A Plan

A Game of Lies

 

Sorry for not updating! >.<
I was really sick for the past few days. 

Anway, here's another update. Enjoy! (:

 

 “You want me to return the money?” Jay asked you in surprised.

“Yes. I want you to return the money back.” You told him.

“That’s somewhat sudden you know. The money is already inside a deposit-box at the bank.” Jay told you anxiously.

“Well… We will go to the bank now to take the mo...”

“No… No… You can’t do that. It’s already past five isn’t it? The bank where I kept the money at, they’re only open on weekdays till 5pm only. So we can’t go to the bank to take it out. That’s the whole point of keeping it safe there.” Jay quickly cut your sentence before you could finish it. “Anyway, it’s best to keep the money there until the final day.”

“Jay… I head it… I head your conversation the other day on the phone. Everything that you said, I heard it all. That you… That you cheated me out of my money.” You told Jay bravely.

“B… Bwoh? What do you…” Jay stuttered.

“Well, let’s just keep this short.” Hongki suddenly spoke.

“This girl’s 100 million dollars are you going to return it or are you going to keep it? If you don’t return the money by tomorrow, we’ll hand you over to the police.” Hongki stared and told Jay coldly.

“Hey! Wait… Wait a second! There’s no reason to get the police involved right? This is a game, isn’t it? Everything is in the rules right? ‘Taking your opponent’s money is not considered a criminal act’. This is stated in the rules!” Jay hurriedly replied, feeling nervous.

“You’ve just admitted, correct? That you took the money.” Hongki smirked.

All Jay could do was just to stare at Hongki as he was too stunned to say or do anything.

Hongki continued, “You deceived her and stole her money, so you were in the game from the start. Am I right?”

Jay was totally loss for words. He stared at you and then to Hongki and back to you. All of a suddenly, Jay started chuckling to himself.

“Exactly! I deceived you! So what? You’re in no position to give me this kind of talk. This is a freaking game! If I didn’t take the money, maybe you would have taken my stack first!” Jay exclaimed.

“I… I wouldn’t do something like that. Don’t you know me well enough to know what kind of person I actually am?” You said, looking sadly at Jay.

“Hah! I wonder. People cannot be trusted.” Jay spat back at you.

“You know, dancing was always my work and passion. Just because once, I accidentally did a mistake during an event and got the whole event screwed, I got pulled out of the team I was working with and they never gave me any assignment ever again! Few weeks later, they fired me. They told me they didn’t want anybody non-professional on the team. Do you how devastated I was? Now, my family sees me as some useless person. That’s what people are like! I work my off, teaching hard and learning hard and this is what I get in the end? Come on, tell me… Do I deserve this? It’s just plain stupid to believe in them! Now I don’t even know if I have enough to get through each day and then this marvelous game appeared! I was saved! It’s like there a God, knowing I needed help! That’s why, I am going to win this for sure!” Jay shouted at the top of his lungs, getting agitated.

“Please Jay, if I end up with a 100 million dollars debt, I will never ever be able to return this sum of money. I’ve no work now too. So please Jay.” You walked towards Jay and help his arms, begging him.

“Why do I even care?” Jay screamed and pushed you away hard and you landed on the ground. “That’s your business! Not mine! The 100 million dollars is mine now! Go home!!”  After saying this, Jay quickly ran back into his house leaving you sitting on the floor.

“Making a face like that won’t change anything you know?” Hongki said while helping you up from the ground.

 

~ 1 hour later, on an empty bus ~

“To think that I trusted Jay and he actually put a debt of 100 million on me… It’s a 100 million…” You sobbed.

“Who says that you’ll have to bear that debt?” Hongki grumpily said.

“I don’t need this kind of false comfort… It’s a fact that my 100 million dollars is with Jay and I lost. The money rests in a safe at a bank and its impossible for me to get it back from there” You murmured before starting to weep.

“That’s utterly nonsense! There’s a flaw.” Hongki looked at you and said confidently.

“A flaw?” You looked at Hongki with hope in your eyes.

“Yeahh and ironically, it was Jay who revealed it to us.”

“I… I don’t understand. What… What flaw is there?” You stammered.                

“Well, when does the game end?” Hongki stared at you with a blank look, shaking his head.

You quickly got your phone out and check the calendar. “It began 4 days ago. Lasting for 30 days… So there’s another 26 more days. B… Bwoh?!” You were astonished.

Slowly, you thought back to what Jay had said, “The bank where I kept the money at, they’re only open on weekdays till 5pm only.”  

“Do you get it now? The game ends on a Sunday. On that very day, the bank will be closed.” Hongki replied.

“So… So… he needs to get the money out of there two days before the game ends right? You asked Hongki happily

“Yeah. Exactly. So it’s still early to give up now.” Hongki gave you assuring look.

“You’re right! It’s too early to give up now! There’s still a chance!” You smiled happily.

After a while, your smile turned into a frown. “But… But even when it’s out of the safe… How am I supposed to get the money back? It definitely won’t be that easy to get the money.”

“I’ve already got a plan for that as well. But I’ll take 50 million as my reward. If you give me 50 million dollars, I’ll tell you.” Hongki suddenly leaned in towards you, whispering.

“50… 50 million dollars? I can’t do that. When I get back the 100 million dollars, I’ll have to return all of it to the secretariat. I’ll be left with nothing after that! How am I supposed to give you 50 million dollars?” You exclaimed.

“With Jay’s stack, it’s going to be 200 million dollars right? He admitted that it’s a game for him. If that’s the case… This is business for me!” Hongki retorted back, smirking.

“I’ll just that half of the money as my reward. 50 million dollars. If you’re ready to take away all of the money from Jay, I’ll help you. So, what do you say?” Hongki gave you a questioning look.

And all this while, all you could do was just to stare at Hongki in awe, with mouth wide open.

“So...?” Hongki waved his hand in front of you.

“I’m… I’m in. I’m… ready to do that.” You whispered.

*It will be better than owing a debt I know I can never return even if I work my whole life* You thought to yourself.

 

“Then it’s decided. Now it’s time to declare war!” Hongki smirked.

 

 

So, what do you think Hongki plan is? (:

I'm still a little sick now. 
I'll update more when i feel better! ^^

Do subscribe and comment! I will love you a lot! <3
Thank you! (: