Chapter 08: Don't...

Red Snow of Fate

The two groups got ready to head to their destination.

The Shi Dae group composed of Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Yoona, Tiffany, and Jessica. All except Jessica were riding in the van. Jessica insisted that she rode her bike to the site, the Dongho Bridge. Tiffany was a bit disappointed to find out that Jessica didn't ride the van but she can't really force Jessica to ride with them. After all, the first time she went to the mission, Jessica didn't appear until later the attack. She was looking outside, keeping an eye on the girl's driving. Sometimes, Jessica would drive a bit farther than them. At first it confused her but she realized that Jessica was trying to clear the way because, after they were able to move faster and non-stop, Jessica returned to a speed that stayed near her window. Jessica's head would turn to the window. Tiffany smiled. Even though she can't see Jessica's face, somehow, she had a feeling that Jessica was looking at her.

The other group had Sooyoung, Sunny, and Yuri. Unlike the Shi Dae members, they were just jumping around the city to their destination, the Dongho Bridge. Building to building, they were at a constant speed, trying to keep a bit of an advantage. Yuri kept an eye on the van and the biker that drove along its side.

Jessica looked up and saw Yuri and the others. Yuri looked back even at the distance. Then the both of them continued on.

 

Dongho Bridge

The Shi Dae group stopped before the bridge itself. They were told that the Deohyeo would appear just on the other side. This was not an uncommon attack. Sometimes, the Deohyeo groups would try to just destroy any junctions of the city. It wasn't a plan. It was just for destruction. They settled on different areas of the perimeter.

Sooyoung, Sunny, and Yuri stayed at a nearby building. Sooyoung's phone rang

"Hello?"

"Ready." At this, Sooyoung nodded to Sunny. Since Yuri led the group last time, it was Sunny's turn to lead them. Yuri handed Sunny a whistle while Sunny covered her face with a black cloth.

"Set." Sunny stepped back to the center of the building. Then she started running.

"Go." At this, Sunny jumped from the building and blew the whistle.

 

Taeyeon heard the whistle.

"It's time. Get ready." She said through the earpiece they had. Then she noticed something.

"Wait. This scent is..." Taeyeon whispered.

"What's wrong?" A voice asked from the earpiece. It was Jessica.

"No. Nothing. Get ready." Taeyeon shrugged the feeling. There's no way Sunny was here.

Everyone in their respective positions got ready.

The Deohyeos were the same in number and in skill. The only difference was their formation. Since the last one didn't work, they have executed a different one. Like last time, the elimination started with Hyoyeon, then Yoona, and Taeyeon. Tiffany cleared off those in her area and this time, the Deohyeo couldn't sneak on her.

Hyoyeon snipped them easily. Their number decreased by a third. Unfortunately, because of their new formation, they were able to survive a bit longer in Hyoyeon's area. The Deohyeo that got through Hyoyeon were now on Yoona's area.

Yoona swung her silver pole at them, from time to time switching from using sonic winds and jabbing them with its ends. An incredible green aura was now surrounding Yoona. Her eyes expressed power as well. With one more swing, her pole hit the Deohyeo and contact with her wavelength force killed the Deohyeo. A half of the two-thirds survive from Yoona's area. Since Yoona specialized in close and range combat, she was able to get most of the Deohyeo. The Deohyeo were smart to have change directions. If they had stayed to try and fight Yoona, they would have died.

With Taeyeon, however, she had a different idea. With her revolvers, surrounded by red piercing aura, she didn't kill any Deohyeo. She tried not to. However, her guns were designed to. One Deohyeo from her area noticed that she was trying not to kill them. He stopped and hid behind a wall. Taeyeon kept trying to disarm them but to no avail, they disintegrated at contact with the bullets. She clenched her teeth in frustration. The other ones fled to Tiffany's area. But the Deohyeo who hid was still there.

Tiffany did a better job this time. She was focused on doing well since she let her guard down last time. She attacked them with her sword and one after another, they were badly wounded. The Deohyeo attacked her with their knives and guns. Their knives were smaller and shorter than her sword so she already had an advantage. The Deohyeo with the guns were a little tougher to handle for her. Most often than not, the bullets would just be a few centimeters from her skin. She knew she had to be faster but in fact, she was already faster than most humans. Unlucky still, a bullet manages to graze the top of her shoulder blade, creating a small wound but there was blood.

 

Like the first time they met, a wind breezed through and Jessica was there. She stood before her, her back facing Tiffany. She slowly turned, not completely, taking a peek at the girl's wound. She instantly caught the scent. It was so captivating yet soothing to resist. slightly opened at the scent, gasping softly revealing small features of her fangs. Tiffany blushed at this, seeing as Jessica seems to desire her blood. She didn't know what to do but she was shocked at what happened next.

Jessica stepped closer to her, her eye colors still brown, a sign she hasn't fallen to her instincts. Jessica had an arm around Tiffany's body to keep her close. She had Tiffany's suit a bit opened, revealing the location of the wound.

Heat and blood were terribly rushing so fast in Tiffany's body. Jessica noticed this but she paid more attention to the wound. It was only a graze but it was still an open wound. She inspected a bit longer then she placed a sterile patch on the wound. She secured it with some adhesive and it was set. She stepped away.

She looked at Tiffany in a certain way at that one moment. The way she looks at... Miyoung. Tiffany saw this look but she didn't know what it was. She did smile when Jessica smiled. The vampire pointed at her wound. Looking at its location or feeling for the wound, she felt the patch's texture under her fingers. Her grazed wound was taken care off. Jessica went away to another area, already calm to know that Tiffany was alright, leaving the girl at her post.

 

Jessica was slicing through the Deohyeo groups with a newly worn emotionless expression. Once the Deohyeo in her area was cleared, she transferred to another near the bridge. The Deohyeo there were setting bombs on the bridge itself. With every corner, they covered the bridge's main points with bombs easily with their inhuman capabilities. Since Jessica was there, the Deohyeo would back off before they got killed. But in doing so, the bombs they placed were removed by Jessica.

Jessica had the bombs at eye's view. Her irises turned blue and the bombs were covered in ice. She looked back at the Deohyeo that were trying to move to another area. She stretched her arm out to them, she was starting to glow blue aura. The sword she had on her outstretched arm was swung and a wave of ice was shot at the Deohyeo. Her eyes were still emotionless but inside, one could see a faint sadness.

"Wow. So cool..." Yoona and Tiffany whispered to themselves at their posts. It was the first time they'll really see Jessica in action. Unlike the first time, only Tiffany saw her and it was just a short time. This was the real thing.

"He said to eliminate them before they will eradicate the bridge. As the leader of the group, I order that the Deohyeo be wounded but not mortally. Don't kill them." Taeyeon ordered the group. Seohyun, who was beside Taeyeon near the van, looked at her shocked. Taeyeon smiled at her which she returned gleefully.

"Roger." The others said. Some of them confused but two were smiling. They were glad that Taeyeon ordered them not to kill the Deohyeo. They were going to help them.

Soon after, there were only five Deohyeo vampires were left. Their feet were frozen on the ground, covered by Jessica's ice. The members let out a shout of triumph. These five were the only ones left. They looked at the Shi Dae group members. They stopped at Jessica.

"Why don't you just kill us?" One of them said.

"Tell me your name." Jessica said with a monotonous voice.

"I... It's Hyun Joong. Kim Hyun Joong." The Deohyeo said. He was the one that hid in Taeyeon's area. Strangely enough, unknown to the members and only known to Jessica, he was the one that stood at the location his feet are frozen to. It was as if he tried to be caught but at the same time, tried to keep his integrity.

"Where is she?" Jessica asked Hyun Joong. His shocked expression gave him away but he was as quick as masking it.

"Who?"

"You know who. If you won't tell me, then where is he?" This time, a different question. The other members kept silent, also because they knew nothing about what's going on.

"Why don't you just kill us? You've got no use from us." He answered. The members saw Jessica sigh. Then, slowly but surely, Jessica melted the ice on their feet, letting then go. The other four Deohyeo looked at her with disbelief. She, who was the Ice Hunter, let them go. What made them special?

 

Taeyeon and Jessica suddenly froze. They caught the scent of another vampire in the area.

"No..." Taeyeon whispered. Jessica looked at her sadly. The others didn't pick it yet and thus were clueless.

"What's wrong?" Tiffany asked while the others looked at the two of them, worried.

"Yoona. Come with us. Hyoyeon, guard everyone here. We'll be right back." Jessica ordered the group.

"And you guys... Stay here and protect them." Jessica said to the five Deohyeo in the group. Taeyeon was still dazed. Jessica placed a hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

"Now." Taeyeon nodded. They took off, leaving Hyoyeon, Seohyun, and Tiffany with the five who looked at her with confusion.

 

"Sunny! Hurry up. They're going after you." Sooyoung said, through an earpiece. Sunny was just jumping from building to building leisurely when Sooyoung spoke through.

"What? Who?" She quickly answered. She picked up her pace while trying to know who it was that was following her.

"Jessica, Yoona... and" As Sooyoung was saying the names, their scent became known to Sunny. But the last one devastated her.

"Taeyeon." Sooyoung finished. Sunny foolishly looked back to see the three gaining on her. What hurt her the most was to see fields of emotion in her mind. It was Taeyeon's mind within hers. There was sadness, disappointment? Confusion and desperation? Desperation to what?

Sunny was still running when she saw Sooyoung and Yuri.

"Hurry up!" Sooyoung shouted.

"Pabo! Why aren't you two running?" Sunny shouted at them.

"Oh yeah." Sooyoung realized. The three of them bolted as the three from the organization followed them. Throughout this pursue, four out of the six really wanted to just vanish. In no time, however, the Shi Dae members caught them. Jessica managed to shoot ice on their feet. Yuri, Sooyoung, and Sunny fell on one top of the building.

Taeyeon stood in front of one of them. One whom she has great desperation of proving she was wrong. The scent was very clear. It doesn't lie. But she still has hopes that she's mistaken.

"Please tell me it's not you..." Sunny heard from Taeyeon's mind as she crouched down before her. Sunny could see her hand tremble as she reached for the cloth that covers her face. It was removed. Taeyeon immediately stepped back and Sunny felt a pang of pain run through her mind. Taeyeon's mind now, it practically screamed hurt, anger, and betrayal.

Before Sunny could say any anything, Taeyeon immediately jumped away. She could see the same look on Yoona's face as she faced Yuri. She saw Jessica.

Jessica removed the ice that made the three immobile. She looked at all three on the ground. She knew she was at fault here. And she intends to make it right.

"You three. Come with me." Seeing no further decision to object, the three followed Jessica and Yoona back to the Dongho Bridge where the others were located.

When they got there, Taeyeon was in the van. She was the only one in the van.

"What happened?" Hyoyeon asked. She saw the three behind Jessica and Yoona. Whoever they were, they must have been trouble.

"Who are you guys?" Tiffany asked. Sunny looked to see the girl who asked and shock was displayed on her face. Jessica noticed this on Sooyoung as well. She looked at Yuri but she only saw her looking at Yoona. She cleared to get the three's attention.

"Oh. Yes. Um... I'm Lee Sunny."

"I'm Choi Sooyoung."

"And I'm Kwon Yuri."

"They are the ones who led the Deohyeos every time we have a mission." Caution spread to Hyoyeon, Seohyun, and Tiffany when they heard that. The five Deohyeo behind them bowed their heads before the three Jessica and Yoona brought in.

"We're very sorry." The others look at them. Then... there was an explosion.

 BAM!

They all turned their heads to the bridge and they saw it crumbling. Jessica looked at the three and the five Deohyeo.

"They were more?!"

"I swear. There isn't anymore! This is not our work."

"Then wh-" The platform they were standing on rocked as the concrete floor cracked under their feet. They all jumped to a nearby building. Hyoyeon helped transfer Seohyun while Jessica did so with Tiffany.

"What was that?!" Taeyeon asked. She was out of the van and was with the group.

"There was an explosion on the bridge. We don't know who did it." Taeyeon looked at Sunny. The look on Taeyeon's face hurt Sunny as she kept her eye contact. Sunny was trying to tell Taeyeon to trust her that it wasn't her work. She was even more hurt when Taeyeon just looked away.

On the building, the five Deohyeo were standing near Sooyoung. Seohyun was with Hyoyeon beside the Deohyeo. Yoona was standing near Yuri. At the front were Sunny beside Taeyeon. Jessica was beside Taeyeon and Tiffany was on the other side of Jessica.

