faced Baby

The Baby Chronicles:

 

Baekyeol and Fanfan

In

face baby


Baekhyun and Chanyeol loved their 4 year old Wufan a lot. He was so cute when he laughed and when he smiled. He was a very curious child and loved following one or both of his parents around, asking questions and watching everything they did curiously. Wufan loved playing with his parents, they were so fun. He was always grinning at up at his dads because they always had a funny joke for him.

One thing that worried his parents though was Wufan’s serious face. He never smiled or interacted with anyone other than his parents. Baekhyun was worried that Wufan would be lonely because he never seemed to talk to anyone his age. Everytime they went out in public, Wufan never cracked a smile or laughed or even acknowledged other people. Chanyeol had started calling Wufan's mean face "face."

Whenever they dropped him off at the daycare, Wufan would cling to them until the very last minute and when he did pull away, he would have a stone neutral expression on his face. It looked like a glare and scared all the little kids. Even some of the adults were nervous around Wufan.

 

Baekhyun sighed as Chanyeol turned the car off in front of the daycare. They both turned around to look at their son who was frowning at the window. Baekhyun smiled at him.

“Baby, we know you don’t like being away from us but you have to make some friends.”

Wufan huffed and crossed his arms, ignoring his dad.

Chanyeol chuckled, “How about we take you out for ice cream when we come pick you up?”

Wufan’s frown softened and Baekhyun & Chanyeol knew they had him. A few seconds later, Wufan dropped his arms and looked at his parents, “Ice cream?”

Baekhyun nodded, his eye-smile becoming more prominent. He held up a finger, “But only if you bring a friend along.”

Wufan huffed again, turning back to the window, already choosing to just not get the ice cream.

Chanyeol sighed and turned around to look at his son, “Fan, there’s a picnic today and you guys will be visiting another daycare. Surely, there’ll be some kids that won’t get on your nerves there.”

Wufan didn’t move but he was secretly taking in the information. A picnic at a new daycare? He’ll see what he can do.

Baekhyun chuckled, he knew his son wanted the ice cream.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun got out of the car, Chanyeol opening the door for Wufan to climb out of the back. They walked up the stairs to the daycare building, Wufan gripping one of his parents’ hands in each of his. They walked in and a man in his early 20s walked to them, “Hello there Mr. Baekhyun, Mr. Chanyeol.”

Wufan watched his parents greet the daycare worker. He scowled when the man kneeled in front of him and grinned, “Hi there Wufan! Are you ready for a fun day today! We have so much fun stuff planned for you today!”

Baekhyun picked Wufan up when he didn’t respond. Chanyeol was trying to disguise his laughter as a sneeze. Wufan continued to glare at the man until he backed up. Baekhyun sighed and poked Wufan’s nose. “Hey. Stop it.”

Wufan turned his head to glare at him but then smiled softly when he saw Baekhyun cross his eyes.

A woman in her early 30s walked out from one of the back rooms. She grinned when she saw the family of 3 standing in the lobby.

“I knew I felt the temperature get colder. Hey Wufan.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol snorted. Wufan couldn’t help it. He cracked a smile and Baekhyun put him back down. He ran over to the lady and lifted his arms up, silently demanding asking her to pick him up. She playfully frowned and groaned as she lifted him up and placed him on her hip.

Chanyeol smiled at the woman, “Hello Ms. Hikaru.”

She playfully shook a fist at the 2 dads, “I’ve told you a million times not to call me that! My name is Utada, darn it!”

Wufan giggled and wrapped his arms around her, buring his face in her neck. He closed his eyes as his parents bid them goodbye.

When his parents left, he was completely still until he felt a poke to his side. His head shot up and he looked at Ms. Utada. She was watching him, her eyes glittering with amusement.

Utada pretended to scold him, “Yah! No sleeping. We have a bunch of crap to do today!”

Wufan giggled again as she carried him to the background where the other children were. She set him  down and he immediately walked to a back corner, grabbing one of the big blankets from a kiddie table and making a comfortable nest for himself.

Utada watched Wufan arrange the blanket until it looked like a big comfy beanbag and then watched as he walked towards the bookshelf, grabbing a book and heading back to lay down.

A little boy walked over and sat down next to Wufan, neither of them speaking a word as Wufan read and the little boy closed his eyes, preparing to go to sleep.

Utada shook her head. The only 2 babies that were quiet and cold to the other children were Wufan and Sungjong. Wufan never talked to anyone and Sungjong always had a ‘judging you’ face.

The never talked to each other but they were always together, ignoring everyone else. Sungjong began hanging with Wufan when one of the little girls started making fun of him for looking like a girl. When they first started sitting together, some of the older kids walked over and began calling Sungjong names and making fun of him. One glare from Wufan sent them all running and Sungjong stuck with Wufan since then.

An hour passed and soon all the little kids had arrived. The adults were running around trying to get everyone ready so they could all get on the bus and head to the other daycare, where the picnic would be.

Utada walked over and picked up a sleeping Sungjong, Wufan grabbed Sungjong’s bag as well as his own before grabbing Utada’s free hand and walking with her to the big school bus. On the bus, Utada sat in the back with Wufan, holding a still sleeping Sungjong. She told Wufan jokes that made him giggle and clap his hands. He was such a cute kid.

When they arrived at the daycare, Utada woke Sungjong up and walked behind the 2 babies off the bus. Wufan grabbed Sungjong’s hand when they stepped off the bus, pulling him close when he saw all the babies. It had to be at least 50 kids!

Sungjong stepped behind Wufan, clinging on to him as his wide eyes scanned the place.

“SUNGJONGIE!!! OVER HERE!! SUNGJONGIIEEEE!!! LOOK! MAKNAE LOOK AT ME!!! OVER HERE!!!”

Both Sungjong and Wufan saw a group of 6 boys jumping around, waving their arms as they yelled for the boy. Sungjong let go of Wufan and took off towards the group. Wufan watched as the boy got dogpiled by the bigger boys and shrugged before searching for a deserted spot.

The backyard of the big daycare was huge and there were a lot of trees and stuff everywhere. Wufan found a big tree towards the back of the property and sat down. From his little spot, he could see everything. Wufan nodded before making himself comfortable in the shady spot.

 

A few meters away from Wufan was a group of 7 boys. 3 were pretty small and they seemed to be getting bullied by the bigger 4. Wufan’s eyebrows furrowed as he watched the little boys get shoved around. There was a tiny blonde who was probably 3 and another black-haired baby that looked to be the same age. Another black-haired boy might have been 4.

The tiny blonde fell to the ground and scraped his knee, he began crying and the other 2 little boys, rushed to him to protect him from the other shoves.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol taught Wufan that bullying was horrible and he should always stand up for others. That was why Sungjong stuck with him.

Wufan stood up and made his way over to the group of bullies. He walked around and stood in front of the boys on the ground. The tiny blonde was still crying and his 2 friends were hugging him, trying to calm him down. Wufan glared at the bullies, “Leave them alone.”

One of the bullies stepped forward, “Oh yeah? What are you gonna do?”

Wufan’s glare turned even colder and the bully backed up, “Let’s go get some food you guys.”

Wufan continued to glare at the bullies as they ran quickly walked away from him. Then he turned around and looked at the 3 boys who had managed to stand up and were watching him.

His glare went away and he looked at them. “I’m Wufan.”

The tiny blond ran over and hugged him, giggling “You saved me!”

Wufan wrapped his arms around the little boy and looked at the other 2, who were still watching him nervously. Finally the boy on the left spoke up, “I’m Chen and the one hugging you is Sehun.”

The other boy spoke after, “I’m Zitao.”

Wufan nodded, “I’m 5.” He looked down at Sehun, who was still giggling and clinging to him, “He must be 3.”

Chen nodded, “Yeah, I’m 4 and Sehun and Tao are 3.”

Wufan nodded, “You can sit with me from now on.” He led them over to his shaded spot and they all got comfortable.

Wufan soon learned that Sehun was very talkative when happy and he also liked to touch people. Tao was also hyper and Chen was a jokester.

The 4 boys (well the 3 boys) started telling Wufan why they were bullied and Sehun began telling his hyungs stories that happened to him. Soon it was time to eat and Wufan led the 2 boys to the big table where the joined the line for food.

As they ate, the 2 maknaes shared stories about their times at the daycare. Wufan learned that Tao and Chen were neighbors and Sehun’s parents were best friends with Chen’s parents. The 4 boys got closer and soon Wufan was comfortable enough to smile and laugh with the others.

When Wufan smiled, the other 3 babies froze and just stared at him. He looked at them, “What?”

Sehun’s jaw had dropped and he was just watching while Chen had stopped eating, hamburger halfway to his mouth. Tao was the one to answer, “You just smiled!”

That snapped both Sehun and Chen out of their trances and Sehun quickly put his plate to the side and climbed into Wufan’s lap, giggling as he made himself comfortable. Wufan didn’t know what to say so he reached over and picked up Sehun’s plate, starting to feed him little cut up pieces of his hotdog.

Tao and Chen continued to tell jokes, trying to get Wufan to laugh and soon they were telling him all kinds of things as Wufan laughed and smiled as he fed Sehun baked beans with a colorful spoon.

When everyone had finished eating, the adults announced it was play time and they had activitie planned. Chen groaned and none of the 4 made any moves to get up and go to the large group. They continued to talk and after 5 minutes, Utada found her little stone-faced friend.

She put her hands on her hips, “So this is where you’ve been hiding. And who are these adorable little babies?”

Wufan grinned at her and she was shocked because Wufan never smiled around other children. Utada sat down, completing the little formed circle.

Wufan introduced the 3 as his friends and Utada felt herself tear up. She wiped at her eyes and found a weight in her lap. It was Zitao. His dark eyes were round and he was pouting. He had climbed into her lap and wrapped his arms around her neck, “Don’t cwy Ms. Dada.”

Utada aww’ed and wrapped her arms around the little boy’s torso, “I won’t.”

Chen was watching her curiously and she smiled at him. He beamed back and scooted closer, nestling into her side. Sehun was playing with Wufan’s fingers sleepily and Wufan was watching him.

Utada sat with the 3 boys until the picnic ended. Little Chen had a thousand funny jokes and  Tao was adorably cute when he laughed. They stood up, Utada grabbing the sleeping Sehun so Wufan could stand up, and walked back into the building.

Since it was a little late in the afternoon, all the parents had to pick their children up from the picnic area. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were standing next to their car, silently hoping Wufan made at least 1 friend. They did not expect to see Wufan walk out leading 3 boys to them. Wufan was holding a hand and that boy was holding a hand, and that boy was holding hands. It was like a little train and Wufan was the leader.

Wufan stopped in front of his parents, the tiny blonde bumped into his back and clung to his shirt, cutely nestling his face into Wufan’s shirt.

Wufan looked up at his parents.

“Look.” He held up his joined hands.

Baekhyun grabbed Wufan and picked him up, swinging him around, yelling, “My baby! I’m so proud of you! You made 3 friends!”

Wufan giggled as his dad pressed kisses all over his face.

Chanyeol knelt in front of the 3 confused boys, “I’m Chanyeol, and he is Baekhyun. We’re Wufan’s parents. Where are your parents?”

The 3 boys eyes widened when the tall man began speaking. His voice was so deep!

Just then a shrill voice could be heard.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN’T SEEN HIM ALL DAY?! HOW DO YOU LOSE A 4 YEAR OLD IN HIS OWN DAYCARE?! I SHOULD SUE THE HELL OUT OF THIS PLACE?! WHERE THE HELL IS MY BABY?!”

Chen blushed and looked down. There was his mom.

Lay stormed away from the daycare operator, fuming. He stomped to his car but saw his son standing with his 2 friends and a tall man. He rushed over and picked Chen up, “BABY! MY BABY! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOUNG MAN?! I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU?! DON’T YOU GO WALKING AWAY FROM THE GROUP LIKE THAT?! WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO YOU?!”

Chen was turning redder and redder as his mom squeezed him and kissed his head repeatedly. Suho appeared and walked over to the group. He smiled at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who had put Wufan back down.

“I’m sorry about him. He’s a little over-protective.”

Lay glared at him as he continued to kiss Chen.

“Lay! I swear these people are going to kick you guys out if you keep causing a ruckus like that!”

2 blonde men appeared from where Lay and Suho had come from. “Sehun! What do you think you’re doing? Being so far away from the adults like that!”

Sehun had run over to the men and wrapped his little arms around each of their legs. Luhan giggled and Xuimin grinned as he picked up the toddler, swinging him around and kissing his nose.

Wufan was holding Tao’s hand as they watched Chen and Sehun’s parents scold their children.

Another voice was soon heard. Whoever it was was getting frantic.

“Tao?! Baby?! Where are you Taozi?! PANDA! WHERE ARE YOU?”

Tao shouted, “MAMA!”

Runnning footsteps could be heard and soon a wide-eyed male appeared, large eyes scanning the area before zoning in on his son. A tan-skinned male was behind him.

Kyungsoo scooped his baby up and clutched him tightly to his chest, tears running down his face. He was murmuring into a squirming Tao’s head.

Lay had finally calmed down and turned to the 3 people he didn’t know. Chanyeol smiled, “I’m sorry. We’re Wufan’s parents and he wanted to show us his new friends.”

Baekhyun stepped forward, “We told him we’d take him out for ice cream only if he made a friend. We didn’t mean to scare any of you. I’m Baekhyun and this is Chanyeol.”

Lay sighed and smiled at the couple, “It’s ok. Our boys used to have a hard time making friends too. They’re only friends with each other. So we understand.”

Sehun was squirming and when Xuimin finally put him down, he waddled over behind Wufan and wrapped his arms around his waist. The top of his head was barely visible over Wufan’s shoulder. His little eyes peeked over Wufan’s shoulder, “Mine.”

Luhan and Xuimin gasped, Luhan’s eyes watering. Sehun never ever talked to anyone outside of their little group. So to see him claming a complete stranger was very heart-warming.

Chanyeol cleared his throat, “Well we promised our son to take him and his friends out for ice cream. And we never break our promise. May we treat you all to icecream?”

Suho smiled brightly, “Well we should probably introduce ourselves. I’m Suho and that’s my husband Lay.”

One of the blonde men spoke too, “I’m Xuimin and this is my drama-queen husband Luhan.”

Luhan scoffed and smacked his arm.

The tanned male spoke for the first time, “I’m Jongin and Kyungsoo, over there, is my husband as well.”

Baekhyun smiled at them. “Nice to meet you all, now how about that ice cream?”

Everyone murmured in agreement and began to head to their cars. Sehun didn’t let go of Wufan and Tao and Chen were each holding Wufan’s hands.

Kyungsoo sighed, “Oh alright. You have our permission to ride with Wufan. But you need to ask Mr. Chanyeol and Mr. Baekhyun.”

3 pairs of watery eyes turned to Baekhyun. Tao’s lower lip trembled, “Mr. Chanyolk, Mr. Bacon can we ride with you?”

Baekhyun squealed and kneeled in front of the boys, swallowing them up in a big hug. Sehun giggled and was soon attached to his leg.

Chanyeol chuckled, “Of course you can! Do your parents have car seats for you boys?”

That question had Tao and Chen taking off to their parents cars to grab their car seats. Sehun waddled up to Luhan and looked at him with big eyes. Luhan sighed, “Fine, I’ll get your seat.”

Sehun beamed and walked back over to Baekhyun lifting his arms to be picked up.

As the boys were getting their car seats ready, another voice, this time a woman’s, rose up over the crowd of people.

“WHERE IS WUFAN?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY’RE NOT HERE?! I WILL BURN THIS PLACE DOWN! HOW DO YOU LOSE 3 KIDS WHO BELONG TO THIS DAYCARE!? YOU BETTER FIND THOSE DAMN BABIES OR I WILL SUE YOU SO BADLY YOUR GRANDCHILDREN WILL BE PAYING FOR THIS?!”

Chanyeol laughed loudly and Utada’s head whipped around to see the giant man a few meters away from the group. She bolted over and almost fainted in relief when she saw the 4 babies staring at her with wide eyes. She dropped to her knees and grabbed them all in a big hug. Once again, little Sehun giggled as he hugged her back.

She stood up and dusted her knees off, turning red when she noticed 6 people watching her. She cleared as Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughed.

“I’m Utada Hikaru, I work in the daycare Wufan goes to. I’m sorry about that but I was a little worried.”

The 3 groups of parents gave her reassuring smiles and introduced themselves. Before they could start a conversation with her, Sehun shouted ‘ice cream’ at the top of his lungs. He was trying to get to the ice cream and they were getting distracted.

Everyone chuckled at the little boy’s lisp and soon the 4 boys were secure in their car seats in the back of Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s big Escalade.

Utada agreed to get ice cream and soon they were all headed to the local ice cream shop.

After 20 minutes of indecision on which flavor (courtesy of the 2 maknaes), they all were seated and enjoying their frozen treats. The parents sat in a big booth and their babies sat with Utada in the neighboring booth.

Sehun and Tao were sitting on either side of Utada and Chen and Wufan were sitting across from them. The two 3-year-olds were talking loudly, telling the woman all their stories as she laughed and wiped their faces.

In the parents’ booth, they were all getting to know each other.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol told the other parents that they worked for the same company, Baekhyun in the marketing department and Chanyeol in the finance department. Lay worked as a painter and photographer while Suho was an accountant. Luhan was a model and Xiumin was psychiatrist. Jongin was also a model and Kyungsoo was worked behind the scenes for a television station.

The topic soon turned to their sons. Baekhyun told them of Wufan’s issues with the daycare and the children.

Lay and Kyungsoo were sympathetic. “Why don’t you put Wufan in the daycare with our sons?”

Lay nodded, agreeing with Kyungsoo, “Yes, I’m sure he’ll have a much better time there.”

Baekhyun nodded, “We’ve thought about it but we can’t leave Utada. Utada has been a friend of mine since middle school.”

Lay and Kyungsoo nodded in understanding. Luhan spoke up, “Well what about we just pay Utada to watch the boys. I’m sure if we all paid her, there wouldn’t be a difference in pay.”

Lay’s eyes lit up, “That would be a great idea! Little Chen can’t stand the daycare runners there. I swear that boy has made it his mission to get everyone fired or to quit!”

Kyungsoo nodded, “Tao doesn’t like them either. He came home with a bruise on his side and told me that the other boys were bullying him again and the adults didn’t stop it! That wasn’t the first time I went down there and had a screaming match with the supervisor.”

Jongin chuckled, “Kyungsoo ended up getting majority of the staff fired.”

Baekhyun smiled, “Well it does seem like a good idea. We’ll talk to her about it.”

The parents continued discussing the details: where they could stay, how long they should be watched, etc.

 

2 weeks later, Wufan was woken up by a small body jumping onto him. Another, smaller body was sliding under the sheets, cuddling next to him. The 3rd body was also under the sheets.

Wufan opened his eyes and found Tao laying on him, grinning. Sehun was attached to Wufan’s side, his thumb in his mouth and eyes closed. Chen was laying on the other side of Sehun, arms wrapped around the tiny boy’s waist.

Wufan slid over, thankful he got his parents old full-sized bed. Tao climbed under the sheets and cuddled into his other side and the 4 babies went back to sleep.

Utada walked into the room and laughed at the sight. She’d sent the 3 babies up here to wake up Wufan, but a part of her knew what was really going to happen.

She didn’t have the heart to wake them up so she went back downstairs and began cooking breakfast.

 

A/N: This actually wasn't supposed to end like this. It was really supposed to be just Wufan being an to everyone buuuttt.... It also wasn't supposed to be this long buuuuutttt.... Hope you like it! I'm actually proud of it! I feel like it's different from other baby stories but feel free to let me know if you disagree!

Much love muchachos <3