Chapter 7: Cho Nabi: Colleague: Part 2

Criminal Minds

 

 

“41-year-old Kim Dong sun was found dead yesterday afternoon in a public restroom after being shot in the head. According to police, only the wound remained with no fingerprints to be found, and the bullet was also missing. It is said that Mr.Kim was stripped of all his belongings.  Kim Dong Sun was the CEO of what used to be a large company called BioOpt, however, due to the insane stock rise to a rival company—SEMTEC—BioOpt quickly began to diminish. Here is Ahn Cho Min with the story.”

Suho stared at the tv intensely. Seated to the right of him were Nabi and her colleague whose name he found to be Nam Minjun.

“Do you think it happened after the meeting yesterday?” Minjun asked, unbelieving of what was going on in front of his eyes.

“It had to be. There would have been no other reason. . .” Nabi muttered over a bowl of noodles, eyes still glued to the television, hoping that something would reveal what had happened. Suho on the other hand, could care less about the man and more about Baekhyun. Had he really gone and robbed that company? Why wasn’t it on the news? He was sure that if something like that happened, the company would have told authorities before anyone else.

“Well isn’t someone deep in thought. Care to share?” Minjun pointed a look toward Suho, and he sighed and shook his head shrugging.

“It just worries me. What if they’ll come after us next?” He lied through his teeth with a nervous to match. “I can’t die yet…” He whispered.

“They probably don’t even know about us. If they did, you just joined today. You’re safe. Nabi on the other hand…” Nabi smirked proudly, and continued to watch tv.

“Nabi? Why?”

“She once took down two crazy groups on her own. Well. She had some help here and there, but practically, she was the main reason they failed. She’s our best.” Suho nodded impressed, but not really caring.

“Well I’m going to get some sleep. Cut off the tv when you two are done. You know boss doesn’t like high electric bills.” The two nodded as Minjun left the room, and things become silent as both paid attention to the TV.

Once again, Suho was lost in thought. If this was what Baekhyun was doing, he couldn’t’ help but wonder what the others were doing. He knew they could take care of themselves—he’d taught them how. He made sure that they would never be hurt before he was, but now he began to doubt. Out of them all, he was sure everyone was doing well except D.O. In fact, no one knew where the boy had gone after the mission failure. They hadn’t seen him or heard from him. He wasn’t even there for the meeting afterwards. For all they knew…he could be…

“You’ve been so stiff since that recording yesterday. What’s your problem? Don’t give me that scared-for-your-life bullcrap either.” Suho smiled. He would have liked nothing more at that moment than to tell her and get all these thoughts and guilt off his head, but he made a promise he intended to keep.

“It’s nothing.”

 


 

 

After that news report, the media never commented about Kim Dong Sun ever again. The citizens were highly suspicious, but suddenly the week after, a man was arrested and said to be actual murderer. His face was never showed on television, and his name was never released to the public, but after that people had quieted down.

It was a year later when things began to turn themselves over. He’d gotten along but nicer with Nabi. She actually enjoyed his company, but still didn’t want him to touch her at all, but he was fine with that. As long as he could be by the girl’s side.  He enjoyed her company, and though she barely said anything to him about it, he felt that she acknowledged his too.

Now Suho found himself following Nabi to her daytime job, which he found to be a care near a small park named Starlight Café.  He had had to beg her to allow him to go, and if he had another choice, he would have let her be at peace, but unlike her, he didn’t have a day job, and sitting around discussing computer terms with Minjun simply wasn’t a pleasing idea. Not at all.

“Sit there. Don’t cause trouble.” He nodded and sat, pulling out his laptop, and about to do the opposite.  He eyed Nabi carefully, and the moment she went to the back, he began typing like no tomorrow. He knew she was going to get angry for this, but he hadn’t pranked anyone in a while. A really long while. On top of that, he was bored with nothing to do. Another waitress came to the cashier, and a new customer walked in. Perfect.

He watched innocently as they exchanged a few words before she pressed a few items into the computer and that was it. He was nearly dying to see her press the enter key. So close. Just oh so close. A few seconds and

She pressed it.

And nothing happened. Suho gaped and turned to check his computer when he noticed it was off.

“I said NOT to cause trouble.” He smiled and raised his hands in defeat.

“Fine, fine I’m do—“

“Guys?!” Both turned to the door to find Minjun panting, an extremely horrified expression on his face.

“MinJun?” he gestured outside the café, and both followed to have him explain as to what was going on.

“That man. Kim Dong sun. Apparently, he has business partners, and they think that we’re the ones who killed him. They came to the company, but the higher ups already had it protected, but one of them managed to steal an important piece of information. We have to get it back, but…we actually have to enter their company. Boss already has identities set up for whoever is going.

