Distraction

When I Met You

Weeks passed by as you continued to sulk in your room, barely eating anything or doing much. You didn’t bother to go anywhere. You didn’t bother to talk to anyone. You didn’t bother to do anything but sleep. Sleep brought you away from everything- away from the pain.

“Argh…” You let out a groan as the sun hit your face. You tossed around, wrapping the blanket around your body and tried to block the sun out. After multiple attempts, you let out a frustrated cry and threw the blanket off of your body.

“Damn sun,” You muttered, cursing under your breath as you waddled into your bathroom. You sighed as you noticed how bad the dark circles under your eyes were.

Boys… they can really have an effect on you. Stupid ones, that is.

You grabbed your toothbrush and quickly brushed your teeth. You spat and rinsed your mouth. You grabbed the concealer and covered the dark circles under your eyes. You glanced at your phone, charging by the sink.

I guess… I should go out. Bae’s been asking me to go with him…

You grabbed your phone and quickly walked into your closet.

Only today, only for Bae.

You unlocked your phone. A small smile escaped onto your lips as you noticed your wallpaper. It quickly faded. You tapped the contacts icon and pressed Baekhyun’s name. You placed your phone to your ear. The phone rang once and Baekhyun answered immediately.

“Ji Ji?” Baekhyun gasped.

“Bae? I have a favor to ask you,” You muttered, shuffling through your closet.

“Anything, Ji Ji.” You could hear his smile through the phone.

“Erm, you know how I haven’t really been… talking to you?” You sigh, tearing up slightly.

“It’s alright, don’t worry about it!” He reassured, smiling.

You let out a sigh, “I’m sorry.”

“Eun Ji-ah,” He sighed, “It’s alright, really.”

You paused, unsure of what to say. You rummaged through your closet. You pulled out a dress and a black knit cardigan.

Perfect.

“Where would you like to go?” He asked after a long pause.

“You wanted to watch that movie… Wreck It Ralph, right?” You asked, changing into the dress.

“Oh my gosh! WRECK IT RALPH?!” He squealed like a fan girl, “Eun Ji, you better hurry your up. I’m going to be there in 10 minutes.”

“Alright,” You let another small smile appear, “See you then?”

“See you then!” The line disconnected right after he said that.

Oh Bae… you never change.

Your phone vibrated, signaling a text. You pressed the envelope as it redirected you to the message.

 

 

Btw, I heard that smile! You can’t fool me! :) Keep smiling! See you in a bit!

From: Bae

 

 

You smiled again, pulling on the cardigan. You pulled out a pair of sheer heart-patterned tights and pulled those on. Another vibration caused you to jump.

 

I bet you smiled after that text, didn’t you? :) Another smile’s coming after this message! ^^
PS. I’m almost there!

From: Bae

 

You pulled on some ankle boots and a mahogany circle scarf before the doorbell chimed, causing you to jump. You quickly ran over to the door, opening it and revealing a smiling face.

“Why hello, Bae.” You answered, inviting him in.

“Why hello to you too, Ji Ji.” Baekhyun grinned, eyeing your outfit. “You look nice today.”

“Why thank you,” You blushed, closing the door behind him.

“So, are you ready?” He asked, offering his arm. You hooked yours in his, pulling your chocolate brown bag over your shoulder. You took a deep breath in before glancing at him.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,”