A call was heard. They all turned to look at Sooyoung. She answered the phone.

"Sooyoung here." She placed it on loudspeaker.

"Go now! Take everyone with you or whoever is there. Jessica is in trouble." Thomas said over the phone with an unusually panicked and distraught voice.

 

A while ago, Seocho District

Thomas was sitting in front of his computer, watching both groups fulfill their job. He was shocked when he saw Taeyeon go against his order. He was the founder and she didn't follow orders. Somehow, even though she didn't follow him, he was glad that she made the choice he so believes. He was about to congratulate the Shi Dae Organization for doing really well in the mission. He planned that they will spend time with each other. It was on the next mission will he finally reveals himself to Jessica and the group will fight him. To finish him off. To help him get rid of himself in the world. For his mistake, he had endangered someone dear to both him and Jessica. Now that Jessica is almost happy, the only thing left is to disappear. To forever be erased from her presence.

He took his phone from his table when his ears picked up an explosion from his computer. He surveyed the whole area and was he shocked to find the bridge blown up. His eyes followed the group’s movement. There was something wrong. He saw a Deohyeo. He was not supposed to be there. Then it struck him. He opens his side drawer and his fears were proven.

He picked his phone and quickly dialed a familiar number as he busted out of his apartment. He was running inhumanely fast as the rings on the phone count. Only one thing was going on his mind. Jessica. She is in trouble. Even if he ruins his own plan, he doesn't care. She has to be safe. He already lost one of his two most beloveds. He won't lose another one.

"Sooyoung here." The phone finally put him through. By this time, he was already jumping everywhere just to get to the bridge faster.

"Go now! Take everyone with you or whoever is there. Jessica is in trouble." His voice blasted worry and panic.

"What?" A voice from the other line was heard. Thomas recognized that voice. His panic was lowered a bit. It was Miyoung's voice. But he still was worried.

"Jessica is in trouble. Take her out of there. They are coming for her!" He exclaimed over the phone. All he heard next was another explosion. After a while, his heart burst when he heard the next four words.

"Jessi! Where are you?" Miyoung's voice was heard over the phone.

 

"What?" Tiffany asked. She heard a voice from the phone that Jessica is in trouble. She turned her attention to Jessica. Jessica was just as confused as she was. The only difference was that Jessica was paying attention more to the voice on the other line.

"Jessica is in trouble. Take her out of there. They are coming for her!" The voice said over the phone.

As soon as the voice finished, Tiffany felt being pushed to Taeyeon and an explosion was heard. The last thing Tiffany saw was Jessica's face and she was saying something.

An explosion directed to where she had been standing and smoke. They transferred to another building and when the smoke was gone, Jessica was nowhere.

"Jessi! Where are you?" She shouted. She found that where she was standing was drenched in a pool of water. She heard Taeyeon smell the air.

"Eh! This is sea water. How did it get here?" Taeyeon exclaimed.

"Jessica?!" The voice in the phone interrupted.

"I can't see her." Sooyoung said over the phone. Then the line was cut off. There was silence from the whole group. They looked around to see any sign of Jessica. Taeyeon caught her scent.

"There! Hurry, she's very weak." Taeyeon helped Tiffany as she jumped towards the location of the scent. All of them stopped buildings away from where Jessica was. She was drenched in seawater and smoke was coming out of her body. Looming over her was a man. A normal man with a syringe in his hand. They all saw him inject the drug and they flinched at hearing Jessica's painful cry.

"Jessi!" Tiffany's voice filled the area. The next thing she saw was having the man who injected Jessica with a chemical dead, a slash wound on his body.

 

Taeyeon was filled with anger at what the guy did to Jessica. She was about to attack when she heard Tiffany's voice.

"Jessi!" Taeyeon saw Tiffany jump the highest and longest jump she, herself, can ever make. She saw Tiffany land on the building Jessica and the man was at and kicked the man hard. They all saw the man panicked as Tiffany gave him blows. He was bruised badly in a few seconds as Tiffany's attacks were no longer like her usual. They all saw Tiffany raise her sword and struck the man. Tiffany's sword slashed and created a big wound on him. He quickly dropped lifeless.

They jumped to the building. They all frowned at the scent. He was a Deohyeo.

"A traitor." Hyun Joong whispered to himself.

 

Tiffany looked at Jessica very weak self on the ground. She quickly knelt down beside her. She took the very weak Jessica in her arms.

"Jessi..." She called out softly. No answer. She frowned.

"Jessi. Wake up. Now's not the time to sleep." She called again louder. Still no answer.

"Jessi... Please..." She hugged Jessica as she placed her head above Jessica's, Jessica's face on her neck.

"Please!" She cried out. She heard a heavy thud. She didn't look up.

"No..." A man's voice was heard.

Tiffany looked up to see a man, kneeling. She didn't spoke to him though. She could only give him an empty look.

"You..." Tiffany heard Taeyeon said as she pushed him away.

"It's your entire fault. You, Sang Doo!" Taeyeon pushed him hard that he felt his back hit the wall on the other side of the rooftop of the building. The man, called Sang Doo by Taeyeon, looked up to see Taeyeon's eyes were flaring amber.

"Tae..." Sunny tried to call out and calm Taeyeon down but even without Taeyeon looking, she only felt the anger in Taeyeon's heart. To Sang Doo and sadly, to her as well.

"What are you talking about Taeyeon? This is Thomas." Sooyoung said to which Yuri nodded.

"This is the man that betrayed Jessica and Miyoung. Kim Sang Doo!" Taeyeon only saw Sang Doo look down.

"Thomas. Who are you really?" Sooyoung asked him.

"I'm Kim Thomas. My Korean name is Kim Sang Doo."

"I can't believe it... I work for you?!" Taeyeon exclaimed. All of them looked at Taeyeon. This was the first time they ever saw Taeyeon like this. Then...

BAM!

There was another explosion. The group dispersed to another location. They saw the building crumble. Jessica's body was gone. Tiffany and Taeyeon were both kneeling on the ground. Sunny couldn't approach Taeyeon right now. Even if the urge to comfort her was as limitless as the universe, she could practically feel the anger from Taeyeon. Nevertheless, she started walking towards Taeyeon. She crouched down in front of her. Taeyeon didn't meet her eyes. She tried circling the girl's body with her arms and to her surprise, Taeyeon didn't resist. Then she felt emptiness from Taeyeon. She hugged her tightly.

For what seemed like a long while, Taeyeon got out of her embrace, pushing Sunny away. She saw Taeyeon wipe her tears.

"We're going back to the Organization. All of us." She took out a lot of handcuffs. She placed the handcuffs on the nine: the five Deohyeo, Sang Doo, Sooyoung, Yuri, and Sunny.

"You're all under arrest for crimes against humanity under Article 2 Section 9 of the Shi Dae Organization." All nine went in the van. Hyoyeon and Seohyun drove the van while Yoona quickly ran back and forth to get another vehicle for them. They also took Jessica's bike with them. They drove back to the Shi Dae Organization building.

 

Shi Dae Organization

When the group entered the building, every staff and member of the organization that was in the building knew of the morbid atmosphere. They didn't say anything but would greet the Aces when they passed by them. They could feel the tension in the air.

"Thank you all for your hard work for today. Clear the floors from the suites to my office." Taeyeon ordered. The group walked through the staffs and went in the elevators. They all rode to the floor where Taeyeon's office was located.

They entered the large room. It was now neat and clean. Well, except for the crater on Taeyeon's wall. It was impossible to fix it overnight. Taeyeon was filled with sadness again. She can't believe that Jessica was just here yesterday. The crater on the wall proved it.

"Seohyun... Could you cancel the order to fix the broken wall?" Taeyeon asked while looking at the broken wall.

"Yes unnie." She started with her computer right away. Tiffany sat on the couch. No emotion displayed on her face nor was there any attentiveness shown on the office. The door opened.

"Annyeong! Unnie! Are you he-? Hm? Oh. Taeyeon unnie. Did you see Jessica unnie?" An innocent and young Krystal walked in.

"Krys... Jessica's not here. She's..." Taeyeon began.

"Hm?" Krystal just wondered. Thomas stood up and Krystal turned her attention to him.

"You’re Krystal Jung, right?" Thomas asked.

"Yes. And you are?" Krystal asked him.

"I am Thomas. My Korean name is Kim Sang Doo. I am your sister's friend." Taeyeon's hands clenched at this.

"Oh. Well, um... Nice to meet you." Krystal reached out to shake Thomas’s hand.

"Do not think of yourself as Jessica's friend. You're the reason she's gone!" Taeyeon shouted at him to which he looked down sadly.

"What? Gone? What do you mean?" Krystal looked at Tiffany for clarification but when she saw the look of emptiness on Tiffany's face, her heart ached.

"No... She's not dead. She can't be. If she was, I would've felt it."

"She's gone. We just lost her." Taeyeon said, falling back on her chair. Krystal couldn't believe it.

"No! She's not gone. I'm telling you." Throughout this, nobody noticed that Tiffany was now experiencing pain in her chest. It was Seohyun and Yoona who had noticed that she was bent down and clutching her chest tightly.

"Unnie? Are you okay?" Tiffany didn't answer. They rushed to her side. Now, all attention was on her.

 

 

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back. Sorry about not updating. I was so busy. The classes I take get more and more homework and projects especially at times before break. How's this chapter? Was it too short for you guys? I hope I won't lose any votes nor any subscribers and readers. This was the thing my unnie said will help my writer's block. Don't get me wrong! I love all of SNSD members and I don't want any of them to die. But it was necessary for the plot.

Do you guys need a tissue? I was also crying while writing this chapter.

Did you guys like the 7.5 special? I know it's kind of short but it should make up for the lack of Yoonyul moments in the story.

You guys do know who the guests in this chapter right?

 

Replies:

@KalakiMae: Hi. I thought that since Jessica can't cook as well as Taeyeon, she could be good with plants on this one. Taeyeon is really a good friend to Jessica. Very supportive, I would say. Here's the update. Hope you still read the story until the end. Fighting!!

@Saisairee: Hey buddy! Thank you for your long comment. It was very beautiful and encouraging. How's this chapter? I hope you don't get too sad about Sunyeon in this chapter. I promise that I'll try to make them make up on the next chapter. The relationship between Jessica and Yuri will be revealed on the next one. And thank you, I did finish my project.  Fighting!

@babystrawb3: Hi. Thank you for liking the moments from the last chapter. I hope that even after this chapter, you still read this story. Fighting.

@greensocks: Hey there. I hope the extra on chapter 7.5 helped answer your question about Yoonyul. The relationship between Jessica and Yuri will be revealed on the next chapter. Thank you for reading and I hope you stay with me until I finish. Thank you for the support!

@Autumn_leaves: Hi there new reader. I hope you were delighted with the Yoonyul extra on chapter 7.5. Thank you for reading this story and I hope you stay with me until the end. Hwaiting!

@eyelovegg: Annyeong, chingu-ya~ Thank you for your support. I'm not sure if my block is open now but I'll try my best. I did finish the science project. Good luck on your story too.

@yyyuile: Hey there. Here's what I meant about Sunyeon getting complicated. Thank you very much. I did finish my project and I am back on the writing mode. I hope I can come up with many more ideas for more stories. Oh, sometimes, I also peek at the replies some authors write for another commenter so it's fine.

@taeminsunnylover: Hi there. Tiffany doesn't know yet that she's Tiffany. Thank you very much for reading the story. I hope you still read it after this chapter.

 

Okay. Again guys, I hope you will still read this even after this chapter but I think this chapter was well-written no? Oh. And I just realized that this happened the same in FoS right? Did any of you noticed?

I want to know what you guys know and what you found out in this chapter. If it's not too much trouble, please say so in your comments.

Oh! I almost forgot. It's been a long time since I got two more upvotes but I would like to thank YYjjang and unitha for giving this fic an upvote. I didn't think I'd get more. Hehe.

Do you guys want it to end soon? I'm running out of ideas. I might actually end it in one or two more. Wow. Just like FoS with ten chapters. Is that my quota now? Hehe. Joking. It's up to you guys. Please help me a bit.

Oh. It's almost Christmas so Merry Christmas everyone. To others, Happy Holidays. Spend it well with your family happily and heartily. I'm going in break for one more week. My last week before break is the 21st. Hopefully, I can write more stories. See you next time. ^-^v