Realization

Awake (dropped)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't have anything to wear.

I want to be away.

I hate hospitals.

I look terrible for sure.

My parents....

Are they really dead?

Hannie!

I have to go to him!

But...

My body feels like it's made of stone...

 

"Good morning, Mr Kim."

you, too!

"Mr Kim, wake up!"

Shut up!

"Mr Kim, breakfast is ready!"

I feel like throwing up!

"Mr Kim! You really should wake up!"

Kiss my .

"I know that you're awake~!"

Liar.

"Mr Kim!!!"

"What!?" I shot up and immediately regretted it due to the world taking a damn hard spin and I swear that everything was updside down for a moment!

Slowly, everything started to go back to it's normal order.

That is, if there was a normal order...

"I just wanted to wake you up but as I see you have woken up by now."

"Just let me sleep! That doesn't hurt!"

"Here are painkill-"

"I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT KIND OF PAIN!" I screamed at her, lay back down, and pulled the blanket over my head. But now my feet were freezing. So I pulled them closer to my body.

My parents. Dead.

Hannie. In intensive care.

Me.

Left alone.

No one who would care.

Just me.

In hospital clothes.

In a freaking hospital.

Without anyone who could go and bring me clothes.

I couldn't just call Kibum after all, could I?

No, that would be inappropriate!

But wasn't my behavior even more inappropriate?

"Mr Kim! You should eat something for breakfast! You will for sure feel better afterwards!"

"Screw you and stop smiling in this room!"

"B-but... Mr Kim!"

"Get out."

"But-"

"GET OUT!" I sat back up, stood up from the messy bed, walked past that woman and into the bathroom, banging the door shut behind me loud enough that I was sure that the ones staying in the room next to mine could hear it as well. It wasn't like I had to use the bathroom right now. I just didn't want to hear that woman's annoying voice. She was smiling. Happy.

Damn it I had just lost my parents! Did she think that I would smile back and laugh with her and ask her to go out on a picknick because it was oh such a nice summer day!?

When no sound came from the other room anymore I figured that that nurse had left. I sighed and sat down on the closed toilet. I knew that she had just wanted to be nice to me. But was she kidding to smile at me right now!?

Hankyung! I needed to see if there was any progress about Hankyung!

I walked back out of the bathroom and noticed that I had been right. Instead there was a note she had left for me.

'Do not leave this room without having eaten breakfast! Your body needs to heal and it cannot heal when you don't eat properly!'

I looked at the tray. Screw you! I wouldn't eat anything! If I did she'd have to clean up after me!

I left the room without paying any more attention to it and looked around. That woman wasn't there. So I was lucky.

But I still needed to see someone who could possibly give me information...

I went to the front of the station I was on - at least I thought it was the front until I realized that suddenly the hallway ended and I had to turn around - and there I found an office with someone sitting in it. I knocked at it hesitantly. "Umm... excuse me?"

The woman on the inside looked up. "Yes?"

"I want to visit a friend."

She looked at me in confusion. "Aren't you the one staying here? You are not allowed to go out until the doctor says so..."

"No, no, I don't want to go out! It would be way too embarrassing while wearing hospital clothes!" I shook my head, then I looked at her again. "I meant that I want to visit a friend who is here as well and was involved in a car accident that took place..." I looked at the calander that hung at the window side of the room. It was already the 14th of July!! "... four days ago."

The woman raised an eyebrow. "Do you know where he is?"

"I guess.... but he's been in intensive care yesterday. A nurse brought me to him so that I can see him because he doesn't have any family here."

She sighed. "You are-"

"Not allowed to go there, I know. But he's from China and there won't be any family that could come over quickly enough."

"What about your parents, young man? Do they even know about you being here?"

I looked down to the ground. "Most likely they don't..." I murmured.

"Then-"

"They're dead." I didn't dare to look up because I felt my eyes water and didn't want her to see that I was weak even though I knew that it was stupid because everyone was weak. But I was a teenager, you can't really judge me there! Or at least... I was still almost a teenager because I slowly started to grow older than just 'teenager'.

She sighed once more. "Name?"

"Mine?"

"Yes."

"Kim Heechul."

She typed something into her computer, looked at me, then back at the screen, asked me about my birthday and my parents' names, then she nodded. "Come with me then. I'll lead you to your friend. What is his name?"

"Hanky-" I interrupted myself. "It's Hangeng. His Korean name is Hankyung but his real name, his Chinese name, is Hangeng."

"Where did you say he is?"

"Intensive care. At least that's where he was yesterday. I don't know how much you already know about him, yesterday was a bit blurry, I can't remember if I was already asked questions to fill in some files for him because I don't think that you could know his dates otherwise. How do you even know mine?"

"Your parents had your ID with them, that's how we recognized you."

I frowned. Why would mom and dad have my ID with them? When I felt tears threatening to escape my eyes I pushed that thought away. It wasn't important right now either way. Hannie was important. My Hankyung.

"Whatever, can I pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter