Gravity

A Loaded Smile
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Speed up!”

Ga-In was about to jump from her seat and strangle Joon until he’d shut up. She knew perfectly well what to do. There was no need for her spoiled nephew to command her. It was becoming harder to drive between cars. Rush hour was an understatement. People passing by were faster than them. Ga-In had to keep her cool and wish they would get out of the line as soon as possible and disappear on the main road towards Daegu or Busan. Or she could very well flee the country through Incheon, but Chinese Legions were eager to kick them in the . Korean Legions were nothing compared to those psychopaths. Their government actually supported them.

“I can’t!”

Joon wasn’t in a better mood. He somehow misplaced the gun when entering the car. He pushed Hyuna away. His fingertips tried to reach the bottom. He could only feel dirt and small pebbles. He barely heard Ga-In’s answer. “Of all the cars in the world you had the steal the slowest?”

“Well, I’m sorry! But Junsu isn’t a Formula One racer!” she turned the wheel. Hyuna lifted her arms to her side and avoided a collision with the glass. Joon wasn’t luckier. He tried to grab into something, accidently punching Hyuna in her knee when he tried to keep his balance. The girl grabbed his arm and forced Joon back to his seat, holding him tightly.

“You stole Junsu’s car?!” Joon cried out in exasperation. A sudden pain flicked his head. He winced and vertigo took over.

“Well... what did you expect?” Ga-In swiftly passed a couple of hordes. She was thankful their life wasn’t an action movie or a thriller novel. She was sure they would have somehow gotten into some kind of freak accident or the lane would lack the usual cluster of gas smoke. Less public appearances actually meant they were in more trouble than in the presence of a bunch of workers going out for a drink.

“Guys...” Hyuna’s voice tried to reach them. It was too weak and crumbled beneath the thick anger filled atmosphere.

“I don’t know... maybe take one of your cars!” Joon shouted, regaining his vision after the short fright. The roles were switched with Joon hanging into Hyuna and Hyuna becoming his guardian. She embraced him with the hope of calming down the agent.

“Too far” Ga-In snorted, peeking at both of them through the rear mirror.

“Please... guys...” Hyuna opened again to speak, feeling her attempts were becoming futile. Joon pushed away from her, grabbing into Ga-In’s seat.

“How was it too far?” he retorted, feeling something nudge at his feet. He went down once again, took the gun and climbed back next to Hyuna’s side.

“BOTH OF YOU, SHUT UP!” Hyuna suddenly shouted before Ga-In had a chance to answer. Joon lowered the gun while glancing at her. Hyuna could sense the sudden irritation she was producing “... there’s a car chasing us...” and calmly stated, hiding away in her corner.

Ga-In slowed down that moment. Two cars behind were doing the same as the third. “Sun Legion?” she couldn’t tell from her position. Joon on the other hand had a perfect, a tad blurry from the stained glass and his headache, image of their behind.

“No... Jupiter” he checked the ammo left in his gun. He didn’t have enough bullets to target their wheels. “And I’m almost empty”

Ga-In fell silent.

“...oh, I forgot to tell you”

Joon and Hyuna regained their attention on Ga-In’s head. She smiled in the mirror.

“I no longer am the Jupiter Leader... Narsha is.”

Joon’s emotions juggled with rage and fear. He lost his grip on the gun and took in a deep breath. His hands were trembling. Joon couldn’t control himself. “...then speed up” Joon admitted defeated, watching as the cars drew closer and closer before lessening the distance like. They were mice chased by hungry cats.

Hyuna bit on her lower lip. She was left in a cloud of confusion and none seemed reluctant to explain things to her as to a child. She touched Joon’s hand in contrast with the cold weapon. Her palm sealed the gap.

 

 

Pictures of dogs and cats were scattered all around the walls with the guest appearance of a few ferrets, hamsters, parrots and a small snake hidden near an ad about abusing exotic pets. Most chairs were empty during dusk, orange and blue hues washing the room from the entrance door glass. He abandoned his seat for a while and found himself leaning into one of the walls. He kept looking through his phone, awaiting an answer. There were no messages and no lost calls. He had the we

Please log in to read the full chapter