His Excessive Favoritism - Be Your Everything Part 1

Excessive Favoritism

 

Because they are best friends he cannot make the right move as a man.

There are times that Kris already wants to scream his heart out. It has been a year since he knew Seohyun, and it has been long enough since he started keeping his love for the young lady.                 

It's already obvious in his actions, but all he could do is to cover up his endearing acts with bunch of excuses he have in mind. But there are times that his own excuses were coming back at him.

Each passing day is like a torture, being with her five days a week without being able to express what he really feels, without being able to say that four letter word in front of her.

It's a complicated situation.

Add the external factors that surround them like the senior female residents and female doctors crushing on him and numerous suitors both physicians and patients hitting on Seohyun. There are times that he just wants to pull her by his side and declare to everyone that he owns her even without her permission.

Indeed, his likeness towards her already came to that extent. Well, mentally.

 

----------

'Hyun, set a date for us two. It's almost Christmas. It doesn't really matter if you just like to walk around just like a normal day or you want us to eat like pigs until we get full for as long as we can exchange gifts and spend time together on or before Christmas.

-Kris-oppa'

She was smiling the whole time she was reading her Kris-oppa's message. It's one of the usual long messages she used to receive from him. It's not her hobby to reply on to such kind of messages since it is not urgent, and it doesn't concern school/hospital work. But it doesn't mean that she dislikes receiving such. She's happy reading such messages though she doesn't know how to react and what to reply on such.

She checked the calendar hanging on the wall and checked her free schedule for December.

"December 25 will be my 24 hours duty. What a great Christmas to spend this year." she heaved a sigh of disappointment.

She sulk her head on the study table. She was also looking forward for it. Thinking of the gift he wanted to receive from her for Christmas, as his voice kept echoing inside her head, 'It's doesn't really matter if you're going to give me an expensive stripped long sleeves or a plain white shirt as long as it is from you. Actually anything from you, I'd be happy.'

 

Oppa you're cute whenever I imagine your hyper mood. You're literally look like a tall innocent boy.

 

She imagined those deep dark orbs of his sparkles like hers whenever he is looking forward for something from her, whether it's a simple packed lunch coming from her or the Christmas gift they've long talked about.

It was unfathomable for her how she could turn the self-centered, always high-standard Kris Wu into a child with those simple things she tends to share with him. Hence, she feels so special because of it.

She looked at her wristwatch, stood up and walked to open the door of her room. She knew that at any moment her Kris-oppa would arrive.

Perfect timing, as soon as she opened the door of her room she saw him already walking his way to her room's direction while waving his hand towards her.

"Hyun!" he called at her happily as he sprinted the moment he saw her.

"Kris-oppa!" she welcomed him with her usual warm smile.

Without a word he playfully grabbed her hand and pulled her inside her office room.

"Sorry if I arrived just now Hyun, it's really annoying that I was assigned in the farthest wing of this hospital. Tuberculosis patients are really annoying, that I need to go in the most deserted side of the hospital just to treat them."

"Oppa, you cannot complain like that. It's the physicians calling to treat their patients." she playfully scolded him as she pinches his nose.

"No! Don't touch my nose! I haven't showered yet. Do you want to get dirt from me?" he playfully averted himself away from her.

"Oppa! Don't fool around!" she started laughing and jokingly reminded him. "I can smell your conditioner from this far! Vanity is a sin."

She knows him very well. He's vainer than her that he will not be able to stand a smelly environment even for a second, and that he would hate himself if he would.

"How come you know, huh?" he playfully pulled her near him and wrapped his arms around her shoulders for a back hug as they face the huge mirror wall of her office room.

He pointed at their reflection, "Look at those perfect people, Hyun!"

She playfully elbowed his stomach. "Don't include me in your crazy ideas Kris-oppa!"

She tried to retract herself from him, as she asked, "Oppa, how was your day in the tuberculosis ward?"

All the more that he held on her tighter as he rested his chin on her shoulder, "It has been tiring Hyun, but if we stay just a little more like this then I will be recharged within five minutes."

She felt the obvious exhaustion of his oppa. It was even written on his face that he was restless but it was mixed with his warmth.

"Oppa, you're heavy." she protested.

He did not let the young lady escape his arms as he pointed at their reflections in the huge mirror once again.

"Hyun, could you see yourself with somebody else?" he almost incoherently mumbled, as his eyelids were becoming heavier.

 

We look good together. I only look perfect when I'm next to you.

 

"Huh? What did you say again Kris-oppa?"

"Nah, I just miss my favorite dongsaeng. It has been thirty six hours since I got assigned there that I wasn't even able to eat breakfast and lunch with you this day." he titled his head closer to hers. "Hyun, please grow slowly, okay??"