“I’ll go.” Nabi offered.

“Isn’t that dangerous?” Suho worriedly asked, but the woman shook her head, not allowing him to step up for her. She could do anything on her own. She didn’t need help. She could do this. Suho frowned.

“Be careful.”

 


 

Nabi walked the hallways of BioOpt in complete disguise. Now, she was no longer Cho Nabi. She was the new Korean-Italian business partner, Seonhee Vespucci. Her usual dark brown hair was replaced by golden brown locks, and her once brown eyes were now a glowing hazel. Fake freckles dotted her cheeks, while there was a newly placed mole on the corner of her eye..

“Right this way, Seonhee. Boss won’t be here for about twenty minutes, so please, take your time.” The secretary left, and Nabi pulled out her small laptop, beginning to work in incognito mode.  Twenty minutes was stretching. Even she hadn’t been this timed with these many files. The company held millions of files, and she didn’t even know what she was looking for.

“How is it going?” Suho sounded in her right ear.

“I don’t know.. What are we looking for?

“Minjun doesn’t know. I don’t know. Boss said he doesn’t know, but we have to find it. They said it’s a rare file type. 17 minutes.” Shoo nodded, typing faster, but only finding .rar files and a million others.

“There’s no way I can find this. I don’t know what I’m looking for!”

“How many computers are connect to the network?”

“Hundreds. . . but hold on.” She typed faster, and went into the computer administrative system.

“14 minutes.”

“I think I found it! There’s two other administrative computers.” She pushed forward in her task, but was immediately brought up with a password screen.

“This is bad. How minutes do I have?”

“Going on 12.”

“That’s not anywhere near enough time for dictionary…”

“Calm down. I’m sending you a program. It’ll take three minutes to install. While it’s installing, I need you to feed me all of their security from the date March 13.”

“What? Why—“

“Just do it.” Suho’s voice turned cold and she agreed, doing as he said. “9 minutes.” He said, and suddenly things became real. Nabi could feel the sweat on her face multiply and hopefully not ruin her identity.

“Wait, Suho! I’ve got it! It’s cracked. I’m in!” He smiled on the other line.

“That’s good what do you see?”

“On both desktops..there’s only one file, and it’s not even the recycling bin. One is named K and the other M.” Suho froze unsure of what to do.

“Click it.” She nodded, btu the moment she placed her mouse of either icon her laptop screen went blackand the computer began to delete itself.

“No. No no…”

“What? What’s going on?” She read the three words aloud that appeared in bright red on the screen. “ I see you.”

“No. Nabi. No. Get out of there right now. You need to leave—“

“What?”

“LEAVE!” She cringed under his voice—the first time she’d ever heard him yell, and packed her laptop, but the moment she stood up, the door slammed open revealing two men dressed in black.

“Who are you?!” She  backed away.

“We know who you are and what you’ve done…Khan Shuhrah.” Nabi froze, her laptop dropping the floor. No one knew that. No one was supposed to know her real name. Only her boss knew, right? This wasn’t…

“Nabi?” Suho asked, but she hadn’t replied. She was too shocked. To scared. She didn’t want to go to jail again. She didn’t want to see more policemen. As they inched closer, she crawled backward, stopping at a wall.

The last thing Suho heard was her scream.

 


 

Suho rushed in without a disguise. He didn’t know what was happening to her, but he wasn’t going to let her get taken as hostage.

“Sir excuse me, you have to—“ He pushed pas the lobby woman, and immediately went to the elevator and up to the floor Nabi was last seen.As the doors open, she saw a pair of feet being dragged down one end of the hallway.

“Nabi!” He shouted, running after the men, who as soon as they turned was hit with the steel toe of Suho’s boot. One was knocked out as the other did not look too happy. The man pulled out a knife and Suho got into a fighting stance as he slit his eyes toward Nabi who was frozen on the floor, her large eyes staring at him in horror.

“Nabi! Leave! I’ll catch up!” Slowly and hesitantly, she nodded, and  left the scene leaving Suho alone, as his eyes matched with that of the man.

Here we go.

 


 

Nabi never saw Suho after that. He laptop wasn’t broken, but by the time she’d gotten to it, the two files she’d downloaded were gone.  She missed him, but something told her, that that wouldn’t be last of Kim Suho.

 


 

omg. Just kill me. I CAN'T EVEN. THAT WAS SO DIFFICULT TO WRITE, AND ITS ALL BULLCRAP. UGH. STUPID NUMBER 14.