chapter 4

When confronted with Perfection

A few weeks passed by, Ann and Jihye have become good friends.

 

Ann has become a frequent visitor to the Jung's house and Jihye would visit Ann whenever, quite frequently.

 

 

-------

 

 

"Yes Jihye. I found that book and I think this will help us to show the work we did till the day of this month's review day. yes..yes..."

 

"am free now. ok the I'll be in your house at around 1 pm...ok..."

 

When she realized that she has tripped, she screamed "noooooo" while closing her eyes. but she didn't land on the ground as she expected her to, somebody was holding her. 

 

'Wow! An angel. what a beautiful angel! Am I dead? I mean I know. who would die because of a mere fall? but then I'm seeing an angel, a beautiful angel dressed beautifully in a black coat. wait! angels wear white, dont they? but why is this angel wearing black?

 

"sir are you alright?" a sound came from the behind. hearing this Ann thought, 'ohhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! a leader angel. wow. such a beauty.'

 

"sir are you alright?" the sound came nearer and nearer. and the the angel finally spoke. "yes, I'm alright." and he continued, "one think i don't understand is how can the youth lack their sense of balance these days."

 

'what? it's not a angel and I'm not dead. it means....yes, he saved me from falling. but he sounds arrogant by the way he speaks' Ann thought.

 

'looks like some rich dad's spoilt brat idiot.' she thought.

 

"Miss! next time mind your step! don’t go around falling. you should have held back on your drinking habits. i don’t understand how people can get drunk in broad day light. like they have no work to do." he put her straight and just left.

 

"what a guy! he sure lies in his own world of assumptions. drunk? my foot!"

 

 

-------

 

 

 

Jung house:

 

"hello aunty. hello uncle." Ann wished Mr. and Mrs. Jung.

 

they wished her back and informed that Jihye is in her room watching a movie.

 

Ann took leave and headed to Jihye’s room. She opened the door and got in.

 

"hey! you came." Jihye said as soon as she saw Ann.

 

"so how was your day?" Ann asked.

 

" It was good. your's?"

 

"ok...except that i tripped and some guy saved me..and.."

 

"and what love at first sight Huh? huh?" Jihye .

 

"no, it's just that he lectured me that next time i should mind my steps and stop drinking."

 

"what? are you drunk?"

 

"no. that idiot thought that am drunk and that's how I tripped."

 

"ohhh"

 

"Yeah," Ann sighed.

 

"but when i heard that he told you to mind your step the next time, it sounded like my brother. Especially the lecturing part. haha."she smiled

 

"what you have a brother?????"

 

"yes...why? I haven’t told you about this?"

 

"no." Ann replied.

 

"oh!!! yes i have a brother and i love him the most. he is so hardworking and well mannered."

 

"but i never once saw him in your house! why?"

 

"that's because he works from morning till midnight and you come mostly in the afternoons and leave by the evening. then how would you see him? impossible."

 

"so when am i meeting this brother of yours?"

 

"soon..moreover i spoke with him that he should spare some time as i have planned a small family vacation in our farmhouse in the country side. and you are also coming."

 

"vacation in farmhouse in country side? sounds exciting."

 

"yes i know right!"

 

"before that we should finish our project for the monthly review."

 

"ok..done.." Jihye saluted.

 

"ok then, i'll leave now..bye jihye.."

 

"let me come till the gate.."

 

"ok. lets go then."

 

At the gate ...jihye waved bye to Ann. She returned it by waving back and left.