Excessive Favoritism

Excessive Favoritism

A/N: This is the first part of Excessive Favoritism - a one-shot about how Dr. Kris Wu fell in love with Dr. Seo Joo Hyun. Thank you for your support my dear reader-nims. I dedicate this to all my Seohyun-Kris readers.

 

 

Kris Wu is the mindblowingly handsome intern at Seoul National University - Hospital. He is dubbed as 'Ice Prince' for being intimidating handsome, for being superiorly intelligent, and for being excessively picky. He doesn't easily befriend people, first impressions matter a lot to him since he trusts his intuition more than anything else. People often misunderstand him as a bad person because of this. Little did they know, he built this kind of high standard because he never went easy to himself. Consequently, most people around him easily gets intimidated and fearful when he is around, they never witnessed his soft side - the littlest percentage of his being which he only shows to those few people who are dear to him.

But in every other game, in every other place, and in every other situation there's always an exemption to the rule. In this short fiction story, Seo Joo Hyun – Kris’ senior intern who happens to be two years younger than him is the exception.

The moment he first saw her, it was the very first time in his life that he got awestruck by someone. If there's a contest of being the Most Conceited person living on Earth, there's a probability that Kris could win the prize. But the shy belle who's apparently unaware of her beauty instantly blew his conceited state into shame. He instantly became her secret admirer, afraid to make a big move because she might get away from him if he do so.

But it doesn't mean that he completely hid himself in his own shell, he took all the audacity he has inside and made his own way to get to know her and be close to her. No one could do it for him but he himself. Seohyun is not one of those stereotypical girls who will automatically swoon over him once he stands up in front of their hospital's main lobby.

 

How did he make his way?

 

He would walk her on the way to the subway station going home every afternoon once their shift ends despite the fact that he owns three different cars: a white BMW top down, a sleek black Audi executive car, and his cheapest automobile - a navy blue Camry, which he uses alternately in every single day. He asked her to go out with him for a dinner and a stroll to a nearby place near SNUH the day after his birthday. Invite her on a 'friendly' dinner date ten days after her birthday, courageously meet her whole family after a Sunday service, and introduce her to his mother and younger brother.

Simple things that a friend could freely do and an official suitor would never experience since Seohyun is not interested entertaining suitors, and she's not even looking forward to have a boyfriend at the moment. According to her, she intentionally closed her heart for a relationship at the moment since there are things in her life that are more important than love.

Kris was able to know these things since the young lady opened up to him. They do have serious conversations, they talk about anything under the sun, but mostly about: their goals, their families, and their hobbies, random stuffs about them because Love is still a sensitive topic for the young lady. Furthermore, he does not want her to feel uncomfortable around him. He wanted to build a comfortable place for her whenever he is around, he want her to be the most comfortable person who would show her true side in front of him since he is certain that he will not be playing around her. For him, she's the type of girl who is for keeps, the one he would love to take care of and worry about everyday despite of his hectic schedule and his obligations. 

 

He's very fortunate; he can be himself around the her since they share a lot of things in common: he likes reading inspirational books and so does Seohyun, he tends to eat healthy and so does the young lady, he is a filial son and she's a filial daughter. Those little things which pulled them together make it easier for him to get closer to her.

But the only problem is that he has to contain his admiration towards her in order to maintain their friendship in the safe zone. In short, he is friend zoned.

Definitely, Joo Hyun is not the first girl he had in mind. He had two girlfriends: Yuri, and Jessica, who happens to be the sought after females in the university he is studying at. He broke up with Kwon Yuri since his family doesn't like her for him, and he broke up with Jung Jessica since he never felt that he became one of her priorities. But this time, it's the very first time he eyed someone, not so popular, a very passive person. She's way too different from them in terms of demeanor despite the fact that she appears physically superior to them, and it made her more amusing since she doesn't mainly care about it. He selfishly wishes that no one could see her but him. But that's kind of impossible since she effortlessly shines brighter than anyone else.

Kris successfully got her feeling comfortable towards him, but then, only comfortable for being her friend - a little too far for being her significant someone.

 

----------

It was a Saturday evening, and Kris has nothing to do inside their family's contemporary mansion. He is the blunt young master of the infamous Wu family - China's infamous clan of dentists, who happens to reside in Korea when Kris was born due to business expansion purposes alongside with the Jung family. But despite of this fact, he likes to become an Oriental Medicine physician. His parents were supportive to his decision. Well, for as long as he's not going to drop the M.D. title.

He was studying the whole day, and it's kind of a double-kill for him if he's still going to push himself to sit and read for the whole evening so he decided to get his Camry keys, and go somewhere else to release his stress.

It was another suffocating day for him. All his life he lived under his elders' orders, he was not able to enjoy like any other young man, though he was able to have relationships during his early years in the university, he's not the type to loosen up have some random fun with companions and take his grades for granted he has a name to protect and a mere stupidity cannot even be a reason to blemish it. Consequently, he is an ideal son who is willing to obey and to live his life under his parents' orders.

"Where to go?" he muttered to himself as he maneuvered his sleek ride on the road. He doesn't really know where to spend his evening and the only person occupying his mind at that very moment was Seohyun.

He could not help himself but to smile. It was just a mere thought of her. She was currently having an evening duty at SNU-Hospital.

 

Though it was his free day, he drove his car to the said hospital, of course, for that certain someone.

It was past eight in the evening when he arrived in the laboratory where he found some of his co-interns and his "favorite" girl, Seohyun. He addresses her as his "favorite girl"; he always says that his main sickness is that he has excessive favoritism towards his circle of friends. He's not lying about it, he really is picky but it's also a fact that he secretly likes her more than that. She's not just his apple-of-the-eye for a certain period of time but as a woman he wanted to be his girl whom he wanted to show his love for a lifetime.

'I'll be there in a moment you can have my Nai Cha, I intentionally left the half just for you. Are you doing pavilion visits with Ms. Choi right now?'

He knew for a fact that it's not Seohyun's nature to reply on unimportant messages but she's reading it, and he knows that informing her that he has not finished his milk tea for her will certainly make her happy. One sign of the young lady’s blunt side – thus, it’s one of the million reasons that make her stand out in his sight.

Few minutes later he was able to reach the hospital, it was Lay, his co-intern who welcomed him first flashing his dimpled smile, "Hello Kris, it's your day off right? What brought you here?"

He knew that the latter was up to a certain answer, so he replied in his usual smug manner, "I was bored, and the hospital is near so I went here."

"Ah..." the serene looking lad obviously looked unconvinced, and started giggling, "Anyway, Joo Hyun is there in the Chemistry section with Ms. Choi, perfect timing."

'This little Zhang here, I better shut him or else it will be the end for me.' Kris sharply watched the serene looking lad walked away.

 

 

And so he went to approach the young lady who was currently working with their hospital staff, Ms. Choi.

"Good evening Ms. Choi." he greeted their staff as he patted Seohyun's head, "Hello Hyun, how is my little dongsaeng (younger sibling) doing?"

The young lady eventually turned to him wearing her usual pretty smile, "Kris-oppa, where's my milk tea?"

He rose an eyebrow due to the latter's question, she's naturally blunt and she could be effortlessly really funny at times. These are just few of her charms that make him fall for her even more.

"Here." he handed the almost half-full tall plastic cup of milk tea to the latter, "I know you're only looking for that." he acted upset.

"Sorry Kris-oppa, I haven't had milk tea for two weeks." she cutely apologized as she casually sips down the drink he just handed her using the same straw he just used.

'Indirect kiss.' he mentally noted. Without a doubt, the young lady is really that comfortable with him that she doesn't mind using his drinking mug or glass. For really close friends of the same spicie it's okay. But considering Kris' personality, and Joo Hyun's disinterest towards boys, it will really look as 'something' to others.

He started patting her head like the usual, "Hyun, you should have at least removed the straw because I used it."

"Why? It's just you Kris-oppa." she innocently replied, "Are you sick today that you don't want me to use your straw?" then she took another sip.

"It's not that Hyun." he let out a nervous giggle. "Anyway, I hope you grow a little more, as tall as Ms. Choi." He randomly added to their talk.

"Why? I'm already tall Kris-oppa, we're just two centimeters apart." she quizzically asked. Kris often notice her height and often tells her that he want her to grow a little taller.

"Nothing much, I still find you short Hyun." he handsomely smirked.

'So it will be easier for you to hear my heart whenever you get near me Hyun, that's why I want you to grow as tall as Ms. Choi.'

"Anyway can you two do pavilion visits for me this late evening?" Ms. Choi suddenly interrupted. "Mr. Wu, since for sure you're just going to bug us here why not accompany our baby Hyun to do pavilion visits?"

Even Ms. Choi knew that he has something for Seohyun.

"It's supposed to be her job right?"

"Kris Wu Yi Fan..." Seohyun summoned him with his full name, meaning that she was about to get upset due to his protest as she crossed her arms.

"Yes, my favorite dongsaeng?"; he endearingly pinched her nose to calm her down. "…alright, alright. It seems that Wu Fan-oppa has no way of winning over you."

She agreed on his last sentence like a boss, "Good, good."  

He had no choice but to accept his defeat, "Should I prepare your warding box (tool kit for blood extraction: syringes, cotton, alcohol, and tourniquet, EDTA, Red top - non additive, citrate tubes)? I bet there will be a lots of patients waiting for you in your pavilion assignment since you're their favorite phlebotomist."

"No, let me do it myself Wu Fan-oppa." she answered the latter as she flustered red. He really knows how to flatter her.

"Since when did my little Seo Joo Hyun knew how to get embarrassed around me?" he tried to stop himself from laughing.

"Don't be such, Oppa...you're bullying me again!"

"I guess it's a sign that I have to prepare OUR warding box, Hyun." he then started to get syringes from the cupboard nearest to them, "May I borrow your extra laboratory gown, Hyun?" he suddenly asked.

"Why? Are you going to help me?" she asked, as she cleans up her work place.

"No, no, no...I will just watch you!" he sarcastically answered as the latter was asking the obvious. "Don't you want me to help you out, Hyun?"

The young lady agreed, and flashed her usual bright smile, "Thank you, Oppa."

Whenever she smiles, it's the best scenery that usually makes his day complete. Actually, seeing her already makes his day complete. Whether she smiles, pouts, gets angry, feels bored, looks at him blankly - name every single thing she do he adores it a lot. He adores her, SECRETLY.

 

----------

As soon as Kris accomplished preparing their warding box, they started warding in Seohyun's pavilion assignments. On their way, he checked the physician test requests and found out that the young lady’s pavilion assignment was in the Men’s ward.

He protested as he read all the names of the patients of each physician requests of the people she has to extract blood in the said hospital pavilion, ‘’Park Chayeol, Kim Jong-In, Kim Joon Myun…Xi Luhan. Is Ms. Choi really insane for assigning you in the men’s pavilion this late?’’

‘’Oppa, I have no choice, you’ve seen that the others went to do their pavilion visits earlier than me.’’

His frustration just grew worse as he continued browsing and continued protesting,’’…Jung Yunho, Shim Changmin, Park Yoochun, Xiah Junsu, Kim Jaejoong…goodness sake. I can’t really let you do this all alone Hyun!’’

‘’Oppa, as if we are not doing this everyday.’’ She defended her situation, the latter’s becoming over protective of her once again.

‘’And as if I don't always have to pry other interns to exchange pavilion assignments whenever you're assigned in that pav!" he immediately shot back not wanting to leave the topic without any arguments. "Who's assigned in the women’s pavilion?’’ he suddenly asked, ‘’It will be safer for you if you’re going to exchange pavilion assignment to the one assigned in the women’s pavilion.’’

‘’Zhang Yi Xing. (Lay’s real name)’’ She bluntly answered.

‘’Huh? Lay? Did Ms. Choi hit her head on to something? She should have assigned you to do warding in the women’s pavilion instead of him.’’

‘’Actually, he volunteered to do pavilion visits earlier than me…he volunteered because he likes to do warding in women’s pavilion.’’

 

His facial expression instantly turned bitter, it was no surprise for him that Zhang Yi Xing would do such, the serene looking young man may appear kind because he looks like a silent type but in reality he is naughty - a silent killer.

"I'm not surprised about it Hyun." he coldly uttered. "Don't worry, this won't happen anymore."

"What do you mean, Oppa?"

"I'll tell Ms. Choi never to let you do pavilion visits in men's ward again. This will be the last time." he answered, as if he was certain that the situation will not reoccur anymore.

Seohyun's eyes suddenly narrowed, as she felt suspicious of him, she started prying her oppa, "...or you just want us to do pavilion visit in women's ward instead of Lay since there's a semi-private room there, where a group of young ladies with the same age as yours are currently confined because of food poisoning?"

"Huh? You mean Ms. Hwang, Ms. Kim, and Ms. Im?" he paused for a moment feeling the tension building inside him was getting up to his head, "Hyun, that's not it."

"See. I'm right? You even remember their names." she pried him once again, assuming that he was really up to see those female patients.

'Fine, they are all pretty. But I only see you' he mentally argued with her, as he chose not to verbally bicker with her. He was being cautious that some particular words might slip out from his mouth that could make her go away from him, since there are times that he already he already want to let out his real feelings..

"Why my favorite dongsaeng? Don't tell me you don't want your Kris-oppa to get a pretty girlfriend like them?" he jested as he started poking her cheek playfully.

Seohyun remained silent until they reached the hallway of the men's ward before she reacted, "I don't really know love stuffs that much Oppa. It's all up to you whether you like to have a pretty girlfriend or not."

'That's why it's really hard to tell you what I really feel, Hyun. It's because, it's always up to me.'

 

----------

They entered the first room in the men's pavilion where the dengue patients Park Chanyeol, Kim Jong-In, Kim Joon Myun, and Xi Luhan were in. Kris instantly irked inside knowing that the room was filled of Seohyun's fan boys, and that those patients were almost as the same age, if not a little younger or a little older than them.

 

"Hyun, let's do the warding as quick as we could." he told the latter as he put the warding box on an empty hospital bed inside the same room, and prepare their materials for blood extraction.

Not completely getting what her Kris-oppa meant, the young lady just agreed, "Alright, Oppa."

 

 

The towering handsome could only sigh perceiving that Seohyun once again did not get what he meant. Ever since he became close to her it became his main problem: she often doesn't perceive his extra special treatment towards her, the latter even address him as the Best Oppa she could ever have and that title is killing him since he really has to treat her as his younger sister, he was obliged not to cross the sibling-like boundary, or else it will be the end for him and his day-by-day opportunity to be with her. In short, he is Friend Zoned.

He's not a kind of man who is afraid to express his feelings. But Seohyun is extra special that he's always easily bewitched by her meek personality. After hearing several stories from his senior co-interns who dared to make a move to court Joo Hyun, like Kim Minseok, and Kim Jongdae whose lives became bitter after they got turned down by his dongsaeng Hyun. The two young men even chagrined the moment he stepped his feet inside SNUH and became Seohyun's junior co-intern.

They say that he's too lucky that they wanted to stab him to death especially when the two of them became really close, and when the news spread that the young lady introduced him to her family after a Sunday church service.

Most of the people who know his real intent often tell him how fortunate he is that he easily got close to the close-hearted girl.

Seo Joo Hyun may appear as a goddess, and very lady-like. She's a great example of a dream girl material: God-fearing, pretty, conservative, obedient, filial, and upright, though her other ways may appear weird, occasionally klutz, and she often goes on her shifts late.

But she’s still more of a girl than of a woman.

 

 

 

“Big room, bed number 9” Seohyun read the location of their first patient as they entered the big room. "…Is Kim Jong-In, here?"

"Here, Ms. Seo-noona (older sister)!" the tall young boy with a handsome smug face who was lying in the last hospital bed of the room raised his hand. It was very obvious that the lad was hyped because it's Seohyun who will extract blood from him.

The young lady smiled seeing that the patient was rather energetic than afraid of syringes. Usually, patients hate injections but this Kim Jong-In was even wearing a hyped expression.

"I'll be getting your blood for CBC (Complete Blood Count) again, Jong-In." she uttered, as she got a lavender top tube, tourniquet, wet and dry cotton, and syringe on her warding box, and walked to the young lad's direction. “…you know that I need to get blood from you from time to time since we need to monitor your platelet count.”

"Get lots Seo-noona.”  Jong-In was really glad taking out his arm in front of her. “You're pretty, and your gentle unlike your other co-staffs who are not-so-pretty and reckless." The young lady ruffled the hair of the young man, before applying tourniquet and alcohol around his arm.

