Chapter 7: Will you talk about her?

Red Snow of Fate

"Jessica?! What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked with a nervous face. She was excited to go here and she kind of forgot to finish the paper work.

"Hm... Well I was passing by and I saw you here. I just wanted to say hi."

"Really?"

"No, not really. If you don't want to cause a commotion, we better leave this place." Jessica glared at Taeyeon.

"You guys can go up there." Jessica looks to see Sooyoung point upwards.

"Sunny has a room upstairs. You guys can talk there." She explained.

"Sunny?" Jessica asked. Sunny came out and was at view.

"Hey, Jessica. How have you been?"

"I'm well."

"You don't seem shocked to see her?" Taeyeon asked.

"I caught her scent at the boat. She met Soojung there."

"Well, right this way." Sunny was about to lead the two of them but Jessica stopped her.

"I don't think that this is the appropriate place to talk about this. Thank you for the offer but we'll go somewhere else." Taeyeon sent an apologetic look to Sunny and she just nodded. Sunny deduced from Jessica's behavior that what they are about to talk about is very important. Soon the two left.

Yoona noticed that Yuri was still looking at Jessica's way. She felt her heart hurt. She went to the back, replacing Sunny's post, which was now in her place, talking to the customers. Hidden from everyone, she held her chest. She leaned on the counter with one hand and her eyes were closed tightly.

"Not again..." She whispered to herself. She opened her eyes and there was a shade of dull green. Her breathing was heavy and she could feel tightening in her chest. Her head ached and her vision was blurry. Her body was slowly losing its energy and she collapsed.

 

Shi Dae Organization front

Jessica and Taeyeon were walking back to the Shi Dae building. Taeyeon was getting worried. When both of them were on their way out, she saw the file. Miyoung's file. She knew immediately that it wasn't because she missed a deadline. It was because of Miyoung. The walk was silent. That is, until they walked in Taeyeon's office. When Jessica closed the door, Taeyeon sat on her chair calmly but inside, she was worried about what would happen in her office. Silence.

"What is this?" Jessica started. She faced Taeyeon and dropped the file on her desk.

"It's Hwang Miyoung's file." Taeyeon said, looking straight at Jessica, not even sparing a look at the file, not even breaking eye contact since Jessica turned. Jessica's eyes burned into hers and they were filled with anger and pain.

"I know that! What's it doing in my house?" Jessica asked sternly, her hands now on Taeyeon's desk, like those crime scene interrogation scenes.

"Why are you getting mad about this? Calm down." Taeyeon said, bringing her hands together, her elbows on her desk. Jessica didn't budge nor did she calm down but her voice did gain restraint.

"Please... Why is it in my house? And in Krystal's possession no less." Taeyeon sighed.

"I was working yesterday and she got bored. I told her to read some books from my bookcase. All the old files were there and she found it."

"Why does she have it then?" Jessica asked as she turned around.

"I decided to tell her about Miyoung. I gave her permission to take it."

"You have no right to do that!" Jessica slammed her hands on Taeyeon's desk and it broke in two. This made Taeyeon lean back to her chair.

"Technically, as head of this organization, I have the right to give her the file. And you owe me a new table." Jessica moved away again from Taeyeon and the broken table.

"Would you have told her about Miyoung if she had asked? Or would you have just run away from it?" It was now Taeyeon's time to interrogate Jessica.

"Stop..." Jessica whispered, her chest was tightening from the memories.

"Do you have the courage to confide in me for that matter? How about Krystal?" Taeyeon asked, her voice getting louder.

"Stop." Jessica was covering her ears. Taeyeon chose her words carefully.

"Do you think that Miyoung wants you to feel all this guilt for her de-?"

"Stop! I said stop!" Jessica shouted as she turned around, her eyes now blue, and held Taeyeon by her collar, pushing her to the wall. The wall cracked and Taeyeon groaned a bit from the impact, her eyes closed. When Taeyeon's eyes opened, they were amber.

"You owe me a new wall." Taeyeon easily pushed Jessica and she was freed from Jessica's grip.

"You know, you're much stronger than me. But you let all these anger weaken you. All these hidden anger." Taeyeon said, dusting of her clothes. Jessica was on the floor, facing her. Her fangs were bare. Taeyeon was looking down at her with understanding eyes.

"Have you even told anyone about Miyoung in detail?" Jessica didn't answer nor did she move.

"Am I the only one other than Sang Doo who knows?" No answer but Taeyeon knows that. She crouched down to Jessica's level. Jessica hung her head low and soon, her shoulders started shaking. Taeyeon moved closer and hugged her.

"I'm honored to be one you'd confide in but there has to be someone else who loves you that should know. So they'll understand your pain. So that they'll know you trust them." In a little, Jessica finally calmed down. Her temperature was no longer hot from the anger but was now cold again.

"I know that..." That was all Jessica said before she stood up. Taeyeon stood up as well.

"I'm sorry I got mad about that. I guess it's not your fault." Jessica said. Taeyeon shook her head.

"It's alright. How are you feeling? You're pretty cold right now."

"I'm still cooling off. I should get out now." Jessica said as she walked away.

"Ok. Take care. Don't get yourself into trouble."

"See you later." Jessica was out the door, still a bit sad. Minutes passed by and Taeyeon realized something.

"Ah! That Jung! She's so going to pay for the repairs in my office!"

Outside the office's door, Seohyun was about to go in but froze when she heard Taeyeon shouted. Hyoyeon placed a hand on her shoulder. When they walked in, they saw an angry Taeyeon, a broken table, and a crater on the wall. Seohyun's eyes widened at the mess.

"I should've known Jessica did this when I saw splinters in her clothes..." Hyoyeon said as a matter of fact.

 

SaJinSul Cafe, after a while

Sunny looked around the cafe. She saw that Yoona was missing. She went to the back. She saw Yoona on the floor.

"Yoo- Yoona?!" Sunny hurried to Yoona's side and checked her condition. She let out a sigh of relief. Hearing her loud voice, Yuri and Sooyoung walked in and saw them. Yuri bent down with Sunny to inspect Yoona. Yuri placed a hand on Yoona's forehead.

"Why is she burning up? Is she okay? What's going on?" Yuri was panicking. Never had she encountered a situation like this. Sunny placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry. It's pretty common for her. She's just coming down with the flu." Sunny explained.

"Eh? But how?"

"You see, Yoona is a Half. If she doesn't drink blood in a certain amount of time, her body gets sick in order to conserve energy. It's to accommodate for the energy source that she doesn't take in." Yuri looked at Yoona.

"Lee Sunny! Where are you?" A cold voice was heard. The three shivered. They all looked outside and they saw the Jung that just walked in earlier. They saw Jessica immediately look at them and there was something in the look in her eyes that showed that she knew something.

"Did she collapse again?" Jessica asked them. They nodded and Jessica walked to the back. She crouched down.

"I'll take her home. She'll be better by tomorrow. Her fever isn't that high." Sunny positioned Yoona so that Jessica could carry her. On their way out, Yuri was looking, staring at Jessica and Yoona. Jessica felt Yuri's gaze. Not minding, she carried the unconscious vampire.

"Can I come with you?" Yuri asked Jessica. Jessica didn't turn or look at her.

"I want you to stay away from her. Don't even get yourself involved with her." Jessica coldly answered. Yuri was a bit taken back but her face regained a smile.

"I'll visit her tonight."

"We'll see about that." Jessica left with a smile on her face. She left the cafe and head for Yoona's home.

She turned a few streets and walked a few blocks. The Shi Dae building came to view. She passed the organization and walked a few more blocks. Soon, she stopped in front an apartment building. She jumped at a high height from the ground. She landed on a veranda. She opened the window and walked in.

She roamed around the house until she found the bedroom. She laid the sick girl on the bed and tucked her in. She left the room and came back with a towel and a round container filled with water. She soaked the towel and twisted it dry. She placed it on Yoona's forehead.

"We'll receive a mission from the founder tonight. She told me. She'll be here so you won't be alone. Even if it means going against her boss. So she'll come." Jessica sighs.

"You... such stubborn kids. Like you, the both of them refused to drink blood too. The only difference is that you're a Half. You need it." She fixed all the entrances and made sure the cupboards were stocked. She closed the window she came in and left.

 

Seocho District, around the park

After Jessica left Yoona in her apartment, she walked around the Seocho District. It was still very early. It wasn't even noon yet but there was a gloomy air suspended around the area. It was probably just because of the clouds. They looked like low stratus cloud, indicating a drizzle.

"Nimbostratus..." Jessica whispered.

"Indicates a steady, slow rainfall."

 

Somewhere in front of a computer, the author drops from her chair. (Don't interrupt, author. Hehe. ^-^v)

 

Jessica located a decent but familiar area in the district. It was a hidden part of the park. It was a closed area. Under unspecified name, the place was blocked off because it was private property. It was like a forest, inside were an abundance of trees and a lake. It wasn't big nor small but was just adequate.

Jessica was standing inside the area, right in front of the lake. There was only nature's whispers and nothing else. It was as if the forest was really in an uncharted part of the world. There were no sounds like cars or anything like people. There isn't any smoke located anywhere either. It was just quiet. Tranquility alone resided in the place.

