Hankyung

Awake (dropped)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up for the first time without that beeping sound. I had dreamed something really weird, having to do with that accident. It had been so big that it only could have been a dream. Hankyung. Dead...

 

I looked around the room. It really must've been terrible enough to be stuck in my nightmares...

I closed my eyes for a second to take a deep breath and enjoy the silence and when I opened them I already wondered what I had dreamed. I only remembered that it had been important and that Hannie had played a big role in it... well, it couldn't have to do anything with the reality, could it?

I sat up, almost being surprised that I could do it with being in less pain than I had expected. Yes, my whole body still hurt like hell. But it was bearable.

I looked around for anything to attract my attention in this empty room when a nurse came in. "Oh, hello, Mr Kim. I see, you have woken up."

"Hello, Mrs..."

"Choi. Choi Sooyoung."

"Hello, Mrs Choi. Yes, I have woken up. And I feel better than expected...?"

She giggled. "That is most likely still an affect from the painkillers you have been given last night."

"Ugh... then I'm glad they still work!" I grimaced. If I was still under the influence of painkillers, then it was no wonder that I had dreamed something weird and couldn't remember it anymore. But I knew that also meant I would be in great pain when the painkillers wore off.

"I guess you can be..."

I noticed something else. I had asked for something when I had been awake... "Ermm... Mrs Choi? I was told that..." I diverted my eyes and hesitated for a moment, then I took a deep breath and looked up again. "I was told that someone died in that accident. Who was it?"

The nurse lowered her head, then she took a step towards the bed I was on and rested her hands on it's side. "I'm sorry for you, I really am. That boy who has been in the car... a miracle must have saved him. I don't know how else he could have survived. But he's still in intensive care and his condition is really critical. But... your parents... I'm sorry, but they haven't survived. The police men said that it most likely was becaue of the front glass that has burst at the crash. I really am sorry for you, Mr Kim."

My eyes widened and everything seemed to spin at once. What? My... my parents... had died? No. No! "That can't be. No!"

"I am sorry. But it was already too late for them when we got to the place where the accident has occured. But I guess they died without being in too much pain."

They didn't have pain. They didn't have pain. I replayed that sentence in my head until it's meaning reached my brain - but not my heart. No!!! Why?! No, that couldn't be! It had been Hankyung who hadn't had his seatbelt on! It had been me who had acted like an idiot! Why couldn't I have died!? Why did it have to be them? Why?!

"Mr Kim?" I looked at the woman, hot tears rolling over my cheeks. "Can I do something for you? Anything?"

I only shook my head, but then nodded. "Please. Hannie. Where is he? Can I see him? Please, I need to see him!"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter