His Excessive Favoritism - Be Your Everything Part 2

Excessive Favoritism

Days passed and so as weeks, and so a month, Kris kept in touch with Jessica that there are numerous times that the blonde would join Kris and Seohyun’s company. The tall gentleman is happy about it, being able to reckon with his former fiancée and being able to have time to eat meals with Seohyun. Being with these two important ladies in his life, he couldn’t ask for anything else, without knowing that his favorite dongsaeng is feeling out of place whenever Jessica is around.

Seohyun’s open with new companions, even to Jessica. It’s just that there her closeness to her Kris-oppa is undeniably different from just a mere friend. Past is past, it’s certainly easier said than done to set aside the feeling of envy knowing that the blonde young physician is her Kris-oppa’s former fiancée. After all, not all are mature enough to face this kind of discomfited situation and she is one.

 

 

It was one rainy day, and Seohyun was assigned with other residents to hold a free rabies vaccination event in SNUH’s outdoor pavilion. She was already fixed her things and was already able to go inside the hospital’s main lobby, and that she was just waiting for her Kris-oppa to fetch her up when she realized that she left her Samsung tablet in the outdoor tent where they did the vaccination program.

Obviously, she had no choice but to go back to the tent and look for her tablet despite of the heavy rain. And so, she ran under the  pouring skies going back to the tent to get it.

The rain even got stronger the moment she got into the tent and obtained her tablet. Flood started to form beside the gutters of the sidewalks and there is no way for her to go out of the tent but to wait until the rain subsides.

She just became frustrated, she's supposed to spend her mere two hours lunch with Kris but the furious gray skies seemed to ruin it all.

Until she heard a motorcycle sound from a near distant, and the rider suddenly flashed the motorcycle’s light on her, then she heard the pleasant voice of the biker called out to her, ‘’Ms. Seo, hop in!’’

She seemed to encounter the biker’s voice before but she just couldn’t remember where. Of course, the biker was a complete stranger for her so she hesitated initially but as the biker handed her his spare helmet and raised the eye protector of his helmet. ‘’Hop in!’’

She saw the familiar harmonious face of one of her former patients during her internship, ‘’Mr. Xi.’’

‘’Come on its raining, hop in!’’ he beckoned her to hurry up and hitch on his motorcycle already.

She wore the helmet and wrapped her tablet with her laboratory coat, then she ran and hitched at the back of his motorcycle.

He drove him to the hospital's main building and walked her to the main lobby.

 

 

Conversely, Wu Fan was already waiting for her in the hospital's main lobby for almost fifteen minutes. No one knew where did Seohyun went that he was nonstop walking back and forth for being worried and even tried to call her but she did not even answer it.

"Hyun, where on earth are you now?" he called her once again as he stopped on one spot near the main lobby's front door. He was extremely worrying about her.

 

 

 

‘’Careful!’’ Luhan carefully assisted Seohyun from getting off from his bike, and immediately covered her with his black leather jacket to protect her from the rain as he escorted her to the entrance of the hospital’s lobby.

‘’Thank you very much Luhan-ssi, I didn’t really know what to do if you didn’t drop by there.’’ She smiled brightly as she handed back the deer-eyed gentleman’s helmet back to him and wiped her arms with her wet handkerchief from her uniform’s pocket.

‘’Oh, here!’’ he handed her a small white towel from his waterproof pants. ‘’…so sorry, I’m no help. You’re still soaked in the rain Ms. Seo.’’

‘’No, no Mr. Xi…big thanks to you I am able o go back here safely.’’ She shyly smiled as she tried to decline what the latter was offering him.

But Luhan insisted and handed her his towel, ‘’Don’t worry it’s clean.’’ He smiled brightly. ‘’ You shouldn’t catch cold, you’re supposed to treat people not the one getting sick, right?’’

‘’Y-yeah.’’ She eventually accepted the white towel he was offering and used it to wipe her arms and hair. ‘’thank you very much Luhan-ssi.’’

‘’Drop off the honorifics Ms. Seo, just call me Luhan. I should be the one thanking you. I still remember that you’ve really taken care of me when I was hospitalized.’’

‘’It’s my duty, I’m your phlebotomist when I was still an intern.’’ She folded the small white towel as neat as she could and gave it back to him, ‘’Here, I’m sorry it’s really wet now.’’

‘’No. you keep it or throw it.’’ He sheepishly smiled, ‘’Anyway, congratulations!’’ He started at the young lady’s nameplate, ‘’Seo. M.D.’’

‘’I’ve just started my residency here, Luhan-ssi.’’ She meekly admitted. She’s really happy whenever people teases her as a doctor, but it also gives her pressure whenever.

‘’But sooner you will.’’

 

 

‘’Hyun.’’ A low tone suddenly interrupted her conversation with the deer-eyed gentleman; it was her Kris-oppa approaching their way.

She immediately turned her back from Luhan to face her oppa, ‘’Kris-oppa!’’

‘’Look at you, you’re all wet!’’ Kris immediately wiped the young lady’s face using his huge scarf. ‘’Do you want to get sick?’’ he began scolding her.

‘’I’m sorry Kris-oppa, I left my tablet in the tent of the outdoor pavilion so went back to get my tablet there.’’

‘’And you ran without umbrella?’’ he got the folded wet lab coat from the young lady’s arm. ‘’Did you find your tablet?’’

‘’It’s in there oppa.’’

‘’You should’ve waited for me and you shouldn’t have ran in the rain.’’

‘’I’m really sorry oppa.’’ She then faced Luhan again and introduced him to her oppa, ‘’Anyway, do you still remember him Kris-oppa?’’

 

They encountered so many patients here and there that Kris was not very particular with his past patients; he furrowed his eyebrows and tried to remember his encounter with the deer-eyed handsome for a minute. He remembered the familiar patient they had when he was still an intern, ‘’Lu – ‘’ he tried to guest.

‘’Yes oppa, he is Luhan-ssi one of our patients in Men’s pavilion when we were still interns here last year.’’ Seohyun gladly affirmed.

Recalling what kind of patient Luhan was Kris didn’t like it. The one who was hitting on Hyun during our internship. The Dengue boy!

‘’All thanks to him, he let me ride his motorcycle. If not, I’ll be stuck there in the tent because it’s already starting to flood in that area.’’

‘’Hello.’’ Luhan awkwardly greeted Kris.

‘’Thanks.’’ The tall gentleman bluntly uttered. ‘’…Nice to meet you again here.’'

‘’You too.’’

The towering gentleman held Seohyun’s hand, he instantly became extra protective of him knowing that the deer-eyed handsome is admiring his dear dongsaeng. He’s one of those thorns he considered as his rivals to her, it’s because Seohyun isn’t really friendly to the opposite gender except from him, and Luhan is a rare case, a really rare case, since he too was also able to befriend her even for a short period of time.

Encountering him as their patient, it’s understandable and he should not worry about it. But encountering him again for the second time after a long time is really something to bother.

Luhan looked at their hands and remembered that Kris once felt annoyed over of him in the Men’s ward.

‘’I guess I should get going. You two, congratulations for becoming doctors and for staying strong together!’’ he rubbed his nape, he was definitely embarrassed.

‘’Staying strong together?’’ she looked at them puzzled. ‘’Luhan-ssi, it’s not what you think what we really are. Kris-oppa is my best oppa but we’re not…a couple.’’ Her last words were almost whispers.

‘’But I thought…’’ he thought for a second and chuckled for realizing how silly he was. ‘’Ah, so you two are best friends and not a couple like what I always thought?’’

He bit his lower lip as he put his hand on one side of his waist and took out his mobile phone from the right pocket of his pants, ’’I’ve always wanted to ask you this Ms. Seo…’’

‘’What is it Luhan-ssi?’’

‘’Before I got out of here I told you that I want to be friend with you and I asked you if I can  to get your number, right?’’ he eventually let out a goofy smile, ‘’But I’ve mistaken that you and Dr. Wu are couple, so I did not dare to ask for your number anymore, remember?’’ he stuck out his tongue, ‘’Silly me!’’

She briefly looked up to see her Kris-oppa’s face, and smiled to the deer-eyed gentleman, ‘’Most people often mistaken us, it’s just that we’re really, really close.’’ She squeezed Kris’ hand, ‘’Right Kris-oppa?’’

‘’So no one will really going to stab me to death if I get your number now?’’ Luhan’s eyes sparkled like an innocent little boy. ‘’May I?’’

‘’Sure! Let’s exchange numbers.’’ She unhesitatingly agreed and took out her mobile phone from her pocket.

‘’So what’s your number?’’ he asked.

 

‘’It’s xxxx1029086’’

Luhan immediately saved her number and dialed it. ‘’Save my number, I should get going! See you again Seohyun-ssi!’’

 

 

 

Since then, Luhan stay in touch with Seohyun as they exchanged messages from time-to-time, and started visiting her every Fridays and Saturdays.

There are times that he’s even going out with Kris and Seohyun, and sometimes grab some lunch with them like Jessica.

Thus, all became more complicated for Kris’ part. He has to befriend Luhan and he have to treat him as nice as he could despite the fact that he is already feeling awful for having a rival with Seohyun’s attention.

It was already hard for him even when it’s just the two of them, and now that Luhan has entered the picture, his situation was even worsen.

 

-----------

 

Almost three months have passed. Luhan was able to become close to Seohyun. Well, not as close like Kris but he is surely the next person close to her.

It was a very exhausting day for the young residents of SNUH since the hospital held their annual Hepatitis vaccination day.

Luhan visits the three of them and brought them packed dinner so the four of them could eat supper together.

Kris and Jessica were able to fix their things since they finished their job early and the two of them were just waiting for their dear maknae to finish her last set of chartings then they’re off. They were already joined by Luhan when he suddenly called Kris’ attention.

‘’Kris, Seohyun really became a lot more beautiful don’t you think?’’ a handsome smile crept on Luhan’s already harmonious face. It’s Seohyun and Seohyun alone who could make him smile like an idiot out of the blue.

‘’My dongsaeng is really pretty, as always.’’ Kris bluntly agreed as he ed his long lab coat. ‘’Why do you suddenly ask Luhan?’’

The deer eyed gentleman diverted his gaze afar from him, ‘’Nothing.’’

‘’Come on Xi Luhan, just say it.’’ Jessica suddenly nudged Luhan’s stomach with her elbow as she joined their conversation.

‘’Ouch! That hurts Sica!’’ then he denied again, ‘’There’s really nothing.’’

‘’Don’t lie about the obvious Xi Luhan!’’ the blonde kept playfully prying him. ‘’You like our baby Joo Hyun, don’t you?’’

He bit his lower lip as he nervously faced the two, ‘’Am, am I really…that obvious?’’

‘’You’ve always been obvious Lulu!’’ this time, Jessica playfully nudged Luhan’s crown.

Kris was frozen in his stance; he was right from the start that the deer eyed gentleman is really his rival from the start. And now, his rival revealed his true color. He feels bad about it. His heart was pierced with his own blade; he has all the time in the world to tell Seohyun his true feelings for her but he wasted that plentiful of time for being afraid.

And now that Luhan is already part of their circle’s picture and is honest with his true feelings, he felt a lot more fearful than before.

It took Luhan a moment of silence before he was able to face Kris again, ‘’Kris…’’

‘’Neh, Luhan?’’

‘’Can I court Seohyun?’’

‘’It’s up to her.’’

‘’Will you help me?’’