She sat down on the slope of the grassy ground. Then she lied down. She was looking up at the clouds. From their color, it was evident that it was going to rain soon yet she made no sign to go home or elsewhere. Her eyes flashed different emotions as memories claimed her mind. A breeze blew over her and she caught a scent. She immediately sat up and looked around. On the other side of the lake was the girl.

"You..." The person heard her and looked up. She immediately recognized Jessica and flashed a bright smile.

"Oh, Jessi!" Tiffany greeted her with a loud voice as she made her way toward the sitting vampire.

"What are you doing here?" Jessica asked. Tiffany frowned at her.

"What?" Jessica asked. Tiffany didn't answer. She sat next to Jessica and she shook her head.

"Nothing. I found this place a few years ago when I came to this district."

"You found it?" Tiffany nodded.

"Yeah. It is private property but I've seen no one here. So I just come here whenever I'm free. Just to stay out." After stating an explanation, she looked at Jessica as if to ask about her.

"This is... my property." Tiffany looked at her shocked.

"Eh?!" She exclaimed. It echoed around. This made Jessica inwardly laugh. One could really hear four echoes of Tiffany's voice. She didn't show it and explained.

"I bought this area and grew everything you see here. The ones I've planted grew bigger. It's been fifty-three years since I visited this place. It took me a year to plant everything you see here before." Tiffany looked at her with amazement.

"Wow~ this place is like a real forest. I can imagine a magical battle taking place in this forest."

"Magical?" Tiffany nodded.

"Yeah. Just like those forest guardians in books."

"I didn't perceive you as someone who would believe in those stories."

"It's the genius of all the writers of the world. They can all think of something that only they can." Jessica looked at her.

"Varieties of interpretation, right?" Tiffany nodded while smiling.

"That's right." They sat beside each other in silence. A drop of water hits Tiffany's cheek. She looked up and she figured that it will rain after a few seconds. She looked at Jessica who was on her back, on the ground, with her eyes closed.

"She's asleep?" Tiffany asks herself. Then more drops of rain fell. She looked around to see a huge tree behind them. When she looked back at Jessica, she saw her sitting up and standing.

"Come. You'll get sick if we stay out in the open." Tiffany followed Jessica to the huge tree and they sat down at its base. While Tiffany leaned on the trunk, Jessica was resting on the ground next to it, her back facing Tiffany.

"Don't you think we better go home?" Tiffany asked.

"You can go home if you want to." Hearing this, Tiffany pouted. Jessica sighed as if to know that she was upset.

"I'll stay to conserve my energy. It's an alternate source." She explained. Tiffany, who understood after she explained, wasn't upset anymore.

"You could've just said so."

"Hm. I get that a lot."

"I'm sure you do." Tiffany said.

"I'm staying until you go." She added. Jessica didn't answer but she did remove her coat and placed it on Tiffany.

"Do what you want." She said before laying down again, this time, beside Tiffany on the trunk. They stayed there for a while. The rain was ongoing. Tiffany was situated at the center of the trunk so she was completely shielded from the rain while Jessica was a bit exposed. It was cold but for Tiffany, it was just like Jessica. It may be cold for a while, but soon, you will miss the comfort it brings.

 

Shi Dae Organization, Taeyeon's office.

Taeyeon was standing up in the middle of her office. It was a good thing that her computers weren't on her table. They weren't broken at all. She had her work in her hands and some on the couch in the room. She had an earpiece on and her phone was on a case located at her waist. She sat down on the couch after a while. Seohyun was on the couch next to her with a laptop and Hyoyeon was also looking around the file of papers next to Seohyun.

"Taeyeon. Exactly what are we looking for again?" Hyoyeon asked

"I'm looking for Jessica's friend, Sang Doo."

"And how do we do that?"

"We're looking for records. Address, phone number, last location he was located, anything that can help us find him." They've been searching since Jessica left. Of course, they have treated each other as family and if it would help one of the members, they would surely be part of it. However, no matter where they look, they don't have any record of him. An email notification caught their attention.

"Unnies. It's from the founder. “All three looked at the email.

It read:

 

Hello Shi Dae Head and Vice-Head,

I know I have said this before but you and the group did well on the next mission. You have successfully cleared the Gwanak District of the Deohyeo. Here's your next mission. There will be an attack tomorrow at the Dongho Bridge. It will be a bit of a shorter drive than the one you had to the Gwanak district. Get ready at the site and I want you to remove all the Deohyeo before they could eradicate the bridge. I'll check on it after the mission. And...

I want you to see who's leading them.

 

Shi Dae Founder

Good luck.

 

The three sat back once they finished reading the email.

"Ok. It's time to let the team know. Except for you two." Taeyeon started composing emails.

It read:

 

From Shi Dae Head, Kim Taeyeon

You have an assignment tomorrow. As always be in good condition and meet me at the lobby. This time, we'll be dealing with an attack at the Dongho Bridge. Get ready. We'll be looking for the one who'll lead the group.

 

Shi Dae Head

Fighting!

 

SaJinSul Cafe

It has only been a few hours since something happened. Unlike yesterday that had a rush hour, today's was just balanced. It was just an hour after noon and in a few, they will close for today. Sooyoung was now working the kitchen because Yuri couldn't cook well. But the drinks she made were of professional capabilities. Sunny was thinking about the change in Yuri's demeanor when she saw Jessica. It also made her wonder why Jessica didn't seemed shock to see her.

'She knows I'm a vampire now. And I'm sure even Taeyeon figured that out when she drank my blood. But what does Yuri's behavior mean?'

"Sunny! Can I leave early?" Yuri called out.

"Sure. We're not that busy anyway so go ahead." Sunny observed Yuri go to the staff room and come out changed.

"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow. I'll probably stay out or I'll be back home by morning so don't worry." Yuri quickly exited the cafe.

"Where is she going?" Sooyoung's voice asked from the kitchen.

"Somewhere. She didn't say." Sunny answered.

"Aish... What is that kid up to?" They looked at the front door where Yuri left.

 

Seocho District, Tiffany's apartment

"I told you that you could've gone first." Jessica scolded for the third time. Tiffany could only hang her head low. She was now soaking from head to toe. Unfortunately for her, the wind took an unexpected turn and the steady rainfall became a strong rainfall. It wasn't a storm but it was a bit stronger than the indication of the nimbostratus. They entered Tiffany's apartment and after Tiffany changed clothes, she found Jessica in the living room. Jessica finished making a call to Krystal so the younger Jung won't worry.

"Here. Sit down." Jessica told her with a towel in her hand. Tiffany sat on the carpet and Jessica sat down on the couch. While Jessica was drying Tiffany's hair with the towel, Tiffany was having an internal conflict.

It wasn't bad that Jessica was in her house. It wasn't bad that Jessica was drying her hair. Tiffany enjoyed every minute with Jessica, no matter what they were doing. Even if it was just sitting next to her. It was just that it was as if Jessica was the one that needs taking care of. She was in her own house. She should be taking care of guests and not the guest to her.

"Jessi." She called.

"Hm?"

"Aren't you going to be sick too?" Tiffany asked.

"No. The rain is my alternate source of energy. You, on the other hand, are a human. You'll get sick."

"But shouldn't you be dry too?" Tiffany wasn't telling it right away but Jessica caught a bit on it. She stopped using the towel on Tiffany's head and took another. She also had a hair dryer first. She quickly dried Tiffany's hair and combed it.

Jessica wasn't really as drenched in rain as Tiffany was. Amazingly, only her hair was soaking from the rain. She sat on the carpet next to Tiffany and left the new towel on her hands. She sat there while Tiffany looked at her shocked. In a few seconds, Tiffany recovered and quickly sat on the couch. She started drying Jessica's hair and a smile graced her face.

"Thank you." Jessica said. Only Tiffany's eye smile showed her happiness. As time passed after Tiffany dried Jessica's hair with the blower, Jessica did fall asleep. She was leaning on the couch onto Tiffany.

"You really sleep a lot it surprises me." Tiffany said. She ran her hand on Jessica's hair.

"Will you tell me about Miyoung if I asked you?" She whispered to herself near the sleeping vampire.

"Will you let me occupy a space in your heart? Even if it's the smallest space you can give?" She confessed. Tiffany sighed before she looked outside. Was it snowing? She turned back to Jessica.

"Will you be willing to let me share new memories with you? The memories I don't have. The ones I lost." Jessica didn't answer. Tiffany only laughed at herself. She's speaking to the air here.

"What am I thinking? You haven't even called me by my name... I can't expect you to tell me something so personal."

 

Shi Dae Organization, lobby. Early morning

Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun were there on the lobby. They were the first three like always dressed in their uniforms and suits. Yoona walks in through the door.

"Oh! Yoona. Good Morning. I heard that you got sick yesterday. Are you sure you want to participate in this mission? You can still take the day off."

"It's alright, Taeyeon unnie. I'm really better."

"Hm? What is this? Did you, by any chance, drink blood?" Taeyeon asked. Hyoyeon made a sniffing sound and her eyes widened. Yoona was a bit hesitant to tell them but she did anyway.

"Ne." It was short and straight to the point. In her mind, 'I was forced to. I wasn't really willing until...'

"May I know whose?" Taeyeon asked. Yoona seemed to be out of it that Taeyeon had to repeat the question.

"Yoona?"

"Oh! Yes?"

"Whose blood?"

"Umm..." Taeyeon eyed her until Tiffany and Jessica came through the front doors.

"Good. We're all here. The equipment is in the car already. Let's go." They left altogether. Yoona was still a bit fidgety. Taeyeon gave her a knowing look. Nevertheless, they all got in the van and headed to their destination.

 

A/N: Hey guys. This is a bit shorter of an update.  My own quota is at least 3,000 words. I guess I did went over it. But it still feels unfulfulling so sorry about that. I got hit with a major case of writer's block and I still have it now. I really can't think of what would happen next. I'm not very satisfied with this chapter. *sighs*

I'm sure I'll be back on my feet by next week's update. Science Fair is on the 10th so I'm still working on it. I'm not even sure if I'll update next week.

Oh, thanks for the new subscribers. I didn't think I'd get more. Hehe. Thanks!

I got two more upvotes. Yeah! Thank you very much sunshiner_here and JessFany293.

One more thing, thanks for liking the biting part guys. I assumed that you might enjoy it but there was still doubt. Hehe.

 

Replies:

@luvsoshi: Hello there. Thank you for commenting and asking. Yes, Tiffany is Miyoung and the marks prove them. I'll say that Tiffany is a human. That's the only thing I can tell. I hope you like this one even if it's short.

@009asdfk: Hey there. Thanks for liking this story. Even if I got short on ideas today, please do enjoy it. This chapter is shorter than the usual but here you go.

@eyelovegg: Annyeong, chingu-ya~ just like what yyyuile and Saisairee said, SNSD's manager is Thomas. I brought this up so you guys can picture Manager Oppa in the story. Helps in visualizing the whole thing. Thank you. I'm taking care of my health but I did get a bad case of writer's block. This is for the first time too. This chapter is a bit shorter but I hope you still read it. I'm not really proud of this unlike the others but expect something big on the next one. Take care too.

@DanDyuGangsters: Hey there. Sunyeon might even get more complicated on the next one so stay tune. Here's chapter 7. I hope you like it.

@yyyuile: First of all, thank you very much for telling me about deleting your comment. I might have overreacted. Hehe. Thomas is the one that turned Sunny. More will happen in the future chapters. Stay in tune. Oh, and thank you for enjoying the biting part.

@KalakiMae: Hello. Thanks for liking this chapter. Things will become more complicated so stay tune for the next one. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The thing about Jessica and Yuri will also be revealed in future chapters. Fighting!

@connie56: Hey there. Yup, Sunny is a vampire. I’m guessing you really liked the Sunyeon moment. There isn’t any, I would say, in this chapter but I hope you still enjoy it.

@taeminsunnylover: Hey there. Heads up. There'll be more complicated stuff happening on the next chapter. I hope you are ready and hope you like it as well.

@sunshiner_here: Hello there. Hehe. I'm happy to know that. Here's the next chapter. No biting in this one but there might be on the future ones. Thanks for enjoying the biting. I liked it too. It’s not necessarily Yulsic but they do have a connection. Fighting!

@babystraw3: Thank you for your continuous support of this story. Here’s another chapter. I hope that you still enjoy it. I will try to make the next chapter better. Fighting.

@Saisairee: Hey there buddy! You’re welcome about the Sunyeon moment. Thanks for enjoying every part of it, I guess. Hehe. I laughed when I read your comment. I realized that I could’ve included that. Oh, and you got SNSD’s manager right. *pats head* I hope you are fine with the chapter. I’ll try better in the next update.

@virulent: Hey there! Thank you for reading this fic. You have any day to express your feelings. Take your time. I hope this chapter is alright and I hope you like it.

 

Thanks guys for the comments. I was really happy when I read long ones. They made me smile like an idiot. Hehe.

Anyway, I still have the writer’s block while writing this. I think it was during this entire chapter. I just lost it. I’ll try to think the next update over the week. I’ll try to finish my project right away so I can update a good one next time.
Hm. I’m forgetting something. Oh, I’m sorry to the authors and friends that I haven’t commented on their stories. I haven’t really read them because I’ve been trying to do this chapter so once this is up, I’ll read and comment right away. I have to return the favor since I owe you guys.

Before I go, I hope that you guys will forgive me on what will happen on the next chapter and probably, the one after that. I'm not really for the idea but my unnie said that it will help with my writer's block. See you guys next time. ^-^v