She finally got the chance to retract from his back hug, "Oppa, you're random again. Are you sick?"

She touched his neck with the back of her hand, she was right his temperature was warmer than normal.

"Oppa, you haven't slept for the whole thirty six hours again don't you? Did I ever forget to remind you to consume the six hours free time for sleeping?" she reminded him in a rather nagging manner.

"Ahjumma Hyun!" he playfully ruffled her hair.

 

 

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door cutting their precious moment alone together.

"Oppa, you get medicine on my drawer." Seohyun reminded him as she opened the door of her office.” Good evening, who is it?"

She found a beautiful blonde petite lady who was shorter than her wearing a white laboratory coat. "Good evening." she briefly bowed to greet the young lady, "Is Kris Wu in here?"

"Ah, yes Dr.? Dr. Wu is here. Please come in."

"Hello good evening, I'm Dr. Jung." the blonde belle offered her hand for a handshake to Seohyun as she flashes her bright yet demure smile.

The young lady shyly shook the blonde's hand and introduced herself, "Annyeong hasaeyo, Dr. Seo Joo Hyun-imnida, pleased to meet you Dr. Jung."

She automatically bowed her head even of she was still handshaking with the blonde physician.

She wasn't really used to that kind of casual greeting. Her ways were very Korean that handshakes were even queer for her.

"Jung Soo Yeon, M.D." she muttered the blonde's name to herself as she read the blonde physician's name engraved in her nameplate.

"Dr. Jung, Jessica. Pleased to meet you as well Dr. Seo." the blonde physician introduced herself in English. "...so you're the infamous Dr. Seo that Wu Fan is always talking about."

Wait Jung, Jessica? Isn't she Kris-oppa's ex-girlfriend.

It was queer that she suddenly felt stunned in her stance; she couldn't move a step backward to make way for the blonde young female physician.

 

 

It's Jessica Jung, Kris Wu's infamous ex-girlfriend. She's a myth to every girl who admires her oppa. They say she's the female version of Kris. Cold, smug, yet has the right because she could also be the definition of perfection.

"Uhm...excuse me." Jessica got her attention and made her get back in trance. "...is Wu Fan in here?"

"Uhh..." the young lady stuttered and cannot utter a proper word. ”O-oppa, yes...here. He's here. Wait, I'll call him."

Few seconds passed, and Kris came out from the office's wash room while drying his face. "Hyun, apply moisturizer in my face, p-"

He was not able to finish his sentence as his ex-lover's face surprised him.

"Wu Yi Fan!" the blonde suddenly squealed as she made her way towards him.

"Sica.."

The blonde young female physician almost literally jumped just to hug him and wrapped her arms on his neck.

"Wu Yi Fan, I miss you."

"Jessica..." he was very surprised by the blonde lady's sudden appearance. It has been a year since they have seen each other.

They broke up not because of an argument but because of their differences, and that Kris felt suffocated on how he was always ought to adjust for Jessica. Hence, they broke up in a peaceful manner. No one knows, if one of them still has feelings for the other.

Kris really did love her, but it was really hard on his part to keep up onto their relationship. Jessica's really the definition of perfection for a girl: a responsible heiress of their hospitals, an ideal older sister and daughter to her sibling and parents, an A-list student during their pre medicine years, and a famous model of a famous clothing line, cosmetics, and their own hospitals.

Being her fiancé, it has been hard for Kris to maintain a high standards, he always have to understand that Jessica has a lot of things to do always, and that he will never be her priority due to her duties and obligations as the eldest daughter of the elite Jung family.

Kris maybe affluent, like Jung Jessica (Soo Yeon) but he never wished for such extravagant kind of lifestyle, he never wished to have a fairytale love line to a woman like the prince of England. Kris only wants to love a girl with a sincere heart. Jessica Jung had always neglected him when they were still together.

He already found the sincere girl he was looking for, and it's Seo Joo Hyun. It may not feel like the first time, since the young lady is not his first lover. But the feeling that Seohyun sends him is way different from his two former girlfriends, and he could tell that she is the one that he will keep forever.

 

 

He completely forgot how it felt to be with Jung Soo Yeon. Thus, being embraced by another girl in front of his dearest dongsaeng really made him feel upset on himself.

‘’Jung Soo Yeon…’’ he did not know how to respond on the blonde young physician’s sweet gesture. He was her boyfriend, but it doesn’t mean that he still wants to be warmly embraced by his ex like before but it will be rude if he will just shun her away. He is still a gentleman after all.

‘’Ahem.’’ Seohyun let out an obvious awkward cough to get the other two’s attention. ‘’Kris-oppa…Dr. Jung, I’ll just go out so the two of you can talk.’’

