First meeting

Puppy Love

Seunghyun was sat at his kitchen table with a glass of wine and his latest script. It was late but for some reason he couldn't sleep. The silence of the house was broken by a scratching sound. Seunghyun put his script down and looked around to see what could be making the sound. He shook his head and turned back to his script when he spotted nothing out of the ordinary. He read half a page when he heard it again.

"What is that?" Seunghyun muttered to himself as he got up and followed the sound. He ended up by the front door. He looked out of the peephole but couldn't see anything that could be making the noise. He opened the door to get a better look but still couldn't see anything. His brows furrowed in confusion and he was about to turn around and go back inside when he heard a whimper. He looked down and saw a small puppy sat on his doorstep. He crouched down and saw that it was shivering from the cold. He picked it up and brought it inside the house to get warm. He set the puppy down on the couch and went to get a small blanket to wrap the puppy in. As he was wrapping the puppy he felt a bump around it's neck. He looked and smiled when he spotted a collar shining in the light. He picked up the phone and dialled the number written on the collar.

"Hello?" He heard a man answer. Seunghyun could hear that the man was upset and guessed that he was missing his puppy.

"Hello, is this Kwon Jiyong?" Seunghyun asked as he read the name on the collar.

"Yes, who is this?" Jiyong asked, confusion evident in his voice.

"My name is Choi Seunghyun, I just found your puppy Gaho-" Seunghyun was cut off by a joyful shout. He pulled the phone away from his ear with a smile, to say Jiyong sounded happy would be an understatement. After a while he heard Jiyong calling his name so he brought the phone back to his ear.

"Sorry about that i'm just so happy to hear he's okay. He is okay isn't he? He's not hurt is he? It's cold outside, what if he got sick?-" Jiyong started asking question after question. Seunghyun cut him off before he could ask anything else.

"He's okay. He was a bit cold when I found him so I wrapped him in a blanket. He's sleeping on my couch right now." Seunghyun said. He heard a sigh of relief from the other end of the phone.

"Sorry I was just so worried. He's never been out without me before. Can i come over and get him now?" Jiyong asked eagerly.

"I think it would be better if you got him now, I don't really know what to do with a puppy." Seunghyun admitted. He heard a small laugh from Jiyong and smiled a little himself.

"That's not far away from here so I can be there in half an hour." Jiyong said when Seunghyun told him the address.

"Okay, I'll see you then." Seunghyun replied. He waited until Jiyong said goodbye to hang up the phone. He moved to sit next to a sleeping Gaho and smiled. He gently Gaho's fur. "Your owner sounds very nice Gaho. Maybe we can be friends."

~ ~ ~

Jiyong stared at the phone at the phone in his hand before looking at the note in his other hand. He looked between the two for a few moment before bursting into laughter. He dropped the phone and note to hold his stomach as he carried on laughing. He laughed until he had tears rolling down his cheeks and he could no longer breathe.

"You couldn't even do this right." Jiyong said when he finally caught his breath. He looked at the note with a small laugh again before throing it in the bin. He still had huge smile on his face when he went into his room to get dressed. He washed his face quickly and made sure that he didn't look as bad as he felt. He made his way to his car and checked the address that Seunghyun had given him before setting off. He arrived soon and gasped at what he saw. The house was beautiful.

House_3.jpg

He walked up to the front door and took a deep breath before knocking loudly on the door. There was silence until he heard the door unlocking and slowly open. He gasped when he saw a familiar face appear. He wasn't friends with the man but he had seen him in countless films and Hyerin had a huge crush on him so she had always made Jiyong watch his interviews with her. He smiled when he thought of how angry she would be when she found out that THE Choi Seunghyun had been the one to find Gaho. He almost slapped himself for not thinking of him when the caller had said his name.

6898980174_f9a2b19459.jpg

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kwon Jiyong imnida." Jiyong said with a 90 degree bow. He saw Seunghyun smile before returning the bow.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Seunghyun imnida. You want to come in and see Gaho." Seunghyun asked as he moved aside to let Jiyong in. He disappeared for a minute before returning with a pair of slippers. Jiyong smiled and put them on.

"Thank you. How did you find Gaho?" Jiyong asked as they moved into the living room.

"He actually found me. I was just reading a script when I heard him scratching at the door. I went to see what it was and when I saw him I couldn't just leave him there so I brought him in." Seunghyun answered with a shrug of his shoulders. He watched Jiyong sit down next to Gaho and softly his fur befre bringing him onto his lap. The puppy woke up when he was moved but when he saw who had moved him, he simply barked and Jiyong's hand before going back to sleep.

"Thank you for looking after him for me. A lot of people would have just left him outside." Jiyong said sadly. Seunghyun sat beside him and waited for a moment before asking a question.

"How did you lose him in the first place? You don't seem the type to let something so precious to you wander off at night." Seunghyun asked. He saw Jiyong's eyes darken and almos wished he had kept quiet.

"I just broke up with my girlfriend because she was cheating on me and using me for my money. She then decided that she would kidnap my dog and keep him until I called her and begged her to come back to me. I was actually about to call her when you called me." Jiyong answered. Seunghyun's eyebrows almost disappeared when he heard that.

"It sounds like you had a lucky escape. I don't know you but you seem like a nice guy and I think you deserve better than that." Seunghyun said as he placed his hand on Jiyong's shoulder. Jiyong lowered his head so that his hair covered his eyes but Seunghyun didn't miss the drop of liquid that fell on Gaho's fur. He wrapped an arm around Jiyong's shoulder and pulled his head onto his shoulder and just let him cry. He felt his heart breaking for the man as he had obviously hurting a lot.

"We were childhood sweethearts. She was such a sweet girl but she told me that it was all fake. She said she only needed to do that when she didn't have money. Everything was a lie." Jiyong said as he cried on Seunghyun's shoulder. The man was almost a complete stranger but Jiyong felt really cofortable with him. They stayed this way for a while before Seunghyun moved to get up. He went into the kitchen and got a bottle of wine and two glasses. He set the glasses down on the coffee table and filled them both with the wine. He handed one to Jiyong and kept the other for himself.

"Why don't you tell me about it? My umma always used to make me talk about problems and it always made me feel better. Of course we had cocoa instead of wine but I thought you'd appreciate this more right now." Jiyong stared at him in shock for a moment before he opened his mouth and told him everything.

~ ~ ~

Hi, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has subscribed. It means so much to me and I hope that you keep liking the story. I'll try my best to make it interesting. If you guys spot any mistakes feel free to tell me. I'm not korean but I will try to include some to make the story a little bit better but I might get it wrong and if I do sorry. Please let me know what you think of it so far and i'll try to update again soon.