Kris' vision suddenly became blurred he couldn’t answer him as he was already feeling crashed in his position. He wanted to smack Luhan’s head off but realizing his stance in Seohyun’s life, she has no right to do it.

‘’Will you, Kris?‘’ the deer eyed gentleman tried to ask him again but was cut when Seohyun was already calling their attention as she ran to them from afar.

‘’Kris-oppa, Sica-unnie, Luhan-oppa!’’ she waved her hand to them blissfully as she sprinted towards them.

‘’Kris-oppa!’’ she playfully jumped and bumped her head’s crown to Kris’ chin the moment she reached them.

‘’Why so playful Hyun?’’ he asked, as he held the latter’s shoulders and made her face him. ‘’You seems so happy.’’

She nodded like a little child, and pulled out handful of free Rx papers from her lab coat and showed it to him, ‘’Tada! I got a lot of these!’’

‘’You surely like collecting those, huh?’’

‘’Of course, especially it’s free.’’ She put a bundle of Rx paper in his lab coat’s pocket. ‘’One for you.’’ Then she gave one each to her Sica-unnie and Luhan-oppa as well, ‘’One for you, and one for you!’’

‘’Hyun is really cute, right Luhan?’’ Jessica managed to tease the deer-eyed gentleman once again.

‘’Y-yeah, she is always cute…’’ he shyly answered and was even stuttering.

Hyun playfully bumps her forehead to Kris’ chest; it’s one of her childish tantrums indicating that she’s already tired or either wants to eat something which she really prefers or do something fun which she usually do.

And of course, knowing her more than anyone else the tall gentleman asked her, ‘’Neh, Hyun? What is it?’’

‘’I want goguma (sweet potato).’’

‘’Your Luhan-oppa brought us dinner Hyun.’’

‘’But I want goguma.’’ She kept doing the same gesture as she childishly whined what she craved for to him.

‘’Okay, okay. I will Kris-oppa will buy you on our way home.’’ He held her shoulders again and ruffled her hair as usual.

‘’I guess it will not be as easy as what I think, Sica.’’ Luhan whispered to the blonde as the two of them watched Kris and Seohyun in front of them.

 

 

Few days passed, it was Seohyun’s off but Luhan went to visit SNUH early in the morning. He intentionally went to SNUH to talk things out with Kris.

‘’Kris, about what I told you a few days ago. I’m serious about it.’’

‘’What do you want me to do?’’ Kris bluntly asked.

‘’Will you help me?’’ the deer eyed gentleman was surely hopeful of his help.

Luhan’s really getting into his nerves; he couldn’t really read in between the lines when he’s already showing his opposition. ‘’Hyun is my dongsaeng – ‘’

‘’That’s why I’m asking for your help man.’’ He shortened their distance and held the taller gentleman’s shoulders. ‘’I’m in love with your dongsaeng, I really do like Seohyun.’’

The tall gentleman hid his clenched fists in his pockets and blankly looked at the latter for a moment, ‘’Then court her you way, Luhan.’’

‘’Man, I need your help with this.’’

‘’But you know Hyun, she’s not open with this kind of thing.’’

‘’…or you don’t want to help me because you also have something for her?’’ the deer eyed gentleman briefly argued with him.

Yes. I do. I love her before you even fell in love with her.

Kris chose to remain silent and left Luhan behind.

 

‘’Fine Kris! I’ll do everything my way. I’ll do everything to make Seohyun my girl! It’s Okay!’’

Thus, time is running short for Kris. He needs to express what he really feels for Seohyun before Luhan or anyone else does.He couldn’t hide it forever. He needs to make up his mind whether to gamble his friendship with her in exchange with his secret love or choose to keep his mouth shut and dwell with his misery of being his forever best friend to maintain their bond strong as ever.

 

 

  • A/N: Here's a short update for this story. Anyway, I still hope you enjoy it. Author-Froggy can't help herself to update this story.Happy New Year eveyone! God Bless you all and your families. :)