Jealousy and An Argument

Shattered Trust - Was It Even Whole To Start With?

 

Annyeong! :) I am so so SOOOOOO Sorry it has been so long since my last update, i have just had the WORST writer's block and loads of other stuff to do so i am very very sorry! *bows* please forgive me? <3 Hope you enjoy this chapter! 

 

As Jonghyun watched Key storm back to the girls, he realised he had been a bit out of line. He had clearly just overreacted, Key had every right to be close to his friends, they were just old buddies, right? He shook his head, of course they were. He went through the rooms until he found the one which was handing out the alcohol and ordered a drink, he needed to calm his nerves, he had no idea what had got into him. The rest of the evening passed casually enough, there were no more heated arguments and Jonghyun seemed to have got over his jealous emotions. After a few more hours of talking, drinking and dancing, Jonghyun and Key decided it was time to head back.

 

 

They were about to say goodnight when suddenly Jinju appeared again next to Key, she was still smiling.

 

“Hey Key, my phone's out of charge, can I borrow yours?” She asked sweetly, Key just pulled his phone out, unlocked it and handed it to her.

 

“Here you go,” he answered with a smile,

 

“Ah, thanks! You're a life saver!” She said and rushed off. Just as she dashed off, Seyun walked over with a casual smile on her face.

 

“You guys ready to go?” she asked and the two of them nodded, a little wearily but still contented. Seyun stepped forward and embraced Key tightly and he returned it just as eagerly. He whispered into her ear,

 

“We had a great time tonight, i'm so glad you're back!” When they came out of the embrace, Key kept his arms around her waist. Seyun giggled a little and replied,

 

“Nado, Key. I'm glad too, we need to meet up again soon!” they were both grinning at each other, ready to make new shopping plans.

 

“Oh, definitely!”

 

While this banter was going on between the two of them, Jonghyun looked on, almost suspiciously. The words Jinju had spoke to him kept ringing in his ears. Did Key even care about how this made him feel? Or did Seyun matter more to him than he did? But he tried to ignore it, he didn't want to get Key angry with him but he couldn't take his eyes off Key's arms, still wound around his old friend. He looked away for a moment but what he saw when he turned back almost made him lose it with his jealousness for the second time that evening. He saw Key peck her on the cheek, while she giggled cutely, it made Jonghyun cringe. He did that to Key, Key was the one who giggled under his touch and kisses but now he watched on helplessly as he did it to her and he felt the red building up inside of him. He didn't want to make a scene in front of all of the other guests but he wanted to leave as soon as possible.

 

 

When Key and Seyun finally separated, she waved goodbye to Jonghyun with a smile on her face, but Jonghyun could only return a stiff nod. Key sighed and turned back to her as Jonghyun came over and grasped his boyfriend's hand.

 

“Mianhae, about him. I'm not sure what's got into him” he said as he was beginning to get dragged away to the car park. “Bye Yunnie!” He called over his shoulder as just before he was pulled round the corner and out of sight.

 

When the couple got back to the car, there was an annoyed silence on both of their parts. Jonghyun was focused on the road but he couldn't stop seeing images of Seyun and Key together, where as Key was annoyed at his boyfriend's behaviour in front of his friends. The whole ride home was an icy silence, neither knowing how or wanting to start a conversation. When they finally got home Jonghyun opened the door, locked the car and started to march towards their front door, not even bothering to help Key out of the car like he usually would. Key had already been on a short fuse because of the way Jonghyun had been towards his friends at the party, but seeing him act so rudely towards him was not helping the situation. He got out of the car and followed his boyfriend to the door and walked through it, closing it behind him. He turned round to see Jonghyun lazily take off his jacket and dump it right in the middle of the floor for no reason and was about to walk off when Key lost it.

 

 

“Jonghyun! I have had enough of this. What is wrong with you?” Key asked with his hands on his hips, supporting his don’t-even-think-of-messing-with-me face on. Jonghyun just looked over his shoulder in an annoyed state, mixed in with the after affects of drinking and snorted,

 

“Just go to bed Key.” If Jonghyun hadn't been in trouble then, that certainly did it. Key's eyes seemed to flare up and he took some rather threatening steps towards his boyfriend who remained unfazed.

 

“Oh no! You did NOT just give me an order, sending me to bed like a stupid little obedient housewife. You need to show me some respect and tell me what the hell has gotten into you!” Jonghyun looked frustrated when confronted by his partner and ran his hands through his hair as he groaned quietly to himself, there was a moment when neither of them said anything, before Jonghyun opened his mouth.

 

 

“Arasso, Key. If you really want to know, this is about how touchy, feely you have been towards that Seyun all this evening!” He said loudly into Key's face. Key looked shocked and then rather annoyed,

 

“Hyung, is that what all this has been over? Seyun and me? Jjongie, why do you keep going on about this? What is the big deal?” Key starting to question, stepping closer and closer to where his boyfriend stood in the hall, looking indignant.

