Chapter 7.5: Just a fever: Drink only mine

Red Snow of Fate

Two vampires were talking outside a cafe. They were both Pure ones and a Half was nestled on one of the Pure's back. The Half's name is Im Yoona. She had collapsed just a few minutes ago and the vampire carrying her was going to take her back to the Shi Dae Organization Suites. One of the Pure, Yuri, was talking to the vampire carrying her.

"Can I come with you?" She asked the Pure but the vampire didn't even spare her a glance.

"I want you to stay away from her. Don't even get yourself involve with her." The vampire coldly answered but Yuri knows otherwise. They both know that if it can be avoided, Yuri shouldn't pursue this relationship with Yoona.

"I'll visit her tonight." Yuri replied to the cold warning from Jessica, her words filled with something Jessica recognized as the same tone as someone had used on her before. In Yuri's words, there was an unyielding tone and that very same tone reminded Jessica of.

"We'll see about that." Yuri noticed the smile on Jessica. She inwardly cheered. That very smile meant a yes. She watched as Jessica left with Yoona. She looked at the clock. She sighed. This was going to be a lonely day at work.

                                           

A few hours later

Yuri looked at the clock. There were only a couple more hours till closing time. She saw Sunny.

"Sunny! Can I leave early?" She called to the girl behind the counter. She saw Sunny look at the clock.

"Sure. We're not that busy anyway so go ahead." She immediately strode towards the staff room. She opened up her locker and started changing into her casual clothes. She came out in a button up shirt alike to their uniform but this one had its sleeves at three-fourths of length. And instead of a skirt, she wore some black slacks paired with flats. She came out of the room with a bag where her clothes were neatly packed.

"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow. I'll probably stay out or I'll be back home by morning so don't worry." After saying this, she quickly exited the cafe without waiting for any reply, leaving her other two co-workers curious.

She turned at a block and started walking towards the direction of the Shi Dae Organization building. She passed by a park in her way and she noticed Jessica's scent somewhere there. She wondered for a moment what she was doing there but upon walking further, she found out that Jessica wasn't alone. It wasn't her concern at the moment so she didn't bother investigating. She was now in front of the building. She looked up and saw its tall structure. She marveled at it for a moment. There was only one problem. Where did Jessica let Yoona rest? She had no clue.

"We'll see about that." She remembered Jessica words. She laughed at the challenge. So this was what the vampire meant. She continued looking up. Then she realized something.

"Aish... That cheater." Yuri whispered to herself. There was no scent that Yoona even came here for the day. Jessica didn't bring Yoona to the Shi Dae suites like she said so. She turned another corner and she finally caught a scent, Yoona's scent. She followed it by turning another block and she was met with an apartment building. This one seemed like the building she saw Yoona come out from when she was following her.

Yuri felt like an idiot for a bit. Of course. Jessica would take Yoona home. That was understandable. This time, she was in front of the building. She could sense from which floor Jessica came from. She jumped high to a balcony up in the building. There was window. She tried peeking in but the curtains were in the way. She tried opening it and it shocked her to find that the window was unlocked but it was still closed. She opened it.

She was surprised to see that the balcony was connected to the bedroom. She stepped in as sunlight washed in the room and a breeze blew the curtains. With the natural sunset rays behind her and the breeze blowing, she looked like an angel. She found herself staring at doe-like eyes. Those eyes looked sleepy and somewhat dazed. She saw Yoona look at her dreamingly, to which her cheeks adorned its usual blush and a smile was on her face.

She stepped closer to Yoona who was on her bed, lying down. She stopped when she was already at arm's length, putting her bag somewhere. Yoona's eyes weren't fully opened yet. She was probably still in a state of unconsciousness.

Yuri reached out to caress Yoona's head, her hair softly. She saw Yoona's eyes blink for a couple of times before they widened a bit.

"Yuri..." Yoona said her name.

"Hey, Yoona. How are you feeling?"

"What do you- Oh? That's right. I collapse at the cafe."

"Yeah. We were all worried. Je- um. I mean one of your friends came over and helped you."

"Friends? You mean Jessica unnie. I have to thank her later." Yoona said smiling. Yuri couldn't help but smile as well. She placed a hand on Yoona's forehead. She frowned when she realized that taking her temperature won't be accurate. She suddenly thought of an idea. She moved closer to Yoona.

"Yuri! What are-?" Yoona was stuttering as Yuri was getting closer. She shut her eyes tightly. She felt a pressure on her forehead. She opened her eyes and immediately regretted it. Yuri's face was too close.

"Hm. Your fever is pretty high." Yuri moved back. She turned and started looking for her bag. Behind her, Yoona sighed.

'Wait! Did I just sigh? What sigh is it? Why do I feel relieved but disappointed at the same time?'

"Here." Yuri held a food container. She turned and gave it to Yoona who sat up and looked at it with curiosity.

"What's this?"

"Kimbap." Yoona opened it and saw rolls of kimbap.

"Wow. Did you make them yourself?" Yuri shook her head.

"No. I asked help from Sunny. I'm not that good at cooking but I really love it." Yoona looked at the rolls and took one. She slowly placed it in and chewed.

"How is it?" Yuri asked seemingly nervous.

"It needs more salt." Yoona said as she chewed while covering . She finished one.

"Eh? Salt?" Yuri looked at her with total confusion. Yoona laughed.

"I'm just kidding. It's really good." Yuri sighed in relief.

"I was worried." Yoona continued eating. Yuri looked back in her bag and took a medicine bottle.

"What's the medicine for?"

"For you." Yuri answered.

"Me? But I don't need it..." Yoona said her voice waning in volume.

"Eh? But you're sick aren't you?"

"Yes I am but I just have to eat to get better. I don't need medicine." Yoona hung her head low. Yuri smiled later on. She figured that Yoona was embarrassed by her gestures.

"Well. Is there any other way for you to get better?"

"I prefer to not do that method."

"You don't like it?" Yoona nodded her head at Yuri's question.

"What is it?" Yoona hesitated for a bit.

"Drinking blood." She said. Yuri didn't understand why Yoona didn't want to drink blood. It's part of their diet. Hers, mainly.

"Then you rather get sick every year than drink blood and don't have to worry about getting sick for years?"

"It's better than drinking blood. I get to eat a lot." Yoona returned with a smile. Yuri frowned at the girl's enthusiasm at being sick. She sighed.

"Well I better try to cook for you then. So you'd get better faster." She stood up. She turned and as she was about to walk away, a hand held her wrist. She looked back at Yoona to see her in a state as if pleading.

"Could you stay here instead?" Yoona voiced out. Yuri took a chair near the bed and sat near Yoona.

"Thank you." Yoona beamed her a smile. Yuri just looked at her. Soon, Yoona was about to doze off. Her head was nodding of as she was sitting. Her body was swaying as she forced herself to stay awake. Yuri thought of this as the best time.

"Wait for a bit." This turned Yoona's attention to her. She saw Yuri go out with her bag.

 

Yuri walked to the kitchen. She opened her bag and took some medicine. She placed it on a tray and a glass of water was added. But she had other plans that what she is doing. She looked at her arm. She bit and took some of her blood in . She quickly closed so not a scent would escape. Her bite mark quickly healed. She smiled looking a bit dorky because she was keeping her blood. She quickly took the tray and got back to the room.

 

"Yuri..." Yoona said in a bit of an unbelieving tone as she saw Yuri walk back in the room with a tray. On it was a glass of water and medicine. She already told the girl that she doesn't need any. Yuri set the thing down without saying anything but Yoona didn't notice.

"Ok. I'll drink it for you." As Yoona was about to get up from the bed to take the medicine, she was forced back to the bed.

"Yuri?!" She was even more panicked than when Yuri checked her temperature. Yuri was looking down from above her. She leaned down.

Their lips met.

Yoona was stunned. Then she felt a liquid flow down and she swallowed. Yuri backed off.

"Ah!" Yoona started hitting Yuri. It was light though in Yuri's opinion.

"How could you trick me into drink blood?" Yoona said her voice a bit higher than normal but lower than a shout.

"You. You don't want to drink blood. Why?" Yuri looked at her seriously. Yoona looked down.

"It's not a big deal. I just don't want to go around the city looking for blood to get it over with. Just like how my dad used to before he met my mom."

"Then only drink mine." Yuri said. Yoona looked at her a bit surprised.

"What?"

"Only mine. Drink only mine." Yuri moved closer and kissed her again. Yoona was still a bit surprised as her eyes were still opened. But soon, her eyes slowly closed and she returned the kiss. They separated in a bit for it was just a short kiss.

"Can you stay right here?"

"I will." Yuri lay next to Yoona and embraced her tightly. Soon, both fell asleep peacefully with each other in their arms.