"Jong-In ah, aside from the last time I extracted blood from you, how many times did they perform CBC on you?" Seohyun briefly asked the young lad as she palpates his vein. The latter got slightly serious bumps already, obvious that her co-interns are also getting blood from him from time to time.

"Around eleven times Seo-noona, those staffs like you got iron hands. Look at what they did to my arm, I have a lot of bumps." he complained.

"Sorry Jong-In, we have to monitor your blood count everyday to check if your platelets count is increasing. If it's not, it only means that you have to stay longer here in the hospital." she explained to the younger lad clearly why medical laboratory scientists have to extract blood from him.

"Well, if you will be the one who will consistently get blood from me. I won't mind Seo-noona." the young lad straightforwardly uttered as he handsomely flashed his smug smile.

She did not really mind what the young lad just told her and instructed him, "Don't move your arm, and breathe deeply. 1,2,3..."

She then draw blood from the young player in no time, "Okay, you can open your hand now, Jong-In." she then untie the tourniquet around his arm.

Meanwhile, Kris got completely dumbfounded with the young lad's confidence. It wasn't really the first time he irked from hearing such from patients since Seohyun is undeniably beautiful.

He then decided that he'll be the one to perform blood extraction to the others who were inside the room since he doesn't want to hear the same thing from the others.

First, he approached the boy who was lying on the hospital bed next to Kim Jong-In - the tall boy with a handsome toothy smile, Park Chanyeol.

"Okay, Mr. Chanyeol, I'll be getting blood for you for Sodium and Potassium monitoring." he bluntly read the physician's test request as he approach the young man with complete blood extraction materials on his hands.

"Huh? What do you mean blood for serum Sodium and Potassium again? They've got a lot of blood from me from yesterday morning and it was also for Sodium and Potassium monitoring. I'm not dehydrated, I'm telling you I'm not dehydrated that's why you don't need to examine my blood for Sodium and Potassium!" the tall young man with a toothy smile complained, he is such a cutie since he has a smiling face but he could also be a crybaby since he fears injection a lot.

"Well, it's not what your blood test result say Mr. Park." Kris flatly replied, really unconcerned of the patient's complain as he applied tourniquet and alcohol on his arm, and extract blood from the poor lad effortlessly. ‘’That’s why it’s called Monitoring, your blood’s Sodium and Potassium level needs to be monitored from time, you idiot…’’ his voice trailed off at the end of his sentence.

"There, you're done." he spoke to the latter, as he performed blood collection within split seconds and went to the next patient opposite to Park Chanyeol's hospital bed. He read the name of the patient in the physician’s test request, "Kim Joon-Myun.’’

‘’Yes, I’m here.’’

‘’Kim Joon-Myun…’’ he unsympathetically repeated,’ I’m going to get blood from you for CBC, Sodium, Potassium, and Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS). Mr. Kim, when was the exact time you ate your last meal?"

"I ate my last meal around one o’clock." the princely young man faintly replied, among the four patients, he was the one who extremely looks unwell.

"Oh, okay. Just relax Mr. Kim" he replied as he uncaringly extracted blood from the princely gentleman's arm, and eventually left him almost without a word as soon as he finished drawing blood from him and proceeded to the last patient direction – Xi Luhan, like his last patient did not really exists. Definitely, he doesn’t want Seohyun to do the warding anymore; he was feeling jealous even to mere patients.

But even though he was already swift, the young lady was already conversing with the last patient the time he finished drawing blood from the princely young man.

It’s Xi Luhan, the sought after patient of the all nurses in SNUH, it has been almost two weeks since he got confined in the hospital, and by that very moment he was already recovering and was about to leave within two days. His only problem at that very moment was that there was no one to fetch him out of the hospital since both of his parents were in China, and he’s an exchange student who only lives by his fellow exchange students in a dorm near Yonsei University.

 

He looks like Little Prince, with his gentle yet handsome smile and small face, add those deer eyes, which makes up his undeniably charming harmonious face.

 

Kris knows that he looks like a god, that he is handsome and tall. But he is also a man, and he feels that certain spark whenever Mr. Little Prince takes a peek on his favorite dongsaeng.

 

It was not the first time that Seohyun draw blood from Mr. Xi. In fact, the young man was seemingly became an acquaintance to the young lady since it was her who always draw blood for CBC for him.

Definitely, they have talked to each other like companions already.

The young lady was already applying alcohol on the deer-eyed handsome’s arm when he interrupted, ‘’Let me do it for you Hyun.’’

‘’Thanks, Oppa…but I can manage. I’ve been doing this to him for almost everyday for two weeks already.’’ She casually declined the towering handsome’s offer, and faced the deer-eyed patient, ‘’Right, Luhan-ssi?’’

The deer-eyed handsome shyly nodded his head in agreement; it was obvious that he was really comfortable with Seohyun.

‘’Ms. Seo, thank you, your hands were too gentle that I never experience having serious bumps even if you’re getting blood from me for almost everyday.’’ The deer-eyed handsome put his hand with a dextrose on, on top of the young lady’s free hand.

She rather felt a little off with her patient’s gesture, though it’s a little off for her she couldn’t easily jump into conclusions that he is taking advantage of her or he’s plainly grateful of her.

Kris saw the scene with his two eyes; he could only purse his lips and grit his teeth in annoyance. His temper was scorching already. If only he could protest, he would, but he’s going to be really obvious if he will.

‘’I’m going to draw blood from you for your CBC again Luhan-ssi.’’ Seohyun gently removed the deer-eyed lad’s hand from her free hand as she check the syringe she was going to use to the latter.

‘’Okay.’’ Luhan replied.

‘’Close your fist Mr. Xi, and breathe deeply, 1, 2, 3…’’ then she gently inserted the needle of the syringe in his arm and swiftly drew blood from him.

‘’Okay, please open your fist now, Luhan-ssi. I’m done.’’ She removed the tourniquet and withdrawn the needle from his arm, and transferred the drawn blood of the patient to the usual EDTA - lavender top tube used for CBC. ‘’Thank you Ms. Xi, I hope you will be able to get out from here really soon.’’ She warmly smiled to the latter.

‘’Thanks, Ms. Seo.’’ The deer-eyed handsome handsomely smiled as he thanked her. His stare, as if it was only them who exist at that very moment. The spark from his deer eyes belongs to an admirer.

The young lady smiled and briefly waved her hand for a farewell to the deer-eyed patient, but before they leave the said room the deer-eyed handsome called Seohyun’s attention again. “Ms. Seo!”

He was even extending his hand, obviously eager to call the young lady’s attention.

Seohyun turned around, and asked him innocently, ‘’Yes, Mr. Xi?’’

‘’Before you go out, may I ask something from you?’’

‘’What is it Mr. Xi?’’ she blinked her eyes innocently.

‘’Is it okay, that even if I get out of this hospital I could still be friends with you?’’ he asked with an obvious nervousness in his tone.

‘Friends your face! There’s no such thing as real Friendship between opposite gender, you idiot!’

Kris was already mentally cursing the deer-eyed handsome as he held the warding box tighter.

‘’Friends you say?’’ a smile formed on her face, as her eyes innocently sparkled because of the word. ‘’Of course, we could still be friends even if you’re not a patient here Mr. Xi.’’

Then the young lad took the mobile phone on the wooden table adjacent to his hospital bed, and asked, ‘’So is it okay if I get your number?’’

‘’Huh? Number?’’ Seohyun innocently tilted her head for a moment, deciphering if it’s just alright and ethical to befriend a patient. After all, it’s a medical practitioner’s protocol not to involve themselves personally into their patient’s lives.

‘’Yes, it’s essential; I will visit you here some other time…well. If it is okay to –‘’

But before the deer-eyed handsome finish his sentence, he was cut by Kris’ gesture. The towering handsome suddenly held the young lady’s hand, and eventually intertwined his long fingers with hers.

‘’I’m sorry, but this girl’s already taken Mr. Xi.’’ Kris coldly uttered with his usual intimidating facial expression.

‘’Uh, ahh…’’ the deer-eyed handsome could only let out a silly smile. As the other three patients were also dumbfounded with the towering handsome’s sudden announcement.

Kris eventually faced Seohyun as he beckoned her that they should already go out from the room, he uttered in a rather imposing manner, ‘’…let’s go, Hyun.’’

 

 

 

It’s natural for her to see her oppa’s usual cold expression towards other people. She knows how picky and short tempered he is, but his patience wasn’t that short, and there was never a time that he wore such face whenever he is facing her.

As they left the room, Kris’ grip became tighter and instead of going to the next room for another set of patients, Seohyun found herself being dragged away by the her Kris-oppa out of the Men’s pavilion going back to the hospital’s main laboratory.

She felt how furious the he was. She suddenly trembled because of his evident suppressed anger.

‘’Oppa, are you angry that Mr. Xi wants to become friends with me?’’ she innocently asked, she poking his cheek to check if he was really furious or was just doing a front. But it’d been better if she just checked how furious he was since he was really furious at that very moment.

 

‘’Hyun, you can never do pavilion warding in Men’s Ward, okay? Never as I say.’’ he sternly blurted out in her face.

‘’What’s up with you Oppa?’’ she tried to cool down the building tension between them. Her knees were already cringing.

Kris literally bent down to stare at the latter’s dark eyes directly, ‘’Hyun, can’t you see that, that gay looking Luhan likes you?’’

‘’Kris-oppa, how can you say that? He only likes to become friends with me.’’ She tried to defend the deer-eyed handsome.

He hauled a sigh of frustration, he was already bewildered if the she was really innocent in such kind of matter, or if she was just playing dumb. He did not care if his jealousy was already obvious at that very moment.

Certainly, his main problem was that he is in-love to a girl, and not to a woman.

 

‘’Hyun, there’s no such thing as friendship between a man and a woman.’’

‘’So you mean, we’re not really friends Kris-oppa? And what do you mean that I’m already taken? Oh…Don’t tell me I’m already taken by -’’

It already came from the horse’s mouth. Curse himself.

He closed his eyes, still holding the latter’s hand tight as he gently pressed his lips against her forehead.

‘Do I really need to tell her my real feelings this time? ‘He contemplated for a moment as he remembered the first and only time he heard Seohyun spoke about her insight in terms of Love.

 

He remembered her exact words: ‘’I’ll see if I could face love after six months, let’s see if I could welcome it like medicine proper.’’

 

Definitely NOT now!

 

‘’Of course not Hyun, how can I possibly treat you like that?’’ he defended himself, he was half-lying again. "...and about what I told him, said it because I want to protect you."

 

Honestly, I want to keep you for myself.

 

His knees instantly turned weak as his heart already wanted to come out of his chest. His own mouth almost killed him on the spot.

‘’But you said that there’s no such thing as friendship between a man and a woman just now Oppa, how come?’’

‘’Seo Joo Hyun.’’ He summoned her name as he playfully pokes her nose. ‘’Are you telling me that you’re a woman already?’’ He’s blessed that the young lady’s not an interrogator type; he’s safe.

‘’Hmmm, nope. I still prefer Keroro more than a guy, even to you, so definitely I’m still not a full grown lady like what you say.’’

‘’Good good.’’ He slightly nodded in satisfaction with the latter’s answer, as he pulled her into a warm embrace. ‘’Though I like Hyun to grow tall as Ms. Choi, I still prefer my Hyun to stay as a girl.’’

‘’Why?’’ the young lady innocently asked as she hugged him back.

‘’It’s because it’s easier to look over a girl than a woman Hyun. Mature people, those ‘grown ups’, like what I always tell you, they always have plenty of problems in life because they tend to do things their own way without anyone’s consent. And besides, I can wait…’’

Seohyun vaguely pushed herself away from his grip to face him, and innocently asked, ‘’…You could wait for what, Oppa?’’

 

 

Wait for another six months, or even wait until you completely become a grown up lady. Wait until you are ready to entertain love. And I hope you will look at me at that time not just an older brother, not just a friend, but as a man.

 

‘’...Wait for the time that you’ll grow as tall as Ms. Choi.’’ He let out a sheepish grin as he pulled the latter into a warm hug once again. Kudos for his effective excuses!

 

My love can wait Hyun, it’s because I’m certain about you.

 

 

''An unreciprocated love needs to be exposed. In time, it needs an answer''