 

“What's the big deal? I'll tell you what the 'big deal' is, that you where practically ignoring me all evening so you could be talking, dancing and hugging some other woman.” his voice was getting louder and louder as he spoke, making Key's temper rise with it.

 

“Some other woman? That 'other woman' is one of my closest friends. I have not seen her in years and as soon as I try to continue my friendship with her, you try to stop me.” Key's tone was getting angrier and higher pitched as he spoke with his hands still firmly planted on his hips.

 

“Maybe i'm trying to stop you, so you will remember that you still have me!”

 

“How dare you! You have no power in controlling who I see and are friends with. I am my own person Jonghyun. I may be your boyfriend, but that does not make me your possession. I will not be ruled by you, do you understand me!?”

 

“And I will not be spoken to like that, I don't care who you are to me, no one treats me like that!” Jonghyun's words were hard as he looked up at his boyfriend from down the hall.

 

 

“I will talk to you how I please, and I will not stop until you realise how stupid you are being, I am your boyfriend, not your servant and you cannot stop me seeing my friends.”

 

“Oh yeah?”

 

“Yes, of that I am certain. Seyun is my best friend from my childhood, nothing, and I really mean nothing, Jonghyun, will stop me from seeing her.” Keys voice was risen high now but he still held an air of determination over the situation, he would not be argued with. “I have never, never tried to stop you hanging around with your friends, you don't know what it is like to not be allowed to be with your friend after so long. Don't you even think how this is making me feel?” he said, his tone full of anger.

 

“How you feel? What about how I feel?!! You've been spending all your time with her and hardly even looked at me!”

 

“Ugh, what are you even talking about? Do you even hear yourself now? I've spent lots of time with you this morning and all this week, just because I want to spend some time with others doesn't mean I don't look at you!” Key was very angry now and was ready to march up the stairs to their bedroom. “Jonghyun, I have had enough of you acting like this. I won't stand here and listen to you talk nonsense. You have been acting strange ever since this evening.” he paused only to take a deep breath to continue, “I am not a possession, Jonghyun and no matter what you think, I do not need you breathing down my neck and being so over protective.” He shouted and turned to start walking up the stairs, but Jonghyun wasn't finished and he shouted after the retreating figure of his love.

 

 

“Well maybe I don't want to lose you!” he shouted at the top of his voice.

 

Key suddenly stilled and whipped around to face his love, his voice had sounded so broken and heart-felt despite the shouting that Key couldn't not notice. The view Key was met with surprised him and wrenched at his heart. There Jonghyun stood, hands shoved deep in his pockets as he didn't know what else to do with them, his hair was tousled after running his hands through it so many times, and there was agony in his eyes. Key was shocked into silence, he hadn't realised just how vulnerable this had made Jonghyun. He knew his suddenly close relationship with Seyun annoyed him but he never realised it had made him seriously doubt what they both had.

 

Jonghyun lowered his head and the shouting ended, still looking down Jonghyun repeated “I just... I just feel like I'm losing you, I really don't want that to happen. You mean too much to me Key, I don't know what I would do if you ever left me...” This last sentence broke Key's heart. No matter how much Jonghyun pushed his buttons and annoyed him, he still always would love him with all his heart, and he couldn't bear to see his lover in such self-doubt and despair.

 

 

Rushing down from his place on the stairs, Key ran towards the lonely puppy and enveloped him into a warm embrace, Jonghyun's arms quickly wound themselves tightly around the Diva's smaller frame and buried his head on his shoulder. Soon the Diva felt warm tears on his shoulder, his Jonghyun's silent tears.

 

“Shush, Yeobo. It's alright, it's going to be ok. I'm right here, I promise I'll always be here.” Jonghyun lifted his head enough to be able to look into his love's eyes,

 

“You promise? You'll never leave me?”

 

“Never, nae Sarang. you are my world Jjongie. I'm not going anywhere.” Jonghyun smiled gratefully, his hand coming up to tuck a stray strand of hair away from Key's eyes.

 

“Mianhae Key for being so over protective.” Key looked up lovingly into Jonghyun's eyes,

 

“Nado, Jonghyun. I'm sorry for not trying to understand how you were feeling”

 

Both of them looked at each other with such an intense gaze of love, they both knew the argument was forgiven and forgotten. Jonghyun cupped the side of Key's face and gently lent in to kiss his lips, sweetly and tenderly; full of love. When the kiss ended they opened their eyes to each other.

 

“Saranghae nae Key”

 

“Nado Saranghae, Yeobo”

 

 


Was this alright? I hope so! Please leave some feedback if you could, whether it be compliments or criticism, anything is appreciated! So Kamsahamndia to everyone who has read this story so far and all my subscribers for sticking with me through this stressful month! Thanks go out especially to VIP611 for subscribing while i have been away! Thanks so much to you all, i can't say it enough! I will try to update again soon, but unfortunately i can't make any promises! Love you all so much!!

Ppyong,

BabyLocket Xx