A Bit Of Light

Awake (dropped)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just another morning in this freaking hospital with just another day of having to endure the white walls and not having anything to dress in besides those hospital clothes.

Those were the first things that came to my mind when I woke up again. The light from outside was shining into my room where I was lying on the uncomfortable hospital bed. Slowly, I lifted my head. Somhow I was sleeping on my stomach though I had no idea how I had been able to move during the night without falling off this bed.

I looked towards the window. The sun wasn't shining into my room directly but enough to make the white walls near the window seem even brighter than they most likely were.

I groaned and hid my face in the pillows again. Just then, the door was being opened.

"Good morning, Mr Kim!"

Not again...

"It's time to get up~!" the nurse sang happily and I just groaned once again. That was too much brightness for one morning!

"I see, you're already awake! That's good to know! You know, the early bird catches the worm and now get up, Mr Kim~!"

"Shut the up with your happiness and get out!"

"Such impolite words, Kim Heechul." She clicked with her tongue. "You really shouldn't use words like that here in the hospital."

I turned my head and glared at her. "Get. Out!" I repeated.

"Not before you get up," she replied in a sing-song voice and with a happy smile on her face.

"I'm not going to do anything before you left this freaking ugly room!" My mood became darker with every second she was here as well.

"Sir, watch your-"

"GET THE OUT!" I yelled and sat up again, glaring at her. Why didn't she understand that I wanted to be left alone!?

She was looking at me, scared now. "I-I will come back in half an hour to bring you your breakfast."

I growled quietly and watched her leaving the room. When the door was finally closed, I lay back down on the bed.

What could I do today? Just screaming at the nurses wasn't that much of an option. Tian and Seiran wouldn't arrive today. Maybe in a week. Mot likely not sooner than that.

I did not have any clothes here. That was the first point that needed to be changed! But whom could I call? No one from school! I was the school's prince, I couldn't let my image be ruined just like that, not even in a situation like this! Who else was there to call...? There was Kibum... but he was from school as well. Even if he was my best friend... Could I risk it? Could I risk him coming over and then make him get my clothes? What if he stole something? Or if he sold those things in school!?

My mind froze for a moment during which I realized what I had just thought about my best friend.

I needed to get the heck out of this building and that as fast as possible before I was going even more crazy than I already had!

I got up and went out of my rooms. Yes, it was embarrasing to go out in these clothes, but I didn't have any other options right now.

I went to the front and politely knocked on the open door and waited for the nurse to turn around and realize that I was there. Then I started to talk. "I'm Kim Heechul. And I just wanted to ask if I could get the things that I have had with me during the accident as soon as possible."

"Let's start with a good morning, Mr Kim."

I rolled my eyes. "Good morning," I said ironically, though this morning was anything but good.

"And now let me see where I will find them," the nurse said and slowly walked back to her computer, showing that she had a lot of time. The computer was even slower than she had been and I started to wonder if there could be anything that was slower than that nurse and the computer. But I soon found out that there was - the program she was working with on her computer made everything go half as fast as it had been before.

I swear, I might've starved if no wonder had happened and the program hadn't loaded. But now it also had to work. The nurse typed in my name and then - nothing. Again at least another eternity before she said, "The usuable things have been put into the nightstand in your room."

"Thank you," I growled and left as fast as possible. I couldn't believe that I had been waiting that long for an answer like that! The nightstand! Why hadn't I looked there before myself?

Back in my room, I immediately opened the nightstand and found - my portemonnaie, my cell phone, my keys, and a necklace I had been carrying when we had had that accident. No clothes. Of course not.

But at least my phone was there, that way I could call Kibum.

Without hesitating for another bit, I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up. I had no clue what day it was but regarding I had had my birthday, we were on summer break anyways. And if that was not the case, maybe it was the weekend.

It was beeping for an eternity and in the end I had to call again before a very sleepy Kibum picked up. "Yeoboseyo?" He yawned.

I couldn't help but smile lightly. "Morning, Kibum-ah."

It was quiet for a moment, then I heard something rustle. "Heechul??" Kibum's unbelieving voice resonated.

"Yup, it's me."

"What have you been doing? That was your car in the accident, wasn't it? It was in the news yesterday! Tell me, what happened? Where are you? Are you at the hospital? Are they treating you okay? What happened to-"

"Kibum!" If the situation hadn't been so serious I guess that I would've been laughing at his many questions. "I'm going crazy here! I need you!"

"But what-"

"I'll tell you everything that happened when you come over, okay?"

It was quiet for a moment and I supposed that Kibum was thinking about whether he should go now or not, then he spoke up again. "Where are you?"

"I'm at the hospital that's near the restaurant I have been to with my parents and Hannie. You know which one I mean, don't you?"

"Yes, I do. I'll be there in about half an hour."

"Thank you, Kibum. You're the best."

"See you~"

Then the line was dead. I sighed. Half an hour that I had to survive in this psychiatry called 'hospital'. That was a long time!

 

In the end the half hour hadn't been that bad. I had had the possibility to fight with one of the nurses once again and I could swear that by the next day none of them would enter my room willingly again. I wanted to shower but of course I wasn't allowed to. "In two or three days you will be allowed to shower with help," she had replied in a stern voice. Two or three days??? Did they know what they were doing to me???

They still gave me breakfast and though I had planned not to eat it at first, I did in the end because my stomach was growling.

I had just finished breakfast and put the tray on my nightstand, trying to figure out what I could do next when the door was opened. "Hyuuuuung~!!!!"

"Kibum-ah!" I never knew that one single word could make you be so happy, but it could. "I've missed you my lovely saengie! Come here!" I added and spread my arms for him. Quickly, he ran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter