Waking Up

Awake (dropped)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up to an annoying beeping tone. Oh god, I could kill the thing that produced this noise! I had a terrible headache and my throat was dry. I couldn't exactly say what else hurt but it felt like it was everything.

I groaned and tried to open my eyes but the light was so bright that I closed them again immediately. White. Bright. Damn, what was this?! If this was supposed to be Heaven, why did it hurt so much and why was I there in the first place?

I tried to open my eyes again. It was still too bright but it was bearable this time. After a couple of blinks, I could even see something. The white ceiling had different structures, the light wasn't quite as bright as before.

I turned my head to the site. A hospital. What had happened?

...

The accident... Rain... Someone protecting me...

My eyes widened in shock and the machine's beeping stopped for a second before it went faster than before. Hankyung! My parents!

I immediately tried to get up but was held back by some weird machines. I hadn't even noticed that the heart machine wasn't the only thing I was bound to. Damn it! I had to know what had happened to the others! How were they now?

Suddenly the door was opened and interrupted my thoughts. Who the heck...?

"Mr Kim? Is everything okay?"

I looked at the nurse, a young woman, in confusion and annoyance. "Yes, why?" I asked back coldly.

"Because the heartmachine-"

"Yes, yes, don't worry about that," I replied and waved her off, but then changed my mind. "Could I maybe ask you something?" I asked, keeping my voice from sounding too eage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter