Text Messages and Cheating?

Shattered Trust - Was It Even Whole To Start With?

 

Annyeong! :) Just a heads up that i am really sorry about this chapter, i sort of rushed it and it isn't nearly as good as i wish it was but i hope you still enjoy it! Mianhae! :/ Xx

 

 

After the argument, both Key and Jonghyun were very over affectionate towards each other, just as they were after any argument, they always wanted to show their affection and make sure everything was forgiven and forgotten. So after that argument, Jonghyun was rather meek and obedient to his diva's wishes and Key wasn't nagging half as much as usual at his puppy-lover. Also, now that Key had reassured him, and was constantly reminding him of his importance, Jonghyun could clearly see how much he had over reacted and was perfectly fine with how much time Key seemed to now be spending out with Seyun and Jinju.

 

The three of them were always going out shopping together now, of course Key always made sure to spend time with Jonghyun so he wouldn't feel jealous again, but it was evident in the way Key smiled, that his old and new shopping buddies were bringing him a lot of enjoyment: and a lot of new clothes! A lot of time they would go out for a few hours and then head back to one of their houses for a fashion parade to show off their new outfits, and their true Diva-selves.

 

 

One Saturday morning about two weeks after the party, Key was preparing to go out with Seyun again, except this time Jinju wasn't going with them because she had work she had to do at home. Jonghyun was in the kitchen, dressed in a smart, white, open-neck shirt and grey trousers, grabbing himself some breakfast and coffee, while his dear Yeobo was scurrying around, making sure he looked 'decent' for going out, meaning his hair was styled in the exact right way, his shoes were the right height, his shoulder bag matched his nails, and his shirt and trousers didn't clash, yet at the same time looked unique and absolutely fabulous! After this was done, he collected his keys and wallet, but he still seemed to be looking for something. He had a confused expression on his face and bit his lip as he went all over the house, searching every room, under every cushion. He looked around for quite a while before he finally called down to Jonghyun who was now washing up his dishes from breakfast, his white sleeves rolled up to just below his elbows.

 

 

“Yeobo, have you seen my phone?” Key called from the top of the stairs. Jonghyun looked around for a moment, thinking.

 

“Ani, mianhae Babe, I haven't seen it!” Key sighed looking around the landing,

 

“Aish, I just don't know where it's got to! I haven't seen it in ages!” He said rather dramatically and Jonghyun just sighed with a hidden smirk on his lips, he knew how his lover liked to over exaggerate things, but he knew it would probably turn up in a short while. He finished with the dishes and went into the hall to find Key looking around as if hoping it would just suddenly appear in front of him. He reached over and gently brushed his fingers across Key's pale cheek, bringing him back to the present and making him look back up at his partner,

 

“Yeobo, I'm sure it will turn up. Now why don't you go and have a fun time? Seyun will be waiting! I'll help you look when you get back, so you think over where it could be, arasso?” He said in a calm and soothing voice, Key just sighed and nodded. The two embraced and shared a quick sweet kiss before saying their goodbyes and Key left the house.

 

 

After Key left Jonghyun in the house, he decided to head to his study to do a bit of work. He preferred it when he could work from home because it meant less travel and more time with his Key. He was only working for about a few hours before he heard the doorbell ring. He wondered who it was, as they didn't usually get visitors in the middle of the day, and it was far too early for Key to be back from shopping yet. He closed his laptop and headed down the stairs and up to the front door. When he opened the door, he was met with a surprising visitor.

 

“Jinju? What are you doing here?”

 

“I'm sorry Jonghyun, but while I was looking for my work I had to do, I found this back at my place.” she said, holding up the silver object in her hand, it was a phone and he recognised it as Key's.

 

“Why do you have that?”

 

“I think he left it the other day after we did one of our fashion parades, he must have left it on the table by mistake.” Jonghyun was about to take it before she added “But there is something wrong.”

 

“What do you mean?” he asked, confused.

 

“I... I mean, his messages, Jonghyun! I know I shouldn't have but when he got a new message, I had a look and at first I really felt bad, but after I saw what Seyun was messaging... well, I think you need to see for yourself.” she said with a concerned but also almost pitying expression, and she carefully placed the phone into the palm of Jonghyun's hand.

 

“What do you mean? Wae?” he asked, confused but also worried as he looked down at the phone. What was going on, what was Seyun messaging him about?

 

“I'm so sorry Jonghyun. I really can't believe they would do that to you... but I need to go now, please feel free to call me after you read this, you might want someone to talk to about it. I am really sorry; Goodbye Jonghyun” and as soon as she arrived, she turned and walked out the door and down the street to her car.

 

 

Once Jinju had left, Jonghyun could only stare down at the rectangular shaped object in his hand. Seyun and Key. Was it what he thought it was? No it couldn't be. But the way Jinju had told him, so secretive but the hints she had dropped were clear: were they?...

 

No, it wasn't true; it couldn't be true! But why would Jinju say that? It didn't make any sense. Jonghyun's mind felt completely addled, he gripped the side of his head with one hand as he walked sluggishly, almost zombie-like, to the living room and fell into the sofa. Questions were rolling around his head. Should he look? Should he not?....

 

Why was he even considering this? He had no reason to doubt his Key. And what would he say if he found out he had been sneaking around his phone because he thought someone was telling him he was a cheater? What if he looked and he wasn't cheating on him with Seyun?... What if he was?

 

The questions burned in his brain, the more he thought, the more indecisive he became.

 

 

In the end, Jonghyun finally made a decision. He had to look. He had convinced himself that he was only doing it to clear his suspicions and prove Key's innocence. He didn't think he was a cheater, he was just trying to prove to himself that he was right. Also, Jinju had said that something was wrong, she never said he was cheating, she said he needed to see the messages for himself, so that's what he would do! He was only making sure Key was alright: that was his only reason... wasn't it?

 

He sighed and steeled himself for what he was about to do, despite having convinced himself it was the best thing, he was still nervous; it was technically a breech of privacy, despite being in a couple. Key would understand, Jonghyun told himself. He reached down and clicked the phone on, after taking a deep breath, he plugged in Key's code, they both knew each other's password for emergency purposes. The first thing Jonghyun noticed was the number of text messages Key had received recently. He knew Key was popular and well known but even so it seems rather overboard. Then he noticed something else; most of them were all from the same person: Seyun.

 

He scanned some of their earlier messages from just after they had met on the first day:

 

 

To Key

From Seyun

Oppa, it was so great to see you today, I missed you loads! :) Xx

 

 

To Seyun

From Key

Nado, I've missed you like crazy Yunnie! I'm so glad you are back in town! You still up for shopping tomorrow? <3 xoxox

 

 

To Key

From Seyun

As if you could keep me away when those poor clothes and shoes are calling for me!! :P Xx

 

 

Well, they seemed innocent enough, what had he even been worrying about? With a lighter heart, Jonghyun decided to read on. The texts he next looked at were of the afternoon just before the party.

 

 

To Key

From Seyun

Oppa! Are you coming yet? You haven't forgotten have you? *pout* :) Xx

 

 

To Seyun

From Key

As if I would forget a party, who do you think I am?? :P Jonghyun is just finishing up getting ready. I can't wait to see you! Save a dance for me!! Luv Ya! <3 <3 <3 xoxox

 

 

To Key

From Seyun

Of course Oppa, iIll always leave a dance for you! I'll see you soon! ^_^ <3 Saranghae! <3 Xx

 

 

Ok, that wasn't too bad, I mean he didn't exactly like how close they were messaging, but no need to worry - they are just being friendly? But then came the texts from after the party:

 

 

To Key

From Seyun

Oppa, do you think our plan is working? <3 Xx

 

 

To Seyun

From Key

Oh yes, Yunnie, he hasn't noticed a thing! Honestly he can be so dense at times. Anyway how about Jinju? <3 <3 xoxox

 

 

To Key

From Seyun

She doesn't know either, how did we manage to surround ourselves with such idiots? XD Xx

 

 

To Seyun

From Key

IKR, I mean you would have thought they would have been at least a little suspicious considering how much time we have been spending alone together! <3 <3 Which reminds me, you were amazing yesterday. I'm so glad you suggested that beautiful walk in wardrobe you have, we might need to be a little more careful considering Jinju was next door! Kekeke! ^_^ xoxox

 

 

To Key

From Seyun

Why thank you Oppa, ^-^ I'm glad you liked it! But who cares about Jinju? She won't snitch, and even if she does who would believe her? <3 Xx

 

 

To Seyun

From Key

I suppose you are right Yeobo, I'm worrying too much. Can I come over tomorrow? I want you back in my arms! <3 Saranghae, my only true love! <3 xoxox

 

 

 

They went on and on, each one tearing another piece from Jonghyun's heart. How could he do this? Why would he do this? It was a trick, a foolish prank, it had to be. But the evidence was staring him right in the face, the messages kept coming, more and more love texts, like secret lovers writing letters to the other. Rage was building up inside him, his eyes grew wide as his vision grew red, his hands clenched to fists around the silver device.

 

So it was true: Key was cheating on him!

 

At that moment, the sound of keys rattling in the door lock sounded through the house and Key walked through the door,

 

"Annyeong, Yeobo! I'm home!" He called out with his happy sing-song tone as he came around the corner, dropping his bags in the hall. However, his grin faltered slightly when he took in Jonghyun's stance in the living room and his lack of response to his greeting. Then he noticed the little rectangle object Jonghyun was holding very tightly in his hand.

 

“Jonghyun, why do you have my phone?”

 

 


Again, i am really sorry about the quality of this chapter but i have really been stretched for time and this was the best i could do! Anyway, thank you to everyone who has been supporting me and Kamsahamnida especially to puppy_hyungPab0PandaPrinterPaperhanyhany and SohAnna for subscribing since my last update! Also, i don't usually beg for comments, but on this chapter i could really use some feedback, any sort will be welcome and useful, so Kamsahamndia to all of you reading this, i promise to be a better writer in the future! 

Ppyong,

BabyLocket Xx