Mischievous Baby

The Baby Chronicles:

Lay and Sehun love little Luhannie with all their hearts, but sometimes they weren't sure if he loved them more than he loved pranking... 


Luhan had a talent for playing pranks. Sehun blamed it on their neighbors Kris and Tao’s baby, Chen. That little boy was the devil.

Luhan proved himself to be a great trickster. When he was 3, he hid in their backyard for an hour, giggling while his parents ran around, going crazy searching for him. When he was 4, he locked his babysitter out of the house. At 5, his appa Sehun built him a tree house. Luhan had somehow managed to get every cat in the neighborhood in that tiny tree house. These were only the really big stunts he’d pulled. There were countless others.

Lay and Sehun were worried. Luhan was growing and so were his trouble-making skills. Right before his sixth birthday, Luhan poured cooking oil in the upstairs hallway while his parents were in their room. Neither of them knew how he got his hands on so much oil or what made him come up with such a dangerous prank. Luhan got the spanking of a lifetime for that stunt.

 

One warm summer day, 6 year old Luhan was sitting in the tiny tree house, swinging his feet over the edge and thinking of ways to curb his boredom. He thought of putting a golf ball in the water hose and then turning the hose on. He quickly shook his head, that was so 2 years ago.

Maybe he could glue all of his mama’s kitchen cabinets shut. No, he’d done that when he was 3.

Maybe put makeup all over his sleeping appa. Nope, he and Chen did that last year. Luhan got a spanking and no dessert for a week for that one.

He thought about throwing eggs on passing cars. No, his appa took his slingshot because he was slinging dog crap at the house across the street.

Maybe he could tie a long piece of string on each side of the street. Wait, he didn’t have string.

Luhan huffed. All his ideas were either done before or too complicated.

After sitting for another 15 minutes, Luhan snapped his fingers and beamed. He had it! The perfect idea!

Luhan carefully climbed down from his treehouse and ran inside the house. He tiptoed up the steps to his parents room and peeked in to make sure his appa was still asleep.

Sure enough, Sehun was lying across the bed, mouth hanging open as he breathed deeply. Luhan grinned when he realized his father was practically unconscious.

Luhan then tiptoed to his mama’s work room and ransacked the drawers for clear tape.

Crap, no such luck! Luhan sat down to think about where he could get tape. The big hardware store was 10 blocks away and the last time Luhan tried to go in there, the manager called his mama and he got a spanking.

Luhan huffed. A few minutes later, he snapped his fingers and beamed. The laundry room!

His appa had a file cabinet in there that held all their tools and other stuff. Luhan scurried down the stairs and to the back of the house. The door to the laundry room was in the kitchen to the left.

Little Luhan peeked in the kitchen and scanned the room, making sure his mama wasn’t around. If he was, Luhan would surely get in trouble.

Anytime Luhan went into the laundry room, it meant trouble. His parents figured this out after he flooded the entire downstairs with detergent bubbles, he took some nails and screws and, with the guidance of Chen, began nailing random things into the walls, and after he put rocks in the dryer.

Baby Luhan cost his parents thousands of dollars of repairs.

Luhan quickly scampered across the big kitchen and dove into the laundry room. It was still light enough to see in the room so he didn’t turn the light on as he went straight to the file cabinet.

He dug through the bottom cabinet but couldn’t find what he was looking for so he moved onto the drawer above it. He didn’t find it in there either so he opened the door to the dryer and climbed up. Once he was on top of the dryer, he opened the second top drawer in the file cabinet and rummaged around.

Luhan huffed as he didn’t see the clear tape. It had to be in the top drawer. Luhan stood on tiptoes and yanked open the drawer. He forced himself up higher on his toes as his little arms moved around the drawer.

A squeal echoed throughout the room as Luhan lost his balance and clung to the top drawer. He stayed completely still, hoping his appa hadn’t woken up. When he was satisfied that he wasn’t going to get in trouble, Luhan looked down.

Uh oh. How was he supposed to get down?! Luhan took a few deep breaths to calm himself. Chen always told him, never panic because if you do, you’re more likely to get caught. When Luhan had calmed down, he looked back into the drawer.

Aha! Found it! Luhan squirmed and forced his body to climb up into the drawer. He managed to get his upper body hanging over the cabinet so he reached out and grabbed the giant roll of tape with his right hand.

Success! He’d gotten it! Luhan put his little fist through the hole in the roll of tape and let it slide down his arm, stopping at his shoulder. Now, all he had to do was figure out a way to get down. Luhan looked around, he could try to get back onto the dryer but that might tip the file cabinet over and end horribly.

He could jump. Luhan quickly pushed that idea aside. That was the last resort.

He could use the other drawer handles to climb down. Luhan swung his legs, smiling when his foot caught the handle. He balanced both the tips of his shoes on the drawer handle and shifted his body until he was facing the file cabinet. Then he used his upper body to push the top drawer closed.

Once it was closed, Luhan grabbed the handles and eased his way down. When his feet were on the ground, Luhan began jumping up and down, pumping his fists in the air.

He quickly finished his little victory dance and then ran back out of the laundry room, careful to close the door behind him. Luhan ran back upstairs to his mama’s workroom and grabbed the pair of safety scissors. For some reason, his parents didn’t trust him with the big scissors… especially after he tried giving the cat from down the street a haircut.

Luhan then ran back to his parents room and pulled a long strip of tape from the roll. He cut it with his safety scissors and attached one end to one side of the doorway and the other end of tape to the other side of the doorway. He made sure that the strip of tape was a few inches off the ground before securing it.

He went around and taped the bottom of every door way in the house, his parents’ bathroom, the bathroom in the hallway, the big living room archway, the dining room, the kitchen, the laundry room, the guest room, and the guest bathroom. Last but not least, Luhan snuck back downstairs and opened the front door. He pulled another long strip of tape from the roll and snipped it with his scissors.

Luhan peeked outside to make sure his mama wasn’t coming in, then he put the last piece of tape in the bottom of the doorway. He thought about taping the bottom of their porch entry way but thought against it. He then went around adding an extra layer of tape to every doorway, making sure it was thick and wouldn’t come off.

When he was done, Luhan ran up to his room and hid the roll of tape under his bed. Then he climbed in bed and waited.

Waiting got boring and soon Luhan yawned. He fell asleep, hoping his appa would wake up.

 

About an hour later, Sehun got a call from Lay, telling him that Lay was almost home. Sehun got off the bed and walked to the door, ready to check on his son.

On his way out of the door, he tripped and fell on his hands and knees. What the heck was that?!

Sehun looked behind him but didn’t see anything on the floor. He got up and frowned, heading to Luhan’s room. He saw Luhan wrapped up in a blanket on his bed, breathing softly.

Sehun smiled, when Luhan wasn’t getting into trouble he was an angel. Sehun walked over to Luhan and kissed his forehead, rubbing his head. Luhan snuggled towards his father and Sehun’s grin widened. Luhan was adorable.

Sehun stood up and walked downstairs to open the door for his husband. Lay shut his car door and headed to the house. He walked up the steps and crossed the porch.

As he stepped into the house, he tripped and fell into his husband’s chest. Sehun chuckled as he helped Lay stand up, “That excited to see me, huh?”

Lay snorted and smacked his husband’s chest, “Oh shut up. I just tripped over something.”

They both looked at the door but didn’t see anything. Sehun thought back to the incident earlier but he brushed it off. “Lulu’s sleeping. Why don’t we make dinner together?

Lay laughed softly as he pecked his husband on the lips, “You mean why don’t I get started on dinner and you just help get me ingredients?”

Sehun grinned and wrapped his arms around Lay, “Isn’t that what I said?”

They both chuckled and kissed each other. Soon, they were making out in their front hallway. Thank God Luhan was still asleep.

Sehun took Lay’s bag and coat and headed back upstairs to put them away while Lay headed to the kitchen to get dinner started. When he walked into the kitchen, Lay tripped but managed to catch himself before he fell. He huffed and looked back, what in the hell was going on?

He shook his head and washed his hands before walking around the kitchen and pulling out all the things he would need.

Sehun tripped again on his way back into the bedroom. He grunted as he fell on his hands and knees again, thankful for their carpeted floors. He hung Lay’s coat up in the closet and set his bag down at the door before walking to the bathroom. He stumbled going in but ignored it since his bladder was screaming. When he was done, Sehun kneeled down in the bathroom and eyed the doorway. He saw a glint and narrowed his eyes, no way.

Sehun ran his hand down the wall on either side of the doorway and found the edges of the clear tape. He ripped the pieces of tape off the doorway, furious. Luhan.

Sehun walked back into the bedroom and turned the ceiling light on. Sure enough, there was glinting coming from the doorway. He ripped the tape off the door and balled it up before heading downstairs.

He opened the front door and turned the porch light on, using his foot to pull the tape off the doorway. He added that to the already medium-sized ball in his hand and walked to the kitchen. He tripped going in and groaned as he ripped the tape from the doorway.

Lay turned around and raised an eyebrow at him. Sehun huffed, holding up the big ball of tape, “Your son.”

Lay didn’t know what he was feeling. He was confused as to how Luhan managed to get the tape. He was mad at Luhan for pulling such a careless, harmful prank. He was mad at himself for not figuring it out earlier. He was also proud of his son’s creativity.

They both walked upstairs to their sons room and found there was no tape in his doorway. Yep, he was the one behind the idea.

They walked in and turned the big ceiling light on.

Luhan wined as he tried to pull the covers over his head. His eyes opened wide to see both his parents leaning over him with stern looks on their faces.

He shot up and hugged Lay, “MAMA!”

Lay hugged him back but then gently pushed him away, “Don’t act all innocent mister. You know what you did?”

Luhan tried to play innocent but his eyes grew wide when Sehun held up the ball of tape. He nervously looked down.

Lay sighed, “Lu.. You know you shouldn’t play pranks on people. And this prank was dangerous!”

Luhan pouted. The only bad thing about being a great prankster was getting in trouble afterwards. He nodded as his mama continued to scold him. When Lay finished scolding him, he asked Luhan how many swats on the he deserved.

Luhan thought for a minute then spoke quietly, “7…”

Both Sehun and Lay sighed as Sehun pulled Luhan over his lap and swiftly delivered 7 hard smacks to Luhan’s tiny bottom. When he was done, Sehun pulled Luhan up into a sitting position on his lap and held him as he cried softly into his shoulder.

Sehun rocked him, “It’s ok. You know what you did wrong so you won’t do it again, right?”

Luhan sniffled and nodded. His appa really was heavy-handed. Lay smiled softly at him as he ruffled his hair, “Now you, little man, are going to go and take the tape off of every doorway in the house. Understand?”

Luhan sighed and nodded, climbing down from his appa’s lap and walking out of the room with his head down. Sehun and Lay shared a look before going downstairs.

Luhan didn’t know it but Lay had started a collection of Lu-pranks. Lay often took pictures of the pranks Luhan commited and he had quite a large collection so far. As he was walking to the kitchen, Lay snapped a picture of Luhan taking the tape off the living room doorway.

Lay and Sehun were finishing making dinner when Luhan walked into the kitchen holding a big ball of wadded up tape.

Sehun hugged Luhan and took the ball of tape, throwing it into the trashcan.

Luhan was still sulking, he didn’t know his punishment was going to be that bad. He also never knew that taking strips of tape off of doorways was that hard. It took him like a gazillion years to get all the tape from around the house.

Baby Luhan couldn’t stay upset for long because his appa picked him up and held him while they watched Lay finish flipping the burger patties.

The family of 3 soon sat down and ate, Luhan happily explaining every detail of his prank to his secretly-proud parents.

 

A week later when Lay was doing his usual house cleaning, he tripped over seemingly nothing when he walked into the guest bathroom.

“Luhaaann!!”

Luhan peered around the doorway. He chuckled nervously, “Oops… hehe… I forgot one.”

 

 

 

A/N: inspired by a text message i got from my sister... then i looked it up and saw this video