Forgetting

When I Met You

You woke up the next morning and stared at the person in the mirror. You couldn’t even recognize yourself- red, puffy eyes with dark bags under them. You let out a sad sigh, running your fingers against them.

So this is what happens after break ups? Crying nonstop about a guy that broke my heart? Watching cheesy romantic comedy movies? Eating tubs and tubs full of ice cream?

You dropped your hand limply to your side. You stared at the girl in the reflection.

Is this really who I am?

You let out a sigh before walking back into your bed and wrapping yourself in your blanket. You stared at the wall, as memories ran through your head.

 


Flashback:

“Yeollie! Stop! Put me down!” You squealed as he spun you around, laughing.

“Why should I? All of the guys would want to steal you away from me. And I don’t want that to happen,” He pouted as he softly placed you on the ground. You unlatched your arms from his neck and rewrapped them around his waist. You sighed happily as you snuggled into his chest.

“Yeollie?” You muttered, looking up at him. His eyes met yours with a smile. Your mouth did the same, flashing into a wide smile.

“Yes, Ji?” He grinned, wrapping a protective arm around your waist.

“I love you,” You whispered, squeezing him closer to you.

“I love you too, Eun Ji. I love you too,” He breathed as he tilted his head down. You wrapped your arms around his neck once more, pulling him closer to you. You reached up on your tippy-toes and molded his lips with yours.


You squeezed his hand, making him laugh. The two of you were at the mall, going on a regular weekly date. The people around you stared but you didn’t mind. You were with Chanyeol, after all. He squeezed back, making you jolt up in surprise. You glanced at him, making him laugh even harder.

“Y-Yah! How is this funny, Yeollie?” You pouted, tugging your hand away from his. You stopped walking to place your hands on your hips and stared at him, which made him laugh even more.

“I-It just is!” He laughed, clutching his sides. You let out a grunt before spinning around on your heels and walking away.

“Fine, I’ll just leave then.” You teased, trying your best to act mad. Your mouth twitched up into a small smile as you crossed your arms across your chest and began to walk away.

“J-jagiya!” He stuttered, obviously shocked. He ran up to you, wrapping his arms around your waist, engulfing you into a back hug. Your eyes widened.

“Y-Yeollie?!” You blushed. You tried to pry his arms off of your waist but it was no use. He was a lot stronger than you are.

“Jagiya! Don’t you dare ever leave me! I’m sorry for laughing at you- I really am!” He pouted, resting his chin onto your shoulder. Your face blushed deeper, oblivious to the fact that he knew you were playing with him all along. A few people glanced, wondering what the scene was about.

“You laughed at me. That wasn’t nice at all.” You rolled your eyes as you pried yourself away from him. You faced him, staring into his cute complexion.

“I said I was sorry~” He whined, grabbing onto your hand. You let him, not wanting him to let go.

“Fine, fine.” You rolled your eyes again, before tugging at his hand and pecked him softly on the lips. “Let’s go home.”

His eyes widened, staring right into yours. You let out a giggle as he pouted.

“Not fair! I wasn’t ready!”

“I don’t care! Mehrong!” You stuck out your tongue before dragging him home.


 

A tear escaped your eye as you quickly wiped it away.

Why can’t I just leave already?

You glanced at your phone, torn apart from last night. You sighed before grabbing it and placed it back together. You turned your phone on, noticing a huge spam of phone calls and text messages from Baekhyun.

 

Yah! Why aren’t you picking up your phone?! ):< Call me as soon as you get this!

From: Bae

 

Ji Ji-ah, please answer. I’m really worried about you… \:

From: Bae

 

Eun Ji-ah, please tell oppa you’re okay… don’t do anything stupid! Arraso?!

From: Bae

 

A sad smile covered your lips as you deleted all of the calls and messages.

Sorry Bae, but I’m not really in the mood. I’m sorry, Bae.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stumbled into the apartment which Baekhyun and I share. I fumbled with the keys, pushing random ones into the keyhole. I pushed the door open when I found the right key. I tripped over the shoes that were there, causing me to collapse onto the floor- face first.

“Dude! Yeol! Are you okay?!” I heard Baekhyun call out as he ran towards my fallen body. I let out a groan as the world spun vigorously around me.

“Chanyeol? Are you okay? What happened?” Baekhyun shook my body as he pulled me into a sitting position.

“Argh…” I muttered groggily.

“What happened, man?! Did you drink? I thought you stopped!” Baekhyun scolded as he dragged my body onto the couch. I muttered some unintelligent words before Baekhyun rushed into the kitchen, shaking his head. I laid on the couch, as my head throbbed.

What even happened? I remember running out of the apartment and Baek was yelling at me…

“Here,” Baek sighed, handing me a pill. I glared at the object in his hand and took it hesitantly.

“Wae?” I muttered.

“Why I’m giving you a pill?” He rolled his eyes as he placed a glass of water into my other hand. “Just take it, Yeol.”

I placed the pill on my tongue and brought the cup of water to my mouth. I chugged the pill down with the water, letting it run through my body. I gave the glass back to Baekhyun and closed my eyes, letting my thoughts take over.

What have I gotten myself into?

Hearing Baekhyun scold me was the last thing I remembered until I passed out.