His Excessive Favoritism - Be Your Everything Part 6

Excessive Favoritism

Seohyun let another passive week pass. She spent her time with her college friends, and spent her afternoons with Luhan as if there was no conflict that happened between them. But she never met with Kris, it’s not that she has no time for him but she purposely kept herself distant from him.

She wanted to some time alone time for herself, enough time to think, enough time to sort out her feelings, enough time to get herself back in focus to her studies.

Seohyun’s family status is incomparable Kris’ affluent family, she’s just able to pursue studying medicine since her grades qualified partial scholarship status at Dongguk Med School; her biggest reason to dedicate herself fully in her academics and close herself into distractions – like relationships. It was not hard for her to do it since she’s quite an introvert type, but ever since she became attached to Kris, relationship eventually became a concern to her.

No matter what happens, relationships won’t ruin my dreams. She mentally reminded herself as she and Luhan walks their way to her house, she was kind of spacing out since she was not used of Luhan sending her home from the hospital.

Both of them were silent, the deer-eyed gentleman did not spoke to her anymore. Luhan would not dare bother her if she’s quiet. To him, Seohyun’s the scariest when she’s not expressing her thoughts. Her silence is deafening. Her eyes are honest enough to tell him that she’s pre-occupied with a serious matter.

‘’APT 2139-D….’’ he spoke almost whispering as they stop in a front gate of an apartment, ‘’…so see you tomorrow, again?’’

But he got no response from the her, so he purposely coughed.

When she finally went back to trance, she faced him, and spoke almost indifferently, ‘’See you tomorrow.’’ Then she got the key of their apartment’s front gate in her pocket and opened the gate. ‘’Take care on your way, Luhan-oppa.’’

She was so dismal enough not to wave on him as she went inside the gate. But before she could close the gate of their apartment, the deer-eyed gentleman held on her elbow and pulled her into a hug, ‘’Seohyun, I’m sorry…I’m really sorry that I misunderstood you and I’m sorry about what I told you last time.’’

‘’Don’t bother to say it anymore Luhan-oppa. Nothing extreme happened.’’

With the tone of her voice he felt more uneasy and removed his arms around her, backing away from her, he scratched his nape, ‘’Oh, okay. Good night again.’’

She blankly stared at him for a moment. It was the very first time he saw her eyes hazy, far from the usual bright eyes he used to admire.

Am I that impossible to you? He questioned himself, he’s already dejected with their passive game, to the point that he wanted to admit defeat from Kris already.

When she was about to enter the gate again, he called her attention once more, ‘’Seohyun, don’t stop yourself. You’re the one who’s creating your own trouble. If you love Kris, just admit it. If you think you’re doing right by directing your attention into something else, think again. Cage your love and it will hurt more.’’

Hearing his straightforward words hurts, it made her feel instantly annoyed, her eyes started to glisten, she looked at him intently and hissed, ‘’It’s not because you are always with me means that you can meddle into my life that much.’’ Then she banged the gates and sprinted herself inside the house.

Tears started escaping her eyes as she ran up to her room. Luhan’s words were really offending to her, but he would not sound offending if it weren’t true.

 

 

 

 

Kris just arrived home from his three-day medical mission in Vietnam. It was really tedious, but was also a good way of escape from his troubled thoughts in Korea.

He was unpacking his luggage when his hand phone lit-up for his schedule reminders and unfortunately he saw his wallpaper again, Seohyun. Letting his things from his luggage unkempt, he rested his whole body flat on his bed and stared blankly in the ceiling.

‘’You again.’’ He muttered almost incoherently as the thoughts of Seohyun filled his mind again. He closed his eyes and shifted his body on the left side of his bed reaching for his favorite dragon stuffed toy. He attempted to fall into slumber thinking that it was the best way he could escape his thoughts about her.

Unfortunately, he could not fall asleep.

He sat down; hugging his stuffed toy in his arms as he stared blankly on the wide window of his room for a moment. When he stood up for a better view of the vast scenery seen from the porthole he saw a white envelope on the study stable adjacent to it. A bright grin instantly formed on his face when he grabbed and read the sender of the letter. Korean National Air force

 

 

 

 

Jessica was busy doing her usual morning charting in one of the pavilions of SNUH when Kris suddenly appeared from nowhere and began bugging her like a little child.

"Sica-noona!" he interlaced his arm with hers. He was smiling from ear-to-ear like a little boy who just got a bucket of candy.

He usually faces her with a serious-look that it was surprising in her part to see him suddenly grinning blissfully, "What's up with you?"

He handed her the envelope that was from the Korean Air force.

"What's this?" she put down the chart of her patient on her patient's bedside and took out the letter inside the envelope.

She rested her eyeglasses comfortably on her nose bridge as she unfolded the letter and began reading it. It took her a minute to read the whole letter as he muttered the last sentences, "...Congratulations Mr. Kris Wu, your grades qualified our system's standard. Korean National Air force gladly welcomes you to become one of our medical comrades!"

She cannot contain herself for getting giddy for her dongsaeng that she literally jumped and put her arms around his neck, "Congratulations Kris!" she greeted him with her dolphin pitched voice.

"Thanks Sica-noona!" he retracted himself from her, held her shoulders to face her, and beckoned her to lower her voice"...but please don't scream like that, we're at the ward lower your voice."

She darted a cold glare on him, "Aren't you happy that I'm happy for you?"

"I am, but this isn't a place where you can just let your dolphin genes out." he answered almost whispering. Smile cannot be swept away from his face, being a part of the medical air force was something he wanted to do ever since he realized the path he wanted in his life.

"When did you apply?" The blonde asked.

"Almost two years ago, few months after I entered Dongguk med."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to keep it from everyone, plus I was not expecting it anymore since I was not getting any replies with my letters to them."

"You say you keep it from everyone, as in you even keep it from your parents?"

He nodded. His eyes were evidently sparkling with gladness.

"How about with Seohyun?"

He pursed his lips, instantly looked down, and faintly answered, "I didn't."

"Did you already make up your mind?"

He nodded.

"So what's your decision?"

He replied firmly. "I'd join the air force."

She crossed her arms and fixed her glasses again, "Sure?"

His eyebrows curled with her question. "Why ask me if I'm sure?"

"I'm asking you if you are certain because it means that you are going to leave this place and it also means that you're going to leave her." she scornfully answered him.

"It's better off this way Jessica-noona. If I join the air force I will make my dream come true, it will be easier for me to forget about her."

"Why not just let her know about it? You've been holding it long enough." She put her hands on her hips. "I still cannot believe it; you haven't confessed to her...it has been two years."

Two years of hiding his affection towards Seohyun. It was not a joke. Letting her believe that his presence in her life was of friendship purposes for such a long time could not be considered as a jest and he was about to let it all slide.

"You've invested your feelings to her and now you are telling me you are finally backing out?" she chuckled in disbelief, finding him ridiculous.

"I didn't make a move at the first place, Sica-noona, so what's the in -" he tried to defend himself but just caught himself cut in the middle of his sentence.

"Your investments? Your time, effort, and feelings, do I have to enumerate it all to you?"

He could not answer a word anymore.

She raised his chin and made him face her, "Look Kris, I know that doctors like us are like those suppressants we usually subscribe. But what's taking you to hold back your feelings towards Seohyun? Aren't you that straightforward Kris I used to know?"

"But you see how she reacted last time we talked in my consultation room right? Plus it has been a month since she started dating Luhan. Do you think she still care as much as she cares for me before?"

She raised her hands in the air, "Fine, add regret in your life."

"Feelings fade right?" he faintly smiled.

"Feelings fade your face! You let yourself get attached to that person for two long years and you are telling me that."

"I didn't regret one bit of my time being with Hyun, Sica-noona. Seeing her happy from what she's doing, who she's being with...I'm happy for her." his chest suddenly twitched inside.

"Your eyes say it's the other way around Kris. Honesty might bite, but at least you will not regret a single thing."

 

 

 

 

He walked down the stairs of the busy hospital; Jessica did not bother to accompany him anymore since she still needs to finish her morning charts when he suddenly bumped onto someone.

‘’Sorry.’’ the young lady apologized, it was Seohyun.

Kris automatically strides a foot backward the moment he saw her face, as if there was really someone to avoid.

‘’Oppa.’’ She called him feeling the same awkwardness she felt the last time they talked inside his consultation room.

‘’Good morning, Hyun!’’ he nervously greeted her as he grabbed onto his chest.

She conveyed a puzzled look due to his reaction, ‘’Why?’’

He sheepishly smiled, ‘’Y-You surprised me, Hyun.’’

She grabbed onto his arm. ‘’Let’s eat breakfast together!’’

Feeling more tensed, he slowly put off her arms from his, ‘’I-I’m sorry…maybe next time Hyun. Kris-oppa needs to go to the Fellow’s office.’’

Without even looking back, he sprinted his way away from her.

She watched him fade away from the crowd as the thoughts that Luhan told her visited again. Kris-oppa, do you really look at me more than just a sibling? If you do then why dont you just she shook her head as the loud siren from the E.R. echoed the long hallway.

 

 

 

 

Seohyun did not eat her usual on-time breakfast but have her brunch alone instead. The way how Kris respond to her earlier keeps lingering inside her mind when Jessica sat across her and placed her tray full of her brunch on the table.

‘’Mind if I join you?’’ the blonde asked.

The younger physician looked up to her. ‘’Sica-unnie…sure.’’

‘’How’s my lovely dongsaeng doing these past few days?’’ the blonde started to spoon rice inside .

‘’I’m doing well, though operating room still scares me.’’ She meant that she was doing fine in the operating medicine section where she just rotated two weeks ago.

‘’I mean not that, I’m also busy as always…I mean your personal life.’’ The blonde did not allow any segments but went straight to the point.

Looking to the blonde’s deep dark orbs, Seohyun knew what she meant. It took her few seconds before she was able to answer, ‘’I…I’m fine.’’ Her hands started to feel weak that she put her spoon and fork down on her plate.

‘’I don’t like how you and Kris are these days.’’

‘’We don’t have any problems unnie…it’s just that we’re both busy with our schedules.’’

‘’You’re a girl, and us girls are instinctive. What you’re thinking about him right now is accurate.’’ The blonde shoved the second spoon of rice inside .

‘’W-what do you mean, unnie?’’

Jessica swallowed her food, and answered, ‘’…that Kris likes you more than just a younger sibling… for a long time.’’

Seohyun’s hands trembled that the spoon fell off from the plate under the ground. She did not know how to properly respond to what the older resident just told her.

‘’That’s nonsense unnie…Kris-oppa just told me a month ago that he already likes someone.’’

‘’Who?’’

‘’He did not tell me the name of the girl yet. He just told me that he likes someone when we went to Han River last week.’’ Her legs suddenly got numb, as her body got stiff. For an odd reason their conversation suddenly made her tensed.

The blonde put her utensils aside, joined her hands together as she looked at the younger physician intently. ‘’Of course Kris wouldn’t tell you the name of the girl because if he did, then that’s a confession.’’

‘’L-let’s just talk about it another time unnie.’’ Seohyun suddenly stood up from her seat, ‘’…I-I still need to report to the senior residents.’’

Jessica stood up, grabbed her hand and stopped her. ‘’Kris considers you above anything else, he’s covering up and he keeps on telling me that he wouldn’t confess, he would do anything for you Hyunnie so please, if you feel the same way just let him know before it’s too late. You won’t appreciate what you have ‘til it’s gone.’’

Seohyun removed the blonde’s hand from hers, ‘’I-I’m really sorry Jessica-unnie…but let’s just talk about it some other time.  

 

 

 

 

The whole day passed that Seohyun was bothered all the way. She strolled in the hospital’s vast grounds for some fresh air. She did not let Luhan to visit her that evening anymore, she wanted some time alone her focus in her career became completely ruined with what Jessica just told her.

Conversely, Kris grabbed his chance to jog around the hospital. The day was not really as tedious as ever that he took the opportunity to exercise.

When he was on the hospital grounds, he started running full speed when he brawny bumped into someone, and again it was Seohyun.

She irked in pain as she fell flat on the ground.

‘’Sorry’’ a pair of huge hands helped her to stand up.

Of all the people in this hospital, you again. ‘’Hyun.’’ He held her up and started dusting her lab coat.

‘’K-Kris-oppa.’’ She immediately retracted from him and stepped a foot backward. She did not want to prolong her encounter with him anymore but unfortunately she sprained her ankle and fell off again.

He did not let her fell on the ground again and carried her on his back.

Neither of them dared to spoke a word on their way back to the hospital. Kris just broke the silence between them when they reached the hospitals main lobby going to the Emergency Room’s wing. ‘’I’m really sorry, Hyun.’’

He briefly shifted her weight as they reached the Emergency Room’s entrance when she talked, ‘’…You can put me down now, oppa.’’

‘’No, I’m going to check your ankle first.’’ Good thing, he disagreed.

‘’But – ‘’ she tried to protest but the latter did not let her go down from his back.

Few minutes later, she found her ankle already bandaged.

‘’There.’’ He cut the ply of the bandage, satisfied, still holding on her foot.

She was tongue-tied; a word cannot slip from . She wanted to thank him, she wanted to hug him like what she usually does but just meeting his eyes with hers was already hard for her. Oppa, Im you dongsaeng, right? You dont see me more than that like what Luhan-oppa and Sica-unnie were telling me. You like someone else, right? Her eyes started to glisten as her chest started to feel stuffy.

 

When he saw the way she was beaming on him he asked, ‘’…Should I call Luhan already?’’

She pulled him to sit beside her in the hospital bed, and leaned on his shoulder as she started crying, ‘’Why? Why would you call Luhan-oppa?’’

‘’Because I’m thinking that you want him here now, am I not rig -’’

He suddenly felt a powerful slam on his nape, ‘’Pabo! Why do you always think that way?’’

He rubbed his nape. ‘’That hurts, Hyun!’’ he protested. ‘’You know, he might get jealous again. I don’t want the two of you to fight because of me.’’

‘’Do you really think we’re together?’’She started slapping his arm, starting to get annoyed with the latter’s nonsense.

He was bewildered with her sudden enrage. He grabbed her wrist to halt her. ‘’Stop it, Hyun. Then what do you want me to do?’’

Seohyun retracted from his grip and leaned her head on his shoulder again, ‘’Let me rest here for awhile.’’

‘’What’s wrong with you again, Hyun?’’

‘’Someone this morning just told me that I won’t appreciate what I have ‘til it’s gone…so you just stay put there!’’ she was rather commanding him.

It was blissful for him and painful at the same time since the thought of joining the air force soon was also inside his mind.

He s his hand near to hers and interlaced his pinky finger with hers. ‘’To be honest, there are times that I feel jealous since I can’t be with you as much as I want unlike before since you are always with Luhan.’’

‘’He’s always with me since you aren’t always there like you used to do.’’ She sniffed, wiping her eyes with the sleeve of his shirt.

‘’Ah, really this kid!’’ he briefly retracted from her. ‘’Don’t you dare blow your nose on me!’’

Then he felt that she interlaced her pinky finger with his tighter.

‘’The girl you like, are you planning to confess to her already?’’ she suddenly asked.

‘’No Hyun, I badly wanted to do that but I got accepted in Air force, I don’t want to have a heavy heart once I enter there.’’

Her heart got crashed with the news that just came from him. Her lips started trembling as she leaned her forehead on his arm and wept, she faintly asked, ‘’If you will know that she also likes you, will you still leave?’’

‘’If she’s for me, then she’s for me.’’

‘’If you will know that she also likes you, will you still leave?’’ she uttered in a stern manner this time.

‘’I like her, but I think she loves her dreams more, I don’t want to ruin her focus now, I’ve waited for her for so long and I don’t really mind if I wait a little more, she’s worth it. If in time I still don’t like someone else, and she doesn’t have someone in mind then I would.’’

‘’When will you leave?’’

‘’In a month.’’