Nice Baby

The Baby Chronicles:

Joonmyun & Jongin + Baby Kyungsoo in

Nice Baby

 

Joonmyun and Jongin really loved Kyungsoo and were dedicated to raising him right. They taught him how to be generous and to be cautious. Kyungsoo paid close attention and so far was doing the right things he’d been taught. But one lesson that never seemed to stick with him was to never talk to strangers.

His parents had to constantly remind him to stay away from people he didn’t know. Every time they gave him a stern reminder, the wide-eyed toddler would nod cutely and hug each of his appas’ legs. Then he’d run off and make new friends “cus they looked lonely.”

It usually wasn’t a huge problem because Kyungsoo would find other babies or teenagers. There were times when Joonmyun or Jongin would stop at a red light and Kyungsoo would maneuver his way out of his car seat just to be able to wave at the homeless person on the corner.

 

One day the family of 3 was standing in line at Dairy Queen, finally taking a break after 3 hours of shopping courtesy of Joonmyun. The line was fairly long and 5 year-old Kyungsoo had quickly gotten bored. He spotted a stroller further up the line and looked at it curiously. He tugged on his father’s pants leg and looked up at him, pointing at the stroller.

Joonmyun smiled down at him before following his little finger. He sighed, “Fine, but stay where we can see you ok?”

Kyungsoo’s little face lit up and he waddled over to the stroller to peek inside.

 

1 year old Sehun was giggling as he played with his fingers, when he saw a head peek into his stroller. He and the stranger watched each other curiously before the stranger disappeared. Sehun’s little jaw dropped, where it go?!

Slowly an eye reappeared and Sehun cocked his head to the side, watching it.

The eye crinkled up into a crescent and Sehun giggled. The eye widened back out before crinkling up again. Sehun laughed and clapped his hands, enjoying the magic show. The eye continued crinkling up before widening and little Sehun was really enjoying himself until the eye disappeared again. Sehun froze. Where does that thing keep going?!

Kyungsoo lowered himself off his tiptoes and walked around to the front of the stroller. Sehun, who had been glaring at the spot where the eye had been, was on the verge of crying until he caught movement in front of him.

His head snapped forward as he saw the eye slowly appear in front of him. Kyungsoo stood in front of the stroller and the 2 babies had a sort of staring contest before Sehun started giggling again because now there were 2 round things! Kyungsoo’s eyes crinkled up again as he smiled at the little baby, making Sehun laugh and clap his hands more.

 

Joonmyun and Jongin were reminiscing their high school days when little Kyungsoo came back…. With an attachment.

The little 5 year old was holding a baby.

Joonmyun’s eyes widened and he quickly knelt down in front of his son, “Baby, why are you holding a baby?”

Kyungsoo held the 1 year old closer to his chest, possessively, “Mine.”

Jongin and Joonmyun shared a look, they didn’t know what to do.

“Where’d you get your baby Soo?”

Kyungsoo turned around, one hand coming up to point at 2 men who were standing in line and were watching in amusement. One of the men was holding a juicebox and a bag of animal crackers.

Joonmyun sighed and shoved his husband, who had started laughing hysterically. He turned to look at Kyungsoo, who was watching him with wide eyes. The baby in his arms was being held awkwardly, being a little more than half the size of Kyungsoo. Even though it looked uncomfortable, the little 1 year old seemed content.

Joonmyun pinched the bridge of his nose, he didn’t want to be the bad guy.

“Baby, you know you can’t really keep him right?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes began to water as he tightened his grip on his new toy, “B-b-but appa said I pay for something, I can keep it! A-and I paid!”

Joonmyun shot a glare over his shoulder at his still sniggering husband. Jonging finally calmed down and knelt down next to him.

“Kyungie, what if someone took you away from us? Wouldn’t you miss us?”

Kyungsoo’s watery eyes got wide, he loved his appas! He didn’t want to be away from them!

Jongin watched as Kyungsoo looked at the ground sadly and nodded.

“Don’t you think your little friend would miss his parents too?”

Kyungsoo didn’t look up from the ground as he nodded again. Kyungsoo made eye contact with the baby and gave a small smile when the little hands reached up and grabbed his face.

He pouted at his appa and clutched the baby to his chest but one stern look from his Joonmyun appa had him walking slowly back to the stroller.

Luhan smiled at the sad 5 year old as he picked Sehun up and cradled him. Sehun made himself comfortable in his appa’s arms, making little noise of contentment before sticking a finger in his mouth and closing his eyes.

Kyungsoo sadly looked at the ground, now he was out of a new friend and his snacks. A tap on his shoulder had him looking up at the tall man who was now kneeling in front of him.

Kris smiled at the 5 year old as he handed him his juicebox and animal crackers back. Kyungsoo beamed and threw his arms around the man’s shoulders, snuggling into his neck.

Kris looked back at the boys’ parents to see them watching him with wide eyes and open mouths. He sent them a smile and scooped up the tiny 5 year old in his arms, holding him so he could munch on his crackers comfortably.

When the long finally began moving, Kris and Luhan quickly ordered for themselves and the 2 children and sat down at a table next to the huge fountain, staying in clear sight of Joonmyun and Jongin.

After finally getting their own food, Joonmyun and Jongin walked over to the large table and introduced themselves to Luhan and Kris.

Sehun, who had been sitting in Kris’ lap happily slurping up the applesauce he was being fed, looked at the 2 big strangers sitting with them. The 2 big men smiled and the one next to his appa poked his nose. He laughed and snuggled further into his appa, opening his mouth for the spoonful of applesauce.

Kyungsoo climbed into Jongin’s lap next to Kris and began feeding his appa French fries. He would dip a fry in the red stuff on the tray before holding it up to his appa’s lips.

Joonmyun and Luhan began talking about their families and were soon trading stories of their babies.

Sehun grew full and his eyes were drooping so Kris put down the spoon and grabbed the rag from the baby bag, throwing it over his shoulder and positioning Sehun against his chest. Sehun gave 2 loud burps before giggling and squirming around in his appa’s hold.

Luhan smiled and took Sehun from Kris, swinging the diaper bag over his shoulder. “I’ll be right back.”

Kyungsoo looked at him curiously, “Don’t go. Noooo.”

Luhan laughed softly, “I’m just going to change him.”

Kyungsoo looked across the table at Joonmyun, “I wanna go!”

Joonmyun raised an eyebrow but didn’t object, “Fine. But you stick with Mr. Luhan and don’t go wandering off!”

Kyungsoo distractedly nodded as he scrambled off Jongin’s lap and ran around the table, grabbing a handful of Luhan’s pants’ leg.

Luhan led the 5 year old to the bathroom and sat Sehun down on the baby changing table. Kyungsoo stood on tiptoes next to Sehun’s face, eyes wide as he watched Luhan pull Sehun’s pants down and open the diaper.

His face scrunched up when the smell hit him and he poked Sehun’s cheek, “You stinky.”

Both babies began giggling which made Luhan smile as he quickly changed the diaper and wrapped the dirty diaper up before throwing it away.

The 3 walked back to the table where Jongin and Kris were discussing cars and Joonmyun was texting someone.

Kris looked up as Luhan approached the table. “How about we take a break from shopping and let the kids play for a bit? I doubt Sehun will like it if his new best friend disappeared forever. “

They all looked to where Sehun was squirming in Luhan’s arms to get to Kyungsoo. Luhan bent down so Kyungsoo could grab Sehun. When Sehun was comfortable, after a bit of wiggling around and getting Luhan to adjust him, he happily laid his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder and wrapped his tiny arms around his neck.

Kyungsoo beamed up at the 4 adults who quickly finished eating so they could go to the little play area.

Once they got to the play area, Kyungsoo put Sehun down and they both crawled over to the little play set where Kyungsoo helped Sehun get on top of the slide and they both slid down, screaming happily.

Luhan and Joonmyun began talking about play dates while keeping a close eye on their kids. Jongin and Kris continued their conversation about cars.

Sehun sat on top of the slide on his knees, looking down confusedly at a smiling Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had helped the little baby get up to the top but hadn’t climbed up behind him like he had done before.

Sehun frowned at him as he pointed at himself and babbled in his own language. Kyungsoo smiled brighter and shook his head. He walked around to the front of the slide, ignoring Sehun’s frantic babbling.

By now Sehun was getting frustrated, why wasn’t he coming up?! Kyungsoo stood right in front of the slide and held his arms out. Sehun stopped “talking” and looked at him. Kyungsoo beckoned for Sehun to come to him. Sehun cocked his head and scooted his tush forward. He slid down, giggling, right into Kyungsoo’s arm.

The 2 little giggling babies continued to crawl around and play on the playset while their parents watched over them carefully.

After 45 minutes of resting, Joonyun and Luhan called it a day. They walked over to the playset to see Kyungsoo laying in the opening with Sehun sprawled over top of him, both of them babbling to each other as if they were having a real conversation.

The 2 men couldn’t help but sneakily pull their cameras out and record videos. Luhan bent down to pick up his baby and Joonmyun did the same to his child.

Sehun was overjoyed! He finally made a friend who understood him! He never wanted to leave him, they would be together forever! He pouted when his papa picked him up, reaching out for his new favorite person.

Kyungsoo pouted as his new friend was taken away from him. His little eyebrows furrowed up at his appa when he saw Luhan walk away from them with Sehun.

Joonmyun smiled at his son, “It’s time to go, baby. We’ll see him again soon, ok?”

Kyungsoo stared up at his father, eyes wide and mouth hanging open. They couldn’t be leaving so soon!

He wriggled his way out of his dad’s hold and ran over to the family of 3 who were getting ready to go.

He hesitantly tapped Luhan on the leg, “C-can I say bye?”

Luhan cooed as he nodded and put Sehun down. Sehun, who’s lips were trembling, instantly brightened up when he saw his friend. He crawled over and held his arms up. Kyungsoo picked him up and they clung to each other.

Jongin chuckled, his son was so dramatic. It’s not like they would never see each other again.

Sehun pulled away and began babbling quickly as if rambling off a list of things for Kyungsoo to remember. Kyungsoo babbled back and soon Sehun stopped to hug him close again.

Kyungsoo pulled away this time and the 2 babies stared at each other.

“Say bye kids, we need to be going now.”

Sehun pecked Kyungsoo on the lips before wiggling away and crawling back to his parents. Kyungsoo giggled as he too made his way towards his appas.

The 2 families parted ways after promises of meeting up again for playdates. Kyungsoo waved over Jongin’s shoulder at Sehun, who was happily rocking from side to side in Kris’ arms. The 2 babies continued to wave at each other enthusiastically until they couldn’t see each other anymore.

In the car Kyungsoo was giddy as Joonmyun buckled him into his car seat.

As they drove home, Kyungsoo excitedly told his parents of all the things he and Sehun did at the playplace.

Joonmyun and Jongin held hands as they listened, humming and replying whenever Kyungsoo paused.

When they finally got home, Joonmyun grabbed a sleeping Kyungsoo and Jongin grabbed their bags and they headed into the house. They were happy Kyungsoo made a new friend, hopefully his new friend would keep him from meeting  new strangers in the future.