Proving Innocence

Shattered Trust - Was It Even Whole To Start With?

 

Annyeong! :) Sorry again for the delay, my computer had trouble for a while but I have finally finished getting this chapter written and saved. I hope you enjoy! 

 

 

Once Onew and Minho had been ushered inside by their expectant dongsaeng, they recounted everything they had found out from Seyun; how she had also been victimised and how Jinju had taken her phone also on the night of the party and not returned it, proving how the texts had been forged. They also explained their theory that Jinju had planned from the start to split up JongKey and how from what Seyun had told them, they believed it was her intention to take Jonghyun for herself. It was already getting very late by the time they got to the end of their tale.

 

All the way through their speech, Taemin had sat in silence, digesting all that was said to him with a firm scowl on his face as his eyes were lowered to the carpet, and his hands balled into fists at his side. When they finished, he finally looked up and made eye contact first with his boyfriend and then with his older Hyung. Both could see the burning angry passion in his eyes and once again were glad they were not on the receiving end.

 

“So to get this straight – This Bi-” Taemin narrowly avoided swearing, catching himself at the last moment and mumbling under his breath. He took a deep breath in and breathed it out in a long sigh to calm himself. “Sorry.” He stated and his Hyungs offered him a slight smile before he began again. “So let me get this straight - This Jinju girl befriended Seyun, then convinced her to move back to Seoul, got her dad to give her a scholarship just because of her childhood friendship with Umma so that she could meet Jonghyun and then break them up so that she would have a chance at being with Jonghyun Hyung?” He asked incredulously.

 

 

Onew and Minho looked at each other before nodding. They too thought it was ridiculous lengths to go to but thought it was even more so to hear it said aloud.

“Apparently so” Onew finally voiced, his tone laced with sneer.

“So we know that Jinju had both phones, so she obviously faked the text messages. You said Seyun said she didn't get her's back?” Taemin paused and the other two nodded, “So how did Jonghyun get this?” He asked, indicating to Key's phone which Minho had taken back out of his pocket and was twirling between his fingers.

 

Minho stopped and thought for a moment, turning the phone over once more in his hand, much slower than before.

“Jinju must have brought it round herself when Key went out during the day. It's the only way she would have been able to give it to him without Key being in the way” He gravely pointed out. Then he continued, “And what did Key say that Jonghyun said before he left?” He asked. Taemin's eyes widened a fraction as he realised what his boyfriend was getting at.

“He said he told him he was 'going to Jinju's'...” He said, in a quiet voice. “And he would only have thought to go there if she had invited him to when she gave him the phone” The others nodded their agreement to the theory.

 

“We have to tell Jonghyun.” Onew finally said after a moment of silence had settled over the three of them.

“I agree” Minho stated, “But will he listen to us? He didn't even listen to Key when he tried to explain himself!”

“You're right. Jinju's got her claws deep into him” Taemin added. “But I think if you sit him down and get it through to him, he will listen. Just make sure she isn't there and that you can hold him if you need to!”

 

 

 

The next morning, Minho's car pulled up outside of Jonghyun's and 'should be Key's' apartment, and the door bell was rung sharply.When Jonghyun opened the door, he was met with the face of a very sad and angry Taemin who stepped forwards and pulled his hand back, slapping him in the face. It didn't hurt him much but he was still surprised by this action from his dongsaeng.

 

“You Hyung, are an Idiot!” he cried and tried to hit him again but Minho came behind of him and kept his arms by his sides, whispering something into his ear. His figure rather deflated and he nodded before looking back up to his Hyung. “You have hurt Umma and you have almost ruined everything. Listen VERY carefully to what Onew and Minho Hyung have to say and then get ready to make it up to Key Umma. I have to go back and comfort him, he's depressed enough as it is.” Taemin said angrily and with Jonghyun still as confused as he was after the strike, he turned and marched away, leaving him looking into the disappointed and determined faces of Onew and Minho.

“Lets go inside, we have some information you need to hear.”

 

 

Once they were inside, Jonghyun led them to the living room where they found that snake, Jinju stretched out across one of the sofas, the very same one that Minho had come in to find Key curled up in with tears streaming down his face when he came to pick him up, the afternoon before. But Jinju clearly didn't know, or if she did, she didn't care for she was in a far too comfortable and rather suggestive position. The sight made the both Onew and Minho want to cringe and they felt anger build up inside them, even a rather sickened feeling seeing her look so comfortable here after everything she had done and still she didn't bat an eyelid. They thought back to Key and how wronged he was and all thanks to that girl! It was at this point that she noticed their arrival and she had the nerve to act innocently surprised.

 

“Oppa, why are your friends here? I didn't know you were expecting them?” she said in a sickly sweet tone, or at least it seemed that way to the others but Jonghyun just crossed over the room to sit beside her and smiled down to her as he said,

“I wasn't.” Just as he was about to say more, Jinju gasped a little and brought her hand up to his cheek,

“Omo, Oppa. Why is your cheek so red? Did something happen?” Jonghyun just smiled sweetly to her,

“It's nothing, Taemin just got a bit overexcited I think. He said these guys had some information for me?” She looked up surprised again.

“Really? What information?” she said still in her sweet voice. Whilst she looked at Jonghyun her features were that of a pure angel, but once he looked away, the two could see behind her act. They felt even worse when they saw the satisfied smirk of an expression plastered on her face. Now that they could see her true self between her lies and pretences, it was so obvious that they were surprised others ever fell for it, but she was like a master of disguise; undetectable. They shook their heads, they had a mission they had to complete!

 

“I don't think you need to be present to hear this, Miss” Onew said in a strained polite tone whilst he tried to control the deadly glare he so wanted to give her. Jonghyun then looked up sharply to his Hyung and instantly became defensive of the woman stretched out on his furniture.

“You have no right to come here and try to kick my other guest out!”

“Ani, Jjongie, it's alright. I had to leave anyway. Call me when you're done, arasso?” and she kissed him on the cheek, her leg flicking out flirtatiously as she did. She then slung her handbag over her shoulder and strutted out, blowing a kiss over her shoulder at Jonghyun as she went.

 

 

Both Onew and Minho watched this spectacle with a mixture of rage and disbelief. They were so angry for Jinju's manipulation and shock that Jonghyun was allowing it. They stared, barely able to keep their jaws from dropping as she left the room and they heard the front door slam. Then they turned back to Jonghyun to find him settled back in the sofa as if he didn't have a care in the world and had no problem with a girl he barely knew strutting around his home like she owned the place.

 

“Well, what is it that you wanted? Don't just stand there, come and sit down if your staying” He gestured for them to take a seat but they stayed in the doorway.

“Hyung, what was she doing here?” Minho asked. Jonghyun looked like he was deciding whether to get defensive or just tell the truth anyway, he chose the latter option.

“I invited her round. She has been the only one there for me after what Key did.” He said, with a bitter tone. He glanced his friends up and down, “Which I imagine you knew all about.”

 

“We know about how you attacked your boyfriend and kicked him out of the house, if that is what you are on about.” Onew stated. His voice hardened and so unlike his usual care-free tone. When Jonghyun heard this, his back straightened and he no longer looked relaxed. His jaw tightened and his stare turned icy as he replied,

“Really?” in monotone.

“Really.” Onew asserted back.

 

 

At this, Jonghyun stood up and marched over to where his Hyung and dongsaeng stood and began to size them up.

“You don't know what that liar did to me.” His voice getting louder as his anger grew. “He's been cheating on me ever since his old 'friend' came back to Seoul! I had every right to want him out of here! I never want to see him again! And now you come in here DEFENDING him?!” He finished shouting. There was a rage in his eyes which the other two had never seen before and once again they cursed Jinju for all she had done to their friends.

 

Minho stepped forward and gripped the smaller's shoulders and forced him to meet his eyes.

“Hyung, calm down. We came to talk – to explain. Just give us a chance and maybe then you might change your mind on the matter.”

“There is nothing you can say that will change my opinion of that cheating filth” Jonghyun huffed but still walked back over to the armchair and sat down, irritatedly indicating to the others to sit down also, which this time they did. “Let's get this over with”

“Look, I know you might not believe this but...” And so, the two told Jonghyun everything, in a similar way they had told Taemin, including the theories they had about Jinju and making sure to add in every now and then, the tole it all had taken on Key so as to hopefully soften Jonghyun's hardened heart.

 

 

Throughout their recount, Jonghyun stayed grudgingly silent with a rather hostile expression on his face, at times his anger seemed to recede until he would bristle and disbelief would once again cloud his face and it was obvious to Onew and Minho that he still did not seem to believe them. Once they had finished, Jonghyun just looked at them and raised one of his eyebrows,

“Do you expect me to believe that this is all some sort of evil master plan made by Jinju to separate Key and me?” Minho and Onew looked to each other in exasperation, they knew it was a long shot for him to believe them straight away, but Jonghyun just didn't seem to grasp what they were saying.

 

“Why is it so hard to believe that Key is innocent? Why are you trying to hard to defend Jinju? You barely know her!” Onew asked incredulously.

“Why would she lie?” Jonghyun shot back with a certain arrogance. Something in Onew seemed to snap. An anger that was rarely ever seen in the eldest suddenly filled his eyes and his nostrils flared as his hands balled into fists, causing Jonghyun to waver for a moment under the scrutiny and rage of his Hyung.

“Why would she lie? Why would SHE lie? Why would your boyfriend who LOVES you with everything fibre of his being, every breath he ever breathes, with every beat of his heart, CHEAT ON YOU?” He yelled. Jonghyun's eyes widened, Onew practically never raised his voice, he had always been the calm and deadly type and to see him wound up enough to shout made him very much reconsider his standing point.

 

Onew then picked up a picture frame from the mantle piece and whipped back around to face the dinosaur, brandishing it in his face,

“Look at this, Jonghyun. Look at this!” It was a photo of Key and Jonghyun together from earlier that year, it was winter and they were in the middle of a snow covered garden, both were wearing big coats along with long scarfs and bobbly winter hats, Jonghyun was bear-hugging Key from behind, his gloved hands winding their way around the slender boy's waist whilst Key's mitten covered ones lay atop them, keeping his boyfriend's hands where they were as he leant back into him. They both were smiling. “THIS is real, Jonghyun. Not some phony texts on a scrap of metal and plastic. The love that Key has for you and has always had for you should be enough to believe him. What has Key ever done to deserve this of you? When has he ever shown even the slightest sign that he would be disloyal? How can you be so quick to judge him when all he has ever done is love you? Think about it Jonghyun because from where I am standing, it doesn't make much sense at all.”

 


So, there you go. I am going on holiday for two weeks in a couple of days and I don't know if I will be able to upload while i am away but I will have plenty of time to write so I should have a chapter ready when I get back, in any case. Kamsahamnida to everyone who has been supporting me, including nihongo24MayBaby1995, and tigosxx for subscribing since my last update. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I will update as soon as I can! Please feel free to subscribe if you are a new reader and comments are much appreciated! <3 

Ppyong,

BabyLocket Xx