doing her own pee business, she washed her hands and managed to figure out how to brush her teeth. Still in her tank top and sweat pants, she went down to the dining hall.

 

“Good morning, agasshi. Please sit.” Another servant greeted her and escorted her to her seat. Sehun had already begun eating quietly and emotionlessly. He didn’t even look at Haneul.

“Thank you,” Haneul replied. Today’s breakfast was porridge. Luckily for her, she knew how to use a spoon. Within minutes, she cleared the entire bowl and even asked for second servings.

“Are you that hungry?” Sehun finally broke the awkward silence.

“Yes! Yesterday’s food wasn’t that filling. I always eat rice soup or rice with kimchi.” She said sheepishly.

“Then we’ll have rice for dinner today.” He said.

 

~

 

After breakfast, Sehun went back to his study room to deal with some company matters for his father. Even during Sundays, he doesn’t even have the time to rest.

Haneul wandered around the house and eventually wandered off to the gardens. The Oh family’s garden was smaller than the King’s royal garden. But it looks more colourful here. She walked around, randomly touching the flowers and laughing to herself.

It would be better if Kai was here with her.

She sighed when she thought about Kai. *I wonder how is he doing now… Is he sleeping? Or eating?*

Hanging her head low, she went back into the house. It was only her second day on this world and yet she was already getting bored. She asked one of the servant and she said that it was going to be in the mid afternoon.

“I want to go to school and learn!” she muttered to herself. Deciding to ask Sehun more questions, she went up to Sehun’s study room.

“Can I come in?” Haneul asked politely.

“Mmm.” Sehun said while busy typing furiously on his laptop, his eyes never leaving the screen. His study room was messy and full of books. Haneul grabbed one of the books and opened it up.

Foreign letters appeared.

“What is this? How do you read it?” she asked. Sehun glance at the book that she’s holding.

“It’s my school’s math textbook. Those are numbers and Korean alphabets. Don’t you know Hangul?” he asked and then shifting his gaze back to the laptop screen.

“No… I don’t l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter