RM-ABS 12

Running Man All Boys School

Song Jihyo might have been raised a princess but surrounded with pink and frilly things was never enough to take off her hard edge. For one, she snores like an old man and drools like a baby. She always ends up cocooned in blankets with all the pillows around her like a nest. Her hair would always be the worst you’d ever see and she has this embarrassing habit of wearing as little clothing as possible so she had always slept alone.

 

Even drunk and swinging on her feet, Ji hyo managed to go through all the rituals she has done all nights of her life. Wash her face and behind her ears. Brush her teeth and floss. Apply moisturizer, which her nanny insisted when she reached her teens. They had to run around and compromise just so Ji hyo would apply skin care. She washed her special parts and changed her clothing. Made her nest, err, bed the way she likes it. She uttered a silent prayer, closed her eyes and slept like the dead.

 

Without missing a beat, she did all those despite being drunk, which amazed the helpless Jong kook who couldn’t leave her without making sure that Ji hyo was fast asleep and not in danger of hitting her head somewhere. Of course he looked away when she was changing but maintained a close distance, just in case and no, he never peeked.

 

With his heart beating erratically that he thought it would burst, he left her room. After the door closed, he let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding and almost screamed when he turned around and saw Kyung soo.

 

“Yah! I thought… don’t sneak around like that!”

 

“Sorry hyung, I woke up noona was gone and I had to make sure she’s alright… she drank everything! Oh, sorry… she wanted to drink. It was a celebration… I couldn’t keep up and dozed off… sorry hyung.” Kyung soo explained while stifling a yawn. “What are you doing in her room anyway?”

 

Jong kook felt himself blush. Good thing Kyung soo doesn’t seem to suspect a thing and was only asking innocently. The silence was getting awkward and when the boy tried to open Ji hyo’s door, the older man tensed and blocked his way.

 

“What’s wrong hyungnim?”

 

“Err, she’s fine… sleeping like a baby. Wouldn’t it be rude to disturb a lady, don’t you think?” Jong kook said as gentle as he could without sounding too defensive. He really doesn’t want her to be disturbed and it really has nothing to do with her embarrassing habits that he still finds lovely and cute even after time had passed and the little princess had grown. It has nothing to do with the fact that she hates anyone knowing how she slept and how it’s okay if her dad and her prince know but no one else. It also can’t be because she sometimes sleep-tosses her clothes away especially when drunk…

 

Kyung soo stared absentmindedly at the door with a worried frown. His mind refuses to work but in his gut he already knows why the door can’t be opened. Like a castle with knights guarding the princess. He doesn’t even realize that it somehow made him sad. “Oh, right, I’m so stupid… g’night hyung.”

 

Only when Kyung soo was gone that Jong kook left. He tried to sleep but peace did not come easily and he had to toss and turn until dawn.

 

You are not that little girl anymore… but I can’t stop seeing her in you Princess…

 

-----/-----

 

 “Everyone! Pay attention to the ball! Losing team will clean the whole gym today.” Class 2-C groaned audibly but when the muscled teacher started to throw balls eagerly, they all scrammed to dodge.

 

“I think someone killed his girlfriend or something…”

“Yah, is that even possible?”

“That he has a girlfriend?”

“Or a boyfriend?”

“Eyy, idiots. How does someone kill a gym?”

“How about Ji hyo teacher?”

“She’s still alive though…”

 

The last one to comment got a death glare from everyone and Ha Dong Hoon spat at the boy’s water bottle when no one was looking.

 

“You guys over there talk a lot! Go fetch the balls and start cleaning up!” Jong kook shouted, mentally cursing himself for being unable to suppress his bad mood. His stomach growled but thinking of food only made his temper flare.

 

-----/Flashback/-----

 

Kyung soo is a mother at heart. He cooks, cleans and scolds like a mom. Oftentimes he gets a hug or two plus a comment of how he reminds someone of their mother. Kyung soo had never been bothered by this but had rather liked it.

 

From the kids he has heard many stories about first loves, of breakups and sometimes of infidelity and even if he can’t always give a good advice, he is always there to listen and cook. There were also times that he has to mediate between parents and kids, teachers and kids and teachers and teachers.

 

Ask him about anyone and he could always tell a fond memory with that person. Just give him a name and he would say with a soft smile, ‘I remember that kid…’ maybe that was the reason everyone just loves Kyung soo. It had been a famous saying in RMABS that if you have a problem, go to Kyung soo. If he can’t solve it, at least his food will make everything okay.

 

Today, Kyung soo can’t utter a single advice to anyone. He was not in the mood to do anything except cook and cook some more. Even the antics of the Min duo have failed to irritate him to the surprise of the two gluttons.

 

“What’s wrong with omma Xiumin?”

 

“How would I know Chang-idiot! And we’re not supposed to be talking because you’re my enemy!”

 

“You’re so harsh!” the other boy retorted and when Xiumin turned there was tears in the taller boy’s eyes.  It made him feel guilty so he reached inside his pockets and held up a bun. At first Changmin just stared.

 

“It’s my favorite bun from our hometown you know and it’s rude to reject food!”

 

Changmin slowly accepted. He took a bite and smiled. It was a little cold but it was the best bun he has ever eaten. He finished it in big bites and he took out two packs of juice from his pockets. He tossed one to Xiumin before drinking his. In no time the two boys who only knows to quarrel was grinning with steamed bun sauce in their faces and orange juice stains in their shirts.

 

Unknown to them the mother hen saw everything. Kyung soo realized that he was happiest when he cooks. Especially when he cooks for his friends and his family. To lift his mood, he donned his apron and hunted his favorite knife. Soon he was humming happily thinking of someone special as he stirred the soup his family passed on to him. It was great for health and soups had always been his mother’s cure for everything, even hangovers. Kyung soo then imagined his RMABS family around him eating happily surely raised his mood.

 

“Wow… did we forget someone’s birthday or something Kyung Soo-yah?” Jong kook was famished after his run and the smell in the kitchen was heavenly. He stared longingly at the food. When the cook did not reply, he reached for a bite – “Hyung! Wait for Ji hyo and no cheating! I cooked it especially for her. She must have a terrible headache after last night…”

 

Embarrassed the teacher withdrew his hand his face warm and red at the mention of last night.

 

“Good morning Ji hyo noona!”

 

Without knowing why, Jong kook panicked and hurried up to the quarters. Kyung soo called after him but all he managed was some excuse about wanting a bath first.

 

When he was presentable, everyone has finished eating but Ji hyo and Kyung Soo were still there, laughing and giggling about something. He froze when he saw the look in Kyung Soo’s face and the relaxed way Ji hyo was sitting across the boy. The easy sound of her laughter shook him… it was so carefree and it was because of Kyung Soo.

 

Jong kook didn’t know why but instead of joining, he ran away to his first class feeling as if he was an intruder.


So.... I'm back? Not really gonna be so active but I will be posting a chapter a week because I wanna finish this story and because I miss writing. I hope you guys enjoy this and I'm so sorry it took so long T.T....