Chapter 11: Need of assurance

I'll Be A Big Fat Liar If I Say “I Like You!”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is Saturday, no classes. Min Jeong is laying to her bed and checking updates to her SNS. The news are repeating but she is still scrolling up and down even she knows that she will not get anything from those.

She is just bothered from the last interaction with Se Hun. The dude just confessed but she replied a phrase that is not the answer to the confession. At least she hasn’t rejected him but she made him think that she didn’t understand what he really means.

Actually, she wouldn’t have a hint, thanks to Lu Han, who spill the thing.

 

She sees that Yi Xing is online, she decides to drop a ‘yo’ to start a conversation.

Zhang Yi Xing: Hey~

Lee Min Jeong: Busy?

Zhang Yi Xing: Not really, I’m just talking to someone else.

Lee Min Jeong: Soon Mi. How did I know? I have a special radar inside of me.

Zhang Yi Xing: OK.

 

Min Jeong laughs, he is so honest, he has a chance to deny but he chooses not to.

Zhang Yi Xing: You have that radar but why don’t you use it when you really need it?
That reply makes her frown. Does Se Hun already tell to him what happened?

Lee Min Jeong: Did Se Hun said something already?

Zhang Yi Xing: Wow! You really have that radar.

It is very funny and creepy that she can say that Yi Xing is being sarcastic even though she is not talking to him personally.

Lee Min Jeong: Yi Xing. I’m sorry. I know that what I did is very annoying. I just don’t know what to do. I acted that I don’t know what he really mean.
 I know he said that I didn’t get him. Please, don’t tell this to him.

Zhang Yi Xing: Of course, I won’t. He will feel rejected.

Lee Min Jeong: You already know that I only acted, right?

Zhang Yi Xing: Yes, I know you.

You’re not dense.

Why did you do that? If you don’t like him you should tell right away.

Pretending won’t help.

 

Lee Min Jeong: It is not like that! I don’t know. I was afraid that it was a joke.

Zhang Yi Xing: Are you new to this?

Lee Min Jeong:  Not really…

It felt so weird you know. He is a friend. And I still don’t know what should I response, I don’t want us to awkward again.

Zhang Yi Xing: Alright.

I understand.

Lee Min Jeong: Please, don’t tell to him.

Zhang Yi Xing: Yes, I won’t.

BTW, why don’t you consider Se Hun? You two can be a cute couple ;)

 

__

 

It is lunch time, this is the first time in the week that Min Jeong and her family will eat together. The main course is steak, Min Jeong’s favorite.

“How’s school, Min Jae?” Their mom ask.

“It is fine” Min Jeong’s younger sister says, focusing on her steak.

“How ‘bout you, Min Jeong?”

“Same as Min Jae.” She says flatly.

 

Min Jae is the one who finished the meal first so she leave already. Min Jeong and her parents are still eating their meals. Then, Min Jeong opens a topic.

“Dad, Mom… I have a question.”

“That’s kind of made me nervous” Mr. Lee comments “what is that?”

“What… what if someone ask me to be...uhm…his girlfriend.”

“That’s normal! You’re a healthy young girl…I don’t find you ugly. If you can’t attract a single guy, then, you have a problem.” Her mom says.

“So… it is alright to you that me to date?” She ask.

Mrs. Lee expression changes, it gives a serious look “Why did you ask?”

“There is a guy… he said that he likes me.”

“It is very nice to know that someone likes you…he appreciates what you do. He looks at you from a far…but don’t fall because of that.” Mrs. Lee stands up and put the used plates and utensils to the sink. “Don’t like him back just because he likes you. What if he just feel that way today but not for the next days?” she adds.

“Min Jeong, can you make me a coffee?” her dad suddenly asks.

Min Jeong stands up and looks for the coffee beans and she put some on the coffee maker. “Mom, Dad, I think I like him. Not because he likes me.” She is not facing her mom but she feels the sudden change of her mom’s mood.

“Min Jeong, put some sugar but no milk.” Mr. Lee requests.

“I haven’t response to his confession…uhm…what should I do?” She put some sugar to her father’s coffee and stirs the coffee carefully. She hears a sniff and she is sure that from her mom.

“Min Jeong, finish these dishes… I’m going to our room.” Her mom leaves like that.

 

She places the mugs of coffee in front of Mr. Lee. “D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter