His Excessive Favoritism - Be Your Everything Part 4

Excessive Favoritism

 

It was past ten in the evening when Luhan left the hospital. Seohyun cannot go home anymore since the hospital’s charity activity will start as early as six in the morning of the next day. Thus, it was another sleepless night for her.

Conversely, Kris was studying for his weekly case presentation in front of SNUH’s Chief Resident and Fellow, but he cannot focus since his frame of mind was already perturbed seeing Seohyun earlier in the hospital’s café.

He was reading his thick Robbin’s Histopathology book for almost three hours without absorbing descent information while playing his hand phone with his free hand in his pocket. He was expecting his phone to beep - a message from her, but disappointment slowly came since he did not receive even one.

Hyun, are you doing well? Are you getting along with Luhan now?

His frustration just worsens as every tick of the clock repeatedly sounded his quiet room.

Few minutes more, he took out his hand phone from his pocket and messaged Seohyun. ‘’Are you busy now? Can we meet?’’

 

 

She was in the middle of reviewing her patients' charts when her hand phone vibrated on her glass table. Her heavy eye-lids suddenly opened wide as she read that the message was from her Kris-oppa. ‘’Are you busy? Can we meet?’’

As if she could not believe that the message was really from him, she read it again and replied this time, ‘’I am, are you sure?’’

‘’I’m on my way there, meet me at the hospital’s main lounge after an hour.’’

She bit her lower lip as her heart started to thump hard, she was excited and at the same time anxious that she will be spending alone time with her Kris-oppa after a month of not seeing each other.

She closed the chart she was currently working on, stood up from her seat, removed her lab coat and wore her brown knitted cardigan that goes well with her lace sleeveless top.

As she goes down her way to the hospital’s main lounge, she received another message from him, ‘’I don’t want to see those small dark circles and big darks circles around your eyes anymore, take a nap while waiting from me.’’

A smile instantly formed on her face. Kris-oppa didn’t really change; he is just busy he still cares for me.

 

 

She sat on one of the stainless bench on the main lounge and like what Kris instructed her, she took a nap as she waited for him.

Kris drove straight and arrived in the hospital few minutes earlier. He immediately saw Seohyun sleeping, her head down and her long flowing wavy hair slightly covering her fine-looking face. He silently walked to her, and knelt down in front of her as he watched her sleep.

Hyun, you have really gotten thinner, your chubby cheeks are almost no more.  He thought as he noted every detail of her face. I miss you. He leaned forward, and kissed her forehead.

She was awaken as she felt warm breath on her forehead, she recognized the familiar scent of the closest person aside from her family to her, and when she opened her eyes she saw Kris leaning so close against her.

‘’Oppa, you’re here!’’ her eyes automatically widened as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She never felt so excited around anyone else aside from him.

He was totally surprised by her greeting gesture. He was surely feeling that she was also missing him, but never thought that she was that overwhelmed to embrace him in the hospital lounge which is a public place. But this just made him happy because it only means that he too means a lot to her.

‘’I guess Hyun really misses me. Don’t you?’’ he teasingly asked, letting her embrace him a little longer.

Seohyun got her arms off from his neck, and slightly pushed him away to face him, ‘’As always you are too full of yourself Oppa!’’

‘’Why? Don’t you miss me?’’

Her cheeks suddenly felt hot and her ears turned red that she has to look down on the tiled floor in order to shot back at him. ‘’I – I don’t…’’ she denied.

He gently patted the young lady’s head, ‘’I guess Oppa need to admit first…I miss you very much.’’

She started drawing circles on the tiled floor with her foot; she was tongue-tied with what she heard from him. She briefly looked at him, and then looked down again, ‘’ I miss you… a little.’’

 He stood up on his knees and beckoned her to hold his hand. You’re already twenty-one but you’re still that cute little girl I fell in love at first sight. ‘’We still need to go back here before 1:00 PM, let’s go?’’

She grabbed his hand and they walked their way out of the hospital.

 

 

Half an hour has passed and they arrived on Han riverside.

Her eyes were heavy, obvious that she was pretty exhausted from work that he let her be in the car and did not talk to her that much.

As he opened the door of his car for her, he took his backpack at the backseat and got two milk bottles inside which was for him and for her.

‘’Here.’’ He handed her one of the milk bottles.

‘’Thanks, Kris-oppa.’’ Then she twisted the bottle cap and started drinking her milk.

They started strolling slowly by the serene riverside, there were very few people there since it was already late, and it was a lot more enjoyable since the breeze was colder.

‘’How’s your month?’’ Kris finally asked her.

‘’Like you, I’ve been busy.’’ She plainly replied as she took another sip of her milk.

He did not really know how to properly open up an in-depth conversation with her, it has been a month since he decided to avoid her as he thought of paving way for Luhan, and that distance will let him slowly forget his feelings towards her. But instead of forgetting his feelings, like what the adage goes: Distance makes a heart grow fonder.

‘’Uh, Luhan told me that he has been visiting you every day after his work…’’ he did not know how to properly continue his sentence. He did not get a respond from her.

Few minutes of silence passed as they silently stroll beside the still river.

‘’…the two of you, seems that you’ve gotten closer to him.’’

‘’Luhan-oppa is also a friend to me...’’ the two of them stopped, and she sat on the fine grass.’’…it’s because you’re not there that’s why we appear close to each other.’’

She was staring straight to him when she spoke her last sentence. Overly straightforward as usual – her flaw which makes her past admirers stop admiring her, the trait which most people around her go away from her. She admitted it to him a few times before how she closed herself to relationships in order to focus on her career. But this piercing side of her just made him fall for her even more. She’s not the typical type to adjust; he was the one who eventually changed his ways as he decided to grow close with her in each passing day.

‘’Isn’t he fun to be with?’’ he asked again.

‘’Is it fun without me around?’’ she asked him back, ‘’Why do you keep on asking about Lulu-oppa?’’ she rather sound infuriated.

He held his milk bottle at his back and held it with his two hands and averted his gaze on the vast scenery in front of them, then he took a deep breath before answering her, ‘’It’s because he is the one who’s there for you when I wasn’t around you this past month, Hyun. I’m sorry if wasn’t able to be with you…like you I’m busy.’’

He was making a lame excuse with his last four words.

‘’I know, but you are not the type not to show up within a day or two.’’ Her tone was rather flat, but her suppressed annoyance was too obvious.

‘’I’m sorry.’’

‘’Tell me, are you seeing a girl already that you don’t have time for me anymore, Kris-oppa? Are you and Jessica-unnie dating again?’’

To him, it was a silly question.

He put his free hand on his pocket, and took a gulp of his milk. He could not control himself from laughing that he chuckled, ‘’Jessica is in Calfornia for their company, Hyun. And like you, I’ve closed myself to relationship.’’

Her eyebrows furrowed, she couldn’t fully grasp what he meant about his last sentence, ‘’Why? Did you realize that you are also easily distracted with relationship, oppa?’’

He averted his gaze to the serene view of Han River again, ‘’No. I have closed myself to new relationships because I am waiting for someone.’’

She gripped on the grass as she suddenly felt shivers. She suddenly felt anxious; her heart was beating unusually faster. ‘’Huh, you like someone else? Not Jessica-unnie? Who?’’

‘’It’s a secret.’’ He could not face her.

‘’You’ve been absent for a month, and now you are hiding a secret from me! Unfair!’’ she complained.

‘’A secret will not be secret anymore if two people knows it already.’’ He took another gulp of his milk as he looked down. He was feeling a little uneasy already. He knows that she’s a little too persistent when she wants him to spill something.

‘’But I’m unusual, you told me that you trust me a lot.’’ She argued, eager to know his secret.

‘’In time, you will know, Hyun.’’ He looked at the scenery again as he finished his milk.

‘’Okay.’’ She was feeling frustrated, but she cannot force him to spill it, ‘’…but will you confess to her?’’

‘’I’m not planning to do that.’’

‘’Why?’’ she could not fathom him anymore.

‘’If I do that, I might lose her…so might as well just wait.’’

She heaved a sigh of disappointment, she never imagined to see his coward side of him. ‘’You don’t know until when you will wait. I thought you want to get married before you reach twenty-eight, you are twenty-three now and by judging your tone I think you are willing to wait for that girl even when you reach forty.’’

‘’It doesn’t matter how long I will wait for her, Hyun. Until she learns how to open up her heart, I will wait.’’

‘’Maybe she’s really beautiful lady.’’ She stretched her hands in the air trying to ease her odd fast heartbeat. ‘’But just try to confess to her now Oppa, it’s just me and the Han River who will hear you.’’

 ‘’If I confess now, she might hear it.’’

‘’As if Oppa, it just me and you here.’’ She insisted, ‘’Come on!’’

He knew that she will not stop and would even eventually whine if he will not do it. Hence, she left him with no choice but to gather all his confidence inside him and confess.

He started shouting in front of the river, ‘’I love…’’ then he slowly faced her, ‘’…You.’’

She suddenly got frozen from where she was, her jaw stiffened for moment that she couldn’t utter another complain though she did not fully understand that it was already a confession.

‘’Oppa, you did not even tell her name.’’

‘’I told you, in time You will know, Hyun.’’ Though his body was not acting accordingly to his lightened feeling, he thought that it was really good confessing his true feelings towards her.

He offered his hand and helped her stood up, ‘’It’s getting late; I think we need to get back. I’ll see you tomorrow after your charity work let’s eat brunch.’’

 

-----------

It was past nine in the morning when SNUH’s medical charity work was finished, and like what Kris has told her, he was there to fetch her so that they can eat brunch together like the usual.

‘’How’s your work?’’ he asked, patting her head like the usual.

‘’I was assigned to lead the blood-letting. I’m happy, we were able to collect thirty-four bags of blood within three hours.’’ She held his hand as they walk since he beckoned her to do so.

Unexpectedly, they saw Luhan from a distant heading towards them while wearing a furious expression.

When the deer-eyed gentleman was in-front of them, without a word he pushed Kris away from her. ‘’I thought you already pave way? But why are you holding someone else’s girlfriend?’’

‘’Girlfriend?’’ she couldn’t get what Luhan meant.

‘’Ah, that was fast. I’m sorry.’’ Then Kris offered his hand for a handshake, and faintly greeted him, ‘’Congratulations.’’