Kris tried to stop his dongsaeng from getting out of the room; he suddenly felt that he needed to explain to her – a serious one. He does not want the younger girl to misunderstand them. Even he himself was surprised with Soo Yeon’s arrival, they have not completely lost contacts with each other since their families were friends and they see each other on special events but still, the blonde visited him without notice.

‘’Hyun, you can stay.’’ He awkwardly stopped her as he slowly removed Jessica’s arms around his neck.

‘’It's okay Kris-oppa, I also want to breathe some fresh air outside.’’ She went outside the room shutting the door as immediately as she could.

Her excuse was really naïve, fresh air from the hospital’s vicinity? The tall young gentleman felt that Seohyun was feeling off and that she was just making an excuse to avoid the scene of being with the two of them.

"Jessica what brought you here?" he instantly asked as he faced his unexpected visitor.

"Well, I heard two months ago that you've been studying here as a resident. I was really happy when I heard about it Kris...though we're assigned in different sections I'm really glad to know that we chose to study in the same graduate school and we're clerks in the same hospital." the blonde's happiness was surely seen in her sparkling eyes even if she shows a little-to-blunt nature.

"I heard that you're assigned in Oncology department. Glad to know that." He bluntly praised her. Still, his head was filled with his favorite dongsaeng's thoughts despite the fact that he's facing his ex-girlfriend.

‘’Aren’t you glad to see me, Kris?’’

Glad? Is it even proper to ask that Jessica? he mentally ridiculed the blonde’s question. ‘’O-of course I am.’’ His voice trailed down answering her question.

Jessica briefly looked at the doors direction, she’s sensing that Kris was kind of anxious that the young lady went out and left them all alone in the room. She sensed that he has something for her, ‘’…so those hearsays are true?’’ she assumed.

He did not answer her question, not because he does not want to hurt her or reconcile with her again but because he is afraid to let other people know about his real feelings towards Seohyun. His ex-girlfriend isn’t the type to spread new in no time but a secret will never be a secret once whispered.

The blonde raise an eyebrow crossing her arms, ‘’…we’ve been together for almost two years, Kris.’’

She smiled meaningfully reassuring the tall gentleman that she completely knew what he meant by his silence.

All he could do was to purse his lips, feeling a little mortified by his own silence. He wanted to tell it to her directly that he has already moved on from their unsuccessful relationship and that he already found the girl he wanted to spend all his life with, but he can’t because he still can’t reveal it.

‘’Wish you all the best, Kris.’’ She playfully hit his chest, though obviously feeling disappointed.

‘’Thanks, Sica.’’ He meekly replied that awkwardness succumb them even more.

‘’I was really happy the moment I knew you’ve really studied med here. But now I know that you’re all up to her…I wish you all the best.’’ Jessica’s eyes turned watery no matter how hard she tried to flaunt a blissful image in front of him.

 

‘’I’m sorry Sica…’’ he held both of her shoulders. ‘’Someday you will find a greater guy who would understand you more that I did. It’s not because I’m called as your male version means that we’re the perfect two.’’

‘’You and your manners….’’ She wiped a drop of tear which was able to escape her eyes, ‘’…sometimes I wish you could be a little blunt around me.’’

‘’You know that it will be really hard for me to do that, because no matter what I do you’re still that girl who made me feel really bad for the first time in my life.’’

‘’So friends?’’ the blonde started to wipe her eyes as she raised the pinky finger of her right hand.

‘’Friends.’’  He accepted the latter’s offer. After all, time heals all the wounds that scarred his memories. He maybe one of the most selfish people existing in the planet. But he cannot act like one in front of his few dearest people, and Jessica is still one of those people.

‘’I’m really sorry. But we’re different from other former couples, right?’’ he pulled the blonde into a friendly bear hug. ‘’I’m glad to see you, and I miss you too.’’

‘’Whatever, Wu Fan.’’ The blonde started laughing it off as she hugged him back, ‘’Now I have no choice but to become your Best Woman since you don’t have friends.’’

‘’Who says I need one when I know all of them see me as money?’’

‘’You and your reasons Kris! It’s time to change if you’re in love already!’’ she playfully knocked  the latter’s forehead defying his reasoning. ‘’I know why you’re like that Kris, because I’ve experienced the same thing. But not all people are like that, it’s just that you are jinxed all this time that’s why you say those stuffs, it's cliche but tomorrow’s another story, trust me.’’

‘’Look who has changed?’’ he playfully retorted and began playing with her blonde hair, ‘’…I never thought that hair colors can change someone’s outlook in life.’’

‘’Whatever Kris!’’ she began to pinch the tall gentleman’s nose, ‘’…you might think of it as a joke for now, but you’ll see what I mean by that.’’

‘’Whatever Jess!’’ he began being playful, somehow he missed their old times together. She’s his most trusted companion since both of them were still wearing nappies before they became lovers, and now that they’re ex-lovers certainly it’s really hard for the both of them to completely let go each other. And both were obviously feeling the same way. ‘’I’m glad we’re okay now.’’

 

No cold shoulder.

Snobs not allowed.

 

Both of them laughed it all out setting aside all the bad memories which occurred between them.

 

Conversely, Seohyun did not really left but stayed in front of the door and overheard some parts of their conversation.

Seems that both of them are okay now.

----------

Since Seohyun’s Christmas day was a twenty-four hour duty, she and Kris spent it four days earlier. Both of them are medical practitioners, and their call of duty is more important more than that especial event.

One of the norms that a medical practitioner should develop is emotional detachment, since these kinds of people should always be firm for they always face the drama inside the hospital. Forget all the events – who says that no one gets sick or no one dies in Christmas and New Years Eve?

They spent the whole December 21st’s evening by randomly strolling around Seo residence’s vicinity just like a random day when they were still interns. Both of them felt nostalgic despite the fact that what they’re doing was just a random stroll going to her house. It was almost a year since Kris walked her home, and though they often spend their free time together in the hospital, they were never able to do strolling near her place because of their hectic schedules.

‘’Hyun, what’s your gift for me?’’  Kris asked all of a sudden as he warmed his hands inside his winter coat’s pockets.

‘’Do you want to exchange gifts here, Oppa?’’ she chuckled, looking at the frozen streets during that winter evening.

He briefly looked around and saw no one but the two of them, ‘’I’m okay here, every where’s okay. What’s the problem?’’

‘’You’re very random again!’’ she took out a rectangular Christmas present wrapped in a dainty cream gift wrapper from her letterman bag and handed it to him ‘’Here.’’

His eyes were sparkling the moment he accepted his present from her. He was not really after the kind of present she’s going to give her, rather he’s up to the dedication she has for him, but unfortunately, there were no dedication written for him.

‘’So blunt.’’ He was definitely disappointed.

‘’Why so blunt? Did you not like it oppa?’’ she anxiously asked and wondered at the same time, ‘’…you haven’t opened it yet.’’

He opened his gift and saw a silver bracelet with a single Onyx stone as its lock, ‘’Hyun, you forgot to write me a dedication.’’

He took out his gift for the young lady inside his leather letterman bag. It was inside a white box patterned with small green dots. With a note attached on it; To Hyun, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Avoid tardiness and use the alarm of this wristwatch. I hope you like it, Kris-oppa is just concern I want you to overcome that sickness of yours this coming year. You always take care. With Love: Kris-oppa

 

‘’I’m sorry Oppa, you know how awful my handwriting is.’’

‘’It’s okay.’’ He couldn’t really hide his disappointment. Maybe he is expecting so much from her. Anyhow, it’s his too much expectation which gave him disappointment.

‘’It will only look messy if I write a dedication on it. Please don’t be upset.’’

He has everything, and he could buy it since he has plentiful of bucks in his bank account, his surname Wu didn’t became infamous for nothing. Definitely he’s not fond of tangible things he could simply buy in the mall, what he wants is a sincere thought from her.

‘’I’m not. I understand.’’ He eventually smiled. He almost forgot that the girl he is secretly in love with is seemingly innately anesthetized and has troubles in expressing her thoughts.

The young lady opened her present, and it was a yellow G-shock watch. She knew how pricey that watch was and that her present looked well-prepared. ‘’Oppa, this one is expensive – ‘’

‘’And so what? Money isn’t an issue for me, Hyun…I can give you ten of that…. But I hope you like it. Don’t care much for its cost, I’ve thought about it carefully when I bought that.’’

She felt a tinge of guilt knowing that the present she received from him was thoughtful.

He childishly blew out air from his mouth, ‘’I’ll wait for the time when you’re going to write a note for me, Hyun.’’

 

 

The next thing they knew, both of them were in front of Seo residence’s gate and it’s time for them to bid their farewells for each other, ‘’So this is it Hyun, I need to go…you go inside now.’’ He ruffled the young lady’s hair.

‘’Thank you for the gift Oppa. Merry Christmas. Don’t forget to take lots of pictures with your family’’

‘’Merry Christmas Hyun. You too, take care in your shift.’’

It was not the way he pictured it out that will happen. Maybe he was really expecting that much, but he still has no right to feel disappointed. After all, he is just her favorite Oppa – the closest male friend she always have by her side, and not his boyfriend.

Thus, Kris was left with no choice but to be satisfied with every single moment he spend with her. No commitments, no reassurance, no strings attached, still.