The Party

Shattered Trust - Was It Even Whole To Start With?

Annyeong! :) Mianhae it has been so long since my last update but I have had so much else to do, it has been CRAZY!!! I'm really thankful to you guys for being patient with me, I honestly did mean to update sooner but unfortunately I have to have a life outside of K-Pop to deal with. Anyway, I hope you like this next update, it's a little short but enjoy!

 

The next afternoon, Key busied himself with preparation for the party. He picked out nice outfits for his boyfriend and himself, then spent a long time with his hair and make up. Jonghyun did everything his diva asked of him with a smile on his face, he knew how much he loved a party but he was still confused by his feelings he had experienced the previous day. He tried to just shake them off. When Key finally decided they were ready, he pulled Jonghyun down excitedly to the car and they drove there.

 

When they arrived they were met with a load of glittering decorative lights outside Jinju's home; it was beautiful. As it was already getting dark, the lights melded with the end of the sunset still occurring in the sky. When Jonghyun exited the car he walked around to the other side and like the gentleman he was, he held the door open for his lover and used his other hand to help him out of the car, Jonghyun could see his Key practically bouncing in his shoes. He chuckled to himself and slipped his arm around his boyfriend's waist, making Key momentarily get shy and blush, before he suddenly regained his air of Diva-ness and held his head up high as they walked towards the door of the building.

 

 

Upon entrance, Key and Jonghyun were met with the loud sound of music as it surrounded and was carried through the whole house, it was not too loud as to be annoying or too hard to talk over, it was just right to set the mood of an energetic party. When they walked inside there was a man who took their coats and they wandered through the rooms, weaving in and out of the people there; there were quite a few people there but not too many as to be overcrowded. The atmosphere was perfect. As they passed through people, Jonghyun and Key noticed that they knew many of the people there, from their present lives as well as for Key, who met people who he had not seen in years but who he used to be very close with. They had lighthearted conversation for a good while, until Jonghyun reminded Key that they still had to meet their host, to which Key reacted in grabbing his arm and dragging him firmly, but gently, to find out where those two girls had got to. Eventually they stumbled across their two hostesses chatting to a few of their other guests. As they walked over to them, Seyun saw Key and cried out over the music,

 

“Hi Oppa! I'm so glad to see you here” She said with a sweet smile on her face and her eyes were sparkling. Key grinned at the sight of her and they both tightly embraced. Jonghyun just bit the inside of his cheek and tried to suppress the feelings he felt when she touched HIS Key. He knew it was irrational to feel this way, they were old friends and Key had every right to hug his friends, right? He shook his head, he didn't want to ruin the evening with his jealously... or whatever he was feeling.

 

 

As the evening went on, they danced, chattered, drank and danced some more. It was just such a casual evening and as the lights blared and music sounded, they couldn't resist but have a good time. Key seemed radiant as he danced with Jonghyun and then with Seyun. While the two old friends danced, Jinju leant against the wall next to Jonghyun.

 

“You know, Jonghyun, You are so lucky to have Key. I'm sure there must be so many others who envy you for him. I mean look at Seyun, she hasn't seen him in ages and is already having so much fun with him. She was talking about him non stop since we bumped into you. It's sweet but also a little annoying... oh, you won't tell her I said that will you?” She babbled on and Jonghyun just shook his head, his train of thought still on what she had said.

 

She was right, there were many other people who wanted his Key, and he couldn't let them get him, Key was his and he was Key's right? “You know, but Key is also very lucky to have you. I mean you are so protective of him, anyone would love to have a man with what you have. I'm only saying, but I'm not sure if Key always sees how lucky he is, I mean look at the way he is dancing with Seyun” she noted and gestured over to the pair. Jonghyun's eyes narrowed as he saw their bodies moving together to the beat, Key's arms occasionally wrapping around her waist and her arms going around his neck.

To anyone else, it would have looked like two friends enjoying the music and having fun, but that wasn't quite what Jonghyun saw, in fact he started to see red. This was crossing the line, no one got to dance like that with HIS Key, except HIM. Ignoring the looks of those around him, he marched over to the two and said harshly,

 

“Mind if I cut in?” and then took Key's hand and said to him, “We need to talk.” but Key just looked confused and murmmered,

 

“But Hyung, we were dancing...” Jonghyun shook his head, Key could see he was going to be stubborn, he sighed and turned to Seyun who was watching with confusion and a little worry. “Yunnie, why don't you go talk to some of your other guests, I just need to find out what this guy here...” he sighed, waving sarcastically in Jonghyun's direction, only angering him further, “...wants” She nodded and walked off while Key was grudgingly led to another room with no one in so they could talk privately.

 

 

Jonghyun turned round to face him.

 

“Key, why do you keep hugging her?” Key looked taken aback at the sudden and forward question,

 

“Hyung, she's my friend, who I haven't seen for years” he began but he was soon cut off.

 

“Can't you be friendly in another way other than touching?” At this Key became indignant and a bit angry as he replied,

 

“And why can't I touch her? Hmm? Am I not allowed physical contact?” Their voices had been raising louder and louder as each line was argued and Jonghyun shook his head at Key's reply. He responded loudly,

 

“You can have as much physical contact as you want, just not with her... with me!” At this, Key's inner Diva came out and ran his fingers stylishly through his dark hair and put his hands on his hips, pushing his shoulders back and giving him the very radiance of the message do-not-mess-with-me!

 

“You are being ridiculous Hyung. Don't ruin this evening for me, if you don't like it here then just go home.” He said and stormed out of the room but as soon as he left, Jonghyun could see is face light up with a smile as he went back to talk to Seyun, Jinju and some of their friends.

 

 


Well, was it ok? I hope so. The chapters will get longer and have more depth in them as I continue so I hope you will stick with me. Kamsahamnida especially to myla42iamgeochanAlassie18jongkey15zakiakhan for subscribing since my last update and I hope all of you enjoyed this update. I will try to make my updates more frequent but at the moment I don't want to make any promises incase I can't keep them. Mianhae about that. Thank you for your feedback and I really appreciate it so don't be shy to leave a comment. Please feel free to subscribe if this is your first time reading my story and you are enjoying it! ^-^Kamsahamnida again,

Ppyong,

BabyLocket Xx