RM-ABS

Running Man All Boys School

“Morning.” mumbled Ji hyo sleepily at Jong kook. He replied with a quick nod and grunted a ‘same to you’, as if they had always been civil to each other. Jong kook and Ji hyo even went down to the student center together to have breakfast.

All of those were witnessed by a very confused Kyung soo who only went back to the rooftop to get his favorite apron. He was in the common room when the two went out of their bedrooms. Their gazes met, and instead of glaring at each other… they didn’t and even greeted each other.

Is there something... no, it couldn’t be. Maybe I am dreaming. Kyung soo thought as he scratched his head. It never occurred to him that the two could ever come into good terms. It just doesn’t seem to be possible.

His Jong kook hyung hated women and Kyung soo had witnessed proofs of it many times. It was also the reason he never believed those ridiculous rumors floating around. There’s no way Ji hyo and Jong kook could ever be involved in a romantic scandal. If it were a fighting scandal, he’d believe it, but romance? Never.

Kyung soo just shrugged it off and hoped nothing’s wrong with his favorite hyung and the only noona in school.

 

~~~

 

“Yunho, Jaejoong… the two of you are always late in class.”

“But we weren’t late yesterday Miss Song.” Yunho said with a smirk and the shorter boy hit him in the head. ‘Why?’ Yunho mouthed at Jaejoong who only pouted in annoyance before quietly sitting down on his chair.

“I won’t be too sarcastic if I were you, Mr. Yunho. I know you weren’t late yesterday because you were absent. It’s only the first week but you and Mr. Jaejoong were already filling up my records with red marks.” she said in an annoyed tone. The whole class ‘oh-ed’, enjoying Ji hyo’s feisty mood, but they were soon silenced by her cold glare.

“Okay, now class, turn your books into page 21.”

Ji hyo took a deep breath and tried to calm down. She wasn’t even sure what’s eating her. She was fine earlier that morning, except for the murmurings that haven’t toned down even a bit. There were even some kids who were openly joking about her and awkward muscles sleeping together in one room.

Just why would people match me with him?

Just as she had feared, people don’t talk about the ‘attack’ anymore, but rather they were plainly saying that she was in a relationship with that man. She was lucky her father hasn’t personally collected her, yet. She mentally scolded herself for not doing her job and focused hard on the lesson at hand.

 

“Joong ki, there’s something wrong with Miss Song –”

“Don’t talk to me.” The flower boy said, scolding the giraffe looking kid. The two boys nervously looked up and found Ji hyo’s stare trained on them.

“Mr. Joong ki, Mr. Gwang soo, stand up. Read together the first and most important Confucian principle then explain it in your own understanding.”

Gwang soo scratched his head unable to decipher the words written in Hanja, while Joong ki easily read the phrase and explained it. Gwang soo embarrassedly stared at his teacher, “I’m sorry Miss. Song.”

“Sit down and next time pay attention.”

Myung soo who was looking outside the window turned to look at Ji hyo. His stare was sad and full of melancholy. Ji hyo was not like the others and it’s a waste to see her like that. Dong hoon was also staring at her, unable to utter a word on how much he loves her.

 Gwang soo believed that Song Ji hyo was not her usual self, or was it her true color as a teacher? He wished it was just those rumors and that she’d be back in no time.

 

~~~

 

“Miss Song… Ji hyo-ssi!”

“Oh… why, Mr. Yoo?” Ji hyo exclaimed, trying to hide her surprise. She was absent-mindedly reading essays submitted by her students that she didn’t notice Jae suk calling her. “I’m sorry. I had to finish grading this.”

“I see, I just wanted to give you this.” Jae suk handed her a set of keys then he pointed out to the lockers. “The keys here are for your locker and the mailbox near the gates. I’ll go now, you sure work so hard… I’m sorry for disturbing you.”

“Thanks Mr. Yoo, and don’t worry about it.” She smiled at him then continued staring at the essays. She wanted to see Jong kook and discuss their strategy to reveal the person trying to stain their reputation. Aigoo Ji hyo, is he your commander? Why would you report to him? You could just tell him tomorrow, now stop thinking about tomorrow and focus!

Clenching her fists, Ji hyo gritted her teeth and finished checking her students’ essay. When she got into a particular paper, Ji hyo stopped. She looked around, feeling cold. She nervously counted the number of entries and found that it has one extra with no name. She reread the paper again and felt anger surge through her.

He is nothing but trash, if you didn’t associate with him you’d have a more peaceful life. I’m sorry Miss Song.

Ask him what he did and you’d know what I am saying. He doesn’t deserve to be a teacher. Tell your father to kick him out.

This is my revenge. Our revenge.

 

Ji hyo made sure that the piece of paper was secured in her bag before going to her next class. She couldn’t decide yet if the letter is credible and if it’s a proof that the culprit is from class 2-C. It could be anyone now, but one thing’s for sure. Whoever it is has something on Jong kook. For her, no matter how gruff and annoying Jong kook was, he didn’t deserve that.

 

~~~

 

Ji hyo entered the spacious foyer and servants immediately flocked her. They offered her drinks, but she just waved them away.

“Butler Lee, where’s Pa?” she asked the oldest one. He was a man of few words but he had always been loyal to the Choi family ever since he was sixteen when her grandfather picked him up in the streets. The man was like a brother to her dad and she had always thought they were best of friends even they don’t really show it. The butler was now 54 and even if he was stiff and awkward, he had always cared for her especially when she lost her mom.

“Mr. Choi is having his dinner. Let’s go to the dining room Miss.”

“Still as formal as ever Tae Kwon ajusshi… I missed you.” The butler only nodded but she knows he was happy to see her.

 

She went to the dining room and sure enough, her dad was there scowling at her. “Pa…”

“Oh, have you finally grown some conscience? Have you thought of how lonely it is for an old man to eat and live all alone in here? Are you coming back now?”

“Pa, it was your idea to make me stay in the dorms.” She reasoned and her father looked away. “I only didn’t want you to drive long hours. And you wouldn’t accept a driver or a bodyguard…” he mumbled.

“Pa, I’m a big girl now.” And there’s that ‘babysitter’ you hired for me named Kim Jong kook. She thought to herself, not wanting to prolong their conversation about her job. She wasn’t in favor of staying in the dorms before but it was a nice experience and for the first time she felt closer to her mom and out of his father’s shadow.

She pulled a chair and sat. Butler Lee was quick to set another plate on the table. “Ah, I’m famished. I haven’t eaten yet.” She tried to look joyous as she dug on the feast. She wondered how her Pa seem to know she’s coming with all her favorite food set on the table, but she didn’t try to think too much of it. Her Pa had always gone through extremes to protect her and even if it’s suffocating, she loves him.

She decided that the questions could wait later. She missed her father and she wouldn’t want to upset him with her problems as soon as they meet after a week. Ji hyo had never strayed too far away from him, not even for vacations. For years, there had been only her and him.

“Are you eating there fine? I could make it more comfortable for you if you’d let me.”

“I’m okay Pa.”

“Why did you come home?” Ji hyo smiled at her father and took a sip of wine. “Later Pa. How have you been?”

“I am good. Nothing much… I’ve been busy making sure the education system of Korea is smooth and there’s several projects. The kids were great. The new school is doing fine. Are you really sure you don’t want to transfer to our Seoul’s Exclusive School for Girl’s? I’d feel fine if you are there.”

“Running Man High is special Pa. Even if we build a hundred schools… I’d still choose to be there.”

The dinner was finished with a few more stories. Ji hyo told her dad about her students, about Kyung soo and his cooking skills. The school itself, even Principal Dong wan was mentioned. She talked of the other teachers and how everyone looked so good that when she went out of the school, the world seemed so plain.

 

They went to the garden to have some tea. They just sat there silently looking up the sky for a while. “Pa… I need to ask you something.”

“I know… so why did you come here?” The sadness in her old man’s voice made her feel guilty for not doing what he asked her. But Ji hyo also knew that her father still loves her no matter what. He was just so protective of her ever since the accident.

“Pa… I had asked around. It’s about Kim Jong kook-ssi.” She paused and took out the piece of paper from her pocket. “It was vague Pa, but it seems that if not for you… Mr. Kim wouldn’t be able to step in a school ever again as a teacher and there were no records of why. What happened before Pa?”

Ji hyo’s tea had gone cold and Mr. Choi nervously finished his as he read the letter repeatedly.

“Ji hyo-yah, Mr. Kim is a good person. I only helped him because he is a brilliant and passionate young man with a bright future who really loves to teach and besides, my father and his grandfather were friends.

“He may have done something wrong but it was only because he was a teacher. If he wasn’t… then it’s not a bad thing. Know him first, my little girl… give that man a chance and don’t be like those people who judged him unfairly. We’ll find this person… don’t worry my child.”

Ji hyo could sense that she wouldn’t be getting any concrete answer from her father tonight and she was getting tired. She felt her eyes get heavy and droop.

The last memory she had that night was of her father stooping down and planting a soft kiss on her temple.

 

~~~

“Yah! Say that again!” shouted the smaller one. The guys around him laughed and pushed him around. He bit his lip not wanting to cause any more troubles. He had promised not to fight again but he couldn’t endure walking away after what he had heard.

 The biggest of them stepped forward and grabbed Myung soo’s collar. “I’ve heard you were a good fighter back in middle school… but you’ve become a sissy because of your friend. Gay!”

The others taunted him and Myung soo also wondered what it was with the new teacher that he had the urge to defend her like that. They were closing in on him but he could only clench his fist in anger.

 


Hi, sorry for the late updates... I also didn't know why the story has become like this but I hope you enjoy reading it :)