Single Father

The Baby Chronicles:

Joonmyun loved his kids, Sehun and Jongin. They were both so adorable and lovely. Whenever they were in public, the boys behaved so well, Jongin never strayed too far and baby Sehun never made loud noises to scare his appa.

Joonmyun is a single father, his wife divorcing him and flying off to some island with her newfound lesbian lover, leaving Joonmyun with their 4 year old son Jongin and their recently adopted 2 year old Sehun.

The single father took it all in stride, breezing through the divorce with a face of indifference and calmly ignoring the pathetic stares from all his friends and family. He had his sons and they were the most important things in the world to him. He didn’t need anything or anyone else.

Currently, the family of 3 were sitting on the couch in their small apartment watching Pororo. Joonmyun sat on the left end, Jongin curled up next to him and Sehunnie, laying on his back with his feet curled under Jongin’s thighs.

When the TV show went off, Jongin reached over and began tickling his little brother, laughing at Sehun’s screeches and peals of laughter. Joonmyun laughed along with his eldest son as Jongin poked Sehun before pulling back and then attacking again.

Sehun would turn onto his side and grab onto the back of the couch, giggling hysterically as Jongin continued to poke and tickle his stomach and sides.

Joonmyun placed a hand onto Jongin’s leg, the father and oldest son laughing and teasing the baby, who continued giggling and squealing.

Sehun finally managed to grab Jongin’s hands and pulled himself up and into Jongin’s lap. He giggled up at his older brother, “Stooopp.”

Jongin smiled down at Sehun, “Aww Sehunnie’s tired of laughing? Ok, I’ll stop.”

Sehun huffed before crawling into Joonmyun’s lap and wrapping his father’s arms around himself.

Joonmyun laughed and tightened his hold around Sehun’s waist as Jongin let his head fall onto his father’s arm, snuggling closer into his side.

“Ok since Sehunnie picked the last show, what does Jonginnie want to watch?”

Jongin’s head snapped up as he looked at his father with wide eyes, “Really? I can pick!”

Joonmyun chuckled as he nodded, “Yes, of course.”

Jongin beamed, “I want to watch something scary! Let’s watch Monster House!”

Joonmyun frowned slightly, “Maybe we should watch that when Sehunnie’s sleeping. I don’t think that’s appropriate for him. How about Alice in Wonderland for now?”

Jongin nodded enthusiastically, “Ok!”

Joonmyun smiled down at his son, thankful that Jongin wasn’t selfish and didn’t throw a fit. He grabbed the remote and opened Netflix, quickly searching for the most recent Alice in Wonderland and hoping it would be creepy enough to satiate his son for now.

When the film began, both Jongin and Sehun couldn’t look away from the screen, eyes wide and mouths hanging open through most of the movie. Joonmyun cuddled his sons closer to him, happy that they were happy.

As the movie ended, both boys began chattering excitedly.

Jongin bounced around on his , clutching Joonmyun’s arm, “When I grow up, I want to be the mad hatter!”

Sehun grinned at his father, “I wanna be the kitty!”

Joonmyun smiled, “Who should I be? Can I be the rabbit? Or the mouse?”

Jongin shook his head as Sehun giggled, “No appa! You have to be the queen!”

Joonmyun playfully gasped, “I don’t want to be her! She’s not nice!”

Both babies giggled more. Jongin finally breathed through his laughter, “Not because she’s mean, appa! Because you look best in red!”

Joonmyun cooed at his son and pecked him on the forehead. Sehun tugged at his father’s fingers, “I wanna kiss!”

Joonmyun laughed and kissed Sehun on the nose, giggling when Sehun screamed with laughter.

Jongin yawned and slumped into Joonmyun. Joonmyun looked down at him, “Is my Jonginnie tired?”

Jongin nodded as he rubbed his eyes sleepily. Joonmyun stood up clutching Sehun in his left arm and scooped Jongin up in his right. He headed down the hallway to the only bedroom in the tiny apartment and placed his 2 sons onto the full-sized bed in the corner of the room.

Jongin scooted back until his back hit the wall and Sehun sleepily crawled over to him and cuddled into his chest.

Joonmyun smiled softly at his sons, “Goodnight, my babies. Sleep well.”

After pecking each boy on the forehead and pulling the covers over them, Joonmyun quietly got ready for bed and pulled the twin-sized mattress out from under the bed. Once he’d made his own bed, he slipped into it and closed his eyes.

In the middle of the night, Joonmyun rolled over and almost squished the tiny body of Sehun, who had climbed down from his bed and crawled into Joonmyun’s, curling his body into Joonmyun’s chest. Jongin had also gotten out of his bed and climbed onto the tiny mattress of his father’s, his small hands clutching the back of Joonmyun’s shirt like a lifeline.

Joonmyun chuckled tiredly, thankful that even though he didn’t have much, he still had the 2 most precious things in the world: his sons. 

 

A/N: this is short and quick. hope you like it. inspired by this. erm i'll probably write a somewhat sequel later but for now i really had to get this off my chest.