chapter 2

When confronted with Perfection

 

Every one in the Jung household got up from Yunho's wake up call, except for their princess, their daughter Ji Hye.

 

"Hey Jihye, get up! Did you forget about your college?" her mom asked. "Moreover, you are starting your senior year today. Do you want to go late to your final year’s first class? Get up and get ready" she told to Jihye.

 

"Ok mom." she replied lazily.

 

'I don’t understand how can my two children be this different from each other. One child can accept nothing but perfection and is always serious about life while the other child, jihye is always careless about everything. How can it be like this god?' Mrs.Jung mumbled.

 

"What mom? Did you say something?" Jihye asked her mother who was standing beside her bed. "Nothing. Was just thinking about your brother. That’s all." Mrs.Jung answered.

 

"Mom! Did bro leave for office? I was supposed to get my pocket money as my college is starting, and I'm running out of money." She asked with an anxious look. Her mom knows that the only person that Jihye loves the most is her brother Yunho and he is also the only one whom she is most scared of.

 

It's her brother who suggested her to study literary course after highschool when she refused to go to a college. Even before she can say 'no', he got her admitted and told, "YOUR COLLEGE START FROM TOMOROW and i dont want a no for an answer." What could she say? She just agreed as she loves her brother more and believes that whatever decision her brother takes are for her own good.

 

So she started going to the college and she started to like her course. And now, she's in her final year waiting to complete her course.

 

 

"Mom, I'm going to college." Jihye informed her mother and got into the car as the driver drove her to the college.

 

It was yunho who had made all the arrangements for her transportation to the college. His sister’s academic information, progress and everything else, he took care sparing their parents from the tension of Jihye’s education and future. He took this also as one of his responsibilities as the older brother.

 

 

In college:

 

Everyone was already seated, waiting for the class to start. It was the time to introduce the exchange students.

 

"Hello everyone, this is Peter. I'm an exchange student from England and I'm here to study about the culture and literature."

 

"Hi everyone, I'm Sarah from Germany and I'm here to study the literature."

 

"Hello everyone, this is Neil from Austria to study the  culture and literature."

 

Everyone finished introducing themselves.

 

"Ok students. Let's continue our class. And we would be talking about the research papers that you people as final student will submit this year which carries the maximum mark of this year. And the topic will be distributed to you people and you can chose partners and submit the work before the prelims."

 

The class got interrupted suddenly.

 

"Excuse me sir. May I come in?" a voice called out.

 

"Who are you miss? This is literary class and you look like you don’t belong here" the Prof. asked. "If you want, you can ask the direction to your class from the office and make it there fast as all the other classes have started as well and your lecturer might get anger if you go late."

 

"Sir, I'm an exchange student. My name is Ann, here to study culture and its effect on literature."